It was me what done it.
这是我所做的
I swore that time, that as sure as I earned a guinea,
我曾起誓我只要挣了钱
that guinea would go to you.
那钱就要归你所有
And that there hunted dog what you kept life in
你拯救了我这丧家犬
got his head so high that he made a gentleman. And Pip, you’re him!
我发达了 要培养一个上等人 就是你 匹普
Why, I’m your second father Pip, and you’re my son.
匹普 我是你的第二位父亲 而你是我的儿子
And how good-looking you’ve growed.
瞧你长得多英俊
Ah, there’s a pair of bright eyes somewhere, eh?
有双明亮的眼睛
Isn’t there a pair of bright eyes what you love the thoughts of?
有一双明亮的眼睛 你喜欢此想法吗?
They shall be yourn, dear boy, if money can buy ’em.
如果钱能买♥♥到 它们就是你的 亲爱的孩子
But didn’t you never think it might be me?
但你曾经没有想到可能是我?
No, never.
没有 从未想到
Well, you see, it was me and single-handed.
噢 你见到的是我和一个独身者
Never a soul in it but me own self and Mr. Jaggers.
除了我自己和杰葛先生 那独身者决没此种作为
Was there no one else? No. Who else should there be?
有没有别的人? 除了我没别的人
Well, where are you going to put me, dear boy?
你打算把我安顿在哪?
Put? Aye! To sleep.
安顿? 是啊 在哪睡
Oh, I…
哦 我…
Who’s that?
那是谁?
Don’t be alarmed. It’s Mr. Pocket who shares these rooms with me.
不要惊慌 那是与我同住的博盖特先生
Phew! What a night!
呸 什么夜晚
Hello.
你好
Herbert, something very strange has happened.
赫伯特 有点事…发生了点奇怪的事
This is a visitor of mine.
这是我的客人
Take it in your right hand.
把它拿在你的手中
Say “Strike me dead on the spot if I split in any way whatever.”
说”如果我以任何方式密告 将不得好死”
Strike me dead on the spot if I split in any way whatever.
如果我以任何方式密告 将不得好死
Kiss it. Do as he says, Herbert.
吻它 照他说的做 赫伯特
Now, you’re on oath.
现在你发了誓
Come in.
进来吧
Ah. You can go now, Molly.
你现在可以走了 莫利
Now, Pip, be careful. I will, sir.
匹普 小心 我会的 先生
Don’t commit yourself or anyone. You understand me?
不要委托你自己 不要委托任何人 你了解? 任何人
Mr. Jaggers, I… Don’t tell me anything. I don’t want to know anything.
杰葛先生 我… 不要告诉我任何事 我不想知道
I’m not curious.
我不好奇
I merely want to assure myself that what I’ve been told is true.
我只想证实我已经听到的事实
Did you say told or informed?
你有听闻?
Told would seem to imply verbal communication.
此听闻有相互交谈之意
You can’t have verbal communication with a man in New South Wales.
你不可能与住在新南威尔士的人交谈
I will say informed. Good.
只是听说 先生 好的
I have been informed by a person named Abel Magwitch
我听说一个叫做亚伯马格维奇的人
that he is my unknown benefactor.
是我长久未知的保护人
That is the man, in New South Wales.
此人 住在新南威尔士
And only he? And only he.
而且只有他? 而且只有他
I’m not holding you responsible,
我不是不切实际 先生 我想你是可信赖的
for my mistakes and wrong conclusions,
可解除我的误解和错误的结论
but I always supposed that it was Miss Havisham.
但我一直认为是哈维夏姆小姐
As you say, Pip, I am not at all responsible for that.
如你所说 匹普 这不能由我负责
Yet it looked so like it, sir.
但它看起来有可能 先生
Not a particle of evidence, Pip.
没有任何根据 匹普 不能光看表面
Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence.
每件事都要有证据 这是唯一的法则
Well, I have nothing more to say.
好了 我没什么可说的了
You should know that I communicated with Magwitch in New South Wales
我会告之新南威尔士的亚伯马格维奇
and reminded him that if he returned to this country,
提醒他如果他在这个国家公开他自己
it would be a felony,
那将会是一种重罪的行为
rendering himself liable to the extreme penalty of the law.
会受到法律的极端处罚
Take a look out of that window, Pip.
看看那窗外 匹普
That sort of thing happens every day.
那种处罚每天都有
Magwitch has enemies here who would not hesitate to inform on him.
马格维奇在此的仇人会毫不犹豫地告发他
I see.
我知道了
But he has guided himself by my caution, no doubt.
他必须听从我的忠告 这是不容怀疑的
No doubt. If you will excuse me, sir.
是的 对不起 先生
There’s no other alternative.
没有其他选择
He must leave the country and I have to go with him.
他必须离开这个国家 我也必须和他一起走
Why? He has risked everything for me.
你为什么一定和他去? 他为了我冒着生命危险
I can do no less than stand by him. What will you say to Estella?
我不能对他袖手旁观 你对埃斯特拉怎么说?
I am at a loss to know what to say to her.
我也不知道该对她怎样去说
She’d never understand about him.
