噢 我认为现在比以往更加有必要
Oh, I think now more than ever
出席那个会议
it is imperative that I be there.
没有任何事可以阻止我去作证
Nothing will keep me from testifying.
该死的绑♥架♥
Fucking kidnapping.
我不明白 先生
I don’t understand, sir.
难道我们不认为绑♥架♥是一件好事吗
Aren’t we considering the kidnapping a good thing?
可他没有死
Well, he didn’t die.
他几乎被杀了 先生
He was almost killed, sir.
那就是关键
That’s the point.
现在他看起来象一位受害者 幸运的混♥蛋♥
Now he looks like a victim, lucky bastard.
我听说特区警♥察♥发现你全身赤♥裸♥地
The way I heard it, D.C. Police found you naked
美国总统林肯纪念堂中的雕像
躺在林肯跨部上
laying in Lincoln’s crotch
全身贴满尼古丁片 胸口有一个记号♥
covered in nicotine patches with a sign across your chest
上面写 -他不需要知道细节
that said… -He doesn’t need to hear the details.
是一些很操蛋的东西
It was some pretty fucked up shit.

Shh!
你觉得怎样
How are you feeling?
我不知道
I don’t know.
这是第一次我觉得香烟非常危险
First time I’m thinking these cigarettes are pretty dangerous.
你也许是对的
You might be right about that.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
他也许个头小 不过威力十足
It may be small, but it’ll do the trick.
一枪 砰
One shot, bam.
听着 尼克不会射任何人
Listen, Nick is not going to shoot anyone.

Cool.
对 不是吗
Yeah, huh?
我意思是 呃
I mean, uh…
枪♥支♥应被很尊敬地对待 你明白吗
guns are to be treated with respect, you understand that?
你会成为好父亲的
You’ll make a great father.
谢谢
Thanks.
嘿 他来了
Hey, there he is!
嘿 他回来了
Hey, he’s back!

Hey!
欢迎回来
Welcome back.
你还好吗 -非常好
You okay? -Great.
太好了 所有周日的谈话节目都预约了你
Good, ’cause you’re booked on all the Sunday talk shows.
第一次我们得到了公众的同情
For once we got public sympathy on our side.
我们可以开始我们的有名受害者的巡游了
We can start our own little celebrity victim tour.
我是说 我们自己都不能策划得更好了
I mean, we couldn’t have planned this thing better ourselves.
噢 也许下次我可以丢一个肺
Oh, maybe next time I can lose a lung.
噢 啊 我听说 呃
Oh. Uh, I heard the, uh…
希瑟·荷罗威的文章明天要发表了
Heather Holloway article is coming out tomorrow.
真的
Really?
对 有什么东西我应该担心的吗
Yeah, anything I should be worried about?
对 癌症协会
Uh, yeah, the Cancer Association.
显然 他们对我们怀恨在心
Apparently, they have it in for us.
混球
Fuckers.
怎么了
What?
我接到了通报社的电♥话♥
I got a call from the paper.
是吗 他们想怎样
Really? What’d they want?
他们想知道我的名字和工作头衔的正确拼写
They wanted the correct spelling of my name and job title.
你没有告诉她关于我们的事吧 有没有
You didn’t tell her about us, did you?

