Yeah, this is Mother Nature.
斗不过大自然
Honestly…
说实话
I’m not even sore.
我都不觉得痛
I’m not kidding.
我没开玩笑
pushed Nyad far east off her charted course.
将耐德向东推 偏离原定航线
Keep in mind that she is now 61 years old.
要知道她现年已经61岁
At 28 she also tried the same swim and had to quit then too
28岁时 她也尝试了这项挑战
because of rough weather and these extremely strong currents.
也是因为汹涌的洋流和恶劣的天气 而被迫放弃
I’m bummed. I was rooting for her. I wonder if she’s gonna try a third time.
我很失望 我之前一直在为她加油 不知道她会不会第三次尝试
Thank you, everyone!
谢谢大家
2011年 9月 23日
年龄:62岁 | 七周之后
距离基韦斯特166公里
You just gotta be careful with her lips.
你得小心她的嘴唇
We got the oxygen here and, uh, don’t touch that when new.
氧气在这里 别碰…
And, uh, Bartlett?
巴特利特?
Say hi to Jon Rose, our new lead medic.
和我们的新任首席医生乔恩·罗斯 打个招呼
Welcome to the Titanic.
欢迎来到泰坦尼克号♥
Don’t listen to him. He’s a chronic defeatist.
别听他的 他是惯性失败主义者
Happy to meet you. – Low expectations are key to happiness.
幸会 – 低期待值是幸福的关键所在
Don’t let the swimmer hear you say that.
别让游泳选手听到你这么说
Hey, hey, Diana, can you slow the pace a little?
哎 戴安娜 你能不能放慢一点速度?
You’re at 58 strokes a minute,
你现在的速度是每分钟58次划水
so just… just take it down.
慢一点
All right. – Wait, are you timing her?
好的 – 等等 你在给她计时吗?
Yeah, I can hear it.
嗯 我能听到
You know, the slap of her hands on the water with the strokes.
她划水时手拍水的声音
That’s how psychotic I’ve become.
所以我才变得这么神经错乱
I gave her some of that coffee gel. You know, she’s off like a rocket.
我给她吃了咖啡凝胶 现在游得像火箭一样
Hold her back as long as you can.
尽量让她慢一点
My stick readings say the current’s gonna be roaring in a couple hours.
测量仪器显示 几小时后洋流速度会暴增
All right.
好的
Looking good, folks, looking good.
各位 情况看起来不错
Watch out for icebergs.
小心冰山
距离基韦斯特126公里
♪ You can smile ♪
♪ Every smile for the man ♪
♪ Who held your hand Beneath the pale moonlight ♪
♪ But don’t forget who’s taking you home ♪
♪ And in whose arms you’re gonna be ♪
♪ So, darling Save the last dance for me ♪
Fire, fire, fire! Help! Fire! – Di-Diana, what is it?
着火了!救命啊! – 戴安娜 怎么了?
All right, Diana. – Help!
没事 戴安娜 – 救命啊!
Diana, I’m right here. I’m right here. – Fire, fire!
戴安娜 我在这里 – 着火了!
Diana, I’m right here. Easy, easy, easy, easy.
戴安娜 我在这里 别着急
Here he comes. – Oh shit!
他来了 – 妈的!
What is it? Some jellyfish? – Oh Jesus!
怎么了? 水母吗? – 天呐!
It’s not a man o’ war!
不是僧帽水母!
Luke, call the UMiami lady and… and describe it.
路克 给迈阿密大学的女士打电♥话♥ 给她描述一下
Fire, fire, fire, fire, fire!
着火了!
Jon Rose, get closer to her.
乔恩·罗斯 靠近她一点
Get her to the boat. – No! Don’t touch me!
让她到船这边来 – 不要 别碰我!
Nobody’s gonna touch you.
没人会碰你
We’re not gonna touch you. Just get closer to the boat.
我们不碰你 你靠近船一点
We need you closer. – Get ’em out!
再靠近一点 – 把他们拉上船!
Diana!
戴安娜!
Diana, now! Get closer to the boat.
戴安娜 快!靠近船一点
Give her the shot! Give her the shot!
给她打♥针♥
There you go. Oxygen, please.
好了 氧气 麻烦
UMiami says it sounds like a box jellyfish.
迈阿密大学那边说可能是箱型水母
They shouldn’t be here. They can kill.
这里不应该有才对 可能致命
Holy hell. Let’s get him out the water.
真♥他♥妈♥的 把他拉上船!
All right. Um, I’m gonna pull you out. – Jon Rose? Get him out!
好了 我把你拉上来 – 乔恩·罗斯! 把他拉上来!
No, stay.
不行 不能上船
Diana, this is your life.
戴安娜 这关系到你的性命
My life. My life.
我的命
No.
不行!
No!

