It’s not really the same without you, though.
不过, 没有你, 一切都不一样了
I hope so.
但愿如此
But I followed your career from the beginning.
但我从一开始就在关注你的职业生涯
Really?
真的吗?
Look, I cut out every article I could find
看, 我剪下了所有能找到的文章
since your very first production in Boston.
从你在波士顿的第一部作品开始
You did this?
这是你做的?
For you.
给你的
You like it?
喜欢吗?
This is the most beautiful gift anyone has given me in a long time.
这是长久以来别人送给我的最漂亮的礼物
And she seemed genuinely happy that I was there.
她似乎真的很高兴我在那里
And then…
然后
Come in.
请进
What a show.
真是一场好戏
Ah, thank you.
啊, 谢谢你
They loved it.
他们很喜欢
Thank you.
谢谢
Douglas, this is Bradley, my director,
道格拉斯, 这位是布拉德利, 我的导演,
who also happens to be my husband.
同时也是我的丈夫
Hey, Doug.
嘿, 道格
I heard a lot about you, man.
我听说了很多关于你的事
Cool.
酷毙了
He’s also the future daddy of my baby.
他还是我孩子未来的爸爸
Douglas.
道格拉斯
Congratulations.
祝贺你
How long have you been…
你们多久了…
Two weeks.
两周
Really? That’s fast.
真的吗? 真快
You’re already pregnant.
你已经怀孕了
You mean Bradley?
你是说布拉德利?
No, we met three years ago and took our time getting
不, 我们三年前相识的, 慢慢地走到了一起
to know each other and got married last winter.
去年冬天结的婚
And the baby really is new.
宝宝真的是刚有的
You’re one of the first to know.
你是最先知道的人
I haven’t even told my family yet.
我都还没有告诉我的家人呢
I’m… I’m flattered. That is…
我…我受宠若惊…
It’s cool.

Look, babe, Douglas made this for me.
宝贝, 这是道格拉斯为我做的
Really?
真的吗?
He kept every article about me since I started out.
他保留了我出道以来关于我的每一篇文章
Wow.

Isn’t it adorable?
是不是很可爱?
It’s beautiful.
太美了
That’s true artistry, man.
真正的艺术, 伙计
Wow, wow, wow.
哇, 哇, 哇
So you’re a member of the clan, right?
你也是做这行的, 对吧?
You’re in the artistic family?
你是搞艺术的?
You’re in the show business?
你也是演艺界的?
No.

I’m in the dog business.
我是做狗生意的
So that evening, I went back to the shelter
于是那天晚上, 我回到了那个
where I’d been working for the past five years.
工作了五年的庇护所
I felt so, so stupid.
我觉得自己非常非常愚蠢
And she was older, gorgeous, and successful.
她更成熟 更漂亮 更成功
I was just this guy in a wheelchair
我只是一个坐在轮椅上的
who, even if he could walk, I would have no idea where to go.
就算能走路也不知道该往哪里走的残废
How could I think for one second that she felt anything but pity for me?
我怎么能认为 她对我除了怜悯之外 还会有其他感情呢?
No!

