Now, David’s title match against Ric Flair
是此生只有一次的难得机会
at Parade of Champions is a moment of a lifetime.
赢了这场 我们仍有机会把 世界冠军腰带带回家
We still have a chance to bring the World Heavyweight Championship home
你们中能有谁代替David 替我们赢下这场比赛
if one of you will step up and wrestle in his place.
我们所有的努力都是为了这一刻
Everything we have ever worked for in the ring is riding on this moment.
我来吧
I’ll do it.
让我来吧 爸
I can do it, Dad.
我也行
I can do it, too.
Kerry 让我来
Kerry, I’ll do it.
我准备好了 爸 我想赢
I’m ready, Dad. I want it.
你不必去 这是我的烂摊子
You don’t have to. It’s my mess.
不 我也值得这个机会
No! I deserve it, too!
孩子们 别吵 做决定很难
Boys, boys. It’s a tough decision.
Kevin 你是大哥 但是Kerry最近状态火热
You are the oldest Kev, but Kerry’s been getting the most heat lately.
我们投硬币决定吧
We’re gonna flip a coin.
这样公平一点
That’s the only fair way to decide.
Kerry正面 Kevin背面
Heads for Kerry. Tails for Kevin.
得州体育场 欢迎当代角斗士
Texas Stadium, please welcome the modern-day warrior,
Kerry Von Erich
Kerry Von Erich!
三万五千名观众聚集在这里 庆祝David Von Erich的短暂人生
35,000 people here to celebrate the life of David Von Erich.
今天比赛的是他的兄弟Kerry Von Erich
Make sure you’re on for his brother, Kerry Von Erich.
Ric Flair毫无还手之力
Ric Flair here, can’t find a handle.
高手对决中 冠军总是更受支持
The champion is always the favorite in a match like this.
这里是最大的舞台
Here on the biggest stage.
Flair单步上前 Kerry控制住他
Stepover to the hold from Flair, and Kerry puts a stop to that.
他打倒了对手
He knocks it away.
Flair走向围栏 想要背摔Kerry
Here’s Flair, to the ropes. Wants to toss Kerry, but…
Kerry在后退中抓住了他
Kerry’s… Kerry’s got him. He’s got him in a backslide.
要响铃了 二 三
There’s the pin. Two, Three.
美梦成真 好的
The dream has come true, yes!
Kerry Von Erich 新科世界重量级摔跤冠军
Kerry Von Erich, the NWA World Heavyweight Champion.
为了他的兄弟David 为了他的父亲Fritz 他赢了
He wins it for his brother David, for his father Fritz.
为了整个Von Erich家庭 他赢了
And for the whole Von Erich family.
新科世界重量级摔跤冠军
The Winner and new World Heavyweight Champion,
Kerry Von Erich
Kerry Von Erich!
嗨 我没看见你还在这里
Hey, I didn’t know you were still here.
嗯 帮爸干活 我要回家了
Yeah, just helping Pop. I’m about to head home.
你还好吗
How you doing?
3突然这么安静有点难以习惯
I’m having trouble coming down.
哈哈 那是肯定
Yeah. Yeah, I bet.
我们家终于赢了世界冠军 真不可思议
I can’t believe it’s finally in our family.
是啊
Yeah.
我想去骑骑摩托 兜兜风
You know what? I think I’m gonna go for a ride or something.
好 小心点
All right. Yeah, be careful.
嗨 Kerry – 怎么
Hey, Ker. – Yeah.
你今天真棒
You were great today.
谢谢哥
Thank you.
这些信息都是正确的吗
Is everything correct?
呃 他的姓氏应该是Adkisson
Actually, his last name will be Adkisson.
我的本名是Adkisson
That’s my birth name.
你有出生证明吗
Do you have your birth certificate?
有的
Yes, I do.
我去帮你改正 稍等片刻
Let me update it and I’ll be right back.
谢谢
Mmm-hmm. – Thanks.
你确定要改他的姓吗
Are you sure you wanna do that?
我不知道
No.
只是觉得这样对他来说更安全
I just… I’ll feel safer for him, I think.
Kevin 你知道这跟姓氏没关系
Kev, you know it’s got nothing to do with the name.
我知道
Yeah, I know.
不要双脚♥交♥叉 滑步
Don’t cross your damn feet. Shuffle.
对 站直了 利用你的身高优势
Yup. Stand tall. Use your height!
这动作根本没有意义啊
Hey! That doesn’t mean anything, all right?
扭一下 让它看起来有点意义
Twist it again, make it mean something.
夹头
Headlock.
夹紧了 别留空隙
Keep that S grip tight. I don’t wanna see any windows.
别让对手呼吸
There’s no air in there.
转一下胯 挪一下脚
Switch your hips. Switch your feet.
怎么回事 挪一下脚不会吗
Come on, God damn it. Switch your feet.
这样吗 – 对啊
Like that? – Yes.
就这样
There it is.
我们再来一遍吧 我觉得还不行
Let’s do it again. It’s… it’s still not…
没关系 Mike 你做得很棒 继续加油
It’s fine, Mike. You’re doing fine. Just keep going.
转起来
Circle up.
Michael Von Erich在台上移♥动♥
Michael Von Erich, moving around the ring.
他看起来蓄势待发
He looks ready for this match.
Hey, Hey.
快来啊 哪里痛
Come here. Where does it hurt?

