这是她对那篇文章的情绪化回应
It was an emotional response to the article coming out,
就像是她的第一反应
and it is like her first response.
对我来说 不马上在电视上 读完整封信的内容
For me not to read it all on TV right away was also saying,
也是在表示你不如花几天冷静一下
why don’t you just take a couple days and cool down from this?
过几天 也许我们可以重新考量
And then a couple days later, maybe we can revisit it.
这样的事会经常发生 不一定像这封信
Things like this would happen often, not necessarily like this letter,
但可能像用我的手♥机♥给人们打电♥话♥
but like trying to use my phone to call people.
这些是你必须留意 并且引导她远离的事情
Those are the things you had to look out for and steer her away from.
几天后 律师给我打来电♥话♥
And then, a couple days later, I got a phone call from the lawyers.
如果这封信被公之于众
The letter had some, you know, some information that would be really bad
会传达一些相当糟糕的信息
if it came out or something like that.
突然之间 这封信变得非常举足轻重
And so, all of a sudden, the letter turned into a much bigger thing.
我只是把这封信带进来 给他们看 就是这样
And then, you know, I just brought it in and showed it to them, and that was that.
但你足够深谋远虑 复♥制♥了这封信?
But you had enough foresight to copy the letter?
也称不上深谋远虑
I wouldn’t call it foresight.
我想她当时把信给我时 我们给它拍了张照片
I think that when she gave it to me, we took a picture of it
因为我真的不想随身带着一封信
because I didn’t want to actually carry the letter.
你对这段经历有什么感觉?
And what was that experience like for you?
我再说一次 我一直都为她感到悲哀
I mean, again, like, I always just felt bad for her.
我感到悲哀是因为 这是她的现实和她的世界
I felt bad that, like, this was her reality and her world,
她给了我一封信 然后突然之间
where she gave me a letter, and then, all of a sudden,
警报声四起
this huge fire alarm goes off.
这太疯狂了 她只是想回应一篇文章而已
It’s crazy. All she wanted to do was respond to an article.
在那之后 你又跟布兰妮一起工作了多久?
How much longer did you work with Britney after that?
在那之后没多久 我就不再和她一起工作了
It was pretty shortly after that that I stopped working with her.
我想在当时 我们显然是 亲密无间、相当要好的朋友
I think at that point it was obvious that we were close and pretty good friends.
这发生在我在她哥哥婚礼上 当她的男伴之后
I mean, this was coming after I was her date for her brother’s wedding.
我认为我们之间建立了 一种良好的信任
And, you know, we had developed, you know, I think just like a good trust.
也许我们当时走得太近了
And maybe we were too close at that point.
那之后没多久 我就被开除了
And so, yeah, shortly after that, I got removed.
实际上我… 从那以后我再也没跟她说过话
I actually… I don’t think I’ve spoken to her since.
布兰妮还见过我的一大群朋友
And Britney had met a bunch of my friends.
她算是走进了我的生活
You know? She had, you know, like sort of come into my life.
只要一想到她又要孤单一人 我就会觉得很难过
And, you know, it was just sad to think that she was gonna be alone again.
2009年
接下来的音频是 布兰妮斯皮尔斯在2009年1月21日
凌晨12点29分 留给一位律师的语♥音♥邮件
你好 我是布兰妮斯皮尔斯 我之前给你打过电♥话♥
我再次打给你是因为我想确定
移除监护权的工作正在进行中
因为我父亲曾多次威胁我
要把我的孩子带走 我只想要确保
你们在处理一切的过程中很顺利
在我被监护期间 一切都不会变
就是这样 再见
2009年1月 我去洛杉矶过冬
In January of 2009, I went to L.A. for the winter,
我跟山姆卢特菲取得了联♥系♥
and I had made contact with Sam Lutfi.
他一直是《滚石》杂♥志♥封面报道 可靠的消息人士
He’d been a good background source for the Rolling Stone cover story,
那件事发生后 我们依然保持联♥系♥
and we had kept in touch even after it came out.
