I’m not a lawyer, but is there any reason
让他在正常经营的情况下需要这么多钱
he’d need that much cash in the normal course of business?
非法原因呗
No legitimate reason.
非常感谢 医生
Thank you so much, Doc.
没事 没事 进来
Of course. Of course. Come on in.
我们看看
We’ll take a look.
不会有事的
It’s gonna be okay.
没问题的
Gonna be okay.
来吧
Come on.
好了 费尔南多没事了
Okay. Fernando’s gonna be fine.
刚才打的针能让它肚子好点
The shot I gave him will settle his stomach.
不过我还是想把它留下观察一会儿
But I want to keep him for a few more minutes,
确保它不会有什么异常反应
make sure he doesn’t have any reactions.
-然后就没问题了 -太好了
– After that, you’re all set. – That’s such a relief.
-我们担心坏了 -您能出诊我们真是太幸运了
– We were so worried. – We’re lucky you were able to see us.
没事的
Ah, it’s no problem.
我本来也有另一个病患
I was already here with another patient.
-好吧 -稍等
– Alright. – Be back.
情况如何啊
Alright. How are we doing?
我也说不好 你抹那玩意儿的地方
I dunno, um, I guess my skin’s a little dry
好像皮肤有点发干 除此之外呢…
where you put that stuff on, but otherwise…
你确定用了足够的量吗
Are you sure you used enough?
百分之百确定
Absolutely.
过会儿就好了
Just give it a little more time.
往右看
Look all the way to the right.
往左
Now to the left.
会是什么感觉
What’s it gonna feel like?
取决于你对咖♥啡♥因♥有多耐受了
Depends on how used to caffeine you are.
你不会有磕嗨了的感觉 但…
I mean, you’re not gonna be trippin’ balls, but…
会是那种
it’s gonna feel like, you know,
空着肚子喝了两罐红牛的感觉
two Red Bulls on an empty stomach.
会持续多久
And how long is it gonna last?
那个人身材和你差不多吗
Is the guy roughly your size?

Yeah.
一到两个小时吧
An hour or two.
如果化验血呢
And if there’s a blood test?
本地的任何血检都测不出这个东西
This stuff is not showing up on any blood panel they’re running in this town.
如果你们要干 方法就是这个
You’re gonna do this, this is the way to go.
-来吧 -等等
– Here. – Whoa, whoa.
你保证这个消过毒了吧
Promise me this has been sterilized.
是新的
It’s brand new,
量你腋下的 不是别的地方
and for you, it goes under the armpit.
好吧
Okay.
对不起
Sorry.
我真想赶紧把这些都了结了
I cannot wait to be done with all of this.
我理解 我在哪儿看到过
I hear ya. You know, I read somewhere
说兽医比律师还要抑郁
that vets are even more depressed than lawyers.
抑郁
Depressed?
不 不 不
No, no, no, no, no.
我喜欢兽医这行
I love being a vet.
往那边看
Look over there.
看见了吗
See that?
那就是意义
That’s what it’s all about.
动物是我的命
Animals are my life.
让我难以招架的是这个”副业”
It’s this other stuff that’s getting to be too much,
没有冒犯的意思
no offense.
总之呢 人得知道自己的极限在哪儿
Anyway, a guy’s gotta know when he’s bagged his limit.
怎么… 你要关门了
What — so you’re closing up shop?
对 远走高飞
Yep. Leaving town.
把小黑本一卖♥♥ 我就只用照顾动物了
Once I sell my little black book, it’s gonna be all animals, all the time.
黑本
Black book?
对 通往王国的钥匙
Yeah, the keys to the kingdom.
就是你们想通过我找什么人
You know, you call me up, you’re looking for a someone?
所有那些人我都记在里面呢
Keep all my “someones” in here.
我能看看吗
Can I see it?
您自便吧
Knock yourself out.
哦 我想我们…
Alright, yeah. I think we, uh —
美国上世纪六七十年代的著名连环杀手 以用密♥码♥给报社寄信出名 至今仍是悬案
知道黄道十二宫杀手是谁了
we found the Zodiac Killer.
