哪里有不幸
哪里就有上帝派来的狗
拉马丁
《狗 神》
纽瓦克
新泽西花♥园♥州
Evening, ma’am.
晚上好, 女士
Your ID and the vehicle’s registration, please.
请出示身份证和车辆登记证
I’m sorry, officer.
对不起, 警官
I left it in the dash, and I don’t have anything with me.
我出来得太急, 什么都没带
I just plumb forgot.
我就是全忘了
Okay, ma’am, I’ll need you to get out while we search your truck.
好的, 女士, 请你下车, 我们要搜查你的卡车
Oh, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.
哦, 如果我是你, 就不会这么做
What the fuck is this?
这是什么鬼东西?
Ma’am, hands up where I can see them.
女士, 把手放在我能看见的地方
They won’t hurt you as long as you don’t hurt me.
只要你们不伤害我, 它们就不会伤害你们
Ma’am, put your hands on the dashboard now.
女士, 把手放在仪表盘上
Ma’am, are you listening to me?
女士, 你在听我说话吗?
You got a light, officer?
你有打火机吗 警官?
Hello?
喂?
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
It’s 2 o’clock in the morning.
现在是凌晨两点
Hey, Ma, I have to go.
嘿 妈 我得走了
What’s going on?
怎么了?
There’s an emergency at the detention center.
拘留中心有紧急情况
Why do they always have to call you for these shitty jobs?
为什么他们一有这些烂活总是来找你?
I take what they give me.
我从不挑肥拣瘦
Isn’t that right?
对不对?
It’s too much.
太多了
Ma’am, can I help you?
女士, 需要帮忙吗?
Yes, sir.
是的,警官
I’m here for the suspect that just arrived.
我来见刚到的那个嫌犯
Here?
这里?
In the pink dress.
粉色裙子的那个
Oh, yeah.
哦, 对
This one.
这个
Oh, thank you.
哦, 谢谢
Odtiaľ, ma’am
这边来 女士
I’m going to stay behind the door, just in case.
我就呆在门后, 以防万一
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Hello.
你好
I’m Dr. Evelyn Decker.
我是艾芙琳·戴克医生
May I ask your name?
请问你叫什么名字?
Besides the fact that smoking is bad for your health, I must remind you
除了吸烟有害健康之外, 我还必须提醒你
that it is quite simply illegal to smoke on the premises.
在这里吸烟是违法的
Does it bother you?
会打扰到你吗?
Not really.
其实不会
Oh, thank you.
哦, 谢谢
Actually, I’m sorry that you wasted your time.
事实上, 我很遗憾浪费了你的时间
I’m not sick.
我没病
I’m just tired.
我只是累了
I’m a psychiatrist, to be more specific.
更确切地说, 我是一名精神科医生
I’m here because my colleagues are struggling to get a handle on you.
我来这里, 是因为我的同事们很头疼, 不知如何处理你的情况
They don’t quite know which aisle to put you in,
他们不知道该把你关在哪一边
so they would like to know who you are.
所以他们想知道你是谁
They don’t blame me.
这不怪他们
But I always liked disguises.
但我一直喜欢装扮
That’s what you do when you don’t really know who you are, right?
当你也不清楚自己是谁时, 你就会这样, 对吧?
You dress up, you make up a past to forget your own.
装扮自己, 编个故事, 忘记自己的过去
Is dressing up equal lying to yourself, Doctor?
装扮自己等同于自欺欺人吗, 医生?
Depends.
看情况
Generally, a disguise is used to conceal what we don’t want to see.
一般来说, 装扮是用来掩盖我们不想看到的事实
That’s interesting.
这很有趣
I always thought there was a way of becoming someone else.
我一直以为有一种方法可以让你变成另外一个人
It’d be very pleasant to forget yourself for a moment,
如果能暂时忘掉一切, 那将是一件非常惬意的事
Even if you know it’s only an illusion.
即使你知道这只是幻想
Are you okay?
你还好吗?
Oh, yes.
哦, 是的
I was just thinking.
