No foolin’? Gee, that’s tough.
你知道 我从来没有任何痛苦 你呢 诺姆?
You know, I never had any pain. Did you, Norm?
从没 天使 你呢?
Never. Did you, Angel?
为什么你不反驳他?
Why don’t you throw rocks at him?
你是痛德无法说话吧 只有聪明人会有痛苦
You’re too dumb to have pain. Only smart people have pain.
你介意把收音机音量关小一点吗?
好 你是有趣的家伙 现在关小点!
Would you mind turning your radio down?
Eh?
All right, you’re a funny guy. Now turn it down!
中尉希望你把你的收音机关小一点
Eh?
The lieutenant would like you to turn your radio down.
那是什么?朝上旋转关小? 真是没办法 先生!
What’s that? Turn it upside-down? That’s crazy, man!
是命令吗 中尉? 先生 我很荣幸!
Is that an order, Lieutenant, sir? Your Highness, sir?
我不这么认为 他只是认为太大声
I don’t think so. He just thinks it’s too loud.
我听不到 何况我花了大笔钱
I can’t hear it. Besides, I got big money riding on the fourth.
关小它!
Turn it down!
怎么了 中尉? 麻痹 还是怎么回事?
What’s the matter, Lieutenant? You paralyzed or something?
你自己过来关小吧!
Come on over here and turn it down yourself!
我是船长 中尉 我命令你冷静下来
I was a captain, Lieutenant, and I’m ordering you to cool off.
哈罗 医生
Hello, Doctor.
苏打? 不 谢谢
Soda? – No, thanks.
肯恩好吗?
How’s Ken?
还好
All right.
我一收到你的留言 就马上过来了
When I got your message, I came right over.
我希望 是的 我知道
I was hoping- – Yes, I know.
告诉我 在肯恩入伍以前 你认识他多长时间了?
Tell me, how long did you know Ken before he went into the army?
不是战时浪漫史 如果你是这个意思的话
It wasn’t a wartime romance, if that’s what you’re driving at.
我们在大学一年级认识的
We met in our first year at college. – What was he like in those days?
那个时候他是什么样子?
当然 我有点偏见 这样
Naturally, I’m prejudiced. – Naturally.
他是个优秀的运动员 非常优秀的足球运动员
He was quite an athlete, a very good football player.
我参加了很多比赛
I had a lot of competition.
你是说他是自我为中心的? 非常自我的人?
Would you say he was self-centered? A strong ego?
不 他是孤儿 长时间以来他都是靠他自己
No. He was an orphan. He’d been on his own a long time.
但是小孩们总是找他麻烦
And the kids did make a fuss over him.
和我在一起 他总是要当老大 我让他认为他是
With me, he’d always want to be boss.
I let him think he was.
但是老实说 他真的很不错
But he’s very, very nice, honestly.
你告诉他有关我了吗?
Have you told him about me?
是的 他不想见你
Yes. He doesn’t want to see you.
但是你会帮助我 对吗?
But you’re going to help me, aren’t you?
我去安排你们见面
I’m going to arrange for you to see him.
但是我不是在帮助你
But I’m not doing it to help you.
我希望这能帮助他
I hope it’ll help him.
那够公平的
That’s fair enough.
你知道 我有感觉你非常不喜欢我
You know, I have a feeling you don’t like me very much.
为什么? 不是如此 我甚至不认识你
Why?
你似乎是一个非常好的女孩
That isn’t so. I don’t even know you.
You seem to be a very nice girl,
但是你的出现 对他来说非常坏
but you could turn out to be very bad for him.
怎么?
How?
如果你是因为为他感到遗憾 而来这的话…
Well, if you’re going into this because you’re sorry for him-
你不认为我是 我自己情绪的最好判决者吗? 也许
Don’t you think I’m the best judge of my own emotions?
嗨 医生 你看 像他这样的男人
Possibly.
Hi, Doc.
有动力 野心和美好前途
You see, men like him…
with drive, ambition, high hopes…
通常比较难做调整
usually find it hard to make an adjustment,
他不例外
and he’s no exception.
但是我想你还没有发现 你也需要调整
But I don’t think you realize that you’ve got an adjustment to make too.
也许我已经知道了 你有吗? 我掌握了有关你的不少情况
Maybe I already have.
Have you? I’ve got a hunch about you.
我深深地感觉到 你在等待一个奇迹
I’ve got a feeling that down deep you’re hoping for a miracle-
或者一个魔术 可以让这个男人恢复到你想要的状态
some piece of magic that’ll restore this man to you as he was.
有希望也是错的吗?
Is it wrong to hope?
在我办公室的墙上有一句箴言 是这样的:
There’s a motto on the wall of my office.
上帝 请赐予我们力量 去实现那些不可能的事情
It goes like this:
“Please, God, give us the strength to do the impossible,
但是也赐予我们勇气 去认识那些真的不可能的事情
“but give us the courage to recognize what is really impossible.
并且 赐予我们智慧去区别他们
And, above all, give us the wisdom to distinguish between them.”
