Is this Sam Toomey’s house?
这是Sam Toomey的家么?
It is. I’m his wife.
是的 我是他妻子
Well, is he around?
他在么?
‘Cause I’d kind of like to talk to him.
我想找他说些话
I’d like that, too, but Sam’s been dead for four years.
我也想和他说话 但是Sam已经死了4年了
Your husband worked with a guy I know…Leonard Simms.
你的丈夫和我认识的一个人工作过…Leonard Simms
That’s right. They served together in the U.S. Navy.
是的 他们同在美国海军服役
How is Leonard? Still in the service?
Leonard怎样了? 还在当兵?
he’s…
他…
retired.
退役了
Anyway… he told me about Sam…
不管怎样… 他和我说了Sam…
hearing something.
听到了些什么
You’re talking about the numbers.
你在说号♥码是么
Yes. The numbers. Exactly.
是的 就是那些号♥码
Do you know anything about them?
你知道一些什么么?
Sam and Leonard were stationed at a listening post
Sam和Leonard在一个潜听哨站岗
monitoring longwave transmissions over the pacific.
监视横跨太平洋的电波
Boring job. Sam hated it.
无聊的工作 Sam很讨厌
Nothing to do but listen to static night after night
没事可做 只是一夜又一夜地听着静电噪声
till one night, back 16 years ago,
直到16年前的一个晚上
there’s something in the static.
电波里有些东西
A voice cuts through
有一个声音
a voice repeating those numbers over and over again.
有一个声音不断的重复那些号♥码 一遍又一遍
Couple of days later, we’re at the fair in Kalgoorlie,
几天后 天晴了 我们在Kalgoorlie
and some wally there’s got this jar.
有这么一个罐子
Must have been big as a pony,
像小马一样大
and it’s filled to the rim with beans.
边上镶满了豆子
Filly’s offering 50 grand to anyone able to guess
小姑娘给任何一个在10次内可以猜对罐子里豆子数的人
how many beans are in that jar
罐子里豆子数的人
within 10.
5万美元
Sam used the numbers.
Sam用了那些数字
Yep.
是的
The answer was exact to the bean.
答案和豆子数刚好吻合
Man had been running the same scam for 40 years.
人们已经做这个游戏40年了
Nobody’d ever come close.
没有人说过接近的数字
So we won the money.
所以我们赢了钱了
On the way home,
回家路上
a pickup truck blows a tire on the highway,
一辆卡车在高速公路上撞到了一棵树
hits us head-on.
迎面撞伤了我们
Lost my leg that night.
那夜我失去了一只脚
What about Sam?
Sam怎样?
Barely a scratch.
仅仅擦破了点皮
Most people would consider themselves lucky,
大部分人会认为他很幸运
but not him.
但是他没有
He was never the same after that.
从那以后他变了
He started keeping a record.
他开始写纪录
He started keeping a record.
纪录一切周围的人
Anything terrible that happened to anyone around us
发生的可怕的事…
he believed it was all because he used those numbers.
他认为这全怪他用了那些数字
He moved us out here in the middle of nowhere, hoping it would stop.
他把我们搬到了这个荒野之地 希望能停止厄运
Did it?
成功了么?
Did he ever find a way to make it stop?
他找到能让厄运停止的办法了么?
Yep.
是的
He put a shotgun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.
他拿着一把短枪放入他的嘴里扣动了扳机
What is it you’re looking for, mr. Reyes?
你怎么了 Reyes先生?
I used them
我用它们…
the numbers
那些数字
to win the lottery.
赢了彩票
And now I think I’m under the same curse.
现在我认为我受到了相同的诅咒
Curse?
诅咒?
There’s no curse.
没有什么诅咒
But you just told me
但你刚刚和我说…
You think I’d still have my leg
你认为我的脚还在
if Sam hadn’t have picked the right number of beans?
如果Sam没有说对豆子的确切数目的话?
