应该说一点都不像 他不是食神的儿子
Gusteau had no children, and what of the timing of all this?
食神根本没子嗣 为什么偏偏出现在这时候?
The deadline in the will expires in less than a month!
距遗嘱继承截止日 剩下不到一个月
Suddenly, some boy arrives with a letter
突然有个男孩带着一封信出现
from his recently deceased mother claiming Gusteau is his father?
说是过世不久的老妈交给他的 还声称食神是他老爸
Highly suspect!
这太诡异了
This is Gusteau’s? Yes, yes, yes.
这是食神的遗物吗? 是的
May I? Of course.
可以吗? 请便
But the boy does not know.
但那男孩并不知情
She claims she never told him, or Gusteau, and asks that I not tell.
她说她并未告诉小林或食神 也要求我别说
Why you? What does she want? A job for the boy.
她到底想干什么? 为了那男孩的工作
Only a job? Well, yes.
只为了份工作? 没错
Then what are you worried about? If he works here,
那你担心什么? 只要他在这工作
you’ll be able to keep an eye on him while I do a little digging.
当我调查时 你可以监视他
Find out how much of this is real.
看看真相到底如何?
DNA样本 I will need you to collect some DNA samples
我要你帮忙收集那孩子的
from the boy. Hair, maybe.
头发就行了
Mark my words. The whole thing is highly suspect.
记住 整件事非常可疑
He knows something.
他一定知道些什么
Relax, he’s a garbage boy. I think you can handle him.
放心好了 他只是个清洁工 你应该应付得了
What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
I’m cutting vegetables. I’m cutting vegetables?
我在切菜 这叫切菜吗?
No! You waste energy and time!
不 你在浪费时间和精力
You think cooking is a cute job, like Mommy in the kitchen?
你认为烹饪好玩吗? 像厨房里的妈妈?
Well, Mommy never had to face
妈妈不用面对晚餐尖峰时间
the dinner rush when the orders come flooding in,
那些如雪花飘来的菜单
and every dish is different and none are simple,
而且每道都不一样 又偏偏复杂的菜色
and all of the different cooking times,
所有的菜色烹调时间都不一样
but must arrive on the customer’s table
上菜到每一位客人的桌上
at exactly the same time, hot and perfect!
必须准时且热腾腾又完美
Every second counts, and you cannot be Mommy!
分秒必争 不能像老妈般慢吞吞
What is this? Keep your station clear!
这是什么? 工作台必须保持干净
When the meal rush comes, what will happen?
当餐单涌来 谁知道会出什么事?
Messy stations slow things down.
凌乱的工作台会减低效率
Food doesn’t go, orders pile up. Disaster.
食物送不出去 餐单堆积如山 这会是一场大灾难
I’ll make this easy to remember.
记住这句话
Keep your station clear, or I will kill you!
保持工作台干净 否则我会杀了你
Your sleeves look like you threw up on them.
你的袖口别在食材上晃来晃去
Keep your hands and arms in, close to the body. Like this. See?
把你的手臂向身体靠紧 像这样看到了吗?
Always return to this position.
永远保持这个姿势
Cooks move fast. Sharp utensils, hot metal, keep your arms in.
烹饪动作俐落 小心锐利烫手的餐具 手臂要内缩
You will minimize cuts and burns and keep your sleeves clean.
可以减少刮伤烫伤 同时让袖口保持干净
Mark of a chef: Messy apron, clean sleeves.
厨师准则: 肮脏的围兜、干净的袖口
I know the Gusteau style cold.
我深谙食神的风格
In every dish, Chef Gusteau always has something unexpected.
食神的每一道菜 总会有出人意料的点子
I will show you. I memorize all his recipe.
我会示范给你看 我熟记每一道食谱
Always do something unexpected. No. Follow the recipe.
总会有出人意料的点子 不 跟着食谱做
But you just said that… No, no, no.
但是你刚刚说… 不不不
It was his job to be unexpected. It is our job to…
创意是食神工作的一部分 我们只要负责…
Follow his recipes. Follow the recipe.
跟着食谱做 跟着食谱做
How do you tell how good bread is without tasting it?
要怎么知道面包是否新鲜?
Not the smell, not the look, but the sound of the crust.
不要用闻的 也不要用看的 听用手捏面包皮发出的声音
Listen.

Symphony of crackle. Only great bread sound this way.
像交响乐般的碎裂声 只有好的面包才有这种声音
The only way to get the best produce is to have first pick of the day
最上等的食材 是最早采收的那一批
and there are only two way to get first pick.
获得的方法有两种
Grow it yourself, or bribe a grower.
自己种 或者贿赂种植的农人
Voila! The best restaurant get first pick.
没错! 最好的餐厅 总是有办法弄到最好的食材
People think haute cuisine is snooty. So chef must also be snooty.
高级餐厅总被认为是高尚的 所以厨师也是
But not so. Lalo there ran away from home at 12.
其实不然 莱龙12岁时逃家
Got hired by circus people as an acrobat.
被马戏团拉去当杂耍
And then he get fired
然后他被开除了
for messing around with the ringmaster’s daughter.
