Alright gentlemen,
好了 先生们
if you would turn to page four of your contract.
请你们打开合同的第四页
That’s the first set of signatures to go over.
这是第一份需要签字的文件
I just have to ask you one thing.
有一件事我不得不问
Something I’ve never understood.
这件事我总无法理解
Alright.
问问看
That day we met, we gave you the tour.
与你初次见面那天 我们带你参观了餐厅
Uh-huh. What about it?
是的 然后呢
We showed you everything.
我们把所有东西都展现给你了
The whole system, all our secrets.
整个运作系统 我们所有的商业机密
We were an open book.
我们就像一本敞开的书
So why didn’t you just…
但你当时为什么不直接…
Steal it?
窃取创意
Just grab your ideas, run off, start my own business
直接偷走创意 一走了之 再利用那些创意
using all those ideas of yours. Would have failed.
开创自己的事业 我很可能会失败
How do you know?
你怎么知道
Am I the only one who got the kitchen tour?
难道我是唯一参观过你们厨房♥的人吗
You must’ve invited lots of people back there.
你们肯定邀请过很多人参观过
And?
所以呢
How many of them succeed?
有多少人成功了呢
Lots of people started restaurants.
很多人都开始经营餐馆了
As big as McDonald’s?
但能做到像麦当劳这么大吗
Of course not.
当然不行
No one ever has and no one ever will.
没人能够做到 也不会有人做到
Because they all lack that one thing
因为他们都缺乏一样东西
that makes McDonald’s special.
一样能让麦当劳与众不同的东西
Which is…?
是什么
Even you don’t know what it is.
连你都不知道是什么
Enlighten me.
请不吝赐教
It’s not just the system, Dick.
不单纯是因为这个系统 迪克
It’s the name.
而是因为名字
That glorious name, McDonald’s.
这个华丽的名字 麦当劳
It can be anything you want it to be.
你可以让它成为任何事物
It’s limitless, it’s wide open.
像个大开的门 蕴藏无限可能
It sounds…
发音听起来…
it sounds like…
发音听起来像是…
It sounds like America.
听起来像是美♥利♥坚♥
As compared to “Kroc”.
比如和克洛克这名字相比
What a crock. What a load of crock.
什么瓦罐 成堆的瓦罐
Would you eat a place named Kroc’s?
你会在一个叫克洛克的地方吃饭吗
Kroc’s has that blunt Slavic sound.
克洛克的发音像生硬别扭的斯拉夫语
Kroc’s. But McDonald’s, oh boy.
克洛克 但是麦当劳 天啊
That’s a beauty.
这个发音真是绝妙
Yeah, a guy named McDonald.
是的 名为麦当劳的家伙
He’s never going to get pushed around in life.
一辈子都不会受到欺负
That’s clearly not the case.
显然不是这么一回事
So, you don’t have a check for
这话说的 就像你口袋里并没有装着
$1.35 million dollars in your pocket?
一张写着135万美金的支票一样
Bye, Dick.
后会有期 迪克
So if you can’t beat ’em, buy ’em.
所以如果你无法打败对手 你就收买♥♥他们
I remember the first time I saw that name
我记得当第一次看到
stretched across your stand out there.
你们档口挂着那个名字的时候
It was love at first sight.
我就一见钟情了
I knew right then and there, I had to have it.
我在当时就知道 我必须要得到它
And now I do. You don’t “Have” it.
现在实现心愿了 你并没有”得到”它
You sure about that?
你确定吗
Bye, Dick.
再见 迪克
As per the terms of your agreement,
根据你们签订的合同款项
while you are entitled to maintain ownership of this
你们有权保留该餐馆实体
location, you no longer have the right to call it McDonald’s,
但是无权使用麦当劳这个名字
McDonald or any such variation
或任何类似麦当劳的衍生名
so as to confuse or infringe
以免侵犯麦当劳公♥司♥的版权
upon the McDonald’s trademark which is now the exclusive
该商标现已专属于麦当劳公♥司♥
intellectual property of Mr. Raymond A. Kroc.
是雷蒙德·A·克洛克先生名下的知识产权
Thank you, gentlemen.
谢谢两位先生的配合
It’ll be alright.