她决不会理解他的
But I must see her before I go.
我走之前 一定去见她
Ah! Just come down? Yes.
嘿 刚下车? 是的
Beastly place, your part of the country, I think.
令人讨厌的地方
I’m going out for a ride. I mean to explore those marshes for amusement.
我打算去你的乡下去旅行 去沼泽探险
Out-of-the-way villages there,
他们告诉我 在那偏僻的村庄
curious little public houses, smithies and that.
有惊奇的小酒吧和锻工场
Mr. Drummle, I don’t find this a very agreeable conversation.
庄默先生 我没兴趣谈这些 而且我不认为它会令人愉快
I’m sure you don’t, but don’t lose your temper.
我相信你也不会 但不要发脾气
Haven’t you lost enough? What do you mean?
难道你没发脾气? 你指什么?
The lady is joining me later,
这里 先生 那女士将随我去
so take her horse to her house in an hour.
所以我来溜溜她的马 一小时后去她房♥间
Very good, sir.
非常好 先生
And don’t forget to tell the waiter I’m going to dine with the lady.
告诉侍者我不用正餐 因为我与女士一起吃
Aye, aye.
是 是
Come in.
进来
What wind blows you here, Pip?
什么风把你吹来的 匹普?
I went to Richmond yesterday to speak to Estella,
我昨天去旅店想跟埃斯特拉说话
and finding that some wind had blown her here I followed.
发现一些风把她吹到这里 我也跟随而来
What I have to say to Estella I will say before you in a few moments.
在你说之前 我必须对埃斯特拉说说
It will not surprise you, it will not displease you.
但愿不会令你吃惊 不会得罪你
I am as unhappy as you could ever have meant me to be.
象你曾经所料想的一样 很不幸运
I have found out whom my patron is.
我已经发现我的保护人是谁
It isn’t a fortunate discovery,
这不是幸运的发现 不是可靠的
and is not likely ever to enrich me in reputation, station, fortune, anything.
决不会丰富我的名誉 地位 财富 等等一切
But there are reasons why I can say no more of that.
但是有理由我为什么只说这些
It is not my secret but another’s.
这不是我的秘密 但是他人的
It is not your secret but another’s. Well?
不是你的秘密 是其他人的? 啊?
When you first caused me to be brought here, Miss Havisham,
当你最初要我到这里来时 哈维夏姆小姐
I suppose I really came here as any other chance boy might,
我想我真的象其他孩子一样来到这里
as a kind of servant to gratify a want or a whim and to be paid for it.
如同满足一种需要或一时兴致而购买♥♥
Aye, Pip, you did. And that Mr. Jaggers was…
是的 匹普 我是这么做的 但杰葛先生是…
Mr. Jaggers had nothing to do with it.
杰葛先生什么也没做
His being my lawyer and the lawyer of your patron was a coincidence.
他是我的律师 而你保护人的律师只是巧合
He holds the same relation towards numbers of people.
他与数人都保持同样的关系
But when I fell into the mistake, at least you led me on.
但是我步入误解 至少是你的引导
Yes, I let you go on. Was that kind?
没错 我让你们接近 那很仁慈吗?
Who am I, for heaven’s sake, that I should be kind?
我是谁? 我为什么应该仁慈?
Well, well, well. What else?
好了 什么都别说了?
Estella, I should have said this sooner but for my long mistake
埃斯特拉 我应该说要不是我长久的误解
which led me to believe that Miss Havisham meant us for one another.
导致我认为哈维夏姆小姐是为了我们彼此
I couldn’t tell you of my real feelings,
我无法告诉你我的真正感觉
while you were not free to choose.
虽然你不能为自己自♥由♥选择
But now I have to go away. And I must say it before I go.
现在我必须离开 因此在我走之前 我一定要说
I love you, Estella.
我爱你 埃斯特拉
I’ve loved you ever since I first saw you here.
我在此第一次见到你时就爱上了你
Pip, I tried to warn you not to love me,
我已经警告你不要爱我
but you thought I didn’t mean it.
但是你不听警告 你认为我是故意的
Isn’t it true that Bentley Drummle is in town pursuing you?
事实是庄默在这个城镇并追求你
Quite true.
相当正确
That you encourage him and ride out with him?
你鼓励他 还和他外出
And that he dines with you this very day?
与他一起吃饭?
Quite true.

How can you fling yourself at such a man?
但你不能投靠这样一个男人
Should I fling myself at you,
我应该投靠你吗?
Pip, who would sense that I bring nothing to you?
匹普 谁会感觉到我是你爱的对象?
But you cannot love him, Estella?
但你不能爱他 埃斯特拉
What have I always told you?
我已经告诉你什么了吗?
Do you still think that I don’t mean what I say?
你尽管如此想 我不认为我说了什么?
Estella, you…
埃斯特拉, 你…
You would never marry him?
你不会要与他结婚吧?
Why not tell you the truth? I am going to be married to him.
为什么不 我正打算和他结婚
Come, Pip. Don’t be afraid of my being a blessing to him.
来 匹普 不要担心我 为他祝福吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!