I shall not be that.
我不会那样
Here is my hand.
我的手在这里
Let us part on this. You’ll get me out of your thoughts in a week.
让我们分开 在一周内 你就会忘记我的
What have I done?
我做了什么?
What have I done?
我做了什么?
If you mean what have you done to me, Miss Havisham, let me answer.
你想知道 我告诉你吧
Estella has been part of my existence ever since I first came here,
埃斯特拉是我生活的一部份
the rough, common boy whose heart she wounded even then.
尽管我第一次来时她没把我放在心上
She has been the embodiment of every graceful fancy
我已留心到
that my mind has ever known.
她的每一举动都有所体现
To the last hour of my life she will remain part of my character,
到我生命的终结 她也许不能选择 但她会记住我这个人
part of the little good in me, part of the evil.
我的善行和不幸
But you may dismiss me from your mind and conscience.
你可从你的思想和意识中将我抹杀
But Estella is a different case.
但埃斯特拉不会
And if you can ever undo any scrap of what you’ve done amiss,
你能抹掉自己所做的一切
in keeping part of her right nature away from her,
她有保留的权利
it will be better to do that than to bemoan the past through a hundred years.
并会永久保留 惋惜百年
Late that evening, I left the room with the long table for the last time
那个夜晚 我离开了那里 最后一次
and started on my way back to London.
回到伦敦
Mr. Pip, I believe. Good morning, sir. Good morning, Ben.
匹普先生 早安 早安 本
I have a note for you, sir. The messenger said it’s urgent.
有一便条给你 先生 送信人说事很紧急
Get me a cab off the stand, Ben. Yes, sir.
给我叫辆马车 本 好的 先生
Morning. What’s the trouble? You got my note then?
维米克 有什么麻烦? 很麻烦 你看了便条?
Yes, I came straight here. What have you done to your hands!
是的 所以我直接到这来了 你的手怎么啦?
I got them burnt.
哦 没什么 烫伤了
I’m very anxious… Everything’s taken care of, Mr. Pip.
维米克 我非常忧虑… 万事都要小心 匹普先生
Pray, come in. You don’t object to an aged parent?
先进来吧 我想你对老人没反感吧
Oh, no, delighted. This is Mr. Pip, Aged P.
哦 不会的 我很高兴 这是匹普先生
And I wish you could hear his name.
我想你听到过他的名字
Give him a nod, Mr. Pip, that’s what he likes.
给他点头 匹普先生 那是他喜欢的
You have made acquaintance with my son at his office, I expect.
你是我儿子办公室的同事
Yes. Nod away, if you please, like winking.
是的 对他点头
Yes, yes.
是的 是
Yes, yes.
是的 是
I hear that my son is a wonderful hand at his business, sir.
我听说我的儿子是一个极好的雇员
You’re as proud of me as punch, ain’t you, Aged P?
你我都很自豪 是吗? 老父亲
There’s a nod for you. There’s another one for you.
为你点头 为你骄傲
Now, Mr. Pip and I have business to discuss.
现在匹普先生和我有事要谈
Come and sit down.
来吧请坐
I want to offer an apology, he doesn’t have many pleasures.
我很抱歉 他没有更多的乐事
Just tip him a nod now and then and he’ll be as happy as a king.
你仅仅给他点头 他就像国王一样的快乐
You’ll appreciate I’m most anxious to know what’s happened.
没什么 我只是想知道发生的事情
Of course. Now…
当然…
I heard by chance yesterday morning
昨天早晨我偶然听到
that an old enemy of a certain convict, whose name we needn’t mention…
那囚犯的一个旧敌…
Yes… …have got wind of his being in England.
是… …得到风声 知道他在英国
So I went to the Temple and found Mr. Herbert.
因此我去教堂找赫伯特先生
I told him that if he was aware of any such person,
告诉他是否知道此人
whose name we needn’t mention, being about your chambers,
我想你知道是谁
that he’d better get him out of the way.
他最好是隐藏起来
I also heard that you had been watched.
我也听说你正被监视
That I’d been watched? Yes.
我被监视? 是的
And might be watched again.
可能会再次被监视
So he had better get him out of the way while you were out of the way.
因此他最好是隐藏起来 你也如此
I see. He would be greatly puzzled what to do.
我知道了 他会非常困惑的 为什么这样做
He was!
他是
But I, we’ve now moved him to a house by the river, down Limehouse way.
但我 我们已将他安置在莱姆豪斯区河边的一栋房♥子里
I should like to join them at once.
我想立刻去见他
Take my advice, Mr. Pip, you wait till after dark,
听我的忠告 匹普先生 你须等到到黄昏以后去
by which time, you see, we can have those hands attended to.
你知道我们已被注意 所以只有到天黑才行
Good evening. Good evening, sir.
晚安 夫人 晚安 先生
Thank you. Our supper, if you will.
