谢谢你 上校
Thank you, Colonel!
抱歉 嘿 借过 让一让…
Sorry. Hey, come on. Coming through! Coming through!
-这是你的 -我的意思是
-That’s for you. -All I’m saying is,
我不记得奇基上一次 给啤酒钱是什么时候了
I can’t remember the last time Chickie paid for a beer.
等一下 你是说我小气?
Wait, are you calling me cheap?
不 他是说你蹭酒喝 找回来的钱呢?
No, he’s calling you a freeloader. Now, where’s my change?
谢谢
Thank you.
你在开玩笑吧?
Are you shittin’ me?
嘿 面条
Hey, Noodle.
我赚得盆满钵满下船后 谁请喝酒的次数比我多?
When I get off a ship flushed with cash, who picks up more tabs than me?
-没有谁 -可不是
-No one. -Bingo.
但你三个月没上船做工了 你自己算
But you haven’t been on a ship in three months. Do the math.
连先令酒吧都不能进 因为他还赊着账
Can’t even go to the Shilling no more, ’cause he ain’t paid his tab!
嘿 胡说什么 我不能进先令酒吧
Hey, that’s bullshit! I can’t go to the Shilling no more,
是因为基南兄弟总在那里
because that’s where the Keenan brothers hang out.
他们还为了你和他们妹妹的事生气呢?
They still mad about you and their sister?
不知道 我也不想知道
I don’t know. And I don’t wanna find out.
嘿 谁点了这首烂歌♥?
Hey, who put this shit on?
我点的 我爱这首歌♥
I did. I love this song!
我也爱这首歌♥
I love this song too.
-这歌♥真垃圾 -是不太好
-This song sucks. -It’s not great.
嘿 上校 再来一轮
Hey, Colonel! One more round!
想都别想 唐纳修 你已经欠了三周的啤酒钱了
Forget it, Donohue. You’re three weeks behind on your tab.
这次不算在我的账上 布伦登给钱
This ain’t on me! It’s on Brendan!
你小子真走运
Lucky boy!
喝完继续来
And keep ’em comin’!

Hey.
懒虫 快起床 快点
Get your ass out of bed, you lazy bum! Come on.
-该死 我起来了 -你没起来
-Fuck. I’m up. -You’re not up!
11点30分的弥散十分钟前就开始了 看在老…快给我起来 奇基
11:30 mass began ten minutes ago, for Chris– Get the hell up, Chick!
我昨晚5点去过了
I went there five o’clock last night.
胡说 你母亲和我去了5点的弥撒
Bullshit. Your mother and I were at the five.
瞧瞧你 大白天睡觉 浪费生命
Look at you, sleeping your life away.
我死后会保持清醒的
I’ll stay awake when I’m dead.
看在老天份上 奇基 弥撒已经开始了
For God sake’s, Chickie. Church started already!
起来
Get up!
-奇基 你今晚有什么活动? -你觉得他有什么活动?
-What are you doing tonight, Chickie? -What do you think he’s doing?
每天晚上不都一样
It’s the same every night with him.
一杯接着一杯 蒙头大睡一整天 他是 “欢乐时光奇基” 羡慕这人生啊
He’s off on a toot. He sleeps all day. He’s “Good Time Chickie.” Must be fun.
噢 天…又开始了
Oh, my– Here we go again.
你要知道 商船船员的日子 并不是游手好闲 好吗?
You know, being a merchant mariner ain’t no pleasure cruise, okay?
-是 -是辛苦劳作
-Yeah. -It’s backbreaking work.
奇基 好可怜
Boohoo, Chickie.
所以这是我放松休息的时间
So this is my time to kick back and relax a little,
就像放暑假的教授
like a professor on summer break.
对 你的确是教授 你的祖母还是美国小姐呢
Oh, yeah. You’re a professor, and your grandmother’s Miss America.
别这样 又要吵这个吗?
Come on. Do we gotta start this again?
这是我的房♥子 他就得按我的规矩来
You know what? It’s my house. He’s gonna live by my rules!
他要是想每天酗酒、睡觉 那就自己找个地方住
He wants to be a drunk and sleep all day. Maybe he should get his own place!
行啊 我搬出去
Fine. I’ll move out.
奇基 那太浪费钱了
That’s a waste of money, Chickie.
你一年有大半时间都在出海
You’re out to sea more than half the year.
凯瑟琳 你不能再溺爱他了
Catherine, you gotta stop babying the boy.
我像你这么大时 有两份工作 三个孩子 还有个妻子
When I was your age, I had two jobs. I had three kids. I had a wife.
所以你高中时弄大妈的肚子是我的错?
So it’s my fault you knocked up Ma in high school?
-嘿 -奇基
-Hey! -Chickie!
我是在婚后才怀孕的
We got pregnant after we were married!
老妈 少来了
Come on, Ma.
你们1月结婚 杰拉德6月出生 日子对不上
You got married in January. Gerard was born in June. It don’t add up.
-那是个闰年 -什么年?
-It was a leap year. -A what?
那是什么意思?
What does that mean?
杰拉德是早产 所以日子对得上
Gerard came early. That’s how it adds up.
第一胎很常见的
Very common in first deliveries.
