我正在尝试建立对外界电磁场的耐受性
I’ve been attempting to build up a tolerance for electromagnetic fields.
-真的吗 -是的
– Seriously? – Yeah.
是的 就好像 你知道的
Yeah, it’s like, um, you know,
每天摄入一点毒药 时间一长就有免疫力了
like taking small doses of poison to build up an immunity.
有用吗
Yeah, well, is that a real thing?
因为那听起来好像没用
‘Cause that does not sound like a real thing.
真的
It’s a real thing.
总之 你也知道的
Anyway, as you well know,
在我家前院西南偏南方向二百米处
there is a 60-kilovolt transformer
有个六十千伏的变压器
200 meters south-southwest of my front yard.
我一直在让自己去适应它
And I’ve been trying to get acclimated to it.
我今天整整待了两分钟
I got up to two minutes today.
-天呐 查克 -是啊
– Jesus, Chuck. – Yeah.
两天前 我连三十秒都待不上
Two days ago, I could barely stand 30 seconds.
下周我准备尝试五分钟
I’m trying to get up to five minutes by next week.
那真是…
That is just…
可为什么是现在呢
Uh, but why now?
被警♥察♥抓走 又被送进医院
Well, after what happened with the police and the hospital,
我现在几乎什么都没有了 吉米
I almost lost everything, Jimmy.
我不能再这样生活下去
I can’t go on like this.
我必须想办法好起来
I have to find a way to get better.
我必须好起来 我要回去工作
I’ve got to. I have to get back to work.
坐在这里 慢慢腐烂…
Sitting here, rotting away —
这不是我该过的生活 谁都不该这样生活
This is no kind of life for me — for anyone.
我必须重新做回一个有用的人
I need to be useful again.
查克 我真为你骄傲
Chuck… I am so proud of you.
这个过程将会很漫长
It’ll be a long process,
但是我坚信自己一定会做到
but one to which I’m very much committed.
我必须做到
I have to be.
天呐 我马上回来
God, I — I’ll be right back.
-我去车里拿点东西 -好的
– I got to get a few more things out of the car. – All right.
很好
All right.
这是什么
What’s all this?
只是一些卷宗 办公室里没地方放了
It’s just some case files. I’m out of room at the office.
我不想把它们放在车上
I don’t want to leave them in the car.
这里有很多敏感信息
There’s a lot of sensitive information.
你不会是打算把东西放在这里吧
Y-you’re not planning to leave them here.
-是啊 -可能不行 吉米
– Yeah. – I don’t know. Jimmy.
不会放太久的 好吗
It’ll just be for a little while, okay?
我那里已经堆满了 我都没地方睡觉了
I’m practically sleeping on these things back at my place.
生意那么好吗
Business is that good?
简直太兴隆了 遍地是黄金
It’s booming — streets of gold.
放心 我会尽快把这些东西弄走的
Yeah. I’ll get these out of here as quick as I can.
我要为一些遗嘱增添四章十三条的内容
I just need to file the 4-13s on some of these wills,
然后就不会再来打扰你了
and, uh, I’ll be out of your hair.
四章十三条
4-13s?
个人财产声明
Personal property statements.
那是五章十三条
You mean 5-13s.
对 抱歉
Yeah. Sorry.
我总跟这些老年人一起工作
I was just working with these seniors.
可能老年痴呆也会传染吧
Maybe the dementia’s contagious, huh?
我们说好了 明天老时间见
So, uh, we good here? See you tomorrow. Same time.
我是詹姆斯·麦吉尔
James McGill,
斯科特说会留下801室的钥匙
Scott said he’d leave the keys to 801,
那间出租套房♥
the suite that’s for lease.
给你 看完之后给我就行
Here you go. Just bring them back when you’re done.
好的
You got it.
这里看起来 真的很不错
Wow, this is, like… really nice.
怎么听起来那么惊讶
Why do you sound surprised?
不惊讶 不
Not…surprised, no.
只是 你付得起租金吗
Just, you know, could you afford this?
当然了 开什么玩笑
Oh, yeah. Are you kidding?
那些老人对我特别好
Those seniors have been very good to me.
我打算扩大规模 知道吗
I’ve been meaning to expand, you know?
