You there, take Mr. Byam’s box to his berth.
嘿 克里斯先生 – 嘿
Ahoy, Mr. Christian! – Ahoy!
抱歉
Excuse me.
早上好 先生
Good morning, sir.
什么也没丢 克里斯先生
Nothing lost, Mr. Christian.
两年的航程 你看我准备的够不够?
Think I’ve got enough for a two years’ voyage?
你比我更了解你的吃水深度
You know your draft better than I do.
伙计 没人能估计出我的吃水深度…
My lad, nobody can estimate my draft…
… 就是我也不行
…least of all myself.
小心 小心 – 怎么晃的这么厉害?
Easy, easy. – What makes her roll so?
这是你的海军
Here’s a navy for you.
今朝有酒今朝醉
Rum in the skimmers today and blood in the scuppers tomorrow.
他是我们船上的医生 我们叫他酒神先生
This is our ship’s surgeon. We call him Mr. Bacchus.
他从来没有告诉过我们他的真名
He’s never told us his real name.
我都想不起来了
I’ve forgotten it.
很高兴认识你
Pleased to meet you.
拜阿姆先生 我还从来没有上过岸
Mr. Byam, I should never have gone ashore.
英格兰只是一个岛屿 所有的岛屿都是一样的
England’s only an island, and all islands are alike.
我要到下面去 扶我一下
I’m going below. Bear a hand.
小心 小心
Easy, now. Easy.
哦 汤姆 我很害怕 这船不吉利
Oh, Tommy, I’m afeard. This ship’s unlucky.
这船改过名字
They’ve changed the name.
哦 我也改过你的名字 对吧?
Well, I changed your name, didn’t l?
难道那也不吉利吗?
Was that unlucky?
哦 汤姆
Oh, Tommy.
一 二 三… 我们有三个人在这儿?
One, two…. Three of us in here?
相比之下 我家里的狗住的窝也比这儿大
My dog at home has a bigger kennel all to himself.
可以想象 我们以后应该好好相处
I can see we shall be as friendly as tomcats in a sack.
史都华先生?拜阿姆先生
Mr. Stewart? Mr. Byam.
欢迎随时来拜访 拜阿姆
Drop in anytime, Byam.
我就在你旁边10英寸的地方
I’ll be just 10 inches away from you.
我的荣幸 史都华先生 – 希望你能喜欢这艘船
A pleasure, Mr. Stewart. – I hope you’ll like the ship.
只要是船我就喜欢 史都华先生 – 新来的
I’d like any ship, Mr. Stewart. – Johnny Newcomer.
哦 是的 拜阿姆先生 海沃先生
Oh, yes, Mr. Byam, the amiable Mr. Hayward.
你好 – 海沃先生已经在海上两年了
How do you do? – Mr. Hayward has been two years at sea.
一个在海上两年的人
And a man who’s been two years at sea
应该知道怎么绑吊床
should know how to lash his hammock.
可你的怎么像法国佬的背包
Yours looks like a Frenchman’s knapsack.
好了 你们都到甲板上去
All right. On deck, all of you.
麦格斯先生?
Mr. Maggs?
先生 现在是布莱舰长
This here Captain Bligh, sir.
嗯 你是他的办事员…
Now, you being ship’s clerk…
… 你称作他是个和善的舰长吗?
…would you call him a gentle officer?
如果我是你 我不会称他任何东西
If I was you, I wouldn’t be calling him anything.
哦 不 不 不 麦格斯先生 不
Oh, no, no, no, Mr. Maggs, no.
不要把人家称作什么东西
Never call anybody anything.
但是我真的希望他很和善
But I do hope he is gentle
因为我是他的勤务兵 而我又很容易被吓到
because I’m his messman and I frighten so easy.
这是我的家庭造成的 麦格斯先生
It runs in our family, Mr. Maggs.
在我出生前 我母亲就被我父亲吓坏了…
My mother was frightened by my father before I was born…
… 等我出生后 我就一直生活在恐惧之中
…and I’ve been frightened ever since.
你知道吗 麦格斯先生?
Do you know, Mr. Maggs,
有多少次了 我害怕得都拿不住杯子
there’s times when I can hardly hold a glass in my hand?
安静 舰长要上船了
Silence. The captain’s coming aboard.
立正
Company, atten!
克里斯先生 让甲板上的无关人员离开
Mr. Christian, clear the decks of this rabble.
好的 先生 大家上岸了 上岸了
Very good, sir. Clear decks. Everybody ashore. Clear decks.
傅兰雅先生 三小时后开船 – 是 三小时后开船
Mr. Fryer, we sail at six bells. – Sail at six bells.
我们有权在这儿 – 下船 乔 下船
We got our rights here. – Off ship, Joe. Off ship.
船开之前我不走
I’m not going until the ship sails.
嘿 你不能这样做
Hey, you can’t do that!
“舰上实施鞭刑” 我们的船在包含在内
Flogging through the fleet. We’re included.
