Hello.
你们交谈吧
I’ll let you talk.
我们有多少时间?
How long do we have?
视乎需要,多久也可以
As long as we need.
我拒绝了几对夫妇
I’ve already turned down several couples.
她有告诉你吗?
Did she tell you that?

Yeah.
你想要怎样的人?
Well what kind of people are you looking for?
我想听她说完,再跟你谈
I wanna hear from her first before I talk to you.
你必定有想说的话
You must have something you wanna say.
大部份人准备演辞之类
Most people have a speech prepared of some kind.
说啦
Come on.
你期望这次见面是怎样的
What did you expect from this meeting?
我没想过像被召进校长室
Well I didn’t expect to feel like I’d been dragged into a principal’s office.
现在有这感觉 好的
Which is how I feel right now. – Okay.
答得好 来吧
Good answer. – Okay.
我会问你几个问题
I’ll ask you some questions?
你相信神吗?
Do you believe in God?
我在天主教家庭长大
I was raised Catholic.
你相信神吗?
Do you believe in God?
我不算虔诚,但约瑟是
Well I’m not a very religious person but Joseph is.
你不是?
Aren’t you?
你不相信有神创造你、爱你?
You don’t believe that a higher being created you and loves you…
照顾你?
and looks after you?
不,对不起
No. I’m sorry.
你相信什麽?
What do you believe?
我不知道
I don’t know.
告诉我,你相信什麽
Tell me what you believe.
不要
No.
听着,我们不要玩嘢
Look, let’s not play games.
你一是老实告诉我你的想法
You either wanna tell me who you are or you don’t.
否则,我们就走
If you don’t, I’d rather us just part ways.
好的,等等
Okay wait, wait, wait.
坐下来
Sit down.
麻烦你
Please.
我相信我们从虚空中出世
I believe that when we’re born we come from nothing.
死时也回到虚空
And that when we die we go back to nothing.
我们活着的过程
That what we make of our lives…
是意志云、运气…
is as a result of our will and our luck…
个性和一连串掷骰子的结果
the strength of our character and a roll of the die.
你会这样教细路?
And this is what you would teach a child?
是的
Yes.
你会这样教我的细路?
This is what you would teach my baby.
那是我的细路
The baby would be my baby to teach.
你为什麽不叫我收声?
Why didn’t you shut me up?
你为什麽像布景板坐着?
Why did you just sit there like a dummy?
你应该叫我收声,约瑟
You should’ve told me to shut up, Joseph.
你当时在想什麽?
What were you think…
露茜,不要说了
Lucy, Lucy, will you just stop it, please? – No! No!
不要!不要当我是小孩子
Do not treat me like a child.
天呀,露茜
Jesus Christ, Lucy.
见面很糟糕,修女
It didn’t go well, Sister.
她想再约见面
She wants to meet again.
她说什麽?
What did she say?
没有,什麽也没说,但想再见面
Nothing. Not a word, but she wants to see you again.
真难以置信
I don’t believe it.
她星期五早上有空
She can do Friday morning.
星期五我有事
Friday’s not good for me.
那你单独来吧,露茜
Well then you should come in by yourself, Lucy.
你不想失去冲劲
You don’t wanna lose momentum.
是的 是吗?
Yes. – Yes?
谢谢 好的
Thank you. Thank you. – Yup.
谢谢 是的
Thank you. – Yeah.
对不起
I’m sorry.
她走了
She’s gone now.
她永不会看到你的脸
She will never see your face…
你也永不会见到她
and you will never see hers.
你们之间隔着沉默
There will always be a silence between you.
我不想我们是这样
I don’t want that for us.
我和你之间
For you and me.
我心里知道我们有天再会
I know in my heart that we will meet one day
你会原谅我
and you will forgive me.
你妈妈是个好女人,嘉云
Your mother was a good woman, Karen.
我庆幸她不需受很大的苦
I’m glad it was over quickly for her.
她已准备好离开
She was ready.
你怎知道她准备好?
How the hell do you know if she was ready?
她说的
She said so.
她没对你这样说
She said no such thing to you.
她有
She did not.
很明显,我不需你一周来五天
Obviously I don’t need you five days a week anymore.
是的,没必要
You’re right. You don’t.
一天可以了,你拣一天吧
Once is enough. You pick the day.
星期六 不行
Saturday. – No.
我周末想一个人在家
I want the house to myself on the weekend.
我要找别的工作
I’m going to take another job.
星期一至五要上班
And that will be from Monday through Friday.
你可以拣星期六或日其中一天
You can take either Saturday or Sunday.
我要带姬媞来
And Cristi will have to come with me.
我知道你不喜欢她
I know you don’t like her.
不是的
That’s not true.
她懂得不会妨碍你
She knows how to stay out of your way.
代我向所有人问好
Say hi to everyone for me.
多谢光临
Well thank you for coming in.
好的 好的
Okay. – Okay.
你好,我是卫汤美
Hi. Tom Weller.
你好 有什麽可以帮你?
Hi. – What can I do for you today?
我叫嘉云 幸会,嘉云
Karen. – Well it’s nice to meet you, Karen.
嘉云
Karen.

Wow.
你是否…对不起,请坐
Do you… sorry. Sit.
我三年前来过这分行,见到你
I was in this branch about three years ago and I saw you.
我马上逃离,像过上火警般
I ran out of here like the place was on fire.
我妈妈过世了
My mother died.
你怎样了?
How are you?
跟高中的女孩结婚了
You married that girl from NoHo High.
是吗?凯莉? 凯莉,是的
Right? Hailey? – Hailey, yeah.
有仔女吗?
Do you have kids?
有,两仔一女
Yeah- we have two boys, and a girl.
但他们走了,有自己生活
But they’re gone now. They, you know, they have their own lives.
我经常想起你
I think about you all the time.
女儿问我是否在拍拖
My daughter asked me if I was dating.
我不知道怎样回答她
I didn’t know what to tell her.
你跟其中一个律师鬼混
You’re having an affair with one of your attorneys.
双方单身也算鬼混?
Well is it an affair if neither party is married?
任何非正常或短暂的…
An affair is any sexual or romantic relationship…
性关系或恋情,也是鬼混
of an informal or temporary nature.
为什麽,谢谢,顾间
Why thank you, Counselor.
我看过你的尼根案件简报
I read your brief on the Nelligan case.
很出色
It’s outstanding.
你引述埃特对罗省的隐晦案件
You cited Escalante versus L.A. County, which is a very obscure case…
但绝对合适
but perfect for this.
做得好
Good work.
我推荐你领导汤逊案的小组
I’m recommending you to lead the Thomas and Thompson team.
其他律师
You think that’s gonna go over well with Guinness
和得力助手会受得住?
and Wilder and all your wonder boys out there?
你们要接受,律师行是我的
Oh, they’ll have to eat it. It is my law firm.
我要推辞
I’m gonna have to pass.
无论如何,多谢你
Thank you, though.
为什麽要推辞?
Why would you do that?
当过些时候,我搏得晋升
When l’ve been here long enough to win this kind of promotion,
我会接受