是时候为自己投资了
It’s time to invest in myself.
我觉得这里再适合不过了
Figure this may be just the place.
你不会想念那个美甲店吗
Well, won’t you miss the Nail Salon?
我又不是不能回去了
Oh, I can always visit,
说不定还做个法式美甲呢
you know, get some french tips.
这是间清水房♥
It’s a clean slate.
接待处就设在这儿
Put the, uh, reception desk right here.
摆些舒适的沙发给我的委托人坐
Uh, get some comfortable seating for the clients.
真大啊 装得下好多办公室呢
I-it’s big — lot of offices.
是啊 我就喜欢大空间
Yeah, I like the openness.
这样我才觉得呼吸顺畅
I feel like I can breathe in here, you know?
不像那些窄小幽闭的屋子
It’s not some claustrophobic, little closet.
闻着一股丙酮的味
That smells like acetone.
这里发展空间很大
Room to grow.
人就是要敢想
Dream big, I say.
大小恰到好处的会议室
Got a decent-size conference room —
虽然没有哈姆林律所那么大 但很舒适
not as big as Hamlin’s, but, you know, it’s cozy.
我们的老年同胞一定会喜欢的
Our elderly brethren prefer that, I find.
是啊 不过还能搞得再舒适些
Yeah. Could be cozier, though.
你可以弄些刺绣垫子
Maybe you could embroider some little cushions,
织条漂亮桌布
crochet a runner for the table.
-周围摆上摇椅 -没错
– And rocking chairs all around? – Yes.
美国家庭口味连锁餐馆
弄的像老饼干餐馆那样的前厅
Make it look like the front of a Cracker Barrel, huh?
就该这样
Now you’re talking.
这是我的办公室
This is me.
真棒啊
I love it.
想要成功就得先看上去成功 对吧
Got to look successful to be successful. Am I right?
没错 看起来是挺成功的
Well, this definitely looks like success.
视野真好
Great view.
在这里摆个宽大的办公桌
Get you a big, fancy desk in here.
要黄檀木桌
Cocobolo desk.
-什么桌 -我也不知道那是什么
– A what? – I don’t know what it means,
但我就喜欢说”黄檀木”这三个字
But I just like saying the word “Cocobolo.”
好吧 不管是什么桌 都是你应得的
Okay, well, whatever it is, you deserve it.
我还想让你看看这儿
And, uh, I want you to see this one.
就这间
Here we are.
这间比那间好多了
This is way better than the other one.
-是吗 -是啊
– You think? – Uh, yeah.
这是给谁的屋子
Who goes in here?
我要是你 肯定选这间当办公室
’cause I’d be all up in here if I were you.

Yeah.
这屋子确实不错
Yeah, you know, you’re right. It is real nice.
这是转角办公室 你得坐转角办公室
It’s a corner office. You got to go with the corner office.
我其实是想把这间留给别人的
Eh, I was saving it for someone.
-给谁 -我的合伙人
– Who? – Well, my partner.
你的合伙人 那是…
Your partner? Who’s…
会是谁呢
Who would that be?
你之前不是说对老年法很感兴趣吗
Well, you said you were interested in Elder law.
这…
That’s…
这也太…
That is so…
谢谢 真的谢谢你
Thank you. Really.
可我为哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所付出了很多
But you know I’ve got a lot invested at HHM.
照目前的情况看
With what’s going on now,
我非常有可能成为合伙人
I-I’m closer than ever to partner —
也许两年以后 我就是了
Like, maybe two years, and I’m in.
我知道
Yeah, I know.
我只是这样想想而已
Yeah, it’s — it’s just a thought.
而且 他们还供我去法律学校读书
Plus, you know, they put me through law school.
我欠他们人情
I feel like I owe them.
实际上我还欠他们钱
Actually, I do owe them — literally, you know?
不过还是谢谢你想到我 吉米
But it’s a nice thought, Jimmy.
你知道的 我就是喜欢胡思乱想
Just, uh, you know, playing with ideas.
多了一间办公室 所以就…
So, I had the extra office and everything, so…
我知道
Yeah. No, I get it. It’s…
我想看看厨房♥
I…want to see the kitchen.
居然是不锈钢的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!