That’s on them. Public property.
或许有的法官会像你这么想
Maybe a judge sees that your way, maybe he doesn’t.
但是想要以虐待老人索赔
But the damages for elder abuse?
法律要求必须存在不当胁迫
The statute requires proof that there was some undue influence —
矶鹞渡的老人必须受到威胁才行
Someone threatening the residents of Sandpiper Crossing.
据我所知
As far as I understand it,
没有老人声称有人拿刀威胁他们
no one has claimed there’s a guy with a knife
叫他们把午餐钱交出来
telling them to hand over their lunch money.
外面是有很多名声很差的
There are a lot of assisted-living facilities
生活协助中心
out there that may be disreputable,
但我们的客户不是 一点都不是
but that’s not the case with our client, not even close.
他们所有的中心 全部十二个
All their facilities — all 12 of them —
每一所都是五星级的
every single one, five-star rated.
你现在随便去一家
You go to any one of them right now,
知道你会看到什么吗
and you know what you’ll see?
你会看到幸福健康的老人们
You’ll see happy, healthy residents.
矶鹞渡把他们照顾得很好
Sandpiper takes care of these people.
没有蒙骗他们
They don’t bilk them.
然而我们还是做了调查
But we looked into it,
你的有些客户确实被多收了钱
and some of your clients have, in fact, been overbilled.
这只是审计出了错
It’s — it’s an accounting error.
并没有到诈骗的程度 完全没有
It doesn’t rise to the level of fraud, not even close.
我们算了下损失 共计46320元
We’ve calculated the damages. All told, it’s $46,320.
我们准备这样做
Mm-hmm, so here’s what we’re prepared to do.
我们会还你的客户一个公道
We’re gonna make your clients whole —
一张支票用于支付那四万六千多
A check for the $46,000 and change right now.
另外
And on top of that,
我们还会支付你四万六千美元作为补偿
We’ll give you another $46k to cover your expenses.
一共是多少 九万两千美元
So what’s that? $92,000?
凑个整 十万美元
Let’s call it $100,000 even.
我们没有犯罪
We admit to no wrongdoing,
你的委托人也撤销所有控告
and your clients release all claims.
我认为你们得再好好考虑一下
I think you’re gonna need to do better than that.
你在你的律师函里提到过
Ah, this was in your demand letter.
是注射器 有什么问题吗
They’re syringes. So?
不知道你是否了解
I-I don’t know if you know this,
这是生活协助中心一项标准收费项目
but that’s a pretty standard item in an assisted-living facility.
没错 不过问题不在器材本身
Correct. But it’s not what it is that matters.
而在于这些器材的来源
It’s where it’s from.
内布拉斯加州 林肯市
Lincoln, Nebraska.
内布拉斯加州居民的绰号♥
上啊 内布拉斯剥皮机
Go, Cornhuskers.
既然你没搞明白我的意思
Well, since you’re not picking up what I’m putting down,
那就让我来解释一下
I’ll explain it to you.
内布拉斯加 虽然都是”N”打头的
Um, Nebraska, although they both begin with the letter “N,”
但实际上它和新墨西哥州却是两码事
actually turns out to be a different state than New Mexico.
所以说你的客户为了做生意
So your client accepted shipments
接受跨州界运货
across state lines for its enterprise.
竟然还是通过美国邮政
I-in the U.S. Mail, no less.
RICO 反诈骗腐♥败♥组织集团犯罪法
你是想把它当成诈骗案处理吗
Are you trying to make this a RICO case?
美国犯罪团伙头目
你以为我们的客户是约翰·高蒂吗
Like our client is John Gotti or something?
你我都清楚
Well, you know as well as I do
RICO主要适用于商业案件
RICO’s used mostly for business beefs.
塞迪玛一案降低了
Sedima establishes a pretty low threshold
RICO的适用门槛
for RICO provisions to kick in.
你们这是违法跨州界贸易哦
Interstate commerce is a bitch, huh?
我们一旦确定了…
As soon as we establish a pattern to —
你们管它叫什么来着 “额外收费”
What was your word? Uh, “Overbillings”?
我更喜欢用传统术语”诈骗”
I prefer the classic term of “Fraud.”
你们将面临三倍损害赔偿
You’re looking at treble damages.
你出的十万块算什么
So your 100 grand —
这下应该站得住脚了吧
I think you know where you can stick it.
能给我们几分钟吗
Will you give us a moment?
这样吧
Well…
你们给个确切的数
What number exactly did you have in mind?
两千万美元
$20 million.
-你说什么 -你已经听到了
– Excuse me? – You heard me.
-你别指望着… -两千万 美元
– Oh, you can’t expect – $20 million.
要不就法庭见
Or we’ll see you in court.
两千万
$20 million?
你没听他们说吗
Didn’t you hear them?
这可是个大公♥司♥ 十二个分中心
This is a big company. 12 separate facilities.
不可能全在新墨西哥州
They can’t possibly all be in New Mexico.
这很可能是一个跨州的
This is potentially a multi-state
联邦集体诉讼案件
federal class-action lawsuit
在定罪阶段还有RICO助力
with a RICO kicker at the penalty phase.
两千万还是客气的
$20 million? That’s conservative.
现在我们要从集体诉讼确认入手
Now, class cert — that’s where we start.
我来起草诉状 尽量搞定有条件的
I’ll draft our complaint, try to get us a conditional one.
他们会想办法突破
They’ll try to pierce it,
但是应该能拖到他们被强制要求吐露实情
but it should hold long enough to start discovery.
我们得先解决你的问题
And we need to get you back on the grounds,
撤销你的禁令
quash this prohibition against you.
通过禁令救济 或者搞个监时禁止令
Uh, some injunctive relief. Maybe a T.R.O.
吉米
Jimmy?
还不开始弄监时禁止令
Do you want to get started on the T.R.O.?
好 马上
Yeah. Yes.
状态很不错 没长心丝虫 也没长癣
It looks good. No heartworm, no mange.
-你从哪儿找到它的 -收♥容♥所♥
– Where did you get her? – Shelter.
挺好 幼犬繁殖场有很多
Good. There’s too many puppy mills out there.
一种短腿长身的德国种猎犬
前几天来了一只达克斯
I had a dachsie in the other day.
被喂得太饱 可怜的小东西
Some douche bred her so much, poor thing,
肚子上长了个巨大的疝气瘤
she just had one giant hernia for a belly.
连路都走不了
Couldn’t even walk.
要我说那些人就该下地狱
Those people can go straight to hell, as far as I’m concerned.
还有什么需要帮忙的吗
Anything else I can do for you?
你和那些人还有联♥系♥吗
You still in touch with your people?
那得看你想找什么样的工作
Depends on the type of work you’re looking for —
你能做的 不能做的 想做的 不想做的
Your dos, your don’ts, your wills, your won’ts.
告诉我你能提供什么工作
Well, if you tell me what you’ve got,
我就告诉你我能做什么
I’ll tell you what I’ll do.
今天我在购物中心又签了三个客户
I signed up three more clients at the mall today.
天哪 那些逛商场的
Jesus, those mall walkers…
老头老太太走路还挺快的
Those geezers are faster than you think.
累得我可以睡上十年
I could sleep for a decade.
你拿到我要的东西了吗
Did you get what I asked?
那些法典条文
The, uh, code provisions? Ohh.

Shit.
放车里了
Uh, it’s in the car.
先让我躺一分钟 我就…
Just give me a minute. I’ll, uh…
我就去取
I’ll go.
那个…
Where’s the…
查克
Chuck?
查克
Chuck?
怎么了
Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!