I don’t want to hear anymore about it!
你是老板 – 别跟我说话
You’re the boss. – Don’t talk to me!
你在哪儿?- 楼上
Where are you? – Up here!
你好 妈妈 身体还好吗?
Hello, Mama. How are you feeling?
对一个将近90的人问这个等于是白问
Not a good question to ask somebody nearly 90!
你气色还不错
Well, you look fine.
我一向脸色都不错
It’s my ageless appeal.
麦克莱蒂把你的话带到了
Miss McClatchey gave me your message.
也请了弗萝琳
Florine is invited, too.
谢了
Thank you.
霍克会送我们去 那儿一定很多人
I guess Hoke should drive us. There’ll be a crowd.
妈妈 我们要谈谈这事了
Mama, we have to talk about this.
谈什么?
Talk about what?
就是关于这件事
About the feasibility of all this.
我相信马丁·路德·金确实做了很多了不起的事
I believe Martin Luther King has done some mighty fine things.
你要是不想去的话 为什么不直接说
If you don’t want to go, why don’t you just say so?
我也想去 你也知道我多崇拜他
I want to go! You know how I feel about him.
当然 但弗萝琳
Of course, but Florine…
这跟弗萝琳没关系 我还有事情要做
Florine has nothing to do with it. I still have to do business here.
我知道 你要参加了”金”的晚宴
I see. Werthan Bag will go out of business
威尔顿公♥司♥就得破产了
if you attend the King dinner.
也不尽然 但我的客户可不会这么想
Not exactly. But a lot of men I do business with wouldn’t like it.
他们会
They might…
暗自窃笑
snicker a little.
背后会戏称我为 马丁·路德·威尔顿的
Call me Martin Luther Werthan behind my back.
我参加俱乐部的话 人们或许就不会这么想
Maybe I wouldn’t hear about certain meetings at the Club.
那个老杰克·拉菲尔 他是纽约的犹太人
Old Jack Raphael at Ideal Mills, he’s a New York Jew instead of a Georgia Jew.
这些生意人都来自纽约 明白吗?
All the really smart ones come from New York, don’t they?
他们就会和老杰克做买♥♥卖♥♥
Some might throw their business to Jack
而不是马丁·路德·威尔顿
instead of old Martin Luther Werthan.
我也不清楚 或许事情不会这样的
I don’t know. Maybe it wouldn’t happen.
但有时候 情况就是这样
But sometimes that’s the way things work.
不管怎样 我们不去的话 还是会有人去的
Anyway, if we don’t use those seats, somebody else will.
“我们不去的话”?就代表我不会去了吗?
If we don’t use those seats? I’m not supposed to go, either?
这你自己拿主意
You can do whatever you want.
很感谢得到你的允许
Thanks for your permission.
我能问你一些事吗?
Can I ask you something?
什么时候这么崇拜马丁·路德·金了?
When did you get so fired up about Martin Luther King?
以前你可不是这样的
You weren’t before.
你又来了 波利
Why, Boolie!
我从未对别人有过偏见 这你是知道的
I’ve never been prejudiced in my life and you know it.
那你为何叫上霍克陪你去?
Then why don’t you ask Hoke to go with you?
霍克?别说笑了 他不会去的
Don’t be ridiculous. He wouldn’t go.
问问他看
Ask him and see.
好了
All right.
波利前几天说的话 真是愚蠢之极
Boolie said the silliest thing the other day.
他说什么了?
What did he say?
说了关于马丁·路德·金的一些事
He was talking about Martin Luther King.
你也知道这人 是吧?
I guess you know him, don’t you?
马丁·路德·金?不 我不知道
King? No, ma’am. I don’t know him.
我想你也不知道
I was sure you did.
但你有听过他的演讲吗?
But you’ve heard him preach?
是的 和你一样 在电视上看的
Yes, ma’am, same way you have, on the TV.
我认为他很了不起
I think he’s wonderful.
你是指什么 夫人?- 真不开窍
What you getting at? – It’s so silly.
波利说 你想和我去赴这个宴会
Boolie says you wanted to go with me to this dinner.
你跟他提起过这事?
Did you tell him that?
没有
No, I didn’t.
我可不这么认为 你什么时候都是听他的
I didn’t think so. What’d be the point? You can hear him whenever you want.
我想现在该把事情调转过来了
I think it’s wonderful the way things are changing.
现在你怎么看我呢 夫人?
Now what you think I am, Miss Daisy?
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
这宴会的请贴
The invitation to this dinner…
一个月前就寄到了
came in the mail a month ago.
