《星际大战》
《欧比王肯诺比:绝地归来》
1B第一镜
One B. Take one.
(《星际大战》特辑)
这可能是你第一次
This is probably one of your first roles
演出科幻电影
in a strictly fantasy-type film.
你觉得有什麽特别的挑战吗?
Do you feel that it has presented any particular challenges to you?
从头到尾都是挑战
Challenge from top to bottom.
我之前从未参与过任何科幻作品
Now, I’ve never done anything remotely to do with science fiction before.
但在我看来,这无关过去、现在或未来
But then, as I see it, this has nothing to do with past, present, or future.
《星际大战》可以出现在任何地方
Star Wars could be in any of those areas.
乔治卢卡斯建议我参考日本武士
George Lucas suggested to me something of a samurai warrior,
智者,也有点像僧侣的角色
something of a wise man, a kind of monk-like character.
得有个角色让观众支持
You’ve got to be rooting for someone
你在本片中就是这个角色
and I think you certainly are in this picture.
你好
Hello there.
来,小朋友,别怕
Come here, my little friend. Don’t be afraid.
我清楚记得第一次看
I remember clearly the first time
《星际大战》 我大概五、六岁
I saw Star Wars. I was five or six.
我生于苏格兰一座小镇,我和哥哥
I came from this very small town in Scotland and, me and my brother,
(伊旺麦奎格) (欧比王肯诺比/监製)
我们进城看电影
we went to the big city to watch it.
我们不知道是什麽片
We didn’t really know what it was, or…
结果是《星际大战》
That it was Star Wars, you know.
之后我反覆看了无数次
And then I watched it a billion times.
有录放影机后,看了一遍又一遍
When we got a video player, we watched it over and over and over.
我们记得每句台词
We knew every single line of it.
一直看到画面煳成一团
We watched it till it was just colors on the screen.
录影带都磨损了
It was so worn out, you know.
当时我不知道亚历坚尼斯的作品
And Alec Guinness, of course, I didn’t know his work.
我还小,但我知道他是欧比王肯诺比
I was only a kid. But I knew him as Obi-Wan Kenobi,
他就是这个经典的传奇角色
and he’s this iconic, legendary character.
你若把我击倒,我将比你想像的更强
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
九岁时,我决定以后想当演员
By the time I was nine, I’d decided I wanted to be an actor.
我惊叹他的生涯成就
And I just… I wondered at his career.
然后我要演出欧比王肯诺比
Then when I got cast as Obi-Wan Kenobi,
我尽可能多看他年轻时拍的片
I tried to watch as many films as I could of him as a young man.
试着想像他年轻的样子
To try and imagine him as a younger person.
这部影集很特别
This series is special
因为以前我很爱饰演这个角色
because it’s a character that I loved playing back in the day
现在能再演一次
and I get the chance to do it again.
(伊旺麦奎格)
(製作第1天)
大家早
Good morning, everyone!
欢迎参加正式开工首日
Now, welcome to our first official day.
也是伊旺参与的第一天
This is also our first official day with Ewan,
他不仅是欧比王肯诺比 也身兼製片及合伙人
who not only is Obi-Wan Kenobi but is also a producer and a partner on the show.
十分感谢,过了好久…
Yeah. Thank you so much. It’s been a long time…
终于要开始了 -是啊
It’s been a long time coming to this. – Yeah, I know.
我们已经讨论了很多年
Many years, we’ve been talking about doing this
令人兴奋的是现在真的要开拍了
and it’s exciting and unbelievable almost that here we are.
开始排演
Rehearsal up!
开始排演
Rehearsal’s up!
祝好运,来吧
Good luck. Here we go.
(黛博拉周) (导演)
这部影集的欧比王肯诺比故事
This series is the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi in the intervening years
介于前传和正传三部曲之间
between the prequels and the original trilogies.
故事开头绝地所剩无几
We’re starting in a moment where the Jedi are gone,
并遭到猎杀,由帝国掌权
they’re being hunted, the Empire is in control.
这时期一切都很黑暗
Everything’s a very dark period.
我们试着用很多方式回答
So, in many ways, we’re trying to answer the question of,
「在《西斯大帝的复仇》结尾
“How did he go from Revenge of the Sith
「悲痛不已的他如何将心境
“with all the pain and the tragedy at the ending to,
「转化到《曙光乍现》的平静?」
“sort of, the calm and the peace of A New Hope?”
我觉得执导这部影集
Takin’ on the series, for me,
是莫大的荣幸,让我进入这个神话
it was hugely an honor to be able to enter into this mythology
接续拓展这个银河 其中有丰富且精彩的角色
and to inherit this galaxy with such rich, amazing characters.
但同时我也得说好故事
But at the same time, I also need to tell a story.
