我们训练几个月 甚至不一定能真的能游
Yeah.

Wanna know my favorite feeling ever?
知道我最喜欢的感觉是什么吗?
When I was… when I was playing racquetball at my peak,
我当时处于打壁球的巅峰状态
and I was 30,
30岁
and it was just me and the girls just goofing off all around the country
我和女孩们在全国到处瞎玩
like brats,
像淘气的小孩一样
you know, and then… then it’s… it’s game day and you get that rush,
到了比赛日 就会非常激动
like, “I’m gonna win, I’m gonna win,” you know?
觉得自己一定要赢
I mean, the only way that I’m gonna get that magic at this age
到了现在的年纪 还想找回那种神奇的感觉 唯一的方法
is through her.
就是通过她
How many more chances are we gonna get to do heart-pumping shit, huh?
我们还有多少机会 能做让人心跳加速的事呢?
So that’s why you’re here.
所以你才来这里
Yeah, that and she needs me.
对 这是一方面 另一方面是她需要我
Don’t ask me why.
别问我为什么
And we really need you. I promise you, it won’t be boring.
而且我们真的很需要你 我向你保证 一定不会无聊
Some people say boring is underrated.
有的人认为无聊也不错
Wild guess, you’re not one of ’em.
我猜你不是这样的人
Yikes. Bad.
哎 很严重
I’m gonna call around, see what people are using.
我打电♥话♥到处问问 看看别人用什么
And, uh, you know, we got some good ideas about how to keep you following the boat.
关于你怎么跟船的问题 我们有许多不错的想法
How you feeling? Ready for the overnight?
你感觉怎么样? 准备好通宵了吗?
Yeah. – Yeah.
嗯 – 额
Yes, yes. – Well, you look great.
是的 – 很好 你状态很好
Look, hardening up. How’s that shoulder? Still seizing up on you?
越来越好 肩膀怎么样? 还抽筋吗?
It’s… it’s not too bad.
还行吧
How about… how about your mind?
头脑上呢?
Like on the long swims?
这么远距离 头脑上准备好了吗?
It’s good.
很好
I’ve got my playlist up to about 85 songs.
我的播放列表加到大概85首歌♥了
Neil Young, Janis Joplin, The Beatles.
尼尔·杨 詹尼斯·乔普林 披头士乐队
If I sing “No Reply” 1,000 times in a row, that’s 9 hours and 45 minutes to the beat.
如果我连续唱《没有回应》1000遍 就等于打9小时45分钟的节拍
I may need one more song, though,
我可能还需要一首歌♥
but it has to be in 4/4 time to go with the stroke.
必须是四四拍 和划水节奏一致
Also, just so you know,
还有跟你提一嘴
if you find yourself going someplace dark,
如果你发现自己情绪低落
you know, find yourself beating up on yourself just…
或者 发现自己开始自责 就..
I said I’m fine.
我说了我没事
Let me do that, okay?
让我来 好吗?
All right.
好的
Okay.

Everybody, all right, listen up.
各位 听好了
So, 24-hour training swim.
即将进行24小时试游
Uh, this is our lovely Dee, she’s our captain.
这位是我们亲爱的迪伊船长
When she’s at the helm, nobody talks to her. All right?
她掌舵的时候 谁都不能和她说话 好吗?
I’ve never heard that woman speak,
我从没听过这女人说话
but she’s the best in the biz.
不过她是行内最棒的
Same goes for the swimmer. When in the water, no talking to her.
对游泳选手也是一样 在水中时 不能和她说话
No joking. Serious business.
不能开玩笑 这是很严肃的事
On our way, let’s go. You guys know each other.
出发 你们俩认识
Hey, Dee.
你好 迪伊
Yeah, the red light was Nico’s idea.
红灯是尼可的主意
We can’t train a spotlight on you.
我们不能用聚光灯照你
That’d send all kinds of creatures after you.
会导致各种生物盯上你
But they don’t like red.
但它们不喜欢红色
If we can’t get something into her gut, her body will start eating itself.
如果不让她吃东西 她的身体就会自噬
So, feedings every 90 minutes, but you never tell her what time it is.
所以每90分钟喂一次 但绝不能告诉她时间
And, uh, you know, try not to… to bump up against the ego.
还有尽量不要触碰她的自尊心
You know, don’t yell at her. She does not respond well to tough love.
不要吼她 她对强硬的爱比较抵触
But don’t baby her either.
也不要把她当小孩
When she starts to hallucinate, you go with it. Okay?
当她开始产生幻觉时 你顺着她 好吗?
Okay, let’s show her.
好的 我们让她看看
Oh, hey, check it out.
哎 看
Bartlett made you a lane so you can stay closer to the boat.
巴特利特给你做了一条泳道 这样你就能不远离船只
You did that? – I did.
你弄的? – 没错
The mind deteriorates along with the body.
头脑与身体的状态一起下滑
When the body weakens and the hallucinations start,
当身体变得虚弱并开始出现幻觉时
it’s like sensory deprivation.
就像失去感官一样
I thought that gulls were dive-bombing my calf
我以为有许多海鸥 在俯冲轰炸我的小腿
and I thought there was blood down the front of my face.
以为我面前都是血
I can barely see.
几乎什么都看不见
The mental stress that you go through is unbelievable,
精神压力极大
just about torture.
完全就是折磨
I was vomiting and I was losing all my strength and…
我当时在呕吐 一点力气都没了…
Can you read what it says after Nyad?
读一下 “耐德” 后面的字 好吗?
That is your name, Diana.
这是你的名字 戴安娜
This is your destiny.
这是你的宿命
So after your turn, I wanna see you increase that stroke rate.
转身之后 你要加快划水速度
Wait, what is that?
那是什么?
Oh, uh…

