[Money for Nothing by Dire Straits]
我记得我第一次看到它
I remember the first time I saw it.
试着找个词来形容它…
Tried to find words to describe it…
但我找不出来
but I couldn’t.
我还没有准备好
Nothing had prepared me…
没有书,没有老师,甚至没有我的父母。
no books, no teachers, not even my parents.
我听过上千个故事,但没有一个能描述这个地方
I heard a thousand stories but none could describe this place.
必须身临其境才能体会到
It must be witnessed to be understood.
然而,我见过它,
And yet… I’ve seen it,
比我第一次看到这个地方之前更不了解它
and understand it even less than before I first cast eyes on this place.
有人称之为美国沙漠,
Some call it the American Desert,
或者,大平原
others, the Great Plains.
但这些词是由书呆子们发明的,
But those phrases were invented
by professors at universities
他们被秩序的幻觉和对与错的幻想所包围
surrounded by the illusion of order
and the fantasy of right and wrong.
要了解它,你必须走近它
To know it, you must walk it.
渗入它的泥土
Bleed into its dirt.
淹没在它的河流中
Drown in its rivers.
然后它的名字就清楚了
Then its name becomes clear
是地狱,
It is hell,
而且到处都是恶魔
and there are demons everywhere.
别那样
I said no.
你会放我走吗?
Will you let me go?
我将把你卖♥♥掉
I will sell you.
或者宰了你
Or I will kill you!
你说着英语
You speak English.
你怎么能这样?!
How can you do this?!
你说英语,而且,你们的人就这样做
You speak English. And no, your people did this.
但如果这是地狱,而我也在其中
But if this is hell, and I’m in it…
那我也一定是个恶魔
then I must be a demon too.
而我已经死了
And I’m already dead.
队长
Captain.
是的
Yeah.
我们准备好了
We’re ready.
你来吗?
You coming?
我正在考虑
I’m thinking about it.
快点考虑吧
Think on it quick.
如果我在挖洞,
If I’m digging a hole,
我宁愿在太阳升起之前做这件事。
I’d rather do it before the sun’s high.
我来了
I’m coming.
快点儿!
Come on!
哇!
Whoa!
驾!
Ya!
驾!
Ya!
很聪明。 – 他们不会再上当了
Pretty smart. – They won’t fall for it again.
很快他们就会射马
Pretty soon they’ll just shoot the horses.
也许马就是他们想要的
Horses is probably what they’re after.
农民没有其他值钱的东西
Farmers ain’t got nuthin’ else worth taking.
反正他们会射马
They’ll shoot the horses anyway.
然后是那个农民
Then the farmer.
驾!
Ya!
驾!
Ya!
他要做什么? – 我不知道。
What’s he doing? – I don’t know.
管他呢
I don’t give a shit.
好枪法
Good shot.
是的
Yep.
所以你们都坐在那里看?
So y’all just sat up there and watched?
你看起来像是想通了
You looked like you had it figured.
哦,真他娘谢谢你哦
Well, thanks for the fucking help.
不要带马
Don’t take the horse.
好吧,我觉得是我得到了这些马
Well, I figure I earned it.
这里的小偷都是成群结队的
Thieves run in pretty big packs around here.
如果有人看到它
If one of his pack sees it
你就是在告诉他们赶紧再来干一架
You’d just be advertising for the next gunfight.
德克萨斯州沃思堡-半亩田地狱
真货!
The genuine article!
科曼奇! 基奥瓦! 奇卡普! 头皮! 今天出♥售♥!
Comanche! Kiowa! Kickapoo! Scalps! For sale today!
林森的神奇长生不老药,只需10元
Linson’s magic elixir cures consumption $10.
托马斯-詹姆斯-赫维特
住宿
销♥售♥饲料
马车场
牛人
照相馆
能入住一辆马车和一队人吗?
Can you take a wagon and a team?
你的车队有多少人?
How many in your team?
四个。两个人乘火车到这里,一个是黄种人,一个是穿着鹿皮的人。
Four. And I had two shipped here by train,
A yellow and a buckskin.
你是詹姆斯·达顿? – 是的
You James Dutton? – Yep.
我们把它们放在后面了
We got them in back.
大多数人把他们的马车留在后面
Most keep their wagons out back.
看看你这里有什么
See what you got here.
让一让,让一让,先生们
Excuse us. – Excuse us, gentlemen.
嘿,所有这些东西明天早上就会被偷了
Hey, all this shit’ll be stolen by morning.
你没有地方可以保管?
You ain’t go no place you can keep it?
你出十美元我就会把它放在干草仓里
I’ll keep it in the hay barn for ten dollars.
不过,我也不能保证那里不会被抢
Of course, can’t make no promises it won’t get robbed there either.
我给了钱你就该办到
Well, it’s the promise I’m paying for.
二十美元,我会让人看着它们
For twenty, I’ll have someone sit with it.
看马多少钱?
And how much for the horses?
每匹两元。 – 好的
Two apiece. – All right.
有像样的旅馆吗?
There a decent hotel?
就你自己?
Just yourself?
还有我的家人,总共六个
Got my family. Six total.
是的
Yeah.
你不希望你的家人在这里
You don’t want your family here.
你应该去达拉斯
You should go to Dallas.
嗯,他们和我在这地方汇合
Well, here’s where they’re meeting me.
最好的选择是 Calhoun – 好的。
Best bet’s the Calhoun. – All right.
你是77,78,79,81和82的已经有人住。
You’re 77, 78, 79, 81 and 82 for the two already here.
这是马车的
For the wagon.
如果你在三十天内没有安顿下来,
If you ain’t settled up in thirty days,
这些都会被拿去拍卖♥♥
everything goes to auction.
这个镇上关于枪♥支♥的规定是什么?
What’s the rule about firearms in this town?
如果你没有枪,这个地方会把你分尸
This place’ll pick you apart if you ain’t got one.
但是如果你在这个镇上拔出你的手♥枪♥,先生
But if you pull your pistol in this town, mister…
你最好知道如何使用它
You’d better know how to use it.
嘿,帅哥!
Hey, handsome!
这是我的幸运日吗?
Is it my lucky day?
进来冲个澡吧
Come on in for a shower and bath.
该死,我可能会让你给我洗澡
Hell, I might let you bathe me.
忘记洗澡吧,宝贝
Forget about the bath, baby.
你可以像爬树一样来爬妈妈
You can come climb mama like a tree.
走路看着点儿
Watch where the hell you’re going.
还给我
Give it back.
还什么?
Give what back?
我的钱包 – 我他妈的没拿你…
My wallet. – I didn’t take your fucking…
扒手
Pickpocket!
把它放回去! – 他拿走了我该死的钱包。
Put that back! – He took my goddamn wallet.
农夫并不害怕使用那把猎枪
Farmer ain’t scared to use that shotgun.
农夫不久就会挑起一场他赢不了的战争
Farmer’s gonna pick a fight he can’t win before long.
托马斯,站在门口
Thomas, stand by that door.
不要让这些废话从这里跑出去
Don’t let any of that bullshit spill in here.
这可以说明这次路途有多危险
That should answer any questions about
how dangerous this journey will be.
会是这样,甚至更糟,一直到俄勒冈州
It will be that and worse, all the way to Oregon.
有人会说英语吗?
Does anybody speak English?
我…
I…
我会说英语,我叫约瑟夫。
I speak English. Josef.
这群人有带头儿的吗?
Does this group have a leader?
但他不会说英语
But he doesn’t speak English.
不会。不会英语
No. No English.
你们有货车吗?
You have wagons?
有牛拉车。
And ox to pull them.
牛…
Ox…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!