Steve…
我会努力做你的好妻子
I’ll try to make you a good wife.
那只懒猫呢
Where’s the cat?
-谁 -达拉斯啊 他在吗
-Who? -Dallas. Is he around?
应该在某处吧 或许是楼上
He’s around somewhere. Upstairs… maybe.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们等下出去玩 来吧 我去叫他们
Look, let’s go out later. Come on, I’ll get the boys.
史蒂夫 在我告诉我哥前你最好别声张
Steve, I’d rather you didn’t say anything to anybody until I tell my brother.
哦…你还没告诉他呢
Oh… you haven’t told him yet.
我明天一早吃饭时就跟他说
I’m telling him in the morning at breakfast.
苏茜 要不要我陪着你一起说
Susie, don’t you want me to be with you when you tell him?
不用
No.
史蒂夫 我哥也没大家说的那么坏 他是不完美…
Steve, my brother isn’t as bad as he’s painted. He’s not perfect…
但他不会喜欢这件事的 他会为难你 而不是我
But he isn’t gonna like this, and he makes you nervous, not me.
我 我收回这句话 他也会为难我的
No, I take that back. He makes me nervous too.
史蒂夫 别说我哥了
Oh, Steve, let’s don’t talk about my brother.
我这几天好想你
I missed you the last few days.
我有句话要告诉你
I have a message for you.
我爱你
I love you.
我把下一首曲子献给你好吗 还有下下一首
May I dedicate the next number to you, and the next, and the next?
-每个星期天我都送你一顶帽子 -如果商店开门的话
-And every Sunday I’ll buy you a new bonnet. -If the stores are open.
然后星期一我把帽子脱掉 抚摸你棕色的秀发
And on Monday I’ll take it off and stroke your light brown hair.
星期二呢 亲爱的
And on Tuesday, Hasenpfeffer?
知道我是什么时候发现爱上你的吗
When do you think I realized I loved you?
我帮你创作歌♥曲的时候
When I helped you write a beautiful song?
你让我吃那盘中国菜的时候
You had me eating that Chinese food.
你好
Hi.
加我一个可以吗
Can more than two enjoy this?
你答应我的宣传资料呢
Where are those glossy prints you promised me?
今晚是最后期限了
I can’t place ’em later than tonight.
再次感谢 但这事就算了吧
Thanks very much just the same. Let’s forget about it, huh?
走吧 苏茜 这里太冷
Come on, Susie. It’s cold out here.
很抱歉帮你上了报纸啊
Let me apologize for getting you a press spread.
能义务为你服务非常荣幸
It’s been an honor serving you gratis!
法科 我感觉你就在不停地打探消息
You know, Falco, I get the feeling you’re always snooping around.
你知道吗…
You know…
兄弟们 吵什么呢
Boys, what are ya fightin’ about?
杀了我吧 把我从窗子推出去
Kill me! Push me through a window somewhere!
我是不请自来
I walked into this hallowed ground without knocking.
我心情太好不想吵架
You know, I feel too good to fight with you,
我没说你别的 只是说你爱打听
but that isn’t what I said. I said you snoop.
比如 那天晚上你在我酒店附近干嘛
What were you doing around my hotel the other night?
你说什么啊 我都几年没去包厘街那边了
I beg your pardon. I haven’t been in the Bowery in years.
得了 别吵了
Come on, boys, break it up.
你下次想知道些什么 不用像条狗一样鬼鬼祟祟
Look, the next time you want any information, don’t scratch for it like a dog.
像个人一样 开口问就是
Just ask for it like a man.
你要是回家 苏茜 我送你
If you’re goin’ home, Susie, I’ll drop ya off.
史蒂夫 我们该表演了
Steve, it’s time for us to hit again.
-马上来 齐克 -好的
-In a minute, Chico. -Okay.
-头疼 -只是太兴奋了
-Headache? -It’s all the excitement.
我回家早点睡觉 你去工作
I’ll go home and go to bed early, and you go to work.
好的 但是别心情低落着离开
Okay. Just don’t leave me in a minor key?
别跟我说 你竟敢耍了李奥·巴萨
Don’t tell me you’ve been playing around with Leo Bartha.
不 这就是我要说的 我是因为自己没做的事被炒
No, that’s what I mean. I’m bein’ fired for what I didn’t do.
上周一个阴雨的晚上 他来这里
He came in last week on a real dull, rainy night.
我知道他是谁 但没表现出来
I knew who he was, but I didn’t let on.
他整晚都盯着我 你在听吗
He kept starin’ at me all night. Are you listenin’?
-当然…他盯着你 然后呢 -一直盯着
-Avidly, avidly. Um… he was staring. -Starin’.
后来他出去时来找我搭讪 我当然不奇怪
Consequently, when he approached me on his way out, I wasn’t surprised.
他那时在写一份周日特稿…
He was doing a special Sunday piece on…
关于香烟女郎 所以很自然…
Cigarette girls. And naturally…
你很激动能接受采访
You were thrilled about being interviewed.
那么…你”接受采访” 了吗
And, uh, were you… “interviewed”?
去了他家
In his apartment.
-他老婆呢 -不知道 房♥子挺大的
-Where was his wife? -I don’t know. It’s a big apartment.
不过没有采访
Only I wasn’t interviewed.
而是发生了我完全意料不到的事
In fact, I was totally unprepared for what happened.
