我是说 这样的事故是发生在
And that I mean, an incident like this
人口众多的市中心上空
over a populated urban center
却没有伤及市民
That right there, that’s that’s just gotta be
可以说是个小小的奇迹了
some minor miracle, so
而且 两架飞机都没有坐满
Plus, neither plane was full.
那架波音737仅仅
You know, the the 737 was
大概只有
Was what? Uh,
只有三分之二的乘客
Maybe two-thirds full, I believe.
对吗
Right? Yes?
或者是四分之三
Or maybe even three-quarters full.
不管怎么说
Well, at any rate,
就遇难人数来说
What you’re left with casualty-wise is
这只不过是第50大空难
Just the 50th worst air disaster.
事实上 最多排在第50了
Actually, tied for 50th.
事实上
There are, in truth,
在历史上有53次这样的空难
53 crashes throughout history
有些比这次更糟
That are just as bad or worse
特内里费
Tenerife?
你们有人
Has anybody
听说过特内里费空难吗
Anybody hear of Tenerife?
没有吗
No?
1977年 两架满乘的波音747客机
In 1977, two fully loaded 747s
在特内里费上空相撞
crashed into each other on Tenerife.
你们知道一架波音747客机有多大吗
Does anybody know how big a 747 is?
那可比波音737大多了
I mean, it’s way bigger than a 737.
更别说是两架撞一起
And we’re talking about two of them.
600余人丧命特内里费
Nearly 600 people died on Tenerife.
但你们对此还有印象吗
But if any of you even remember it at all?
还有人记得吗 我想没有
Any of you? I doubt it.
都知道为什么吗
You know why?
是因为
It’s because…
人们都得往前看
people move on.
人们都往前看 我们也会
They just move on. And we will, too.
我们会往前看 我们会遗忘掉
We will move on, and we will get past this
这是人类的共性
because that is what human beings do.
我们能挺过去
We survive.
而且…
And, uh…
我们挺过去 并且 我们可以承受着一切
We survive, and– and we– we overcome.
对的 我们挺过去了 我们挺过去就
Yeah. We survive. We survive, and–
-非常感谢 -好的
Thank you. Okay.
谢谢你
Thank you.
很好
Good.
你小姨玛丽最近怎么样
Hey, how’s your aunt Marie doing?
我想还好吧
Fine, I guess.
进去记得替我打个招呼
You make sure you say hello to her for me, will you?
你自己干嘛不进去说 这也是你家啊
Why don’t you just come inside? It’s your house.
算了 我
No, I–
他走了
He’s gone.
弗林回来啦
Hey, Flynn!
-你不舒服吗 -我很好 怎么了
– How’s your Tricks – I’m good. Why?
你看上去不舒服啊
Tricks. It’s an expression.
还好吧
How are you?
你们为什么这么对他
Why do you gotta treat him like this?
你为什么要这样
Why you gotta be like this?
为什么你们就不能坐下来好好谈谈呢
Why can’t you just talk, even?
冷静点 没事 没事的
Cool down. Okay. Okay.
终归还是个孩子啊
Out of the mouths of babes, huh?
尽量不要让这件事影响到他
You know, try not to hold it against him.
我是说
You know, I mean,
这个可怜的孩子
the poor kid, he’s probably just
一定是很困惑
dying of curiosity.
我觉得困惑与执著
You know, and I guess it would be
正是他这个年龄孩子的共性
natural for him to wonder.
我想他可能只是想知道
I mean, he’s probably just wondering, you know,
-到底发生了些什么 -玛丽
– what is it that could have gone so wrong. – Marie.
-致使父母离异 -玛丽
– that my mother would leave – Marie.
斯凯勒 如果你不跟我讲清楚
I can’t help you get through this, Skyler,
沃尔特到底做了些什么
you know, if you won’t tell me
-我无法帮到你的 – 你知道吗
– what it is that Walt did. – Well, you know what?
我不记得曾向你寻求过帮助吧
I don’t– I don’t remember asking you, all right?
-我觉得这正是 -如果你真的想帮我
– Well, I think that’s… – So if you want to be supportive,
你现在发愁的原因
the reason you’re stuck.
求求你就别这么八卦了
You could be supportive without prying,
-那样会更好些 – 八卦 好吧
– that would be really great – Prying, okay.
八卦这个词很贴切 我确实
Well, prying’s a strong word, but I don’t–
是在帮倒忙
…helpful.
你们脑海中
It’s that…
回荡的声响
voice inside your head.
反反复复 一刻不停 让人抓狂
It’s that sneaky, rat-bastard, 24/7 voice.
你们知道我说的是什么吧
You guys know what I’m talking about.
那个嘲讽你无能的声响
That voice that tells you you’re not good enough.
到底什么无能
Not good enough for what? Not good enough to…
是不够格当美国总统吗
be what, President of the United States?
好吧 也许扯得太远了
Well, okay, so maybe you’re not that good.
但现在你们是否有
But now are you good enough
与人分享喜怒哀乐的资格呢
to deserve your share of basic human happiness?
你们是否对自己的状况
Are you good enough to be okay
感到满意呢
with who and what you are?
我想答案是肯定的
I say yes.
但是不要管我说了什么
But it doesn’t matter what I say.
那是你们脑海中的声音
It’s your voice,
只有你自己能听得到
which means you’re the only one that hears it,
只有你自己才能与之斗争
which means that you’re the only one that can fight it.
对吧
Right?
杰西
Jesse…
从来没听你讲过话
We never hear from you.
到底怎么了
What’s going on?
如果你认为我讲的全是废话
You can tell me I’m full of shit.
没事 我不介意
It’s okay. I don’t mind.
但是…说吧
Just… Come on.
给我们讲一讲
Let us in on it.
要说什么 你当然什么都懂
So, like, what makes you the expert?
我好像从来没这么说过
I don’t think I ever said I was that.
是啊 但是坐在那里讲话的人是你吧
Yeah, but you’re the one sitting here, right?
对我们说这讲那
Telling us thus and so,
要学会快乐生活 要宽恕自己云云
be happy, forgive yourself, blah, blah, blah.
但是你伤害过人吗
Have you ever really hurt anybody?
我不是指让你母亲失望之类的事
I don’t just mean disappointed your mother or whatever,
但是…
but did you…
你是否真的
ever really…
伤害过别人
hurt someone?
我害死了自己的女儿
I killed my daughter.
那天是7月18日
It was July 18th…
那是我的生日
Which is my birthday.
1992年的7月18日
July 18, 1992.
我吸食了大量的可♥卡♥因♥
I was high on cocaine,
还喝了很多酒
and I was drunk.
可♥卡♥因♥不是诱因
Cocaine wasn’t an issue
因为之前那晚
because I had bought myself 2 grams
我买♥♥了2克的可♥卡♥因♥当做自己的生日礼物
the night before as a birthday present.
那晚我还剩好多
I had plenty left.
但我喝了太多的伏特加
But I was out of vodka.
这一切都发生在弗吉尼亚的朴茨茅斯
And this is in Portsmouth, Virginia,
那地方的超♥市♥里不卖♥♥酒
Where instead of selling liquor in the supermarkets,
但ABC百货里有卖♥♥
they have these ABC stores
可是他们五点就会打烊
Which close at 5 p.m.
那时大概四点四十二分
And right then it was, like, 4:42.
我在跟我妻子争吵
So I’m arguing with my wife–
“求你了 帮我去一趟ABC吧”
“Come on, go to the ABC for me.”
“今天是我的生日啊 ”
“It’s my birthday.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!