我只是在思考
Do you love life, Doctor?
你热爱生活吗, 医生?
Yes.
是的
There are ups and downs.
有起有落
My family never really had much, but my parents always wanted the best for me,
我的家庭并不富裕, 但我的父母总是想给我最好的
so I was able to go to college and make the most of my life for now.
因此, 我才能上大学, 过上一个在目前看来还不错的生活
You found love?
你找到爱了?
Yes.
是的
I have a little boy.
我有一个小儿子
He’s 9 months old.
九个月了
I’m happy for you.
我为你感到高兴
Married?
结婚了?
Divorced.
离了
Life’s not a long, quiet river, huh?
生活不是一条风平浪静的长河, 不是吗?
Yep.
是的
Well, now that I’ve answered your questions, perhaps you’ll answer mine.
既然我回答了你这么多问题, 也许你也会回答我的问题吧
Oh, yes, sorry.
哦, 是, 对不起
What was your question?
你的问题是什么?
Just your name.
就你的名字
Doc, short for Douglas.
道克, 道格拉斯的简称
Nobody’s called me that for a long time now.
已经很久没人这么叫我了
Do you have any children, Douglas?
你有孩子吗 道格拉斯
Hundreds.
几百个
You’re referring to your dogs?
你指的是你的狗?
Yes.
是的
They’re my babies.
他们是我的宝贝
Their love saved me a thousand times.
他们的爱千百次地拯救了我
I owe them my life.
我欠他们一条命
Would you say that you love your dogs more than you love human beings?
你认为你爱狗胜过爱人类吗?
Absolutely.
当然
The more I got to know humans, the more I love dogs.
越是了解人类, 我就越是喜欢狗
What qualities do they possess that humans don’t have?
它们有哪些特质是人类不具备的吗?
Dogs have beauty without vanity, force without insolence, bravery without ferocity,
狗 有美貌而不虚荣, 有力量而不放肆, 有勇气而不凶残,
and all the virtues humans have without any of the vices.
拥有人类所有的美德, 却没有任何人类的恶习
As far as I can tell, they only have one flaw.
据我所知, 它们只有一个缺陷
Which is?
是?
They trust humans.
它们信任人类
I was probably nine when it first occurred to me.
我第一次想到这个问题时, 大概只有九岁
I remember watching my brother from my bedroom window
我记得我从卧室的窗户看见我的哥哥
as he dangled meat in front of my father’s dogs.
看着他把肉挂在我父亲的狗面前
And I watched them both starve in the days leading to the fight.
我看着它们俩在比赛前的日子里忍♥饥挨饿
That’s how my dad earned a living, was organizing dog fights.
我父亲就是靠组织斗狗比赛谋生的
Do you think that he loved them in his own way?
你认为他是在以自己的方式爱着它们吗?
No.

My father was incapable of love.
我的父亲不懂得爱
He was all violence.
他只懂暴♥力♥
How often did I tell you not to feed the dog?
我告诉过你多少次不要喂狗?
How often?
多少次了?
And you?
你呢?
Oh, me?
哦, 我吗?
I tasted his violence like everyone else.
我尝过他的暴♥力♥ 和其他人一样
Listening to you, I’m struck by how calm you are.
听了你的话, 我被你的冷静所震撼
Did you ever try to defend yourself or complain at least?
你有试过自卫或投诉吗?
Complaints are prayers to the devil.
投诉不过是对魔鬼的祈祷
Do you have any recollections of happy times?
你还记得任何快乐的时光吗?
Yeah, sure.
是的, 当然
When I was little, when my mom was in the kitchen,
我小时候, 我妈妈在厨房♥里的时候
she used to love records from Europe most often.
她以前最喜欢欧洲的唱片
And she loved to play them while she was cooking.
她喜欢在做饭时播放这些音乐
And then my dad came home.
然后我爸爸回来了
And the show stopped.
演出就此结束
Did you know anyone else?
你还认识其他人吗?
A grandparent?
祖父母?
An aunt or uncle?
姨妈或者叔叔?