他随后告诉我 他跟阿德南一直在尝试着
Then he told me about the fact that he and Adnan had been trying
制定一个计划 帮她另找一名律师
to come up with a plan to help her find a different lawyer.
在2009年1月 她依然
She still, in January of 2009,
依然想换个律师 如果她能找到的话
still wanted a different lawyer if she could get one.
这距离她被监护已经过去了整整一年
This was a full year of the conservatorship
按理说这应该已经拯救了她的生活
supposedly having saved her life.
他们一直在跟不同的律师接洽
They had been talking to different lawyers
这些律师认为 如果他们能够让她签署一份文件
who thought that if they could get her to sign this document
说明她为什么想要一名新律师 以及她为什么想要这名特定的律师
saying why she wanted a new lawyer and why she wanted the specific lawyer
应该会起作用 这件事就一定会发生
that that would be something that would just have to happen then
而且让人无法反驳
and there would be no way to refute it.
当时 山姆与阿德南都是不受欢迎的人
At that time, Sam and Adnan were persona non grata.
他们被完全禁止接触布兰妮
They had been completely forbidden from having access to Britney.
在我抵达洛杉矶的几天里
And within days of me arriving in L.A.,
山姆开始谈到试图让她签署这个东西
Sam started talking about trying to get her to sign this thing
而且还试图找到 可能会让她签字的人
and trying to find someone who might get her to sign.
我说不上是不是 某个具体的时刻说服我去这么做
I can’t say there was a specific moment that convinced me to do it.
当然 我担心成为 自己试图客观报道的
Of course, I was concerned about being a participant in the story
故事的参与者
I was trying to cover objectively.
但在当时 我认识布兰妮差不多十年了
But, at that point, I had known Britney Spears for a decade almost,
因此我以一种人性化的方式关心她 这在当时是毋庸置疑的
so I cared about her in a human way that there was no denying it at that point,
作为尚有良知的人 我似乎可以比
that I could be more useful as a Good Samaritan almost
另一个想要报道这个故事的记者 发挥更大的作用
than another journalist trying to cover the story.
对于监护权 你有没有什么想说的?
Anything to say about the conservatorship today?
山姆跟我解释说 我需要去蒙太奇
Sam explained to me that I would need to go to the Montage
她会在那里等我
and she would be waiting for me.
蒙太奇酒店 2009年1月21日
她知道要去洗手间找我
And she would know to come meet me in the bathroom.
我走了进去 想着: “假装自己是酒店的客人”
I just walked in thinking, “Pretend I’m a guest.”
我乘坐电梯上楼 走出电梯时 我看到了她的保镖伊登在那里
I took the elevator up and I walked out and I saw Edon, her security guard,
也许还有一个 看起来像安保人员的家伙
up there and maybe one other, like, security-looking dude.
她一个人在泳池里 就靠在池边
She was just in the pool by herself. Just leaning on the edge of the pool.
我斜瞥了她一眼 看到她发现了我
Um, and I kind of gave her a little side-eye and saw her see me,
然后走进了这间小小的洗手间
and then went into this small bathroom.
我走进隔间 关上门 准备好文件和笔
I went into the stall, closed the door, and got the papers and the pen ready,
看到她脚 或脚踝 还是其他什么地方的纹身时
and saw her tattoo on her foot or ankle or whatever it is,
我打开门 告诉她需要签名的地方
and opened the door and I showed her the spots where she needed to sign.
她签了字 然后看着我说:“谢谢你”
And she signed and looked at me and said, “Thank you.”
我说…
And I said…
我说:“我们还会再见面的 快走”
I said, “I’ll see you again. Go.”
没错 她看起来确实很害怕 我说不上来 因为我也很害怕
Yeah, she definitely seemed scared. It was hard to tell ’cause I was scared.
但她心怀感激 这正像她的经典气质
But she was appreciative, which was, like, such classic kind of her vibe to be,
她在那一刻既害怕又感恩
in that moment to be scared but to also be grateful, you know?