阳光总在风雨后
Now, I know what you’re thinking.
现在 我很清楚你们在想什么
How the heck does a 52-year-old, over the hill,
为何一个五十二岁的老伯 过了知天命的年纪
milkshake machine salesman, build a fast food empire
推销了半辈子奶昔机 可以建立一个快餐帝国
with 1600 restaurants, in 50 states,
拥有1600家分店 横跨全美五十个州
five foreign countries,
在海外五个国家设立门店
with an annual revenue of in the neighborhood
全年收入高达
of 700 million dollars?
大约七亿美金
One word, persistence.
只有一个词 坚持
Nothing in this world can take the place
世上没有什么能够替代
of good ol’ persistence.
“坚持”这个词
Talent won’t…
才能不能
Nothing’s more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
有才能的不成功人士随处可见
Genius won’t.
天赋不能
Unrecognized genius is practically a cliché.
不被赏识的天才还少吗
Education won’t…
教育不能
Why the world is full of educated fools.
世上无处不行走着受过教育的白♥痴♥
Persistence and determination alone are all powerful.
只有坚持和果断才是力量之源
Mr. Kroc? Will Davis.
克洛克先生 我是威尔·戴维斯
I’d like to do a profile of you pegged to the opening
知道您将开设第一百家分店
of your hundredth location.
我想对您做一个专访
Sure. Call my office.
当然可以 打电♥话♥给我公♥司♥
Sure thing.
没问题
Alright.
好吧
It’s these core principles that enabled me to
就是这两种核心品质
rise to the top of the heap at a point in life
让我在大多数人想要退休的年纪
when most men would be thinking about retirement.
走向了人生巅峰
Why, we appear to have that in common, Governor Reagan.
我和里根州长似乎在这方面有共同点
Why, you were what, 55 when you started in politics?
里根 你五十五岁了才开始步入政坛
It’s why you make me look like a spring chicken.
这让五十二岁才创业的我看上去像个毛头小子
Laugh, laugh, laugh.
全场一片笑声
Why look at us, a couple of Illinois boys made good.
看看我们 两个伊利诺伊州小子成就了伟业
Only in America.
只会发生在美国
Only in America.
只会发生在美国
Only in America!
只会发生在美国
Now where was I?
我讲到哪了
Ah, yes. The beginning.
对 故事的开始
The year was 1954,
那是1954年
the place,
故事开始之地
des plaines, Illinois.
是在伊利诺伊州的德斯普兰斯
Car is out front now.
车已经在门口了
Be right down.
我很快就下来
That’s where it all started.
故事开始的地方
Right there on Lee Street.
就在李街上
McDonald’s number one.
麦当劳一号♥店
It was a typical English-American word,
麦当劳是个典型的美式英语词汇
it flowed. McDonald’s.
它的发音是流动的 麦当劳
I liked the sound of it.
我喜欢它的发音
It sounded wholesome and it sounded genuine.
它听上去很有益健康 而且原汁原味
You know? Ahh, I don’t like these umm…
我不喜欢那些
Gimmick type names, you know?
花里胡哨的名字
Burger this and burger that and all that kind of stuff.
什么汉堡这个 汉堡那个 那类型的名字
McDonald’s, it’s got a nice sounding name.
麦当劳 它的名字就很响亮
Nobody had eight multi-mixers in one business.
从没有人一次性买♥♥过八台多轴奶昔搅拌机
So I went out there.
所以我去登门拜访
And I was amazed!
然后深受震撼
They were serving hamburgers for fifteen cents.
他们出♥售♥十五美分的汉堡
French fries for ten cents and milkshakes for twenty cents.
十美分的法式薯条 二十美分的奶昔
And basically that was the menu, and I said,
菜单上有的基本就这几样 于是我说
that’s for me.
给我各来一份
Now I have ultimatums, you know.
现在我可以下最后通牒了
Except that I’d like to be able to say that.
除此之外 我希望自己有能力提出要求
I bought the agreement back from them for two million,
我花费了270万美金
seven hundred thousand dollars.
从他们那里买♥♥下了协议
I got the name, the golden arches,
我得到了麦当劳这个名字和金色拱门标志

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!