lt’s me, the writer. Still want to buy my story?
我跟你说了 可以谈谈 来制片厂一趟 我们可以想个解决方案
l told you I’d deal. Stop by the studio. We’ll work something out.
我去跟谁谈呢
And who will l ask for?
拉里·李维
Larry Levy?
拉里·李维跟这有什么关系
What’s Larry Levy got to do with this?
-你怎么会认识拉里·李维 -你就没了解了解行业新闻吗
-How do you know about Larry Levy? -Don’t you read the trades?
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的商业版 他要入主了 你要滚了
New York Times business section? He’s movin’ in, you’re movin’ out.
你做不了主了 他们说 这都是昨天的新闻了
You can’t make a deal, they say. Yesterday’s news.
等等
Wait a minute.
能不能借你的手♥机♥用用
Can l borrow your mobile phone?
拉里·李维吗 拉里 我是大卫·卡恩
Larry Levy. Larry, David Kahane here.
猜猜谁在这里下承诺 可以帮我拍片
Guess who’s making promises about getting pictures made…
在个停车场 给编剧下承诺
to writers in parking lots?
猜猜是哪个贱♥人♥制片人
Guess what dumb son of a bitch executive…
还在这里试图糊弄我
is trying to take advantage of me?
你认没认识到 这家伙有多来势汹汹
Do you realize how unstoppable this guy is?
你知道吗 我都等不及了
You know, l cannot wait…
来告诉全世界
to tell the world that
当格里芬·米尔在工作上压力太大的时候
when Griffin Mill can’t cut the pressure at work…
他就会开车来帕萨迪纳
he drives out to Pasadena…
来找编剧干一架
to pick fights with writers.
让拉里·李维给我打电♥话♥
Tell Larry Levy to call me.
已经有消息说 他要拍摄更有意义的电影
The word is out that he’s going to start making meaningful pictures
作出改变
for a change.
先别管这个 别写那些该死的明信片了
Let’s forget this. Just stop all the postcard shit!
我不是写明信片的 我写的是剧本
I don’t write postcards! l write scripts!
-我们都错了 -不 你才搞错了 兄弟
-We’re both wrong. -No, you’re wrong, buddy!
现在你的情况有点火烧眉毛啊 所以你才要丢饭碗
You’re in over your head. That’s why you’re losing your job.
那你接下来要怎么办啊
Then what are you gonna do?
我还会写作 你能干嘛
l can write. What can you do?
我说了 别管这些
l said, let’s forget this.
啊 该死
Ah, shit.
米尔 你没事吧
Mill, you okay?
给我把嘴巴闭紧了
Keep it to yourself!
给我闭嘴
Keep it to yourself!
卡恩
Kahane?
有意思 剧本是谁写的
That’s interesting. Who’s writing this movie?
谁来写《致命吸引力》的新结局 观众来写
Who wrote the new ending to Fatal Attraction? The audience.
一百万来自观众中的编剧来写
A million screenwriters from the audience wrote that.
谁说过假如我们保留原结局 应该早就写好了
Who’s to say what it would have done if you had left the original ending?
的确 但是你也可以说 世界范围内的3亿人
You’re right, but you can say that it’s done almost 300 million worldwide…
完成了这个新结局
with the new ending.
拉里·李维 我想你还没见过我的助理吧 惠特尼·戈什
Larry Levy, I don’t believe you’ve met my assistant, Whitney Gersh.
-的确没见过 -很高兴见到你
-No, l haven’t. -lt’s a pleasure to meet you.
邦妮 你的片子怎样了 听说上周刚刚检查了一次
How’s your picture? lt just tested last week.
挺好的 是第一次检查
lt’s doing well. lt was our first test.
打扰了 沃特
Excuse me, Walter.
乔尔 格里芬还是没人影 但我真的觉得会议应该开始了
Joel, Griffin isn’t in, but l think we really have to start this meeting.
好的 西莉亚 谢谢
Okay, Celia. Thank you.
记不记得一部电影叫《死亡漩涡》
Remember a movie called D.O.A.?
当然记得 主演是埃德蒙·奥布莱恩和帕米拉·布里顿
Sure l do. Eddie O’Brien and Pam Britton.
迪士尼在87年还是88年的时候翻拍过
Disney did a remake in ’87 or ’88.
我觉得我们现在的情况 十分相似
l think we’ve got pretty much the same situation here.
我们可不能惹麻烦 沃特
Keep our noses clean, Walter.
浪费一部好电影很丢脸
lt’s a shame to waste a picture.
谁说我们在浪费电影了 这话是从何说起呢
Who said we’re wasting the picture? Where did that come from?
你知道最有意思的是什么吗 我们都太忙
You know what’s interesting? We’re all too busy…
格里芬 你真的迟到很久了 他们已经在里面等了
Griffin, you’re really late. They’re waiting inside.
真的要跟这帮庶民共事
To actually rub shoulders with the great unwashed?
我们需要拍出他们想要的电影
We need to give them the kind of pictures they want…
而不是编剧想要拍的
not the kind writers want to give them.
-大家好 抱歉我迟到了 -迟得厉害
-Hello. Sorry I’m late. -You certainly are.
在办公室多呆一阵就好了
A few minutes in the office would be fine.
格里芬 你错过了正式的欢迎仪式
Griffin, you missed the formal welcoming ceremony.
你认识拉里·李维的
You know Larry Levy.
当然 你好 拉里
Of course. Hi, Larry.
你好 格里芬
Hi, Griffin.
