♪ 它曾赠予我心爱的人 却又偷走了他 ♪
The curtain!
幕布
Close the curtain.
拉上幕布
Douglas, come here. Come here, please.
道格拉斯 过来 坐吧
Are you all right?
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
你还好吗?
That’s why he needs you to support him.
这就是他需要你支持他的原因
So, you were a hit?
这么说, 你很受欢迎?
Well, let’s not exaggerate.
不要太夸张了
I was sufficiently convincing for the boss
反正足以让老板信服
to hire me once a week, every Friday night.
每周五晚上雇我上台一次
I have to admit, I couldn’t wait for Friday to come around.
我不得不承认, 我等不及周五的到来了
It was my only moment where my reflection
这是我的影子成功地
succeeded in making me forget my image.
让我忘记了自己形象的唯一时刻
So, the show was your only source of income?
所以, 演出是你唯一的收入来源?
No.

I was a kind of matchmaker.
我是一个媒人
I’d study the profile of the client
我会研究客户的情况
and suggest companions that had similar interests.
并建议兴趣相投的同伴
Your main activity was placing dogs in homes
你的主要活动是把狗送到那些
with people who were looking to break their solitude?
寄希望于它们能打破孤独的人的家里吗?
Yeah, mostly.
是的, 大部分
Mostly?
大部分?
What does that mean?
这是什么意思?
I also offered protection services.
我还提供保护服务
And how big were these protection services in your business plan?
这些保护服务在你的商业计划中占多大♥比♥重?
People want to be loved and protected.
人们希望得到关爱和保护
That’s all anybody’s praying for all day long.
这就是所有人整天在祈祷的东西
But I’m guessing the pay was nowhere near enough.
但我猜赚得还远远不够
You still needed money to rebuild and look after your dogs.
你仍然需要钱来重建家园和照顾你的狗
Well, the answer came from my dogs, actually.
其实, 答案来自我的狗
How? What do you mean?
怎么做?什么意思?
Not only were they my best friends, my most faithful companions,
他们不仅是我最好的朋友, 也是我最忠实的伴侣
but they also understood everything.
但他们也能理解每一件事
Absolutely everything I told them.
每一件我交待他们的事情
Plain flour?
普通面粉?
Thank you.
谢谢
I’m gonna need…
我需要…
250 grams unsalted butter.
250 克无盐黄油
Thank you.
谢谢
And two large eggs.
还有两个大鸡蛋
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Be a darling and fetch me some sugar.
可爱点, 给我拿点糖来
We’re gonna make a very nice cake.
我们要做一个非常漂亮的蛋糕
I believe in the redistribution of wealth.
我相信财富的再分配
Do you know that the 100 richest people are richer than the poorest billion?
你知道吗, 前 100 位首富比最穷的十亿人还要富有?
Yes, I do.
是的, 我知道
It’s outrageous, but that doesn’t mean
这太离谱了, 但这并不意味着
that your actions are not against the law.
你的行为并不违法
Laws are written by the rich to control the poor.
法律是富人为控制穷♥人♥而制定的
It should be the other way around, don’t you think?
应该反过来, 你说呢?
You’re right.
你说得对
But that doesn’t mean you get to be judge and jury.
但这并不意味着你可以成为法官和陪审团
I suppose you’re right.
我想你是对的
I plead guilty.
我认罪
If you were earning a living, why continue stealing like that?
如果你在谋生, 为什么还要继续这样偷窃?
For the kids?
为了狗?
No. Far from it.
不 远非如此
I think that when society rejects a child, makes them an outcast,
我认为, 当社会排斥一个孩子, 让他们成为局外人,
they take everything that was never given to them as a way of making amends for the injustice.
他们就会拿走从未得到过的一切 作为弥补不公正的一种方式
Don’t you think your explanation is just a play on words?
你不觉得你的解释只是在玩文字游戏吗?
I mean, a delinquent is a delinquent, right?
我的意思是, 罪犯就是罪犯, 对吗?
Nobody is born a delinquent.
没有人生来就是罪犯
You become one through circumstance.
他们变成罪犯只是因为境遇不同
God had wanted he could have made me
上帝如果愿意 他可以让我成为
a pianist, a florist, or a doctor, even.