Their love for me was so genuine, true, pure, without any trickery or pretense.
他们对我的爱是如此真挚 真实 纯洁, 没有任何欺骗或伪装
Dogs never lie when they talk about love.
狗在谈到爱时从不说谎
What happened next?
后来呢?
I adapt.
我适应了
Again.
再一次
I’m sorry, I don’t understand.
对不起, 我不明白
You want to shut down the shelter?
你们想关闭动物庇护所?
The state is running a huge deficit
国家正面临巨额赤字
and the new governor has launched a drastic cost-cutting program.
而新州长已经启动了一项大幅削减成本的计划
Funding to your organization has been stopped.
对贵组织的资助已被停止
The funding I receive has been cut in half every year for the last three years,
在过去的三年里, 我获得的资助每年都被削减一半,
but thanks to donations and regularly placing dogs, we cost the state next to nothing.
但得益于捐赠和定期安置狗只, 我们几乎没有花费州里一分钱
You have done remarkable work.
你的工作非常出色
We fully understand that, but we have received
我们完全理解这一点, 但我们收到了
numerous complaints for various kinds of nuisance.
许多关于各种滋扰的投诉
Oh, nuisance such as?
哦, 比如说?
Such as odors.
例如气味
City Hall have decided to sell the land to a developer.
市政厅已决定将这块土地出♥售♥给开♥发♥商
Oh, so it’s all about money.
哦, 原来都是为了钱
We’re just carrying out orders, you know?
我们只是执行命令, 你知道吗?
Yes, I know.
是的, 我知道
And what happens to the dogs?
这些狗怎么办?
We release them and ask them kindly to go back to their families?
放了他们, 然后请他们乖乖回老家去?
I guess they’ll be taken to a more suitable facility.
我猜它们会被送到一个更合适的地方
I know what that’s like.
我知道那种感觉
Going from home to home and never getting a shot at rebuilding your life.
从一个家换到另一个家, 永远没有机会重建自己的生活
Your record here is beyond reproach.
你在这里的记录无可指责
I am sure social services will soon find you another position.
我相信社会服务部门很快就会为你找到另一个职位
So when’s the big day?
所以是哪一天?
In theory, Monday morning, 6 a.m.
理论上, 星期一早上 6 点
We can ask them for more time if you like.
如果你愿意, 我们可以要求更多一点时间
Get you an extension.
给你延个期
No, thank you, though.
不用, 还是得谢谢你, 不过
I’ll see you on Monday.
周一见
Okay, uh, Monday.
好吧, 呃, 星期一
Good morning, sir. -Good morning.
早上好, 先生 -早上好
Firstly, we bring out the manager.
首先, 我们把经理请出来
The guy’s in a wheelchair.
那家伙坐着轮椅
It’s a bit of an oddball.
有点古怪
And we take care of the dogs.
我们来处理狗
Understood.
明白了
新泽西州犬只庇护所新泽西动物管制部
What the fuck?
搞什么鬼?
We’ll be okay here.
我们在这里会没事的
Polly, tell the others, okay?
波莉, 通知大家, 好吗?
♪ I take thee at thy word: ♪
♪ 我相信你的话 ♪
♪ Call me but love, and I’ll be new baptized ♪
♪ 叫我亲爱的, 我就会接受新的洗礼 ♪
♪ Henceforth I never will be Romeo. ♪
♪ 从此我不再是罗密欧 ♪
♪ What man art thou that thus bescreen’d in night, so stumblest on my counsel? ♪
♪ 你是何方神圣, 竟在黑夜中窥探我的心思? ♪
♪ By a name I know not how to tell thee who I am. ♪
♪ 我不知道如何用名字告诉你我是谁 ♪
♪ What’s in a name that which we call a rose? ♪
♪ 我们称之为玫瑰的名字里有什么? ♪
♪ by any other word would smell as sweet. ♪
♪ 就算用别的词来命名 一样还是那么甜蜜 ♪
♪ So Romeo would, were he not Romeo called, ♪
♪ 罗密欧也是如此, 如果他不叫罗密欧 ♪
♪ retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title. ♪
♪ 保留他的完美 没有这个称号♥ ♪
♪ Romeo, doff thy name, and for thy name, ♪
♪ 罗密欧 放弃你的名字 为了那个 ♪
♪ which is no part of thee, take all myself. ♪
♪ 不属于你的名字 带走我的一切 ♪
♪ I take thee at thy word. ♪
♪ 我相信你的话 ♪
♪ Call me but love, and I’ll be new baptized. ♪
♪ 叫我亲爱的, 我就会接受新的洗礼 ♪
♪ Henceforth, I never will be Romeo. ♪
♪ 从此我不再是罗密欧 ♪
Did you ever see Selma again?
你后来还见过塞尔玛吗?
No.
没有
She had two children in quick succession.
她接连生了两个孩子
She quit acting.
她放弃了表演
Her husband turned to beer.
她的丈夫爱上了啤酒
Even the stars fade and go out in the end.
即使是耀眼的星星, 最终也会褪色熄灭
The place where you were living, it was pretty well-equipped.
你住的地方设备很齐全
How did you do that?
你是怎么做到的?
I help people. People help me back.
我帮助别人 别人也会回报我
Yes, but it must have cost a lot of money, right?
是的, 但一定花了很多钱, 对吗?
True.
没错
To begin with, it was difficult.
起初, 困难重重
I had to pick up a job.
我不得不去找个工作
But I had trouble finding one.