The boy is blameless.
孩子是无辜的
That’s my girl.
这才是我的女人
Cack!
该死!
You all right? You’re looking pointy.
你还好吧?一副杀气腾腾的样子
What’s the news from Ostia?
奥斯提亚那边有什么消息?
Three grain ships from Alex in. Mussa’s people.
亚历山大港那边来了三船谷物 穆萨的人运来的
Have a cup of wine. Set you up.
来杯酒吧,提提神
Take 25, no less.
照25的价格收费,不能再少了
Give the lading to Ajax.
把装船的活儿给阿贾克斯
Well, Mussa will complain.
啊,恐怕穆萨要抱怨了
If he does, cut out his tongue.
他敢,我割了他的舌头!
You think I’m joking?
你以为我在开玩笑?
I’ll see to it now.
我这就去处理
Vorenus…
乌瑞纳斯
Nothing.
没事儿
Memmio of the Caelian is here.
西莲地区的曼米欧来了
He asked to see you.
他想见见你
Salve, Memmio.
你好,曼米欧
Please sit down.
请坐
Weather’s turning. I like a bit of heat.
天气变了啊,我还是喜欢暖和一点
What brings you to the Aventine, Memmio?
你来艾文台有什么事,曼米欧?
No chitchat. Straight to cases. I like that.
不兜圈子 直切主题,我喜欢这样
A young nephew of my colleague Carbo here
我手下卡尔波的一个侄子
was defiled by an Aventine man.
被一个艾文台的人给玷污了
Name of Quintus Bubo. You know him?
他的名字是昆特斯·布波 你认识他吗?
I know him.
我认识他
With your permission, Carbo wishes to avenge his family’s honor
如果你允许的话,卡尔波希望 能为了家族的荣誉进行报复
and kill this Quintus. The boy’s only 12.
干掉这个昆特斯 那孩子才12岁
He was sucking his cock for pennies.
他为了钱去帮人吹♥箫♥
He was paid, then?
这么说他是收了钱的?
Yes, but he didn’t ask me first.
是的,他没有先来问过我
The boy was paid.
这孩子收了酬劳了
Nobody in my family sucks cock without I say so.
我家的人不经我允许不能去干这种事
Carbo is from respectable people.
卡尔波也算是有名望的人
The boy took money.
那孩子拿了人家钱
He was working as a prostitute.
他干得是妓♥女♥的活儿
Quintus Bubo’s committed no offense. You won’t touch him.
昆特斯·布波没有对你不敬,不许碰他
Brother Vorenus, perhaps you misunderstand.
乌瑞纳斯,我的兄弟,也许你误解了
I misunderstand nothing, brother.
我没误解什么,兄弟
I’ve been given strict mandate by Mark Antony to maintain the peace.
我从马克·安东尼那里直接受命维持和平
Quintus Bubo is a man of property and respect.
昆特斯·布波是个有头有脸的人
You will not touch him.
你们不准碰他
Money or not though, he took advantage of the boy.
不管有没有算上钱的事 他占了那孩子的便宜
Perhaps some moderate form of punishment…
也许给他适当的惩罚…
We come to you out of politeness. A mere formality.
我们是已经忍♥不下去了才来找你的 这只不过是走个形式
I’ve given you my answer.
我已经给了你们回答了
Wrong fucking answer.
这答案根本就他妈是错的
This maggot pisses on my name, on my family honor.
这只蛆虫玷污了我的名声 和我家族的荣誉
Control your man, Memmio.
管好你的手下,曼米欧
Vorenus, the man has a fair point.
乌瑞纳斯,这人说得有道理
Silence, Pullo!
闭嘴,波罗!
Brother Vorenus, in all candor,
乌瑞纳斯,我的兄弟,坦率地说
even your own man knows…
就连你自己的人都明白…
My man doesn’t know when to keep his mouth shut.
我的人不明白什么时候该闭嘴
I’ve given you my decision.
我已经告诉你们我的决定了
And we graciously accept your judgment.
那么我们很荣幸地接受你的裁决
I thank you for your time
耽误你的时间了
and I apologize for the disruption.
我为这小小的争端道歉
You didn’t have to insult me in front of…
你用不着当着这么多人侮辱我…
Do not question my authority in front of others.
绝对不要在别人面前质疑我的权威
Do not question my authority under any circumstances.
任何时候都不要质疑我的权威
Authority?
权威?
Hard being the boss?