我可以现在去看他吗?
May I see him now?
不行 明天晚上大约8点来我办公室
No. Come to my office tomorrow night about 8:00.
有一个婚礼 所以他将会一个人 孤零零地呆在病房♥中
There’s a wedding, and he’ll be alone in the ward.
谢谢你
Thank you.
巴德?
巴德?
Bud?
你是如何进来这里的?
How did you get in here?
布洛克医生安排的
Dr. Brock arranged it.
不要看我!
Don’t look at me!
你想要什么?你来这里做什么?
What do you want? What did you come here for?
我告诉你 我没有想要从你这得到任何东西!
I told you I didn’t want anything to do with you!
你不懂英语吗 白♥痴♥?
Can’t you understand English, you stupid idiot?
巴德 亲爱的! 走!
Bud, darling, please.
“Bud, darling, please.” Start walking!
不 我会把你从这赶出去
No. – I’ll get you out of here.
你会逃吗!
Will you get out!
不会
No.
好 我会给你想要的
All right, I’ll give you what you want.
你想看看它到底什么样子? 可以 看吧
You wanna see what it’s like? All right, look.
我说看着我! 来个愉快的神情 艾丽
I said look at me! Get a good look, Ellie.
它让你感觉健康吗? 是你想要的?
Does it make you feel healthy? ls that what you want?
好 你现在回家
Okay, you can go home now.
我不会回家 巴德 我要和你呆在一起
I’m not going home, Bud. I’m staying with you.
谁要你同情我? 你为什么必须过来? 你为什么不听我的话?
Who asked you to pity me? Why did you have to come?
我一直听你的话 但是我必须在你离开之前和你结婚
Why didn’t you listen?
I listened to you once.
I should’ve made you marry me before you went away.
艾丽 走开
Ellie, go away, please.
你以为你是什么? 你没有看到一切都结束了吗?
What is it with you? Don’t you see it’s all over?
来点光亮怎么样? 让我们打开那些灯
How about some light in here? Let’s turn on those lights.
去吧 打开它! 快点!
Come on, open it up! Come on, hurry up!
嗨 那不是公平的!
Hey, that’s not fair!
大家都去了“B”病房♥
Everybody over to ward
“B”病房♥
Ward
“B”病房♥
Ward
巴德 不 艾丽 不
Bud- – No, Ellie, no.
为什么不? 为什么我们不?
Why not? Why not us?
我告诉你了 我告诉你了为什么不行
I told you. I told you why not.
哦 我们可以做到 我们仍然爱彼此 没有改变
Oh, we could make it.
We still love each other. That hasn’t changed.
亚伦 你没有明白是可怜还是爱 而且你不亏欠我任何事
Ellen, you don’t know pity from love, and you don’t owe me anything.
好吧 你亏欠我的 我已经等了你四年
Well, you owe me something. I’ve waited four years.
我跟着你从一所医院到另一所医院
I’ve followed you from one hospital to another.
哦 巴德 我们可以真的做到
Oh, Bud, we could really make it.
我经历了在战争中工作 现在我正要工作
I worked all through the war. I’m working now.
我的意思是 我应该做些什么?
I mean, what would I be doing?
我会回去学校赢取运动员奖学金
I’d go back to school on an athletic scholarship.
我也找到一份织篮子的工作
I’d get a job weaving baskets.
你想要做什么 和我这样一个 手脚不能动的人一起生活?
What do you wanna do, wait on me hand and foot all your life?
我就像个婴儿 在你努力尝试后 你还是会离开的
I’m like a baby.
You could build yourself up. Others do.
你可以试 但是在你努力尝试后 你可以再离开
You could try. You might even walk again if you tried.
没有希望 没有生命源泉
There’s no hope. The wires are cut.
好 你会恢复起来的 你也可以做许多事物
All right.
But you could get better. You could do lots of things.
哦 试吧 试吧!
Oh, please, please try!
你没看到吗? 我需要你
Don’t you see? I need you.
这里绝不会有其他任何人
There’ll never be anyone else.
哦 亲爱的!
Oh, darling!
你不希望我们快乐吗?
Don’t you want us to be happy?
当然 我希望我们是快乐的 宝贝 但是我不知道
Sure, I want us to be happy, honey, but I don’t know.
我不知道
I don’t know.
一个非常美好的婚礼
A very nice wedding.
好吧 我告诉你 只要有她的存在做为护士和其他 我认为他们得到了一个机会
Well, I’ll tell you.
With her being a nurse and all, I think they got a chance.
就好像她什么都不知道 但是她做的相当好
It ain’t as if she didn’t know the score.
比起以前照顾整个病房♥的病人 每月得到280块钱
She’s doing all right.
Instead of taking care of a whole ward for 280 bucks a month,
她现在已经是照顾一个病人 就可以得到360块
she’s got one patient for 360.
政♥府♥给予他交通津贴 因此她得到了一辆汽车
The government gives him a transportation allowance,
so she’s got a car.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!