一个钢琴家 花匠或甚至医生
Why didn’t he?
为什么他没有?
Looking after dogs is just as good of a profession as any other
照顾狗和其他这些一样 也是一种很好的职业
Why are you continue the home invasions ?
为什么你要继续入室盗窃?
I stopped.
我停手了
A few months ago.
几个月前
What made you do that?
你为什么这么做?
A chance encounter.
一次偶遇
Qui es-tu?
你是?
Ackerman. Insurance.
阿克曼 保险公♥司♥的
Right this way.
这边请
Sir.
先生
Morning, ma’am.
早上好, 女士
Ackerman.
阿克曼
I’ll be your claims adjuster for today.
我是你们今天的理赔员
Thank you for agreeing to see me.
谢谢你同意见我
Please take a seat.
请坐
OK.
好的
So what do you want to know?
你想知道什么?
Just, you know, tell me the whole story, I guess.
我想, 你知道的, 告诉我全部经过
Well, we came back from the United Nations gala
我们从联♥合♥国♥的晚宴回来
around 1 o’clock in the morning.
大概凌晨 1 点左右
I took off my necklace, put it on the dresser, as I always do.
我摘下项链, 像往常一样把它放在梳妆台上
Oh, not in the safe?
哦, 不在保险箱里?
Because I do believe that you have a safe, right?
因为你有一个保险箱, 对吗?
No, I was far too tired to come back down here.
不, 我太累了, 不想再下来了
I see.
我明白了
And the staff?
雇员呢?
What about the staff? Have they all left?
雇员呢? 他们都走了吗?
Oh, long gone.
哦, 早就走了
I locked the front door myself.
我自己锁的前门
The dogs, you didn’t hear the dogs bark last night?
狗, 你昨晚没听到狗叫吗?
No, not at all.
不, 完全没有
I’m a very light sleeper, too.
我睡眠也很浅
I would have heard them.
我会听到的
Was the window open?
窗户开着吗?
All the windows are tight shut.
所有窗户都关得严严实实
Well, except for one in the bathroom,
除了浴室里的一个
but it’s far too small for anyone to get through.
但它太小了, 任何人都无法通过
I see.
我明白了
And, uh, what time did you realize the necklace was missing?
你是什么时候发现项链不见的?
When I woke up at 7 o’clock the next morning.
当我第二天早上 7 点钟醒来的时候
So… Okay, so let me get this straight.
那么….好吧, 让我理理清楚
So the jewelry vanished sometime between the hours of
因此, 珠宝是在 1 点到早上 7 点之间
1 and 7 in the morning from a locked house with you in it?
从你所在的上锁的房♥子里不见的?
Exactly.
没错
Now, if you think that I’m making this whole story up to cash in for the insurance…
现在, 如果你认为我编造这整个故事 是为了骗保费…
Well, far be it for me to suggest otherwise, ma’am.
我可不敢苟同 女士
Your reputation speaks for itself, but you have to admit
你的声誉不言而喻, 但你必须承认
it’s a, you know, it’s a tricky equation to square.
你知道, 这是一个难解的等式
Well, isn’t that why you’re here?
这不就是你来这里的原因吗?
Yes, indeed.
是的, 确实如此
As requested, the footage from the security cameras.
要求提供的, 监控摄像头的录像
There are 12 cameras all around this house.
房♥子周围有 12 个摄像头
None inside?
里面没有?
No.
没有
We appreciate our privacy.
我们很重视我们的隐私
Ma’am.
女士
♪ Que reste-t-il de nos amours? ♪
♪ 我们的爱情还剩下什么? ♪
♪ Que reste-t-il de ces beaux jours? ♪
♪ 那些美好的日子还剩下什么? ♪
♪ Une photo, vieille photo, ♪
♪ 一张照片, 一张老照片 ♪
♪ De ma jeunesse ♪
♪ 我的青春岁月 ♪
♪ Que reste-t-il Des billets doux ♪
♪ 甜美的音符还剩下什么? ♪
♪ Des mois d’avril, des rendez-vous ♪
♪ 四月的约会 ♪
♪ Un souvenir qui me poursuit Sans cesse ♪