又名: 笔 友 求 缘 / 笔 友 俏 冤 家
片名: 街 角 的 商 店
原著: 米克罗斯·拉斯祖罗
编剧: 山姆森·雷佛森
‘Morning, Mr. Pirovitch. Good morning.
早 皮洛维奇先生 早安
Always the first one. It’s none of your business.
你总是第一个 对吧? 这不关你的事
Let me tell you, it doesn’t hurt to be too early.
我可告诉你 早到没什么不好
What for and why? Who sees you? Me. And who sees me? You.
有什么用? 谁看到你了? 只有我 谁又看到我了? 只有你
What does it get us? Can we give each other a raise? No.
这对我们有什么好处? 难道可以让我们加薪吗? 不行
What are you doing with that bicycle? You can’t take it.
你怎么会骑那辆脚踏车? 你不该把它骑回家的
Better not let Mr. Matuschek see.
最好别让马朵查克先生看见
Why don’t you tell him? It’s all right with me.
你去告诉他好了 我不在乎
You know where I was last night while you were home soaking your feet?
昨晚你在家舒服地泡脚时 你知道我在干嘛吗?
Running my legs off for Mrs. Matuschek.
我还在替马朵查克太太跑腿
“Pepi, go to the dressmaker.” And when I come back:
“派比 去裁缝师那里” 我才刚回来 她又说
“Pepi, will you please pick up a package at the drugstore?”
“派比 到杂货店替我领包裹好吗?”
Good morning. Good morning, Miss Kaczek.
早安 早安 卡柴克小姐
Good morning.
早安
How’s your boy? Much better, thanks.
你的小儿子怎么样了? 好多了 谢谢关心
We called Dr. Hegedus. He’s a very expensive doctor.
我们找了海格笃斯医生 他的收费很昂贵
What can you do?
有什么办法呢?
I thought I’d cut down on my cigars for a few weeks.
我想这几星期得少抽点雪茄
Good morning. Good morning, Ilona.
早安 早安 依洛娜
That’s a new silver fox! it’s stunning! Thank you.
那是新的银狐 真是美呆了 谢谢
It must have been pretty expensive. It was.
肯定很贵吧? 没错
I hesitated a long time before I bought it.
要买♥♥之前我犹豫了很久
I said, “No, I can’t afford it.” Still, I couldn’t take my eyes off it.
我说 “不行 我负担不起” 但我的眼睛却离不开它
I said, “No, I have no right to” And then he said, “Go on and take it.”
然后我又说 “不 我不能…” 然后他说 “快买♥♥下它吧”
Trying to be clever. Shut up.
你又在卖♥♥弄小聪明了 别再说了 好吗?
Good morning.
早安
Pepi, go to the drugstore and get me a bicarbonate of soda.
派比 请你到药房♥ 替我买♥♥瓶小苏打水好吗?
What’s the matter? Do you feel well?
怎么了? 小子 你不舒服吗?
It’s all right.
没事 只是有点…
Good morning, good morning. Good morning.
早安 早安 早安
Want to hear a joke? No.
想听个笑话吗? 不要
What’s the matter, folks?
你们是怎么了?
Not awake yet? Look at me. I bet I haven’t slept half as much as you.
还没醒吗? 看看我 我睡觉的时间 一定比你们少一半
Friends, Romans, countrymen, to tell you the truth…
朋友们 罗马人 同乡们 老实告诉你们
…I had quite a time last night.
昨晚我过得很愉快
We don’t want to hear the poor girl’s name.
我们不想知道那可怜女孩的名字
Kralik, how was the dinner last night? Oh, yes, that’s right.
告诉我 克拉里克 昨天的晚餐如何? 没错 克拉里克先生
Kralik had dinner with the boss last night. How was it? Tell us all about it.
你昨晚跟老板共进晚餐 情况如何? 快告诉我们
Are you a partner now, Mr. Kralik? Don’t be funny.
你升格为合伙人了吗? 克拉里克先生 别开玩笑了
All right, all right!
好啦 好啦
How was it?
快点告诉我们 情况如何?
It was a very nice evening, and I enjoyed myself.
昨晚真的很愉快 我很开心
I bet the food was good. You can imagine.
我相信食物一定很美味 你说得没错
Tell me, is it true Mrs. Matuschek had her face lifted?
告诉我 马朵查克太太 真的拉过皮吗?
How could I know that?
我怎么会知道?
How old did she look to you last night? Well, 40.
在你看来 她应该多少岁? 大概40岁
She had her face lifted.
她绝对拉过皮
I think Mrs. Matuschek is a very charming woman.