诉愿人 布兰妮斯皮尔斯
布兰妮斯皮尔斯 曾表示对法庭指定的律师
塞缪尔英厄姆三世缺乏信任
斯皮尔斯女士认为 特别是在受到严格限制时
他并未代表她进行充分的辩护
毫无疑问 这位能够完成两张新唱片
并且准备进行全国巡演的女性
在将近一年的保护性监护之后 有足够的能力
雇聘她所选择 并且信任的律师
布兰妮斯皮尔斯
我以为这些文件会马上被送达
I thought the documents were gonna be delivered right away.
我被告知会有单方面听证会 来解决这个问题
I was told there would be an ex parte hearing to address this,
但几天过去了
but then days passed
布兰妮本该跟她爸爸去某个地方旅行
and Britney was supposed to go on a trip somewhere with her dad.
我们以为 当他看到她签了字
And we thought that when he sees that she signed it,
就会知道情况会发生变化
he’ll know that things are gonna change.
我一周后发现时都不敢相信
I couldn’t believe it when I found out, about a week later,
我们遭遇了全面溃败 跟亚当斯特赖桑德的情况类似
that it was all over and that, similar to what had happened with Adam Streisand,
判决结果显示
that it had been ruled
她甚至没有能力选择一名律师
that she lacked the capacity to choose a lawyer
他们对这是否 是她的签名都产生了怀疑
and that they had cast enough doubt on to whether that was her signature.
之后这个案子就没有了下文
I never heard anything of it again.
也没有人再谈及此事
No one ever talked about it again,
仍然没有人真正谈及这样一个事实
and still no one really talks about the fact
那就是还有一次寻找律师的尝试
that there was another attempt to get a lawyer
但不知为何没有成功
that somehow didn’t work out.
2009年1月28日 山姆英厄姆 发给杰米律师的电子邮件
但还有人知道蒙太奇酒店的事件
But someone else knew about the incident at the Montage.
布兰妮签署表示她需要 一位新代理的文件七天后
Seven days after Britney signed the papers saying she wanted new representation,
法庭指定的监护律师山姆英厄姆表示
the court-appointed lawyer for the conservatorship, Sam Ingham,
布兰妮告诉他 她见了一名《滚石》杂♥志♥的记者
stated that Britney told him she’d met with a reporter
并且签署了聘请新律师的文件
from Rolling Stone to sign documents about acquiring new counsel.
他继续说道 布兰妮并不想这样做
He went on to say, “Britney does not wish to do that,”
并要求他采取一切必要的措施 “撤销这份文件”
and asked him to do whatever is necessary to “squash the document.”
她进一步表示 她对
She further stated that she was,
“我成为她的代理非常满意”
“Fully satisfied with my representation of her.”
就在同一天 她曾设法聘请的 律师约翰安德森退出 他表示
That same day, the attorney she had tried to hire, John Anderson, withdrew, stating,
“我不能再说什么 也不会再做什么 对我来说都结束了”
“I can say no more; will do no more.” And, “That is the end for me.”
布兰妮寻求自己的代理律师的努力
It was another time that Britney had tried to seek her own representation
又一次以失败告终
and it failed.
山姆英厄姆
被监护人的律师是体系中人
It’s the conservatee’s attorney is the one person in this system
他的任务是为被监护人 提出的任何要求
who is tasked with making the conservatee’s best case
提出最佳方案
for whatever the conservatee wants.
但我见过太多例子
I’ve seen so many instances where those attorneys
那些律师并未代表其客户的需求
are not representing what their clients want.
需要记住的是 山姆英厄姆获得报酬的唯一途径
Keep in mind that the only way that Sam Ingham gets paid
是他要向法♥院♥提交申请
is he has to file a petition with the court,
之后监护人有权拒绝
and then the conservator have the right to object
他获得报酬或者他要求的费用
to him getting paid or the fees he’s asking for.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!