that you could do something that only you could do.
你知道有一件事只有你能做到
Like fate.
就像命中注定的一样
Enough with the fate, Diana.
别再说什么宿命了
Nyad… – I know what your name means!
耐德… – 我知道你的姓的意思
My father… – He was an asshole.
我父亲… – 他是混♥蛋♥!
Yes, he was an asshole,
对 他是混♥蛋♥!
but he understood my destiny!
但他理解我的宿命!
This isn’t about you or… or your destiny,
重点不是你和你的宿命
this is about me, okay?
重点是我 好吗?
For once this is about me!
就这一次 重点是我!
And… and you don’t… you don’t… you don’t even think of me.
你根本不考虑我
You just… you just want me to, like, tag along with you.
只是想让我跟着你
No, of course I think about you.
不 我当然考虑你
I know what you’re capable of better than you do.
我比你更知道你的本事
Listen to yourself. That is so patronizing. I can’t…
听听你自己说的话 一副高高在上的样子
Look, I know that the world wants me to shut my mouth
我知道全世界都想让我闭嘴
and sit down and wait to die,
坐下等死
but I didn’t think you did.
没想到你也这样
Stop.
别说了
I can’t.
不行
I won’t. I will not accept defeat.
我不会接受失败
Are you with me?
你和我一起吗?
No.
不了
Yeah, but your coach. Here you are, resting up to compete.
对 但是你的教练 你正在休息 为比赛作准备
When your mind and your body have to be in sync.
你的头脑与身体必须同步
And you think I swam well in the state meets?
你觉得我在州际比赛中游得好吗?
He would say, you know, “You can’t tell anyone about this.”
他会说: “这件事你不能告诉任何人
“First, it’s so special.”
首先 这非常特别
“We have something so special, so you can’t tell anybody.”
这是我们很特别的事 所以你不能告诉任何人
“No one will understand.”
没人会明白
“You’ll be kicked out of school and you’ll never be the Olympic swimmer
你会被赶出学校 永远成不了奥♥运♥游泳选手
because you’ll lose me.”
因为你会失去我
“You’re a little girl and you don’t understand,
你是小姑娘 你不明白
but I’m a man and I need this and someday you’ll understand.”
但我是成年人 我有需要 有一天你会明白”
皇冠假日酒店
Attempt number four.
第四次尝试
Here I am at the launch, nerves screaming.
这是我出发时候的场景 特别紧张
No idea what lies ahead of me but resolved by sheer will,
不知道前方会遇到什么 但是凭借着坚强的意志力
compelled by the power of the human spirit.
被人类精神的力量所驱使
Courage.
勇气
Uh, this is Bonnie, my coach.
这是我的教练邦妮
She is in charge of making sure that I get my calories and electrolytes.
她负责给我提供充足的能量和电解质
Bonnie again.
又是邦妮
You… you don’t leave room for imagining defeat.
不能想着失败
You really do believe
每一次都相信
that you’re going to make it every single time,
你会成功的
but…
但是…
Um, I mean,
我是说
four tries and four failures.
四次尝试 四次失败
Okay.

Oh.