当老大不容易吧?
Good stuff.
真是好东西
Is it? How does one tell?
是吗?这东西感觉如何?
Try.
试试就知道
Hold your breath.
屏住呼吸
It’s horrid.
好可怕
In a minute, you’ll feel delicious.
稍等片刻,就会感觉十分美妙
You know Jocasta.
你认识乔卡斯塔
Do I?
我认识吗?
We met at the theater last year. I was with… What are you doing?
我们去年在剧院里见过 我当时陪着… 你们在干什么?
We’re inhaling hemp.
我们在吸大♥麻♥
I can see that.
我看得出来
You’re making the whole house stink.
你们让整间屋子臭气薰天
In future, do it outside if you must. Yes, Mother.
以后,如果你非要吸,就到外面去 好的,母亲
Is it any good? Excellent.
这东西好用吗? 简直一流
Give it here.
拿过来
I brought back two sacks from Macedonia.
我从马其顿带了两袋子回来
So much better than the Italian kind.
比意大利货好多了
Macedonia?
马其顿?
Papa has quarries there.
嗯,我爸爸在那儿有个采石场
We’re going there when Antony takes up his governorship.
等安东尼任期结束之后 我们也会去那儿
My dear, it’s ghastly.
那儿情况怎么样? 我亲爱的,那儿真是吓死人
Filthy climate, vile food, beastly people.
天气混浊不堪,食物难以下咽 人如同野兽一样
Perhaps you didn’t mix in the best society. Oh, no, Papa is hideously rich,
也许你没有融入上流社会 啊,不是的,爸爸很有钱
but there’s no society to be found.
不过那里没什么上流社会可言
The men are overly fond of fucking their sheep.
那儿的男人喜欢干自己的羊
And when you meet the women, you can hardly blame them.
如果你见过那儿的女人 也就没理由责备他们了
It truly is the end of the world.
那儿绝对是世界末日
I’m no snob, Octavia,
我并不是个势利眼,奥克塔维娅
and I don’t mind that you bring home a tradesman’s daughter…
你带商人的女儿回家我还不介意
but let’s just stop there, shall we?
可是标准就不要再往下降了,好吗?
No actors, no gladiators, or that sort of thing, ne?
别带演员,或者角斗士 或是这之类的人,懂吗?
Don’t mind her.
别理她
She’s been an infernal grump since Octavian left.
自从屋大维走了之后 她就变得跟恶鬼附身一样
Send to ask Antony when he’s coming home. No, don’t.
找人去问问安东尼 他什么时候回家,不,算了
A fig for him.
管他呢
Yes, domina. Timon is waiting,
好的,女主人,泰门正等着
asking if it pleases you to see him.
他问你是不是能见见他
Domina.
女主人
Domina… Go away.
女主人 走吧
But Merula said… Changed my mind.
但是玛如拉说 我改变主意了
Hello, Duro.
嘿,杜罗
Yes, it’s good.
噢,爽啊
It’s good.
真爽
Very good!
太好了!
Hello, Abba. We’re learning Hebrew.
早啊,阿爸,我们在学希伯莱文
I can see that. They’ll be reading Torah in no time.
我看见了 他们很快就可以读经♥文♥了
I can’t wait.
我都等不及了
You came in very late last night.
昨天晚上你回来得相当迟啊
Business.
公事
Business involving wine, vomit and sex.
花天酒地,耳鬓厮磨的公事
I’m sorry, did I disturb you?
真抱歉,难道我让你心烦了吗?
No, not at all.
不,一点也不
But do please wake me before you come at me so.
不过在你上来弄我之前记得先把我叫醒
It would be a little less…
会让人感觉不那么…
alarming.
受惊吓
I was thinking about Macedonia.
我在想关于马其顿的事
Were you?
是吗? 我们一定得去吗?
Do we have to go? Can’t we just… stay here?
难道我们不能留在这儿吗?
No.
不行
Once my consulship is over, we’re gone.
等我的任期一结束,我们就走
But it’s so far from Rome.
可是那儿离罗马太远了
They have dressmakers
那儿也有裁缝
and jewel merchants in Odessa just like here.
和珠宝商,在那不毛之地和在这儿都一样
Once you’re gone from Italy
一旦你离开意大利
your enemies will no longer fear you
你的敌人就不再害怕你了
and you will be powerless to strike at them.
你会再也没力量击垮他们
I don’t want to strike at them.
我不想击垮他们

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!