得了 小妞 咱俩可是互相知根知底
Oh, come on, chickie. We’re friends from way back.
大牌专栏作家不带老婆来夜♥总♥会♥…
A big columnist comes into this club without his ball and chain…
你又表现得半推半就
and you make like a delicatessen counter.
还跟他回家 你说他会怎样
What did you expect he was gonna do in his apartment?
可是希尼亲爱的 那人当时一定是疯了
But Sidney, sweetheart, the man musta been out of his mind.
那才是早上11点
It was only 11:00 in the morning.
我当时很惊讶 正犯困时说什么胡话都有可能
I was so taken aback, I said anything that popped into my sleepy head.
没记错的话 我甚至让他滚出他自己家
If I’m not mistaken, I think I even ordered the man out of his own house.
他气坏了 等我的神志稍微清醒后…
He was furious. And by the time I coulda been put in a tropical-island mood…
已经被扫地出门
I was out on the street.
那天晚上范·克里夫把我叫到办公室
That night Van Cleve calls me into his office.
他说 他不是针对我
He’s got nothing against me, he says…
只是不能得罪专栏作家
only he can’t afford to antagonize columnists.
于是我告诉他 我还要供桑尼上军校
So I tell him how I still have Sonny at the military academy.
希尼 你可以想办法吗
Sidney, do you think you could do something?
我正在想 丽塔 可能吧
Uh, that’s what I’m thinking, Rita. Maybe.
希尼 你的钥匙还放在门毯下面
Sidney, do you still keep your key under the mat?
两点半你能来吗
Can you be there at 2… 30?
你太敏感了 希尼 别这么敏感
You’re touchy, Sidney. Don’t be so touchy.
放过这小子吧 以后路还长着呢
Do a guy a favor. Well, live and learn.
-你想不想吃点东西 -不用
-You want a bite? You want something to eat? -No, no.
百老汇1619号♥
1619 Broadway.
希望你和史蒂夫能相处融洽
I wish you and Steve could like each other.
我们…正好不太融洽
We, uh… We stick in each other’s craw.
为什么
Yes, but why?
一方面 他认为杰哥是个怪物
For one thing, he thinks J.J. is some kind of a monster.
你不这么认为吗
Don’t you?
苏茜 杰哥是我最好的朋友之一
Susie, J.J. happens to be one of my very best friends.
我知道 但我想知道你那聪明的脑瓜里…
I know, but someday I’d like to look into your clever little mind…
对他真实的看法
and see what you really think of him.
此话怎讲
Where do you come off makin’ a remark like that?
你怎么会喜欢一个
Who could love a man who makes you
令你像狗一般跳火圈的人
jump through burning hoops like a trained poodle?
你觉得杰哥真会喜欢史蒂夫吗
Do you think J.J. really likes Steve?
说实话 是的 我也很惊讶
Frankly, yes, much to my surprise.
他认为他很有才华 他们几人前途无量
He thinks he’s a big talent, and those boys’ll go a big mile, he thinks.
-你对达拉斯一往情深吧 -是的
-You feel pretty strong about Dallas, don’t you? -Yes.
-要结婚了 -我明早会跟我哥谈的
-Wedding bells? -I’m discussing it with J.J. in the morning.
我很开心 有人爱的是我这个人…
Makes me feel good to know that some people want me for myself…
而不是因为我哥的身份
not just because I’m my brother’s sister.
拜托 别逗我发笑了
Come on, I’m just gonna have to laugh at that…
你这么迷人
an attractive girl like you.
希望他是真喜欢史蒂夫 而不是假装
I hope J.J. likes Steve, that he isn’t just putting on an act.
他干嘛要假装
Why should he put on an act for him?
小妞 他对总统都可以发号♥施令
Chickie, he’s told presidents where to go and what to do.
那假装大概是为了我吧 而不是史蒂夫
The act would be for my sake, not for Steve’s.
等等 我马上回来
Wait for me. I’ll be back in a minute.
苏茜
Susie.
我想跟你说句话
Look, I want to talk to you a minute.
苏茜 别瞧不上你哥哥
Susie, don’t sell your brother short.
跟他好好谈 你会发现和他是能像朋友般交心的
Talk this over with him. You’ll find him a real friend.
-假如我见到他 你要带什么话 -告诉他我说…
-In case I see J.J., any message? -Tell him from me…
史蒂夫是我第一个真正爱上的男人
that Steve is the first real man I’ve ever been in love with.
去”21″ 俱乐部
“21.”
抱歉让下 等等…吉米
Excuse me. Hey, wait… Hey, Jimmy!
这么巧啊 我正要找你…
What a coincidence! I was just on my way…
是啊 碰上你整周都在躲的人的确很巧
Yeah, a coincidence running into the very man you’ve been ducking all week.
这是我的媒体经纪人 琼
This is my press agent, Joan.
我打了你两次电♥话♥ 但你的线路…
You know I tried to call ya twice, but your line…
每周一百块雇你用来干嘛 让你搞砸啊
What do you do for that hundred a week? Fall out of bed?
吉米 我正要去…
Jimmy, I was just on my way…
琼 报♥警♥吧 把这个小偷抓起来
Joan, call a cop. We’ll have this kid arrested for larceny.
-乐队在罗斯兰的时候 是我…-那是两个月前了
-Listen, when the band was at Roseland… -That was two months ago.
把你的手从我口袋里拿出去 小偷

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!