忠勇之家
“能单独见你一会儿吗? 我在旧码头等你 文森特·米尼弗”
爱丽丝梦游仙境 作者: 路易丝·卡罗
东山线公车
East Hill bus.
你好 夫人 请快上车 – 哦 好的
All right, lady, on or off, please. – Oh, yes.
人满了 等下辆车吧 – 请买♥♥票
That’s all. Next bus! – Fares, please.
比华利路?- 去哪儿?
Beverly Crescent? – Who?
比华利路 – 下一站下车 转乘19路车
Beverly Crescent. – Get off next stop, take number 19.
请买♥♥票 – 对不起 先生
Fares, please. – I’m sorry, conductor.
能停下车吗?- 现在就下?
Would you mind stopping? – Leaving us already?
我坐错方向了
It’s in the opposite direction.
夫人 那可能是我们唯一到不了的地方
That’s about the only place we don’t go, lady.
请买♥♥票
Fares, please.
哎呀 米尼弗夫人 – 我…
Why, Mrs. Miniver. – You know, l….
别告诉我它没了
Don’t tell me it’s gone.
等一会儿
Just a minute.
哦 我真怕你把它给卖♥♥了
Oh, I was so afraid you’d sold it.
不会的 我们知道你会回来的
No. We knew you’d come back.
我知道它看上去挺傻的 也很奢侈…
I know it’s foolish and extravagant…
…可我就是想买♥♥它
…but I’ve simply got to have it.
好的 快点装好
Yes, pack it up quickly,
别给我时间考虑 我怕我会改变主意的
don’t give me time to think.
小心点 小心点
Oh, careful, careful.
噢 牧师 很高兴见到你
Why, vicar. This is nice.
我也是 我帮你把这些东西放到行李架上去
For me. Let me put those on the rack.
谢谢
Thank you.
噢 这个不用
Oh, no, not this one.
我怕会落在车上 它太珍贵了
I might leave it behind, and it’s rather precious.
是的 我了解这种感受
Yes, I know the feeling.
猜猜这是什么
Guess what this is.
波尔多红酒 – 没那么好
Port. – Worse than that.
雪茄 – 好呀 我丈夫也喜欢
Cigars. – Well, why not? My husband does.
他买♥♥得起 – 我不太肯定
He can afford it. – I’m not so sure.
他有个很奢侈浪费的妻子 – 瞎说
He has a very extravagant wife. – Nonsense.
没错 我总是控制不了自己
It’s quite true. I can’t help it.
我想我就是喜欢好东西
I’m afraid I do like nice things.
有时甚至是些超出我财力的东西
Things far beyond my means sometimes.
噢 比如漂亮的衣服…
Oh, pretty clothes…
…给孩子们上的好学校 还有车 花♥园♥
…and good schools for the children, the car, the garden, you know.
我了解 – 你对这样做也有种莫名的负罪感吗?
Yes, I know. D- oes it give you a lovely guiIty feeling?
是有这种感觉 – 噢 牧师
Lovely. Oh, vicar!
一样的过错 村民们说些什么?
Fellow sinners. What will the village say?
噢 我想村民们认为你是个非常善解人意的人
Oh, I think the village knows you’re a very understanding person.
那正是你做这么多好事的原因 – 希望如此
That’s why you do so much good. – Well, I hope I do.
我希望当他们需要我的时候 我可以帮上忙
I hope I can when they need me.
你的意思是 有麻烦事发生的时候?
You mean, you think there is trouble coming?
我想它来了
I think it’s here.
晚上好 裴尔顿公爵夫人 – 晚上好 牧师
Good evening, Lady Beldon. – Good evening, vicar.
晚上好
Good evening.
噢 如今买♥♥东西真不容易
Oh, shopping’s absolutely impossible nowadays.
你都挤不到柜台前…
You can’t get near the counter…
…当你挤过去时候 它们都卖♥♥光了
…and when you do, they haven’t got it
你得花两倍的钱才买♥♥得到
and you pay twice as much for it.
说的太好了
What a wonderful description.
坐下来吧 辛普森 别吸鼻子
Sit down, Simpson. And don’t sniff!
我整个下午
I spent the whole afternoon
都被那些中产阶级的妇女们推来推去…
being pushed around by middle class females…
…她们就爱买♥♥些自己负担不起的东西
…buying things they can’t afford.
噢 像是在说我呢
Oh, dear, that means me.
噢 不是的 你是玛宁夫人 对吧?
Oh, no, much worse. You’re Mrs. Mannering, aren’t you?
米尼弗 – 噢 对 律师的妻子
Miniver. – Oh, yes. The lawyer’s wife.
不 我丈夫是建筑师
No, my husband’s an architect.
我知道他差不多是从事那一类的工作
I knew he was something of that sort.
我不知道我们国家在做什么
I don’t know what the country’s coming to.