强尼科诺普死了
Johnny Knopf’s dead.
-不 -我刚碰见朱蒂伯恩了
-No. -I just ran into Judy Byrne.
她是他妹妹茉最好的朋友
She’s best friends with his sister, Mo.
可是他才到那边
But he just got there.
他家人会感到自豪 那孩子死得光荣
Well, you know, the family can be proud. He died a hero, that boy.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
我怎么知道?
How do I know?
因为他是为了祖国而死 所以我知道
Because he died for his country. That’s how I know.
为了祖国做什么?
For his country to do what?
嘿 克莉丝汀 现在不是吵这个的时候
Hey, Christine. This ain’t the time.
那要等到什么时候?
Well, when’s gonna be the time?
我们甚至不知道为什么要在那里打仗
We don’t even know why we’re fightin’ over there.
拜托 你就没想过
For Chrissakes. Has it ever occurred to you
我们国家非常清楚自己在做什么
our country knows very well what they’re doing,
只是没告诉你而已?
they just haven’t told you yet?
LBJ对我们说谎 他甚至不愿承认那是战争
LBJ’s lying to us! He won’t even admit it’s a war!
-是 每个人都在说谎 克莉丝汀 -的确是
-Yeah. Everybody’s lying, Christine. -They are lying!
克莉丝汀 够了
Christine, that’s enough.
对 妈 确实是够了
Yeah, Ma, it is enough.
我们街区已经有八个孩子死了
Eight kids from this neighborhood are dead already.
还要死多少个你们才会醒来?
How many’s it gonna take before you all wake up?
年轻母亲的女儿被枪击中时
The young mother’s daughter was shot
正在安静地与父亲一起骑脚踏车
while quietly riding a bicycle with her father.
在一个小村庄的公路上
On a public lane, in a little village.
那是一个晴朗和煦的日子
In the warm sun on a beautiful day.
她一小时内就会死去…
She will be dead in an hour
科诺普原本都不该去那里
Knopf wasn’t even supposed to be there.
他和他爸签了免责书 好让他17岁就入伍
He and his old man signed a waiver so he could enlist at 17.
天啊 他干吗这么急着上战场?
Jesus. What the hell was his rush?
他是急着履行爱国的义务
His rush was he was doing his patriotic duty.
你说得很有道理
You make a very good point.
真是乱来 他们不该在电视上播这个
This is bullshit. They should not be showing this on TV.
这在我们那个年代是不允许的
This would not fly back in my day.
你们那个年代根本没电视
There was no TV back in your day.
是 那可比现在好多了
Yeah. And we were better for it.
战争不是电视节目 它太真实了
War is not a TV show. It’s too real-life.
所以美国人无法面对真实生活?
And the American people can’t handle real life?
是的 他们无法面对 也不该被迫面对
No, they can’t. And they shouldn’t have to.
把死去的战士、四肢不全的人们
Bringing dead soldiers, guys with no arms and legs,
带入我们的客厅
into our living rooms
这对谁都没好处
is not helping no one.
如果当年电视上播了突出部之役
If they had showed the Battle of the Bulge on TV,
我们三天就会投降
we’d have quit after three days.
而我们没有 我们坚守、反抗并取得胜利
We didn’t. We took our licks, but we pushed ’em back, and we won.
那是另一个年代 也是另一场战争 上校
It was a different time. It was a different war, Colonel.
面条 你是什么意思?你站他们那边吗?
What are you selling, Noodle? You saying you’re on their side?
我这就把你赶出去
I’ll throw you right the hell outta here.
老天 上校 你今天还真是一点就爆啊?
Jesus, Colonel. You got a short fuse today, huh?
我早就想爆了 只是你不知道 自己是什么时候把我惹毛的
I ain’t got a short fuse. You just don’t know when you lit it.
天 真讨厌这种事
God, I hate these things.
为什么不能简单办个葬礼就完事了?
Why can’t they just have a funeral and get it over with?
他们非要弄得又臭又长 大家都不好受
This just drags it out and makes it worse for everyone.
混♥蛋♥
Asshole.
守灵是为了他家人举♥行♥的 又不是为了你
The wake is for the family. It’s not about you.
这让他们在下葬之前有时间哀悼
It gives ’em time to grieve and shit before they put him in the dirt.
你说到重点了 我们需要守灵 守灵很重要
You hit it on the head. We need wakes. They’re important.
大家有机会哀悼是很好的
It’s very good for everyone to grieve.
我的天 丹尼 你就没办法 坚持一个观点不动摇吗?
Jesus, Danny. Don’t you ever have an opinion that you stick to?
-你真是墙头草啊 -不是
-You just blow with the wind, don’t you? -No.
我只是保持开放的思维 包容大家的意见
I just try to be open-minded to everybody’s point of view.
像狗一样
Like the way dogs are.
“像狗一样”?
“Like the way dogs are”?
-他说什么呢? -我是说狗不会品头论足
-What’s he saying? -I’m just saying dogs don’t judge.
米诺格一家今早收到电报
The Minogues got a telegram this morning.
汤姆在战争中失踪了
Tommy’s MIA.
拜托
Come on.
见鬼
Goddamn it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!