Oh come on, Nyad, stupid bitch.
快开啊 耐德 笨蛋!
Yep?
喂?
Uh, are you still mad at me?
你还在生我的气吗?
Because I am so sorry.
我很抱歉
Some of the things I said,
我说的一些话
and my attitude, was… it… out of proportion.
我的态度 过分了
Thank you.
谢谢
And no, I’m not mad.
我不生气
But if you’re asking me to go again, I… I… I just can’t.
但如果你要再找我去 我去不了
You know, I… I got shit going on.
我有我的事要做
Mortgage to pay, you know? I gotta get back to work, you know?
有房♥贷要还 我得回去工作
Life catches up at some point.
到最后总要顾及生活
Yeah, no, I understand.
嗯 我明白
Maybe it just can’t be done, you know?
也许这件事就是不可能做到
What, I’m…
大家对于是否可能的标准
I’m just supposed to accept
如此低下而平庸
everyone’s denigrating and mediocre standards of what’s possible?
就要我这么接受吗?
Bonnie’s done with me, too.
邦妮也不帮我了
Oh, cut the shit, Bonnie loves you.
少来 邦妮太爱你了
You two are family.
你们俩是一家人
You know, it’s not that I don’t know that I’m this way,
我并不是不知道自己是这个样子
that… that I’m so…
我非常…
Radical?
激进?
That’s a nice way to say it.
你真会说
Why is it so hard?
为什么这么难?
Yeah, why is it so hard to be a person?
对 做人为什么这么难?
You know, there was nothing like that feeling,
那种感觉无与伦比
being out there on those days when we were just jamming
那些日子里 我们在海上 充满活力
and… and you were going strong
你状态很好
and the dolphins were following you,
海豚跟着你
and… and me and Bonnie and the team were super in sync thinking,
我和邦妮还有整个团队都很默契
“Hell yeah, we… we can do this. We… we can pull this off.”
觉得我们一定能行 我们当时都相信
This… this crazy thing we all believed in.
能完成那个不可能完成的任务
That high.
那种兴奋的感觉…
Yeah, that… that was some good shit, right?
嗯 确实很爽 对吧?
Yeah, no, I… I never saw that, but I felt it.
嗯 我从来都没看见过 但我感觉到了
Oh, that’s true.
没错
You know, you… you were underwater. – Yeah.
你当时在水里 – 嗯
Singing to myself in the dark.
在黑暗中给自己唱歌♥
Kind of badass, Diana.
确实很牛 戴安娜
Very much so.
非常牛
Well, uh, I… I… I… I’d better…
呃 我得挂了
No, no, yeah, yeah, of course.
好的 没错
Goodnight, John.
晚安 约翰
Goodnight, Diana.
晚安 戴安娜
I’ve been calling.
我一直在给你打电♥话♥
I left messages.
留了几条信息
Diana, I just… I… I don’t wanna get into this again.
戴安娜 我不想再谈这件事
No, no, I know.
我知道
I just wanted to see you, talk to you.
我只是想见见你 和你聊聊
Fine.
好吧
I read in the paper that, uh, Jack Nelson died.
我在报纸上看到 杰克·尼尔森死了
Yeah.

I thought you’d call me.
我想着你会给我打电♥话♥
Well, good riddance.
解脱了
I hate victim shit.
我不喜欢搞受害者那一套
I know you do.
我知道
Yeah, he’s still in the Swimming Hall of Fame
他还是在游泳名人堂里
even after all of us came forward,
即便我们大家都站出来
said we were abused by him, said it in public.
公开说我们被他侵犯
Can you believe that?
太离谱了
God!
天呐!
I… I… I wish I could’ve killed him myself.
真希望我能亲手杀了他
And I would have, too. – Yeah?
我真会动手 – 是吗?
Yeah. – How would you have done it?
嗯 – 你会怎么下手?
Chop his dick off.
把他的鸡鸡剁下来
Oh.

Dull knife, granite cutting board. Just let him bleed to death.
钝刀 花岗岩菜板 让他流血而死
Why granite?
为什么用花岗岩菜板?
I don’t know, that’s just how I pictured it.
不知道 我就是这么想象的
Yeah. Well, he didn’t damage me, he didn’t throw me off course.
我没被他毁掉 也没偏离人生轨迹
I’m good, I’m fine.
我很好 我没事
But then there are moments when it’s like I’m 14 again and…
但有时候会觉得自己又回到了14岁
it’s… it’s like his voice is coming out of me,
就好像我在发出他的声音
and I get so mad at myself.
我非常生自己的气
I mean, why didn’t I fight harder?
我当时为什么不更努力地反抗呢?
I was a force.
我当时很坚强
Oh baby, baby, you know… you know it doesn’t work like that.
宝贝 你知道不是这么简单的
You know that.
你知道的
I do. I do know that.