You think that floods wouldn’t have happened,
你认为那个洪水就不会爆发了?
that…that homes wouldn’t have burned down,
那个…那个房♥子就不会被烧毁
that people wouldn’t have died?
那些人就不会死?
Well, yeah.
是的
You make your own luck, mr. Reyes.
你的命运如此 Reyes先生
Don’t blame it on the damn numbers.
别怪到这些混♥蛋♥的号♥码身上
You’re looking for an excuse that doesn’t exist.
你只是在找一个并不存在的借口
It’s a trap, right?
这是个陷阱 是么?
For catching animals?
为了抓动物?
Pass me that cup, please?
拜托给我那个杯子?
what’s this gunk?
这黏黏的是什么?
Glue.
胶水
Where’d you find glue?
你在哪儿找到胶水的?
I made it out of rendered animal fat.
我从动物的脂肪里提炼出来的
You made glue?
你会做胶水?
You should have one of those shows where you,
你应该开一个秀场
fix up houses for people.
就在你为人们造房♥子的地方
I don’t think so.
我不这么认为
Thanks.
谢谢
For this –giving me something to do.
为了你…给了我一些做的事情
I’m , tired of trying to remember what happened to me out there.
我 我已经厌倦了想着在那儿发生的我的那些事
How’s that coming?
那些是怎么来的?
Your memory?
你的回忆?
Bits and pieces here and there.
这儿的那儿的一些零零碎碎地小事
Nothing that makes any real sense.
没什么是真正有意义的
Well, maybe I can help.
也许我能帮忙
I’m good at putting bits and pieces together.
我对于将零碎的小东西凑起来很在行
What?
怎么了?
This is familiar…this area.
这儿很眼熟 这块地方
We’re close.
我们接近了
How do you know?
你怎么知道?
I thought she lived underground.
我认为她住在地下
What the hell was that?
那该死的是什么?
Hell of a security system.
该死的防卫系统
Somebody trips a wire, and the whole place blows up.
某人绊到了线 这些地方全炸开了
There’s nothing here.
这儿没东西
The batteries? Nothing.
电池? 没什么
I don’t get it.
我不懂
She knew.
她知道了
She knew that one day I’d come back and bring others.
她知道某天我会回来并且带着别人
So she abandoned this place,
所以她放弃了这个地方
booby-trapped it,
在这儿设了陷阱
and moved on.
然后搬走了
Moved on where?
搬去哪儿?
Do we even know where we’re going?
我们知道我们是去那儿么?
The blast sounded like it came from this way, I think.
爆♥炸♥的冲击波好像是从这边来的 我认为是
But you don’t know.
但是你不知道
Dude, what do you want from me?
伙计 你想从我这儿得到什么
What do I want?
我想要什么?
I wanna know what we’re doing in the middle of nowhere.
我想知道我们来这种荒野之地做什么
And don’t tell me it’s because of some stinking batteries.
别和我说是为了那些该死的电池
One minute you’re happy-go-luckygood-time Hurley
一会儿你是个快乐开心好运的Hurley
and the next you’re colonel bloody Kurtz.
一会儿你又成了血腥讨厌呆板的Kurtz
It just doesn’t make any sense. It’s not you.
这毫无道理 这不是你
Dude, you don’t know me.
伙计 你不了解我
Well, all this time on the island, you’ve told me nothing about yourself.
在岛上的这么多时候 你从没和我说起过你自己
We all got personal stuff, dude.
我们都有隐私 伙计
Don’t change the subject.
别转移话题
We’re lost out here.
我们在这儿迷路了
Jack and Sayid could be hurt, if not blown to bits,
Jack和Sayid如果没被炸成碎片的话那肯定是受伤了
all because you’re acting like some bloody nutter.
全都怪你扮得像个血腥的疯子
I am not crazy.
我没疯
I’ve got my reasons for… I think I have a right to know.
我是有原因的 为了… 我认为我有权利知道
Okay. All right, you wanna know?
好的 你想知道是么?
Yeah.
是的
About a year ago…
大约一年前…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!