No stay. Swim.
不上船 要游
It’s fine. – All right.
没事 – 好的
Breathe in through your nose and out your mouth.
用鼻子吸气 用嘴巴呼气
Breathe in with this. There you go.
用这个呼吸 来
Here you go. Take this. Take it from me. Take it from me.
给 拿去 拿去
That’s it.

Put it right up there. Give me a good breath. One good breath.
放在上面 深呼吸
Good.

Don’t…
不想…
don’t wanna give up.
不想放弃
Don’t… don’t wanna give up.
不想放弃
I know, I know.
我知道
So, she wants to keep going.
她要继续游
She’s stable.
她稳定下来了
So, what’s our position?
我们现在在什么位置?
Are you serious?
你不是吧?
She could die at any second and you wanna know our position?
她随时可能没命 你还问我们在什么位置?
The hell are we doing here?
我们这是在干什么啊?
It’s her dream. Right?
这是她的梦想 对吧?
It’s… it’s her call.
由她来决定
And we’re already all the way out here.
而且我们都已经到这里了
Yeah.

All right.
好吧
If you can live with it.
你良心过得去就行
Just read me our position, please.
麻烦说一下我们的位置
So the UMiami folks think
迈阿密大学的人认为
that the box jellyfish came up off the shallow reef when we left Cuba.
箱型水母是在我们离开古巴时 从浅水礁上来的
Global warming. Apparently, they’re breeding like crazy.
全球变暖 它们显然在疯狂繁殖
But they should be behind us now.
但现在应该在我们身后了
And, uh, Bartlett said that we didn’t drift too badly
还有 巴特利特说我们没有偏移太多
because you were doing so good before.
因为我们之前做得非常好
Good time, you know?
时机很好
But you got to take it easy. All right? Slow.
但你不能着急 好吗? 慢一点
All right, let’s go.
好的 出发
All right, everybody, we’re going.
各位 出发了
Come on! Yeah! Yeah, yeah, yeah!
加油!好!
It’s for the jellyfish.
防水母的
Just in case.
以防万一
Fantastic.
好极了
The stop kill us?
之前停下会害死我们吗?
Trying to make a correction
要调整一下 稍微往东北偏移了一点
for a little northeasterly drift, but I like our position.
不过目前的位置不错
Wow. You never like our position.
哇!你从没说过这样的话
I know.
没错
I gotta tell you, Bon, she’s making up time.
她在迎头赶上
We’re 45.2 statute miles from the marina.
我们现在距离码头72.7公里
She keeps going like this, we’re gonna see Florida before sunrise.
她保持现在的状态 日出之前 我们就能看到佛罗里达
Look at you.
看看你
You’re good to go.
可以出发了
Looks good. Beautiful.
很好看 很漂亮
Onward.
前进
Yeah.

This is why we swim that extra lap,
所以我们要多游一圈
this is why we run that extra mile,
多游一公里
this is why we push you to your limit every single day.
所以要每天逼你们到达极限
You give me everything you got out there,
在水中全力以赴
all your heart, all your strength, all your focus,
全身心投入 全神贯注
I guarantee you you’re gonna leave here a champion.
我保证你们拿冠军
You hear me? – Yes.
听到了吗? – 听到了
Panthers on three. One, two, three.
数到三喊 “黑豹” 一 二 三
Panthers!
黑豹!
Dig deep, Nyad. Come on!
加油 耐德!
Come on! Come on!
加油!
Come on, come on!
加油
Come on, Nyad!
加油 耐德!
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! You did it!
好!你成功了!
No!
别这样!