一生充满了罪恶
…reckless sinful way throughout this life.
主告诉我…
The Lord has told me
地狱的大门…
that the open gates of Hell
…正张着血盆大口, 等在我们前行的路上
are yawning up widely in our path.
诅咒之火…
Yes, the flames of perpetual damnation
…时刻想吞噬我们的灵魂
are ever ready to grasp our souls.
我们知道什么样的人, 是正义的
We know the way of the righteous man.
我们知道正义的人在祷告
Yeah, we know the prayer of the righteous man.
我告诉你们主已经讲过
I’m telling you that the Lord has spoken.
是的, 主跟我说过话
Yes, the Lord has spoken to me.
你好
Hi.
我是麦克·安斯林, 登记入住
Mike Enslin. Checking in.
亲爱的, 安斯林先生
Honey. Mr. Enslin.
我们还担心你不来了呢
We were afraid you weren’t going to show.
您的光临真是令小店蓬筚生辉
Oh it’s such an honor to have you here.
今晚天气可真糟啊 -能不能把钥匙给我
Terrible night out there. -If I could just get the key,
我先安顿下来, 我们明早再聊…
I’ll settle in and we can talk in the morning after…
你大概想听听我们这儿闹鬼的事吧
You probably want to hear all about our haunted history.
看, 这边的楼梯
Well, this staircase here, this is where the maid
这里据说就是1860年, 女仆上吊的地方
reputedly hung herself in 1860.
哦 -这有张照片
Oh. -There’s a picture!
这些能不能明天早上再谈? -等等
Can we do this in the morning? -Wait wait.
照片就印在我们旅店的宣传册上
It’s printed in our brochure.
我们给你寄了一份没有? -呃, 好像寄了
Did we send you one of these? -Uh, probably did.
你看到她了吗? 就在窗户里 -是的, 看到了
Do you see her in the window? -Yeah, there she is.
这照片是位客人1986年拍摄到的
That’s a photo that a guest took in 1986.
你们信上说…
In your letter you mentioned that the rooms
…灵异现象多发生在…
with the most paranormal activity
…顶楼的房♥间? 能不能给我安排那儿的房♥间?
were in the attic. Could I have one of those rooms?
您说的没错, 因为3楼就是顶楼
That’s right, because the attic is on the third floor
以前是仆人的房♥间
which is the former servant’s quarters.
人们说西维亚的孩子…
People say that all of Sylvia’s children
…都因肺结核而死在上面
died up there of tuberculosis.
所有的孩子? -客人们总是说听到奇怪的声音
All of them? -Guests have reported strange sounds.
午夜钟声后就总是有古怪的响声
At the stroke of midnight there’s been weird noises.
对此我们的建议就是, 最好从里面把门反锁上
Now our best advice is to lock your door from the inside.
是这样吧, 亲爱的? -没错
Isn’t that right, honey? -That’s right.
一定要小心, 从里面把门反锁上
You take care, you just lock it from the inside.
我会的
I will.
只要你们给我钥匙
As soon as you give me the key.
哈, 抱歉, 马上给您拿来
I’m so… right. Got it right here.
14号♥房♥, 很好认的 -今天可是长途跋涉啊
Number 14, you can’t miss it. -Been a long drive.
祝你好运 -好的, 看看今晚…
Good luck. -All right, we’ll see
…能有什么诡异之事
what the night brings.
旅店主人克拉克夫人
Mike: Mrs. Clark, the proprietor,
从她接手旅店后
says she hasn’t slept a night
她就没睡过觉, 我相信她
since acquiring the inn and I believe her.
不, 不, 我可怜她
No no no, I pity her.
但是他们的荷包蛋土司太好吃了
But in any case, the eggs Benedict are delicious
如果你提前电♥话♥预约, 克拉克夫人说…
and if you call in advance, Mrs. Clark says
…她还会烤制最拿手的巧克力蛋糕
she will bake her famous flourless chocolate cake.
就恐怖指数而言, 我给垂榉旅馆6颗骷髅头
On a Shiver Scale, I award the Weeping Beach Inn six skulls.
见鬼去吧, 5颗骷髅头
Screw ’em, five skulls.
嗨 -嗨
Hi. -Oh hey.
有什么事吗?
How’s it going? Can I help you?
我是来参加特别活动的
Yeah, I’m here for the big event.
哦, 好啊
All right. Cool.
我是麦克·安斯林
I’m Mike Enslin.
谁?
Sorry?
签名售书 -哦, 是这样啊
Book signing. -Oh, right.
对啊, 那人就是你, 和照片上还挺像的
Oh, that’s you, yeah. I see the resemblance, yeah.
照片照的不错 -多谢夸奖
That’s a good picture. -Thanks, man.
好的, 等一下
All right, hold on.
请注意, 书迷朋友们
Um… attention, book lovers.