每个人都努力比上一辈人更出色
Trying to be better than their betters.
德国的军队算得了什么
No wonder Germany’s arming.
晚上好 公爵夫人 – 晚上好 波勒
Good evening, your ladyship. – Good evening, Ballard.
晚上好 夫人 – 晚上好 波勒先生
Good evening, ma’am. – Good evening, Mr. Ballard.
哎呀 放哪儿了 牧师 你先来吧
Dear, this bag. Vicar, do go on, please.
那好 再见 – 再见
Well, goodbye, then. – Goodbye.
谢谢
Thank you.
五点钟那班火车 我就在找你了
I was looking for you on the 5:00.
我晚了两分钟 没赶上
I missed it by two minutes.
是不是有些丢人?- 时间不等人
lsn’t that shameful? – Well, time and tide waits for no man.
火车也一样
And trains neither.
夫人 能不能占用你点儿时间?
Are you too late, ma’am, to spare me a moment?
我想给你看样东西 – 啊 我…
I got something to show you. – Well, I…
很特别的东西
It’s something very special.
当然了 波勒先生 让我看看吧
Well, of course, Mr. Ballard. Do show me.
这边请 夫人
This way, ma’am.
谢谢
Thank you.
噢 波勒先生
Oh, Mr. Ballard.
我的杰作
It’s my masterpiece.
多可爱啊
How lovely.
喜欢吗?
You like it, ma’am?
我想它是我见过的最漂亮的玫瑰了
I think it’s the most beautiful rose I’ve ever seen.
它的形状 – 和气味
The shape. – And the scent.
太好了 颜色也…
Divine. And the color….
我喜欢红玫瑰
I adore red roses.
据说 当爱神丘比特在众神之间翩翩起舞时
‘Tis said, as Cupid danced among the gods,
他把神酒撒落人间…
he down the nectar flung…
…滴到了正要凋谢的白玫瑰上面
…which on the white rose being shed,
结果让它从此变成了红玫瑰
made it forever after red.
你在哪里看到的?
Wherever did you find that?
《赫特种子目录》里面 夫人
Hutter’s seed catalog, ma’am.
它很漂亮 但这漂亮来之不易
It’s pretty, but it ain’t true.
一支好玫瑰 夫人 需要好的品种…
What goes to make a rose, ma’am, is breeding…
…栽培和马粪 请原谅我这样说
…and budding and horse manure, if you’ll pardon the expression.
这就是这花和您相象的原因 夫人 – 我?
And that’s where you come in, ma’am. – I?
我想给它起个名字
I gotta have a name for it.
哦 你是想让我给它起个名字
Oh, you want me to name it for you.
不 夫人 我已经想好了…
No, ma’am, I got a name for it…
…但需要经过你的允许
…if you’ll give me your permission.
当然了 但是我不知道…
Why, of course. But I don’t see…
我想叫它”米尼弗夫人”
I want to call it the “Mrs. Miniver.”
请原谅我的无礼 夫人…
If you’ll pardon me, ma’am…
…这么多年来 我看着你进城 回家…
…I’ve watched you go in and out of town for years now…
…每次你总会停下来和我说几句话…
…and you’ve always had time to stop and have a word with me…
…我总是期盼你回来…
…and I’ve always waited for you to come home…
…你让我想起美丽的花朵
…and you remind me of the flower.
我认为”米尼弗夫人” 是个非常好的名字
And I figured it’d be a very good name for my rose.
你都把我夸上天了 波勒先生
It’s a lovely compliment, Mr. Ballard.
我真的很高兴你用我的名字为你的玫瑰取名
I’d be very happy indeed to have you name your rose after me.
哦…
Well….
我必须走了 已经晚很多了
I really must go now. I’m terribly late already.
再见 波勒先生…
Goodbye, Mr. Ballard…
…谢谢你 非常感谢
…and thank you. Thank you very much.
不 不 不 应该谢谢你
No, no, no, thank you.
我想有朵以你名字来命名的花是很美妙的事儿
I think it’s lovely having flowers named after you.
再见 – 再见
Goodbye. – Bye.
谢谢
Thank you!
那是我妻子
That’s my wife.
这车跟新的一样好吧?- 嗯 差不多吧 先生
Good as new? – Well, almost, sir.
是辆好车 但恐怕有点超出我的承受能力
It’s a nice car, but afraid it’s a little more than I can afford.
噢 真遗憾 先生
Oh, I’m sorry, sir.
不过我们也有便宜一些的
We have some nice cars in a cheaper bracket.
但我喜欢这辆
But I like this one.
好 那我把它买♥♥下来
Well, I’m going to take it.
也许你需要好好考虑一下
Perhaps you’d better think it over.
不 我决定买♥♥它了
No, I’m going to take it.
你晚上能把它开过来吗?- 好的 先生
Will you bring it tonight? – Very good, sir.
别让我妻子知道它的价钱