我可不会用英语记录联♥系♥人
Well…I’m not keeping my contacts in plain English.
“高档吸尘器店”
“Best Quality Vacuum”?
对 对 对 对
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
行了 我们再等十分钟
Alright. Let’s give it another 10.
我一会儿就回来
I’ll be back.
太浪费了
What a waste.
是吗
You think?
你没看见他那本子里记了多少人吗
Did you see how many people he had in that book?
他这一天天的挣不少啊
I mean, he’s raking it in, day in, day out.
坐享其成 风险极小
It’s passive income. Minimal risk.
难以置信他要放弃这个活儿
I can’t believe he’s walking away from that.
我看呢…
Well…
他知道自己想要什么
he knows what he wants.
有感觉了吗
Anything?
说不上
Not really.
我的天
Oh, my God.
怎么了
What?
等等 我们直接说关键的吧
Hold on. Hold on. Let’s just cut to the chase.
你的委托人 姑且说他的过去”有好有坏”吧
Your client — who has, let’s call it a “checkered” past,
因为明显的违章而被要求靠边停车
was pulled over for a clear violation of traffic laws
结果发现持有足以判重罪的大♥麻♥
and found in possession of a felony quantity of marijuana.
而你要求我不采纳这个证据
And now you’re asking me to throw out this evidence?
用最简单的词回答我
In words of one syllable,
这说得过去呢
how does this pass the smell test?
法官阁下
Your Honor,
事情是这样的
this is what this is all about.
阿尔布开克同位素棒球队
根据康纳尔警官的报告
According to Officer Connell’s report,
这是乔什华·霍尔康姆被拦下的原因
this is the reason Joshua Holcome was pulled over.
新墨西哥州法规66-3-846条
New Mexico statute 66-3-846.
行驶时遮挡车窗
Driving with an obstructed window.
今早我在法♥院♥停车场做了非正式调查
This morning, I did an informal survey of the courthouse parking lot.
据我计算 超过三分之一的车辆
And by my count, over a third of the vehicles
后视镜上悬挂着类似物品
had something similar hanging from their rear-view mirrors.
您的车也是其中之一 法官大人
I believe your car was one of them, Your Honor.
所以除非您和我们47位同行
So unless you and 47 of our colleagues
都吃过罚单 否则我认为这条法规
have outstanding tickets, I’d argue that this statute
并未被…经常执行
is not… regularly enforced.
法官大人 这是完全合理的正当例行拦停
Your Honor, this was a perfectly reasonable, routine stop for cause.
为什么要说这个
Uh, what’s the point here?
因为这并非例行检查
The point is that this was not routine.
康纳尔警官认识我的委托人
Officer Connell knew my client.
事实上 五年前他逮捕过当时仍未成年的乔什华
In fact, he arrested him five years ago when Joshua was a juvenile.
而且康纳尔警官的记录显示
And Officer Connell’s record shows
这仅是他近20年来
that this is only the third citation
第三次为这项法规开罚单
he’s written for this statute in almost 20 years.
所以这要么是难以置信的巧合
So either this is an incredible coincidence
要么是康纳尔警官认出了我的委托人
or Officer Connell recognized my client
以挂件为借口
and used the dangler as a pretext
侵犯他的第四修正案权利
to violate his Fourth Amendment rights.
法官大人 我只希望您
Your Honor, all I’m asking is that you take another look
再看看警官的报告
at the officer’s statement.
扪心自问 州检方对事件的说法是否可信
Ask yourself if the state’s version of events passes the “Smell test.”
刚才的辩护很精彩
That was nicely argued.
谢谢 看看法官会怎么做吧
Thanks. We’ll see what the judge does.
那样的辩护准备起来很花时间吧
Defense like that takes time to pull together, doesn’t it?
花了多久 30小时吗
Whaddya think it took — 30 hours?
可能有50小时
Oh, probably more like 50.
50小时啊
50 hours. Huh.
合同办公室付你多少工资
And the contracts office — they pay…?
每件案子七百美元 统一价
$700 a case. Flat.
这么说你差不多只拿最低工资
So you’re making minimum wage, more or less.
我一直想问你 如果你不介意

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!