我们有钱 绰绰有余
We have the money, more than enough.
-沃尔特挣来的 -斯凯勒
– Walt earned it. – Skyler.
我觉得不该瞒着玛丽
I think Marie should know the truth.
斯凯勒 我不这么认为
Skyler, I really don’t think this is a good idea.
-我认为 -他赌博赢来的
– I think that– – He earned it gambling.
沃尔特和我
Walt and I, uh–
我们最近有点矛盾 你也知道的
We’ve had our problems lately. You know that.
其实归根结底 就是一个钱字
And, uh… what it all came down to really was… money.
就这么简单
Pure and simple.
当沃尔特他被诊断出癌症时
When Walt was diagnosed, it, um–
整个人都变了
It changed him.
现在回想起来 我仍然无法理解
Looking back, I don’t think I ever really understood
到底他都经历过什么
what it was that he was going through.
不仅仅是对死亡的恐惧
It was more than facing death.
而且想到自己快死了 却无法为妻儿
It was knowing that he was going to leave behind…
留下一分一文
nothing.
不管怎么说 也正因如此
And so that’s how this all started. For better or worse,
他想要留一笔钱 所以
he wanted to provide, and so…
他用他的方式付清了所有的医疗费用
he paid his medical bills the only way he knew how.
我以为是埃利奥特和格雷琴付的
I thought that Elliot and Gretchen paid for your treatment.
是啊 我之前也这么以为
Yeah, I thought so, too,
但事实是 他没有拿他们一分钱
but the truth is he never took their money, not a dime.
他的自尊心不允许自己
He was too proud to take
接受别人的施舍
what he considered to be charity.
我说的没错吧
Isn’t that right?
所以他把心思都放在了这上面…
So he put his mind do it and–
而且你也知道他这个人
Well, you know how Walt is.
总能想出办法
He’s– He’s a problem solver,
他看了不少书
and he read books,
研究了很久之后
and he did a whole bunch of research,
他想出了一套
and he came up with…
方法
this system.
什么方法
A system?
21点算牌法
A system for counting cards in Blackjack.
什么意思 像《雨人》里那样吗
W-What do you mean, like Rain Man?
我也不是很明白
Well, I don’t pretend to understand, you know, all the details,
但他相信
but he was convinced
只要你投入足够的赌本
that if you put enough money into it,
你就会
he’d have a, um, uh–
那叫什么来着
God, what is it?
统计学上的极限情况
A statistical edge?
对 统计学上的…
Yes, statistical–
-所以 -嗯 没错
– So – Right. …um, yeah.
所以只要他一有空
So he– Every spare minute,
就跑去赌
Walt was at some card table somewhere,
开始他是去赌场赌
and at first he went to the casinos,
但之后他意识到
but then he realized that–
意识到
…but then he realized
赌场会将你的赢钱记录上报给国税局
that the casinos report your winnings to the IRS,
如果上报的话
and if it gets reported,
可能会被家里人发现
your family might find out,
如果不想被发现的话
and if you do not want your family to find out,
就得去另一个地方赌
then you find another place to gamble,
比如地下非法赌场
like an illegal, backroom game.
还记得他之前总是玩失踪吗
You remember all those long walks that Walt used to take,
老是不在家的那些时候吗
all that time he used to spend away from home?
我想至少有几个月的时间
I guess for a couple months there you were…
你都过着这种双重生活 对吗
sort of leading a double life, weren’t you?
天啊
Oh, my God.
天啊 你
Oh, my God, your–
你上次所谓的神游出走 是为了掩饰这个吗
your fugue state, was that some sort of cover?
不 不是的
No. No.
那个是真的 玛丽
He did not fake that, Marie.
他失踪的那晚
The night that Walt disappeared…
输了14000
he los$14,000.
那是他的养老金
It was his pension fund,
还有我们的存款
our savings,
基本上可以说是倾家荡产了
basically every last dime we had to our name, gone.
所以他无法接受
He couldn’t live with it.
死的心都有了
He was suicidal.
但你要知道
But you have to try to understand
他一离开医院
that as soon as he got out of the hospital,
马上就又回去赌了
he went right back to gambling.
简直是无法自拔
I mean, that’s how deep this went.
你怎么能这样对她 沃尔特
How could you do that to her, Walt?

I, um–
不过 他想出的这套
Anyway, this system of his…
算牌方法最终成功了
he finally got it to work.
所以我想说的是
So all this is to say
我们有钱
we have the money.
虽已不再赌博
No more gambling.
但我们不差钱
But we have the money.
有多少
How… much money?
沃尔特
Walt?
这个…
Well, uh–
大概7位数的钱吧
It’s in the seven figures.
我的天
Oh, God. Holy Mary, Mother of God.
怎么说呢
What can I say?
我在这方面是行家
I did very well.
玛丽
Marie…
你就用我们的钱
you will take our money.
来治疗汉克
Use it to take care of Hank.
拜托了 玛丽 让我们来帮忙吧
Please. Marie, let us help.
你儿子知道这事吗
Does Walt, Jr. Know about this?
当然不知道
Absolutely not,
一定要瞒着他
and I need to keep it that away,
还有汉克 好吗
and Hank– okay–
汉克已经有太多烦心事了
Hank’s got enough on his mind right now,
-所以你能帮我保密吗 -当然
– so can we just please keep this between us? – Yeah. Yeah, I–

Yeah, I–
我需要出去透透气
I just– I need to–
好吧
Yeah, okay.
我们等下再说这个
We’ll talk about it later.
你怎么想到这个的
How did you come up with that?
我是说
I mean, where–
亏你想得出来
where did you possibly–
和你学的
I learned from the best.
我的直觉告诉我
Somehow something tells me
汉克的事和你脱不了干系
that Hank is here because of you.
这可不是你能瞒混过关的
And I’m not forgetting that.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!