这是对帮提舰的称赞 约瑟夫爵士
Quite a compliment to the Bounty, Sir Joseph.
克里斯先生
Mr. Christian,
两个半小时后 召集所有船员观看鞭刑
pipe the ship’s company at five bells to witness punishment.
你要不要看鞭刑啊?
Would you care to see the flogging?
不了 我唯一知道的就是科学
No. The only discipline I know is science.
怎么用九尾鞭也是科学啊 看看我的水手长
There’s science in using a cat- o’- nine- tails. Watch my boatswain.
我真的要下船了 我上来只是想介绍一下罗杰
I really must be off. I came aboard merely to introduce Roger.
再见 我的孩子
Goodbye, my boy.
这航程不会是鲜花和美酒 罗杰…
This won’t be all cakes and ale, Roger…
… 但是你的家族七代以来都航海
…but your family’s followed the sea for seven generations.
没有人失职过
Not one ever failed in his duty.
你要把这个牢牢记在心里
In a tight place, that’s all you’ll need to remember.
我会尽力的 先生 – 你一定行的 我的孩子
I’ll try to, sir. – Sure you will, my boy.
再见 布莱先生 – 再见 约瑟夫爵士
Goodbye, Mr. Bligh. – Goodbye, Sir Joseph.
“舰上实施鞭刑” 先生 那是什么意思?
What does it mean, sir, “flogging through the fleet”?
军事法庭的判决 一条船上24鞭
Sentence of court- martial, two dozen lashes at each ship.
那人犯了什么罪 先生?
What was the man’s crime, sir?
袭击船长
Struck his captain.
但是那不得至少300鞭了 我不懂为什么…
But that’s over 300 lashes. I don’t understand why- –
难道你不明白吗?这就是军纪
Can you understand this? Discipline’s the thing.
船员就是船员 舰长就是舰长 海军军校学生…
A seaman’s a seaman, captain’s a captain. And a midshipman…
…就是皇家海军的最底层
…is the lowest form of animal life in the British navy.
现在你知道 海军军校学生的地位了吧
Now you know what a midshipman is.
整队
Line up!
举桨
Port oars!
全体船员 脱帽
Ship’s company, off hats!
军法22条 “如果有军官 水手 或者舰上的其它人员…
Article 22: “lf any officer, mariner or other person in the fleet…
…袭击或策划袭击他的上级军官…
…shall strike or offer to strike any of his superiors…
…一经证实 他将接受…
…and being convicted, he shall suffer punishment…
…军事法庭的审判和惩处”
…inflicted on him by the sentence of a court- martial.”
全体船员 戴帽
Ship’s company, on hats!
莫里森先生 24鞭 – 好的 24鞭
Mr. Morrison, two dozen, I believe. – Two dozen it is, sir.
他死了 先生 – 死了?
The man is dead, sir. – Dead?
解散吗 先生?- 什么?
Shall I dismiss the men, sir? – What?
当然不了 我们要继续行刑
Certainly not. We’ll proceed with punishment.
水手长 做你的事
Boatswain, do your duty.
快点 做事
Come along with you. Do your duty!
该死的凶手
Bloody murderer.
拜阿姆先生
Mr. Byam!
24鞭到了 先生 – 莫里森先生 上船
Punishment counted out, sir. – Mr. Morrison, come aboard.
傅兰雅先生 准备出海 – 右舷了望 海面安全
Mr. Fryer, make ready to sail. – Starboard watch, secure for sea.
右舷了望 各就各位
Starboard watch, shorten and cable!
准备上帆
Stand by to go aloft!
舰长快艇 克里斯先生
In captain’s gig, Mr. Christian.
两边注意 升船
Both watches, hoist!
升船
Hoist away!
上帆
Way aloft!
背风离岸
Winds offshore!
你去后桅杆 拜阿姆先生
You’ll take the mizzenmast, Mr. Byam.
出什么事了 不敢上去吗?
What’s the matter, afraid to go aloft?
噢 那可是容易做的 小菜一碟
Why, it’s child’s play.
他们鞭打的那个人
That man they flogged.
他已经死了
He was dead.
上去吧 帮个忙
Get aloft. Bear a hand.
莫里森先生 让他们快干
Mr. Morrison, start those men.
呔嗬
Tallyho!
小菜一碟
Child’s play.
起锚了 先生
Anchors aweigh, sir.
放帆
Let fall!
下来
Down from aloft!
下来 最后一个下来的要挨鞭子
Down from there! A dozen for the coat of the last man down!
求你了 先生
Please, sir!
海沃
Skipper Hayward!
海沃先生
Mr. Hayward!
我来处理 – 拉紧
I’ll take care of him. – Keep hold!
升帆
Hoist away!
确定航向 顶桅帆和主帆
Set courses, royals and gallants!
顶桅帆和主帆
Royals and gallants!
右舷桥 起锚