我不是乔治,不能照抄
And I can’t copy what George did, I’m not George,
我必须用这些角色说我的故事
so I have to tell my own story with these characters.
我认为诀窍是找出两者的平衡
I think the trick has been to find the balance between those two things.
这是欧比王肯诺比
Meet Obi-Wan Kenobi.
伊旺在整个开♥发♥过程投入甚深
Ewan was very involved all through the whole development,
他是很有创意的合伙人
and he was such a lovely creative partner.
他不只是一名演员
He’s more than just an actor.
对我而言,他就是欧比王
He, to me, is Obi-Wan.
伊旺的年龄正适合再次扮演此角色
And Ewan was kind of the exact right age to play this character again.
当初我听说他们要拍前传三部曲
When I first heard that they were doing Episode I to III
要找人演欧比王肯诺比
and they needed an Obi-Wan Kenobi,
我完全想不到会是我
I definitely didn’t think it was for me.
这种大製作,不会有我的事
I thought, “This isn’t who I am,” just because of the scale of it.
我觉得自己是独♥立♥演员
I felt like I was this indie actor.
(伊旺麦奎格) (伦敦试镜面试)
这角色有三个人选
There was three of us for the part.
我前去试镜
And I went in and I did a screen test.
在当下会不由自主改变
You can’t help but change when it goes on.
人人都能成为最… -当然,尤其是演员
Everyone can just be the most… -Of course. Especially actors,
那是我们的专业 -对
’cause that’s what we do. -Yeah, yeah.
我心想自己不会参与这种大♥片♥
I thought, “No. I’m not gonna be doing something that big.”
但事实是,我很想加入
But the truth was, I really wanted it.
因为在我心中
I wanted it because
对《星际大战》正传有着情怀
of how I’d felt about the original three Star Wars films.
不久后,听说我中选了
Shortly thereafter, I heard that they’d offered it to me,
我兴奋不已
and I was so beyond excited.
你好 -你好吗?
How are you? – Hi. How are you doing?
还行吗?
You all right?
故事的症结是你反对魁刚带着这孩子
The crux of the story is you object to Qui-Gon bringing this kid along.
而他的遗愿是
Mmm-hmm. -So, his last dying wish to you
要你照顾这孩子
is that you carry on with the kid
于是你答应了他
and you’re sort of saying, “Okay, I’ll do it.”
其实你不想,但你还是做了
But you’re really not up for it. But you do it anyway.
这个责任你不想承担
You’ve taken on this obligation that you don’t really want
你也无力承担
and you’re not really capable of,
但你在最后答应了师♥父♥临终的託付
but you promised your dying master that you would do it, so, that’s where it ends.
我和乔治一起参观片场
I had a walk around the studio with George.
我们到了一处还在搭建的潜艇场景
We went into a stage where they were making the submarine
那是连恩、阿梅德贝斯特和我的戏
that Liam and Ahmed Best and I end up in.
我很兴奋地看着潜艇,然后说
And I was so excited, I looked up at it, and then I went,
「乔治,我们会搭潜艇下水吗?」
“George, will we go underwater in it?”
他看着我说:「什麽?」
And he just looked at me and he went, “What?”
我说:「开潜艇潜水啊」
And I said, “Will we submerge in it?”
我又兴奋又期待
I was so excited that we might.
他说:「那些都不是真的」
And he said, “It’s none of it real, you know.”
我默默地感到失落
And a little part of me went… – Huh.
当你走进了那个世界
Like, that feeling of when you get into the world of it,
你当然不会飞上太空
like, of course you’re not flying through space, you know.
但是我心想
But somewhere in my head,
也许还是有机会上天下海之类的
I thought maybe I would get the chance to do something like that.
稍后我们到了道具製作部
And then later on, we went into the props-making department
道具师拿出一个木箱
and the props master brought this wooden box out.
然后打开来
And opened it up.
裡面有好几把光剑
And there was lightsabers in there.
我可以挑选自己的光剑
And I got to choose my one, you know.
那时我才真的意识到
And that was the real moment where I realized what was going on,
这是挑选欧比王光剑的重要时刻
that this was an important moment. To pick Obi-Wan’s lightsaber.
我等了好几週
I’ve been waiting for this for weeks.
每天早上我都在想是不是今天挑选
Every morning I’d say, “I wonder if it’s today I’ll get to choose.”
我想像不到这部片的规模
I don’t think I’d imagined the scale of it.
完全不像我之前拍的片
And it was unlike anything I’d ever done.
很有意思,过了二十年
It’s so interesting now, 20 years later,
那些喜爱前传的观众
the love that there is for those films
当年锁定的目标观众
from the generation who they were made for,
对那些小孩来说
the children then.
我们拍的前传是他们的《星际大战》
The films that we made are their Star Wars, you know.