既然你想叫我和你一起去
Now, if did be you wanted me to go with you…
那为何要等到来这儿的时候才跟我说?
how come you wait till we in the car on the way before you asked me?
什么?这全是波利跟我说你想去的
What? All I said was Boolie said you wanted to go.
下回你要想叫我去别的地方
Next time you want me to go somewhere,
最好先跟我说一声
you ask me regular.
你大可不必勉强自己的
You don’t have to carry on so much.
那就算了吧
Let’s just leave it alone.
真是
Honestly!
说什么要改变♥态♥度 最后还不是老样子
Talk about things changing. They ain’t changed all that much.
我扶你到门口吧
I’ll help you to the door.
不用了 我自己能走
Thank you, Hoke, I can help myself.
可以看出南方有着巨大的潜力
can see that the South has marvelous possibilities.
然而 除此之外
Yet in spite of these assets…
种族隔离也使得南方各州
segregation has placed the South…
社会建设 教育
socially, educationally,
经济各方面 远远落后于其它的州
and economically behind the rest of the nation.
在南方的白人区 那些有着美好愿望的人
Yet there are, in the white South, millions of people of good will…
他们的心声从未为人们所知
whose voices are yet unheard…
包括他们的成绩
whose course is yet unclear…
还有他们勇敢的行为
and whose courageous acts are yet unseen.
这千百万人被号♥召起来
These millions are called upon…
压抑自己的勇气 不敢大声疾呼
to gird their courage, to speak out…
争取自己所应有的权利
to offer leadership that is needed.
历史会见证这一
History will have to record…
社会变迁到如此地步的惨痛时刻
that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition…
这些讽刺和抨击 不是给那些心怀不轨的人的
was not the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people…
而是针对那些冷漠无情的群体的
but the appalling silence and indifference of the good people.
我们的下一代也会因此而悔悟
And our generation will have to repent…
不仅是对那些生活在黑暗中的儿童
not only for the words and acts of the children of darkness…
以及那些在阳光中成长的儿童所表现的冷漠
but also for the fears and apathy of the children of light.
早啊 夫人
‘Morning, Miss Daisy.
戴茜夫人?
Miss Daisy?
霍克 是霍克吗?
Hoke, is that Hoke?
是我 夫人 你没事吧?
It’s me. You all right?
霍克 你把我的作业本放哪儿了?
Hoke, what did you do with my papers?
什么作业?- 我的作业
What papers? – My papers!
昨晚我把它们全都改完后
I had them all corrected last night…
就把它们放到自己上课时 一眼就看到的地方
and I put them where I wouldn’t forget them on my way to school.
你把它们放哪儿了?
What did you do with them?
你在说些什么?
What are you talking about?
不把作业发回给孩子们的话 他们会很失望的
The children will be disappointed if I don’t give them their homework back.
我总是第二天 就把作业发回去的
I always give it back the next day.
这也是他们喜欢我的原因
That’s why they like me.
你自己是在说胡话
You talking out your head.
那为何不帮帮我?
Why aren’t you helping me?
你想让我♥干♥什么?
What do you want me to do?
快点把那些作业找出来
Find those papers. I told you!
如果是你放到别的地方的话 我不会介意的
It’s all right if you moved them. I won’t be mad.
快要迟到了 我得赶紧去学校了
But I’ve got to get to school. I’ll be late.
谁来照看孩子们
Who will take care of my class?
就他们自己在那儿 天啊
They’ll be all alone. Oh, God!
这都是我的错
I do everything wrong!
先坐下来再说 你会摔伤的
Now set down in here. You’re going to fall and hurt yourself.
这都是我的错 我没把工作做好
I’m so sorry. It’s all my fault. I didn’t do right.
真是太糟了
It’s so awful!
除了你自己 一切都很正常
Ain’t nothing awful except the way you carrying on.
这全是我的错
It’s all my fault.
我找不着作业本了 孩子们正等着呢
I can’t find the papers. The children are waiting.
没人在等你 你已经不是老师了
There ain’t nobody waiting on you. You ain’t a teacher no more.
这没什么不一样
It doesn’t make any difference.
听着 夫人 你没做错什么
Now listen, there ain’t nothing wrong with you!
你不知道的
You don’t know.
戴茜夫人
Miss Daisy.
你好 – 你好 威尔顿先生 我是霍克
Hello. – Mr. Werthan, this Hoke here.
一大早找我 有什么事吗?
What can I do for you?
你的妈妈 先生
It’s your mama.
怎么了?