“四周一片寂静 静得只能听见
“It was very still except for the tree-toads
树蟾和溪流里的青蛙隐隐哀鸣着
and the frogs in the brook peeping mournfully,
每隔一会儿
and every little while
梅宝都能听到树叶诡异地沙沙作响
Mabel could hear strange rustlings in the leaves.
她努力回忆回家的路
She tried to remember the way home,
但树林现在完全变了个样
but the woods looked so different now
她想不起该走哪条路
that she couldn’t think which way to go.
她开始害怕了
She began to be frightened.
“是什么声音” 梅宝说
‘What’s that?’ said Mabel.
“我好害怕”
‘Oh, I’m — I’m so frightened!’
一两分钟后 她又听到了嚎叫声
In a minute or two u202dshe heard the howl again —
那嚎叫绵长又狂野
a long, wild cry.
她开始跑 但这个可怜的小姑娘迷路了”
She began to run, but the poor thing had lost her way.”
她会没事的吧
Is she gonna be okay?
-她会没事的 吉米 -你怎么知道
– She’ll be fine, Jimmy. – How do you know?
接着听 等着瞧
Just listen. You’ll see.
“眼前一片漆黑 她跌跌撞撞
“It was so dark that she stumbled
穿过灌木丛 时不时被树根绊到”
over the bushes and the roots of the trees…”
绝命律师
第三季 第十集

Kim.
我知道
I know.
她今晚必须待在这吗
Does she need to spend the night?
等处理好了 她就可以走了
Once this is done, she’ll be discharged.

Good.
诉讼 威胁 互相指责
Lawsuits. Threats. Recriminations.
这种情况是所有律所的噩梦
This is a situation no firm ever wants to be in.
很尴尬
It’s…well, it’s embarrassing.
我知道 我们都想迅速解决问题
I know we all want a swift resolution here.
那么我们有什么选择
So what are our options?
上法庭
Take it to trial.
花费太多
Expensive.
而且对律所声誉损害极大
And extremely damaging for HHM’s reputation.
这肯定不是你我的第一选择
Not my first choice or yours, I imagine.
律所可以买♥♥断我
The firm could choose to buy me out
但价格高得几乎能让律所破产
for an amount that is almost certain to bankrupt it.
我花了几十年才建起来这个律所
I spent decades building this firm.
我不想因为我而毁了它
I don’t want to be the agent of its destruction.
还有第三个选择
There is a third option.
我们何不把这些不快统统抛到脑后
There’s no reason we can’t put all this unpleasantness behind us
继续发展 一如从前
and continue on as we have been.
我很乐意翻篇
I’m willing to let bygones be bygones.
如果你同意的话
And if you agree,
我们现在只需握握手 一切就都解决了
I think we can settle all this right now with a simple handshake.
各位能不能让我们单独说句话
Would you all give us the room for a moment?
十七年了
17 years.
七月份就满十♥八♥年♥了
18 in July, actually.
我们齐心协力花了那么多年才建立起这里
All those years u202dwe built this place together.
那么多年我一直都支持你
And all that time I’ve supported you.
崇拜你
Looked up to you,
尊重你
deferred to you.
因为我一直觉得
Because I always thought
你始终牵挂着公♥司♥的最大利益
you had the best interests of the firm in mind.
没错
I have…
你的确有过
You did.
很长一段时间都是
For a long time.
但你对律所的牵挂
But you’ve let personal vendettas
被私人恩怨取代了
turn your focus away from what’s best for HHM.
你优先考虑你的需要 对我们造成损害
You’ve put your needs first. To our detriment.
我觉得这么说不妥
I don’t think that’s accurate.
我同情你 关心你 委婉提议说
And the moment that I mildly suggest, with empathy and concern,
你或许该考虑退休了
that maybe it’s time for you to consider retirement —
结果你的第一反应竟然是起诉我
the first instinct you have is to sue me?!
起诉律所
To sue the firm…?
我就不明白…
u202dWell, I…I-I don’t even know…
我们拼了命争取的一切
I-in what world is that anything but the deepest betrayal
你这不叫背叛叫什么
of everything we worked so hard to accomplish?
我们之间的友谊
In what world is that anything
你这不叫背叛叫什么
but the deepest betrayal of our friendship?
霍华德 我可以说你才是背叛我的人
Howard. I could argue that you’re the one who betrayed me.
胡说八道
That’s bullshit.
你自己清楚
And you know it.
这样没意义
This is pointless.

Here.
拿着这个
Just take this.
-三百万 -三笔中的第一笔
– $3 million. – The first of three payments,
按照合伙协议
as per u202dthe partnership agreement.
律所付不起这笔钱
The firm can’t afford this.
你…
Are you…
你不会打算关掉律所吧
You’re not shutting down, are you?
我绝不会危害律所
I would never endanger the firm.
这笔钱大部分是我的个人基金
This is mostly from my personal funds.
还有几笔贷款
And a few loans.
你在自掏腰包来付我钱
You’re paying me out of your own pocket.
你赢了
You won.
还有一件事…
There’s one last thing…
各位
Everybody!
感谢大家过来
Thank you for gathering.
我有个苦乐参半的消息
I have some bittersweet news to share.
很遗憾 我们英勇的领导者 查尔斯·麦吉尔
I’m sorry to say, but our fearless leader, Charles McGill,
将离开律所
will be leaving HHM.
即刻生效
Effective immediately.
我想借这个机会感谢查克
I wanted to take this moment to thank Chuck
为律所所做的一切
for everything he’s done for HHM.
我们创业时只有六名员工
We started off with six employees.
查克帮助我们成长为
And Chuck helped grow us
本州规模最大的律所之一
into one of the largest firms in the state.
我们将永远感激他的贡献
We will be forever grateful for his dedication.
你有什么要说的吗
Do you have anything you want to say?
那好 给他点掌声
Alright, then. Let’s give him a hand!

Morning.
差不多
Close.
佳得乐
Gatorade.
你需要电解质
You need electrolytes.
饿了吗
You hungry?
我给你做点吃的
I’ll make you somethin’.
马上回来 把它喝完
Be right back. Just finish that.
我说会给你送去的
I said I’d bring it to you.
我得伸伸腿
I needed to stretch my legs.
坐吧 鸡蛋
Sit. Eggs.
这里打结了
This is, uh, twisted.
谢了
Oh, thanks.
我很快就会受不了这样一只手的
This one-handed crap is gonna get real old, real fast.
有咖啡吗
Is there coffee?
当然 不过先补充能量
Sure. u202dBut, uh, more Gatorade first.
好了 你有两个选择
Alright, your, uh, two options are…
传统的布洛芬
good ole’ ibuprofen
这应该能缓解你的痛苦
which, uh, you know, should take the edge off.
或者来点所谓的”好玩意”
Or the proverbial “Good stuff.”
答案永远是”好玩意”
The answer is always “The good stuff.”
好 不过先吃饭
Right. But food first.
你别想喂我 吉米
You’re not feeding me, Jimmy.
有些界限不能跨越
There are lines we do not cross.
我刚才在看办公室的租约
I was looking into our lease on the office.
如果我们违约 肯定会损失一大笔钱
Um, we’d definitely take a haircut if we broke it.
但我们可以转租
But we are allowed to sublet.
可能是最佳方案
Might be our best option.
家具几乎都是按月租的
Furniture’s mostly rented month to month.
所以这不是问题
So that’s not an issue.
对你来说 你可能需要桌子 几个档案柜
For you, I think you need a desk, some file cabinets.
一个万律法务终端
A Westlaw terminal…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!