Duncan: Well I guess on some level I always knew I was straight. I thought I was supposed to be something else, you know, I’m an ice dancer, all my friends are gay, I was just trying to fit in.
我想我一直知道,自己不是同性恋。我觉得我应该跟别人一样,我是个冰上舞蹈者,所有朋友都是同志,我要合群。
Phoebe: And um, and there’s actually a, a woman?
真的要跟一个女人结婚?
Duncan: Her name’s Debra.
她叫黛博拉。
Phoebe: Oh. Well is she, is she the first that you’ve been with?
她是不是你的第一个女人?
Duncan: Well, I’ve never told you this but, there were one or two times, back in college, when I’d get really drunk, go to a straight bar and wake up with a woman next to me, you know.
我从来没告诉过你,但在大学有一两次,我喝得大醉,去了异性恋酒吧,醒来时身旁有个女人。
Duncan: But I, I, I told myself it was the liquor and e-everyone experiments in college.
我以为这是因为酒精的缘故,而且大学每个人都在摸索。
Phoebe: Sure.
当然。
Duncan: But now I know I don’t have a choice about this, I was born this way.
现在我知道我没有选择,我生下来就是如此!
Phoebe: I, I don’t know what to say. I mean, you know, you’re married to someone for six years and you think you know him and then one day says, ‘Oh, I’m not gay.’
我不知道该说什么。嫁给一个人六年,以为自己很了解他。结果一天他说:我不是同性恋!
Duncan: I’m, I’m still me.
我还是我。
Phoebe: Why couldn’t you have just figured this out six years ago?
你为什么在六年前,没有发现这件事?
Monica: You know, it still smells like monkey in there.
里面闻起来还是有猴子的味道。
Julie: Uh, that saves us a conversation.
我们又有话可聊了。
Chandler: Well, listen, this’s been great but I’m officially wiped.
今晚很好玩,但我累死了。
Joey: Me too, we should get going.
我也是,我们该走了。
Rachel: No, no, I mean, no, come on you guys, I mean, come on look it’s only eleven thirty. Let’s just talk, we never just hang out and talk anymore.
不!你们别这样!现在才十一点半。让我们好好聊聊,我们最近都没有一起聊过天。
Monica: Rachel, that’s all we do.
瑞秋,我们在一起只有聊天。
Rachel: Maybe that’s all we do, what about Julie?
也许我们是如此,但是茱莉呢?
Julie: What about Julie?
茱莉怎么样?
Rachel: Well, you have been in our lives for nearly two months now and we don’t really know you. I mean, who is Julie?
你已经加入我们将近两个月了,我们还没有真正认识你。茱莉究竟是什么样的人?
Rachel: I mean, what do you like, what don’t you like? We wanna know everything.
你喜欢什么?不喜欢什么?我们什么都要知道。
Julie: Well, that could take a while.
这可能要花一段时间。
Rachel: So? I mean, who here does not have the time to get to know Julie?
所以呢?谁没有时间更认识茱莉?
Chandler: I got the time to get to know Julie. -Joey: I got time.
我有时间来认识茱莉。-我有时间。
Monica: Rach, I know her pretty well, can I go? That’s fine.
我跟她很熟了,我能回去吗?没关系。
Rachel: OK Julie, so now let’s start with your childhood, what was that like?
让我们从你的童年开始,你的童年是怎么样?
Julie: Well, in a nutshell…
简单地说…
Rachel: Nah, uh, uh, uh, uh.
啊啊啊啊。
Phoebe: So, um, have you told your parents?
你告诉了你父母吗?
Duncan: No, but it’ll be OK, they’re pretty cool, my brother’s straight so…
还没有,应该没关系,他们都很酷。我弟弟是异性恋,所以…
Phoebe: Here you go. You know what, I just have one more question, um, if you had figured this out sooner and um, I had been around, do you think that I would’ve been the one who…
就是这样了。我还有一个问题。如果你早一点知道,而我也在你身边…你想会不会是我…?
Phoebe: No, um, that’s alright, don’t tell me, I don’t think either answer would make me feel better, So…Here…
不,别告诉我,我想不管什么回答,都不会让我更好过。
Duncan: I love you Phoebe.