因为跟团长女儿幽会
Horst has done time.
霍斯特坐过牢
What for?
为什么?
No one know for sure. He changes the story every time you ask him.
没人确实知道原因 因为每次答案都不一样
I defrauded a major corporation.
我诈骗了一家大公司
I robbed the second largest bank in France using only a ballpoint pen.
我用一支笔 抢了法国第二大的银行
I created a hole in the ozone over Avignon.
亚维农(法国古城)上空的臭氧层 被我挖了一个大洞
I killed a man with this thumb.
我用这根大姆指杀了一个人
Don’t ever play cards with Pompidou.
别和巴比度玩牌
He’s been banned from Las Vegas and Monte Carlo.
他是拉斯维加斯和 蒙地卡罗的拒绝往来户
Larousse ran gun for the Resistance. Which resistance?
莱鲁曾为反抗军效命 那一国的反抗军?
He won’t say. Apparently, they didn’t win.
他不肯说 显然他们失败了
So you see.
所以你看看
We are artist, pirate. More than cooks are we.
这其中有艺术家、海盗 我们不只是厨师
We? Oui. You are one of us now, oui?
我们? 当然 你是我们的一份子
Oui. Thank you, by the way, for all the advice about cooking.
哦! 谢谢你 还有 给我那么多有关烹饪的忠告
Thank you, too. For what?
我也谢谢你 为什么?
For taking it.
接受我的忠告
The rat!
老鼠!
But he is a… I just dropped my keys.
那明明是… 我掉了钥匙
Have you decided this evening?
决定今晚吃什么了吗?
Your soup is excellent. But… But we order it every time.
你们的汤很棒 不过… 我们每次来都点了
What else do you have? Well, we have a very nice foie gras.
还有别的名菜吗? 我们有很棒的鹅肝
I know about the foie gras.
我知道鹅肝
The old standby, used to be famous for it.
那是老招牌菜了 以前做的很棒
What does the chef have that’s new?
大厨还有别的新菜色吗?
Someone has asked what is new! New?
有客人要点新菜色 新菜色?
Yes. What do I tell them?
我该怎么说?
Well, what did you tell them? I told them I would ask!
你怎么跟客人说? 我说我进来问看看
What are you blathering about?
你们吵些什么?
Customers are asking what is new. What should I tell them?
客人问我们是否有新菜色 我该怎么回答他们?
What did you tell them? I told them I would ask!
你说了什么? 我说我进来问看看
This is simple.
简单
Just pull out an old Gusteau recipe,
从老食谱里挑一样
something we haven’t made in a while…
一样我们很久做过的…
They know about the old stuff. They like Linguini’s soup.
客人对老食谱了若指掌 他们喜欢小林的汤
They are asking for food from Linguini?
客人指名小林掌厨?
A lot of customers like the soup. That’s all we are saying.
很多客人喜欢那道汤 我们不是都这么说吗?
Were we saying that?
我们说过吗?
Very well. If it’s Linguini they want
很好 既然指名小林掌厨
tell them Chef Linguini has prepared something special for them.
就告诉他们 小林厨师已经准备特别的料理
Something definitely off menu.
菜单上没有的私房菜
Oh, and don’t forget to stress
别忘了强调
its Linguini ness. Oui, chef.
小林私房菜 主厨
Now is your chance to try something worthy of your talent, Linguini.
现在是你表现才华的时候了
A forgotten favorite of the chef’s, sweetbread a la Gusteau.
一道早被遗忘的食神名菜 香烤羊胸腺
Colette will help you. Oui, chef.
乐乐会帮你的 主厨
Now, hurry up. Our diners are hungry.
快点! 我们的客人饿得很了
Are you sure? That recipe was a disaster.
你确定吗? 那道菜是个灾难
Gusteau himself said so.
食神自己也这么说
Just the sort of challenge a budding chef needs.
把它当作新厨师必经的挑战
Sweetbread a la Gusteau.
“香烤羊胸腺” ”
Sweetbread cooked in a seaweed salt crust
“把羊胸腺放在咸海藻壳中烹烤” ”
with cuttlefish tentacle, dog rose puree,
”佐以乌贼触须、犬蔷薇浓汤” ”
geoduck egg, dried white fungus?
”蚌卵 干白蘑菇?” ”
Anchovy licorice sauce.”
”?鱼甘草酱” ”
I don’t know this recipe, but it’s Gusteau’s, so…
我不熟这道菜 但这确实是食神食谱的一部分
Lalo! We have some veal stomach soaking, yes?
莱龙! 我们还有新鲜的小牛肚吗?
Yes! The veal stomach, I get that.
有! 非常新鲜 才到手的
Veal stomach?
小牛肚?
Okay.
好的
I’ll be right back. Where…
我马上回来…
Hey, I got to… Hey!
我必须…
Don’t mind me. I just need to borrow this real quick.
借用一下这个 别介意
Let’s see, over here…
让我看看 在那边…
I’ll be back.
马上回来
Thank you.
谢谢
Excuse me. I’m going to…
抱歉! 我要去…
Apparently, I need this. I’ll be right…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!