拉里比他想象得更早一周离开了福克斯
Larry was able to leave Fox a week earlier than he thought…
所以今天早上就来报道了
and has come aboard as of this morning.
-好极了 那我们开始吧 -拉里刚才正说到一半
-Great. Let’s start. -Larry was in the middle of something.
我没有 只是为了等格里芬消磨一下时间
No, l wasn’t. l was just killing time waiting for Griffin.
不 说完吧 你刚才在说什么
No, finish. What were you saying?
我在说 我至今还未碰到一个
l was saying l’ve yet to meet a writer
可以把水变成酒的编剧
who could change water into wine…
我们也应该如此对待他们
and we have a tendency to treat them like that.
在这制片厂 不可能
Not at this studio.
150万这样的剧本 疯了吧
A million and a half of these scripts. lt’s nuts.
我认为这是可以避免的
And l think avoidable.
这么问你吧 你上一次买♥♥票去看电影是什么时候
Let me ask you. When was the last time you bought a ticket to see a movie?
-自己掏腰包的 -就昨晚
-You actually paid your own money? -Last night.
在帕萨迪纳 看了《偷自行车的人》
Pasadena. The Bicycle Thief.
-你看了《偷自行车的人》 -我爱死了 很棒的电影
-You saw The Bicycle Thief? -l love that. lt’s a great film.
这是艺术电影 不算 我们在说好莱坞
lt’s an art movie. lt doesn’t count. We’re talking about movie movies.
天哪 这群人
Jesus, people.
我只是说 我们可以节省时间和投资
I’m just saying there’s time and money to be saved…
如果我们自己写出这些故事来
if we came up with these stories on our own.
-那故事要从哪里来 -随便什么地方 没所谓
-Where are these stories coming from? -Anywhere. lt doesn’t matter.
比如说报纸 选个故事
The newspaper. Pick any story.
“移♥民♥抗♥议♥削减扫盲计划预算的行为”
‘lmmigrants protest budget cuts in literacy program.’
美国作家
人文精神战胜了人类的残酷
Human spirit overcoming human adversity.
听上去像霍雷肖·阿尔杰 巴里奥的时候
Sounds like Horatio Alger in the barrio.
让吉米·斯密茨来演 你就会有一出更精彩的《为人师表》
Put Jimmy Smits in it and you’ve got a sexy Stand and Deliver.
-下一个 继续 -拉里 我不是干这个的
-Next. Come on. -This isn’t my field.
没关系 试试看 这可不能输吧
lt doesn’t matter. Give it a shot. You can’t lose here.
那”泥石流造成智利贫民窟60人死亡”
How about ‘Mud slide kills 60 in slums of Chili’?
很好 悲壮的胜利 听上去像约翰·保曼的电影
That’s good. Triumph over tragedy. Sounds like a John Boorman picture.
改一个快乐的结局 剧本自己就出来了
Slap a happy ending on it, the script will write itself.
-到邦妮了 把报纸给我 -我可不知道了 拉里
-Bonnie. Give me the paper. -I don’t know, Larry.
试试看
Give it a shot.
背面 男子被发现死在停车场
“债券持续亏损让道琼斯指数下挫7 15%”
‘Further bond losses push Dow down 7.15.’
-我仿佛看到肖恩·康纳利扮演的邦德 -有意思
-l see Connery as Bond. -That’s funny.
还好奥利弗·斯通没有听你的 不然我们现在会怎样
lt’s a good thing Oliver Stone wasn’t listening to you. Where would we be?
我们就看不到《华尔街》拍完的那一天了
We would have been spared sitting through Wall Street.
-《华尔街》全球票房♥多少 -七千万 七千五百万 或者八千万吧
-What did Wall Street do worldwide? -70, 75, maybe 80.
八千万啊 还有几个奥斯卡奖
$80 million, a couple Oscars.
我觉得拉里的意思我们都理解了 继续吧
l think Larry’s point is well taken. Let’s move on.
能不能跟我们说一下 那个泰勒·哈克福德的项目
Can you give us an update on the Taylor-Hackford project?
格里芬
Griffin?

Yeah.
我在想这个概念很有趣
l was thinking what an interesting concept it is…
艺术创作的过程中 把编剧这个角色完全取消
to eliminate the writer from the artistic process.
或者把演员和导演一起取消了 我们还真能拍出大♥片♥呢
lf we can get rid of the actors and directors, maybe we’ve got something.
你好啊 沃特
Hello, Walter.
宾至如归 不要客气
Make yourself at home.
米尔先生 我理解你为什么今天来晚了
Mr. Mill, l understand you were late coming in this morning.
你没事吧
You all right?
我很好
I’m fine.
多谢你的关心
l appreciate your concern.
有什么事吗
What can l do for you?
别跟我说你也是来跟我讲故事的
Don’t tell me you came here to pitch me a story?
我还真是来讲故事的
That’s exactly what l’ve come to do.
是个很好的故事 可以说是关于一个编剧的
lt’s a good one, too. lt’s about a writer, sort of.
大卫·卡恩
David Kahane.
谁是大卫·卡恩
Who’s David Kahane?
-你见过他 -我见过大把编剧
-You met him. -l meet a lot of writers.
但是这个编剧昨晚 在里亚托戏院后面被谋杀了
But this writer was murdered last night in back of the Rialto Theater.
谋杀
Murdered?
想想看啊 帕萨迪纳 跟别的地方没什么不同
Come to think of it, Pasadena’s as good a place to die as any.
什么故事
What’s the story?
在好莱坞 制片人经常要求编剧用25字以下描述自己的故事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!