我爱你,菲比。
Phoebe: So your brother’s straight huh? Seriously.
所以你弟弟是异性恋?说真的。
Julie: And my second grade teacher was Ms. Thomas, and my first grade teacher was Mrs. Cobb.
我的二年级老师是托马斯小姐,我的一年级老师是柯布小姐。
Rachel: Mrs. , Mrs. Gobb?
葛布小姐?
Julie: No Cobb, like Cobb salad.
不,柯布,就像柯布沙拉。
Rachel: Um, ok. Now, what exactly is in a Cobb salad?
柯布沙拉里面究竟有什么?
Chandler: I’m going home. -Rachel: What?
我要回家了。-什么?
Joey: Boy that Julie’s a talker, huh?
茱莉真是爱说话,嗯?
Ross: Good night.
晚安。
Rachel: Oh, so, it’s pretty late, you’re probably uh, not still planning on…
很晚了,你们大概没有打算…
Ross: Oh, no-no, I am.
我有。
Rachel: Oh, well, are hey, are you nervous?
你紧张吗?
Ross: Um, no, I uh, I have done it before.
我以前做过。
Rachel: Uh, OK, I mean uh, what, how are you gonna handle it. I mean, are, are ya gonna, are ya gonna talk about it beforehand, are you just gonna pounce?
你要如何进行?要先谈谈?还是直接猛扑上去?
Ross: I uh, I don’t know, I guess I’m just gonna see, see what happens, you know.
我不知道,我想我要…顺其自然。
Rachel: OK, gook luck.
祝你好运!
Ross: Wha, uhh, what?
什么?
Rachel: Nothing, I mean, um, it is your first time with her and, you know if the first time doesn’t go well, well then that’s, that’s pretty darn hard to recover from.
没事,这是你与她的第一次,如果第一次就不顺利…那就很难再东山再起。
Ross: OK, now I’m nervous.
好,现在我紧张了。
Rachel: Maybe you should put it off.
也许你应该延期。
Ross: No, no, I don’t wanna put it off, I just, God I’m just, I spent last year being so unbelievably miserable, you know, and now, now I’m actually happy.
不,我不要延期!我去年一整年都很悲惨。现在我很快乐。
Ross: You know, I mean, really happy. I just, I just don’t wanna, I don’t wanna mess it up, you know?
真的很快乐。我不希望…我不希望搞砸了,你知道吧?
Rachel: I know, yeah, I’m sorry.
我知道,对不起。
Ross: What, it’s not your fault.
这又不是你的错。
Rachel: Right. Maybe it, maybe it doesn’t have to be this tough. I mean, maybe you were on the right track with this whole, you know, spontaneous thing. I mean, women really like that.
嗯,也许不需要这么困难,也许你顺其自然是对的,女人真的喜欢这样。
Ross: Really?
真的?
Rachel: Yeah, I mean, you know it, I mean, if it were me I, I, you know, I’d want you to, I don’t know, catch me off-guard, you know, with like a really good kiss.
如果是我,我会希望你…趁我没有防备的时候…好好给我一个吻。
Rachel: You know really, sort of um, soft at first, then maybe um brush the hair away from my face, and look far into my eyes in a way that let’s me know something amazing is about to happen.
刚开始要很轻柔,然后也许把我的头发拨开,凝视我的眼睛…让我知道有美妙的事情…快要发生了。
Ross: Uh-huh.
嗯哼。
Rachel: And then, I don’t know, then you’d pull me really close to you so that, so that I’d be pressed up, you know, right against you.
然后,我不知道,然后…你会更紧地搂住我…我会紧紧帖着你…
Rachel: And, um, it would get kind of sweaty and uh, and blurry, and then it’s just happening.
然后就会开始…流汗…目眩神迷…一切就自然发生…
Ross: Thanks Rach, goodnight.
谢谢,瑞秋,晚安!
Rachel: Ohh, God.
天啊!
Ross: Good morning.
早安!
Old Woman: Well somebody got some last night.
昨晚有人爽到了!
Ross: Twice.
两次! 

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!