What? Let me see. – I was just kidding.
是什么? 让我看看 – 我开玩笑的
尼尔森教练
Why are you throwing up?
你为什么吐了?
Because…
因为…
because I just swam for 24 hours.
因为我刚游了24小时
Hey, visas came through. We’re cleared for Cuba.
签证来了 我们可以去古巴了
Better? – Yeah.
好点了吗? – 嗯
All right. High-five.
好的 击掌
Finally tonight,
今晚
someone who was a kind of hero for so many of us,
在我们许多人心目中 她当年是一个英雄
Diana Nyad, the incredible swimmer,
传奇游泳选手戴安娜·耐德回来了
is back and about to embark on something we couldn’t believe.
她即将踏上我们无法相信的征程
哈瓦那 古巴
set her sights on conquering a feat that has eluded her for 30 years.
她要征服 这萦绕了她30年的未竟壮举
I hope to encourage unity
我希望促进
and good relations between our two countries.
两国的团结和良好关系
A connection.
加强双方的联♥系♥
And I can’t wait to set off as soon as the weather allows.
真希望合适的天气赶快到来
Thank you.
谢谢
Uh, you know what?
对了
I… There’s something I wanna say to all of you.
我有话想对大家说
As we await the signal from Mother Nature,
在等待大自然信♥号♥♥的同时
I signed a contract with my soul to never, ever give up.
我和我的灵魂订下誓约 永不放弃
You’ve all sacrificed a great deal.
你们都作出了巨大的牺牲
No money, no perks, no guarantees.
没钱 没好处 没保障
But I can think of no worthier cause for such sacrifice.
但没有比这更值得牺牲的事业了
My life’s mission, dare I say my destiny,
我毕生的使命 也可以说是我的宿命
to fight the wildly unpredictable conditions,
与变幻莫测的自然条件作斗争
to tangle with the elements.
与恶劣天气抗争
I will be the first Nyad.
我将成为第一个 “耐德”
If you look my name up in the dictionary, you will see…
如果在字典里查我的姓
That’s great. – literally “water nymph.”
戴安娜 好的 – 会看到 “水中仙子‘宁芙’”
Thank you so much. And… and… to… to… to destiny.
太感谢了 敬宿命
To all of us. To Cuba. Okay? – To Cuba.
敬我们所有人 敬古巴 好吗? – 敬古巴
To waiting for the weather. – Yes.
敬等待合适天气 – 对
If we don’t get out in a couple of weeks, temp drops.
如果我们不能在几周内出发 温度就会下降
A year down the drain. – Yeah.
一年的努力付诸东流 – 对
So, how’s it looking?
情况怎么样?
I… I got three different forecasters,
我有三份不同的天气
both for weather and the axis of the stream.
及洋流预报
One in Maryland, one in Washington,
一份马里兰州的 一份华盛顿的
one in the Miami Hurricane Center.
一份迈阿密飓风中心的
I’m… I’m comparing their models. – And?
我在比对他们的模型 – 结论呢?
And it’s Russian Roulette.
结论是全看运气
We might have a window when this clears. Might.
这次天气好转之后 我们也许有一个时间窗口
I’d put our chances at marginal to fair.
我们的机会在较小到尚可之间
Hey.

I gotta get out of here.
我得出去
Go for a run or something.
去跑个步什么的
Have you looked outside?
你看外面了吗?
Yeah. Well, I have to stay ready.
嗯 我得时刻准备好
Uh, you are ready.