她返回机场
She goes back to the airport,
就不会有事
nothing will happen to her.
他们肯定不能… 他们不会…
Surely they could not — they would not —
镇定一点
Hey, pull yourself together.
把手♥机♥给我 我现在就打给她
Give me the phone. I call her now.
-冷静一点 -快给我
– Calm — Calm dow– – Give it to me.
冷静
Calm down!
她不能生疑
She can’t suspect.
你用什么借口不重要
It doesn’t matter what you tell her,
只要让她回去就行
long as she goes back where she belongs.
亲爱的
你好 是
Hello. Ja.
你…
你正在租车
嗯 是的
我有坏消息要跟你说
工地出了问题
对 他们叫我回去
什么
不是
不是 受伤了 没人 我知道
拜托听我说
我…
我不在旅馆 也离开新墨西哥州了
你得搭下一班飞机回家
玛格丽特 听我说
玛格丽特 听我说
你闭嘴
你必须回家
不 没得商量 这是我的工作 我必须完成
我也不想看到你 玛格丽特 一点都不想
所以你赶紧回家 立刻回去
她会照做吗
Will she do it?
她很生气
She was very angry,
不过她会回家的
but, yes, she will go home.
麦克
Michael…
她如果没有我的消息
if she does not hear a word from me,
会怀疑的
she will ask questions.
她会去报♥警♥
She will go to the police.
到时会有个说法 发生意外
There will be a story, an accident.
律师会来 德国律师
Lawyers will visit, German lawyers.
她会得到答复
Her questions will be answered.
你保证吗
This you swear?
我保证
This I swear.
我的人呢
And my men?
他们可以回家
They’re going home.
他们可信 所以不会有事
They’ll be okay. They’re trusted.
真的没有其它办法了吗
Is there no other way, truly?
在墨西哥能看到很多星星
There are so many stars visible in New Mexico.
我要走去那里
I will walk out there…
看得更清楚些
to get a better look.
这真的
I mean…
太不可思议了
it’s incredible.
感觉我们讨论这个很久了
I feel like we’ve been talking about this forever,
现在
and now…
终于建好了
here it is.
建筑史上的壮举
An architectural feat.
真的
Truly.
艰巨的项目
Herculean.
这…
This is…
这实在是…
This is…

Yeah!
我能在这施展手脚
I can work with this.
虽然跟我们之前说的有些差异
I mean, it’s not exactly what we talked about,
但即便是半成品 依然潜能无限
but it has possibilities, even unfinished.
现在通风设备是最大的障碍
Uh, ventilation at this point is the main hurdle,
不过只要有风扇和必要器材
but with a series of fans and the right equipment,
我很肯定至少能完成基本的制毒
I am certain that I could do a rudimentary cook at the very least.
未准备好前不能开工
Not until it is ready.
当然
Um, of course.
都准备好才能动手
We only want to do it if it’s done right.
我只是…探寻一下可能性
I was just… u202dexploring possibilities.
我上去看一下那个…
I am gonna go up and check the…
走了
Okay.
你好
Hello.
当然
Of course.
没问题
That won’t be a problem.
带好了吗
Where do you have it?

Okay.
这个应该行的
This should do it.
查克写了一封非常好的信
Chuck wrote a good letter, huh?
一封非常感人的信
Chuck wrote a great letter.
但关键不是里面的词句
It’s not just the words, though, you know?
是你念它们的方式
It’s how you read them.
吉米 无论发生什么
Jimmy, whatever happens in there…
我都和你一起
I’m with you.
麦吉尔先生 我们评估了所有的事实
Mr. McGill, u202dwe’ve reviewed all the facts,
与听证委员会了解到的相同的事实
the same facts as the hearing committee.
评估了他们的调查结果
We’ve evaluated their findings.
剩下的就只有你事先准备的陈述了
All that’s left is for us to hear your prepared statement.
所以 准备好了就可以开始了
So, whenever you’re ready.
谢谢你 法官阁下
Thank you, Your Honor.
我没准备什么陈述
I-I don’t have a prepared statement.
但是我有这个
But I do have this.
这是一封信
it’s a letter
来自我的哥哥 查尔斯·麦吉尔
from my brother, Charles McGill.
他在遗嘱里留给我的
He left it to me in his will,
去年在他去世后我才收到
and I received it last year after he passed.
“亲爱的吉米
“Dear Jimmy,
这些年来 对于我们之间的关系
I have left many things unsaid
我有很多话都没有说出口
in our relationship through the years.
与其让这些从未言说的想法随我而逝
Rather than allow these unspoken thoughts to die with me,
倒不如把它们写给你看
I’ve chosen to record them here for you.
我希望你不要扭曲我这些话的本意
I hope you will take my words
正确地接受它们
in the spirit in which they are intended.
我还清楚地记得
I remember quite clearly
你从医院回到家那天
the day you came home from the hospital.
你无法想像妈妈脸上的喜悦
You can’t imagine the joy on Mom’s face.
坦白地说 我从未见过她那么开心的样子
I can honestly say I never saw her happier.”
对不起
I’m sorry.
我不能这样做
I can’t do this.
我…
I was…
我本来想…
I was just gonna try to —
我本来想用我哥哥这封动人的信
I was gonna try to move you all
来打动你们
with my brother’s eloquent words,
扣动你们的心弦什么的
you know, pull on your heartstrings,
但这样做是不对的
but it’s not right.
这封信只属于我和他
This letter’s between me and him,
就应该一直如此
and it should stay that way.
我哥哥 查克
Listen, my brother, Chuck —
你们都认识他
you — you knew him.
他用他自己的方式爱着我
He loved me in his own way.
他爱我因我是他的兄弟
He loved me as a brother.
却不因我是一名律师
He did not love me as a lawyer.
但我成为律师却是因为查克
Big reason I became a lawyer was Chuck.
他是我认识的最聪明的人
He was the most brilliant man I ever knew.
一个了不起的律师
And an incredible lawyer.
你们都知道吧
Yuh know?
还有 他非常了解自己 特别了解
And, uh, he knew exactly who he was — exactly.
我这一辈子 都在想得到他的认可
And all my life, I wanted to make him proud.
而他并不是一个容易认可别人的人
And he was not an easy man to make proud, you know?
就像在没有补给的情况下攀登珠穆朗玛峰
Like climbing Everest without supplies.
如果你成为少数登上峰顶的幸运儿之一
If you were one of the lucky few who reached that peak,
即便只有一小会儿
even for a moment,
如果你能让他为你骄傲
if you made him proud,
那该有多好
wow, what a feeling.
而且他会让你感觉到他的认可
And he let you know it, too.
但如果你并不是那少数的幸运儿…
But if you weren’t one of those people —
他会足够礼貌
he was polite enough,
但他也不会容忍♥傻瓜
but he did not suffer fools, you know?
他会评判你 责难你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!