今晚著名鬼故事作家
Tonight we have noted occult writer
麦克·安斯林
Michael Enslin
将莅临作家角
at the Author’s Corner tonight.
他是畅销小说”鬼魂生存指南”的作者
He’s the writer of the best-selling ghost survival guides,
他的作品包括: “10家鬼店”
um… with such titles as “10 Haunted Hotels,”
“10座鬼坟”
“10 Haunted Graveyards,”
“10座闹鬼灯塔”
“10 Haunted Lighthouses.”
签售会将于今晚7:00开始
That’s tonight, 7: 00 pm.
总之, 写作令我乐在其中
Anyway, so I really enjoyed writing it,
这些作品本身也是在讲述历史
and that’s kind of a history of the book.
希望你们都能喜欢
And I hope you enjoy it, or enjoyed it.
永远保持恐惧
Uh, you know, stay scared.
有什么问题吗?
Right? Any questions?
你去过的最恐怖的地方是哪儿?
Where’s the scariest place you’ve ever been?
我去过的最恐怖的地方?
Scariest place I’ve ever been?
这问题以前还真没人问过我
Uh, I’ve never heard that question before.
我开玩笑的
That’s a joke.
每个地方都有自己鲜明的特点
Well, all these places have very colorful histories.
Um…
如果真要叫我选个最恐怖的
I would say, if I had to pick a top one,
我想应该是, 巴尔海港吧
I would say Bar Harbor,
恐怖的麦德新婚之夜, 谋杀案的案发现场
the site of the grisly McTeig wedding night murders.
那儿真是个恐怖的地方, 或者是圣·克劳德, 明尼苏达
That’s an intense place. Or maybe St. Cloud, Minnesota,
在那里, 那些在战争中失去丈夫的寡妇, 失去理智的把婴儿扔到井里
where the crazed war widow threw her baby down a well.
那些地方, 都弥漫着恐怖的气息
I mean, those all have a lot of… I mean, it’s thick.
很浓的气息 -那些搞恶作剧的鬼呢?
The air is thick. -What about poltergeists?
我是个专业的研究者, 我每到一处都是装备精良
Look, I’m a good researcher. I go into every gig locked and loaded.
我带着电磁辐射仪, 全波光谱仪
I travel with an EMF meter, full-range spectrometer,
红外照相机, 我最大的乐趣…
infrared camera. I mean, look, nothing would make me happier
…就是去检验那些异灵事件
than to experience a paranormal event,
就如同黑暗中瞥见
you know, to get a glimpse of the elusive light
一缕神光般欣喜若狂
at the end of the tunnel.
你是说根本就不存在什么鬼魂?
So you’re saying there’s no such thing as ghosts?
我是说目前为止我还没见过
I’m saying I’ve never seen one,
但是对那些生意惨淡的旅店来说
but they’re awful convenient for desperate hotels
这些传闻却无疑会给他们带来生意
when the interstate moves away.
扯的太远了, 谁有笔?
This thing has really gone off the rails. Who has a pen?
我有 -要签在哪本书上?
I do. -Which one?
说真的, 麦克, 要想见真正的鬼魂
Uh, but seriously, Mike, if I want to see a real live ghost,
最好去什么地方?
where’s my best bet?
一定要看到? -恩
Guaranteed? -Yeah.
奥兰多的闹鬼公♥寓♥
Haunted Mansion, Orlando.
太棒了, 多谢
Awesome, thanks.
时刻保持恐惧 -谢谢
Stay scared. -Thank you.
雷, 你晚上锁门, 好吗?
Hey, Ray, can you lock up?
我今晚要去乐队训练
I got band practice tonight.
天啊
Holy shit.
这书你是从哪儿找到的?
What rock did you find that under?
易趣网 -易趣?
Um, eBay. -eBay, huh?
你多少钱买♥♥的?
How much did it go for?
没多少人竞买♥♥
Well, there weren’t many bidders.
大概一个都没吧
I would think not.
哇 -这是本…
Wow. -But it’s, um…
…很出色的书 -噢
an amazing book. -Oh.
非常… 独特
Um, so… unique
…极具灵感, 语言诚恳
and inspirational and honest.
谢谢, 你叫什么名字?
Thanks. What’s your name?
安娜 -好的, 安娜
Um, Anna. -Okay, Anna.
你还会再写类似风格的作品吗?
Are you gonna write another one like this one?
不会了
Nah, it’s a different guy.
Um…
能问你个问题吗? -当然了
can I ask you a question? -Sure.
这本书里所描写的父子关系…
Um, the relationship in the book
这问题可能太私人化了
with the father and the son… it’s probably too personal,
但是, 写的情感真挚…
but, um, it’s so authentic and… -Mm-hm.
…而且构思巧妙…
well-constructed, and…
…是真实的故事吗?
is it true?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!