谢谢你 维佩太太 如果可以话 请帮我们送上晚餐
Very good, sir.
好的 先生
How is he? All’s well.
他好吗? 很好
I’m a heavy grubber, dear boy, always was.
我是一个挖掘者 亲爱的 永远是
Are you sure you can rely on Wemmick’s judgment and sources?
你确定你能信赖维米克的看法和消息?
Aye, Wemmick knows.
是的 维米克了解到的
He spoke to me of a particular enemy of yours.
他跟我说你的一个仇敌
Do you know who that might be? Aye.
你知道可能是谁? 是
The man you saw fighting with me on the marshes, with the scar.
那人你见过 在沼泽地 脸上有一道疤痕
He turned informer on me to save his skin.
他反过来控告我 是为了解救他自己
He’d do it again to see me hanged,
他再一次这样做 是要我被绞死
but no sneaking rat like him’s going to make me leave, my boy.
我不会像他一样是只偷偷逃走的鼠 使我离开我的孩子
If you’re worried, there’s no need. I’m coming with you.
你不必为这担忧 我会和你在一起
No!

You’re a game ‘un.
你是个有胆识的家伙
What a game ‘un my boy’s turned out to be, eh?
我的孩子是多么有胆识 哈哈
The following day, I sent Herbert to make some enquiries.
次日 我要赫伯特去做了一些咨♥询♥
He found that the packet boat for the continent
他找到了离开这里的客船
left Gravesend Pier at high tide every Thursday.
在格雷夫森德码头 每星期四涨潮时开
I set myself to hire a boat. It was soon done.
我想自己雇一条小船 很快就办妥了
I couldn’t get rid of the notion of being watched.
我无法摆脱被监视的想法
How many undesigning persons I suspected of watching me,
我怀疑有很多人在监视我
it would be hard to calculate.
计划会是很困难的
I began to go out as for training and practice,
我开始出去训练和练习
sometimes alone, sometimes with Herbert.
有时独自一人 有时和赫伯特一起
We were out in all weathers and became familiar figures on the river.
我们在任何天气情况下都去 意图是要熟悉河道
My burns were still very painful.
我的烧伤仍然非常痛
We made it a practice that Herbert should embark from the place
烧伤好转后和赫伯特
nearest to the house where our convict was hidden.
在最近的地方上船 即在我们隐藏的房♥子那里
As the hours of the tide changed, we took to going further downriver.
数小时后 我们到了下游
There, on the marshes, we found a lone public house
那里 在沼泽附近 我们发现一个孤单的酒吧
where we decided to stay on the night of our escape.
我们决定逃亡的那晚停留哪里
And from a nearby buoy we timed the passing of the packet boat.
从附近的浮标 我们可到达客船
We chose this spot carefully.
我们小心地选择这一个地点
It was just above the point where the steamer picked up the river pilot.
客船正好由此经过 还可看到领航员
The river pilot.
领航员
Our river pilot.
我们的领航员
One day, Herbert bought two steamship tickets,
一天 赫伯特买♥♥了两张船票
and our plans were set.
这是我们预先的计划
Boat, ahoy!
船 喂
Ahoy, there!
喂 在那里
Tell me something. What, dear boy?
告诉我一些事 什么 亲爱的?
What I did for you as a child was such a small thing.
我做你的孩子只是一件小事
Why have you done so much for me?
你为什么为我做这些?
I had a child of me own once, Pip.
我自己曾有一个孩子 匹普
A little girl who I loved and lost.
一个小女孩 但遗失了
What happened to her?
发生了什么事?
I don’t know. It’s a dark part of my life, dear boy.
我不知道 这是我生活的黑暗部份 亲爱的
Ain’t worth telling.
不值得一提了
But when on those lone, shivering marshes
当在那寂寞而寒颤的沼泽
a boy was kind to a half-starved convict,
一个男孩仁慈地对待一个半饿死的囚犯
that boy took the place of the child he had lost.
那个男孩占有他遗失孩子的位置
Pull on your left.
稍向左稍向左
Here she comes!
船来了
One, two.
一 二
One, two.
一 二
One, two. One, two…
一 二 一 二…
One, two.
一 二
You have an escaped convict there. That’s the man in the stern.
你们船上有一个逃犯 就是船尾部的那个男人
I call upon him to surrender and you to assist!
我命令他投降 而且要你们的协助
Look out!
小心
Look out!
小心
Help!
救命
I’ll never forgive myself for this.
我决不会为此原谅我自己
I’m all right, dear boy.
我没关系 亲爱的
I’m content to have seen my boy and to take my chance.
我见到我的孩子就满足了
Jaggers will help us. He’ll get you off, all right.
杰葛会帮助我们的
Prisoners at the bar.
各位被告
It is now my duty to pronounce the sentence demanded by the law.
按法律的程序 现在宣告判决

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!