Ow!
医生你好 – Kevin Fritz
Hey, Doc. – Kevin. Fritz.
他怎么样
How’d it go?
手术按计划完成了
Um, we completed the surgery as planned.
肩膀的伤势已经没有大碍
We repaired the shoulder,
但是手术出现了一些意外情况
but it was trickier than we anticipated.
Mike出现高烧
Mike’s temperature skyrocketed.
我们尽全力让他的体温恢复正常
We worked really hard to bring it down,
但他还是高烧四十一度 近两个小时不退
but it was close to 107 degrees for almost two hours.
他这种情况是中毒性休克
We believe he suffered toxic shock syndrome.
什么意思
What does that mean?
很遗憾告知您 Mike仍在昏迷中
I’m sorry to say that Mike is in a coma.
怎么会这样
What? How?
只不过区区一个肩膀外科手术
It was a routine shoulder surgery.
这种情况并不多见 但确实会发生
Well, it’s rare, but it happens.
我们现在只能等待 为他祈祷
All we can do now is wait and pray he pulls through.
我很抱歉
I’m very sorry.
为什么厄运又降临在我们的家庭
Why is this happening to us?
为什么悲剧不断发生
Why does it just keep happening?
亲爱的 别想了 听我说 104
– Okay, baby, stay with me. – Okay?
为什么又是我们家
But it keeps happening.
诅咒就是我们的命运
It’s taken over.
这只是一个很不幸的意外 巧合罢了
It was a terrible accident. Nothing more.
他根本就不应该来摔跤
He shouldn’t have even been in the ring.
这不是你的错
This is not your fault.
如果你想责怪谁 那也是你♥爸♥爸的错 跟你没有一点关系
If you want to blame someone, you blame your father, but it is not your fault.
我应该阻止他的 – 不是的 Kevin 你无能为力
I should’ve stopped him. No. No. What could you do, Kevin?
你♥爸♥根本不听劝
There is no getting through to that man.
亲爱的 我上班要迟到了 他根本安静不下来
Hey. Hey, hon. I’m late for work, and I can’t get him to settle.
你帮我哄哄他好吗
Can you take him for me?
不行
I can’t.
什么 你就抱他一会 等你妈来了让她哄
What? Just… Okay, just take him till your mom gets here.
我得走了
I gotta go.
我不行
I can’t.
Kevin
Kevin?
Kevin 拜托了
Kevin! Come on.
对不起
Yeah. Sorry.
抱他一下
Here. Oh, honey, I’m sorry.
Hey.
没事了
It’s okay.
没事了
It’s okay.
感谢大家来参加记者会
Thank you all for coming,
谢谢大家的关心与支持
and thank you all the love and support.
嗨 Mike 你还好吗
Hey, Mike, are you feeling okay?

Yeah.
我们都很开心 Mike挺过来了
We’re all just so excited that Mike pulled through.
6他是一个真正的斗士
Shows how much of a fighter he is.
而且 呃
And, uh…
在失去David之后
after losing David, it’s just…
我们无法忍♥受 再失去另一个弟弟的痛苦了
it’s too much to think that we almost lost Mike, too.
我 我很感动
I… I’m moved that, uh,
我的家庭陪我 度过了艰难的时刻
my whole family is here with me through everything.

And, uh…
很多人给我送花
that y’all out there sent flowers.