Who?
希瑟
Heather?
没有
No.
我是说 可能顺便说过 我
I mean, maybe in passing, I…
顺便
In passing.
噢 天 他跟她上♥床♥了
Oh, God, he fucked her.
我曾经警告过你
I tried to warn you.
喂 他没跟她上♥床♥ 你没跟她上♥床♥ 对吗
Hey, he didn’t fuck her. You didn’t fuck her, did you?
什么时候
When?
顺便
In passing.
她真的很好
Look, she’s a really nice girl.
噢 天哪
Oh, God.
我们真的完蛋了
We’re really fucked.
尼克·內勒 是烟草业的代言人
“Nick Naylor, lead spokesman for big tobacco,
“会让你相信他认为香烟是无害的
“would have you believe he thinks cigarettes are harmless.
但确实 他这么做只是为了还债”
“But really, he’s doing it for the mortgage.
此人是本片的原作者
MOD小组的意思 当然 死亡商人
The MOD squad-meaning, of course, merchants of death-
是由为适度委员会的宝丽·贝利
is comprised of Polly Bailey of the Moderation Council
鲍比·杰·布利斯组成
and BobbyJay Bliss
他来自军♥火♥行业 自己的顾问团 SAFETY
of the gun business’s own advisory group, SAFETY.
内勒解释道
As explained by Naylor,
他们聚会的唯一目的
the sole purpose of their meetings
就是比谁的死亡数字最高
is to compete for the highest death toll
从而比较用来骗美国人♥民♥上当的策略
as they compare strategies on how to dupe the American people.
电影 《来自六元空间的消息》
The film, Message from Sector Six,
会强调吸烟的吸引力
would emphasize the sex appeal of cigarettes
以一种好莱坞明星可以做到的
in a way that only floating, nude,
漂浮的 裸体的性♥交♥场面
copulating Hollywood stars could.
这没有阻止尼克贿赂一个将死的人
This did not stop Nick from bribing the dying man
以一整箱的现金作为代价 来使他在最近的肺癌诊断
with a suitcase of cash to keep quiet on the subject
的事件上保持沉默
of his recent lung cancer diagnosis.
尼克的亲生儿子 乔伊·內勒
Nick’s own son, Joey Naylor,
看来将会被培养成他事业的接♥班♥人
seems to be being groomed
因为他每次的公务出差
for thejob as hejoins his father
多数都会带上他
on the majority ofhis trips.
希瑟在一号♥线
I have Heather Holloway on line one.
希瑟
Heather.
嗨 尼克 你觉得怎么样
Hey, Nick, what did you think?
希瑟 恩 我
Heather, uh… I…
我说 希瑟 这篇文章有很多信息
I mean, there’s a lot of information in here, Heather,
都是不可引用的
that is off the record.
你从来没说过不能引用的事
You never said anything about off the record.
我假定我跟你上♥床♥时 讲的事都都是内部消息
I presumed anything said while I was inside you was privileged.
尼克
Nick…
如果你想在飞机上谈
If you wanted to talk on a plane
或者看电影和吃饭时谈 那没问题
or at a movie or over dinner, that would have been fine.
但你想做♥爱♥
But you wanted to fuck.
对我来说没事
That’s fine by me.
你利用我
You used me.
噢 尼克 得了吧
Oh, Nick, come on.
我们别小孩子气了
Now we’re being children.
我们都热爱自己的事业
Look, we both love our jobs.
我只是一名记者 而你只是一位说客
I’m just a reporter, and you’re just a lobbyist.
你怎能这样对我
How can you do this to me?
为了还债
For the mortgage.
婊♥子♥
Bitch.
娼妓
Whore.
你当时得多小心点啊 尼克
You should have been more careful, Nick.
你破坏了你被绑♥架♥时建立的良好形象
You’ve destroyed all the good will created by your kidnapping.
我们去着手辩驳她
Well, we’ll work up a rebuttal.
希瑟·荷罗威不是城里唯一的记者
Heather Holloway isn’t the only reporter in town.
不 没什么要辩驳的了
No, there isn’t going to be any rebuttal.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
不要跟任何人说
Don’t talk to anyone.
我们要取消你去国会听证会
We’re pulling you from the congressional hearing.
不 不 不 你不能取消我去参加国会听证会
No, no, no. You can’t pull me from the congressional hearing.
你这样只能给她的文章增加可信度
All you’ll be doing is giving credence to her article.
我准备好去作证了
I’m ready to testify.
听着 尼克 我工作的一半都是做风险控制
Look, Nick, half of my job is damage control.
今天 这就意味着
Today, that consists
把我们和你完全地隔离开
of distancing ourselves from you entirely-
让你吃这篇文章所有的苦
letting you take all the heat on this article.
你的工作依赖与你守秘密和
Your job relied on your ability to keep secrets
扭转真♥相♥的能力
and spin the truth.
我不能想象
I just cannot imagine a way
你还能把事情弄的更糟
in which you could have fucked up more.
我不能再把你当做我的下属了
There’s just no way I could possibly keep you on staff.