我认为马朵查克太太很迷人
Who said she isn’t? Don’t try to make something out of it.
谁说过她不迷人吗? 你别想无中生有
I didn’t say Mrs. Matuschek is not charming.
我可没说马朵查克太太不迷人
But I said she is. What’s wrong with that?
我说她很迷人 这有什么不对吗?
So the food was good?
东西真的很好吃吗?
Seven courses, not including the hots d’oeuvres.
七道菜 还不包括开胃小菜
Were you sitting next to her? I was. What do you think of that?
我想你一定是坐在马朵查克太太旁边 是的 你认为怎么样?
I bet you were brilliant. No, I kept still and tried to learn.
我想你一定很聪明 不 我只是很努力地学习
I see.
我明白了
Your bicarbonate, Mr. Kralik. Thanks, Pepi.
你的小苏打水 克拉里克先生 谢谢你 派比
Bicarbonate? I had a little too much goose liver.
小苏打水 你不是… 昨晚我吃太多鹅肝酱了
What’s the matter? Wasn’t it any good?
我明白了 怎么? 不好吃吗?
Now, look here, Vadas. Just a minute. Folks, come over.
听好了 华达许 等一下 请各位过来一下
Did you hear… I want you to hear this.
你们听到他说什么了吗? 我希望各位都能听听
Did I make any derogatory remark about the goose liver?
我说过批评鹅肝酱的话吗?
No, not any! Not one word!
没有 什么都没说 一句话也没说
I merely said that I had too much goose liver.
我只是说我吃太多鹅肝酱了
“A little too much goose liver.” That’s right.
“吃多了鹅肝酱” 没错
“A little too much goose liver.” Not one word more, and not one less.
正是 只是说太多鹅肝酱罢了 其他的什么都没说
Good morning, Mr. Matuschek. Yes, good morning.
早安 马朵查克先生 嗯 早安
Here.

Good morning. Good morning, Mr. Matuschek.
早安 早安 马朵查克先生
Who put this 32.50 suitcase in the window?
是谁把32元5角的皮箱放在橱窗里的?
I did, Mr. Matuschek.
是我 马朵查克先生
I guess it’s all right. Thank you, Mr. Matuschek.
我认为这样很好 谢谢你 马朵查克先生
Yeah. Pepi. Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
派比 是的 马朵查克先生
Go across the street to the drugstore, and get me some bicarbonate of soda.
到对面药房♥去帮我买♥♥小苏打水
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Allow me, Mr. Matuschek. May I help?
让我来帮忙 马朵查克先生
There we are, Mr. Matuschek.
可以了 马朵查克先生
Pirovitch. Want to hear something nice? Yes. What is it?
皮洛维奇 想不想听些愉快的事? 好啊 什么事?
A letter from a girl.
女孩子写来的信
“My heart was trembling as I walked into the post office…
“当我走进邮局时 心跳得很厉害…
“…and there you were, lying in box 237.
“…你静静地躺在237号♥信箱里
“I took you out of your envelope and read you…
“我把你从信封中取出…
“…read you right there…
“…当场就读了…
“…oh, my dear friend.”
“…亲爱的朋友”
What is all this? You see, I wanted to buy an encyclopedia.
这是什么? 我原本想买♥♥本百科全书
Encyclopedia? What’re you talking about?
百科全书? 你在说什么?
You come to a time in your life when you get tired of going to cafés…
当你厌倦了每晚去咖啡厅或是舞厅时
…dance halls every night, and you want to improve yourself.
就该提升自己
You want to study something about art…
比如学习艺术 文学和历史
…literature and history, how people live in Brazil.
或是人们在巴西的生活方式
Tell me what has all this to do with the letter?
那些跟这封信有什么关系?
You know I can’t afford a new encyclopedia…
你知道我买♥♥不起新的百科全书
…so I was looking through the ads in the paper…
我只好翻阅周日报上的广♥告♥ 结果我翻错页了
…and I got on the wrong page, and I came across this ad, and…
然后我就看到一则广♥告♥
Wait a minute, I have it right here. Here, read that.
等一下 我还带在身上 你看
“Modern girl wishes to correspond on cultural subjects…
“摩登女孩意欲与有文化有修养…
“…anonymously with intelligent, sympathetic, young man.
“…聪明善良的年轻男士匿名交往
“Address: Dear Friend, Post Office 15, Box 237.”
“地址为 亲爱的朋友 15邮局237信箱”
I know those ads. The papers are full of them.
我知道这种广♥告♥ 报纸上很多
How long has this been going on? We’ve exchanged four letters.
你们通信多久了? 我们已经写了四次信
Four letters? And she’s no ordinary girl.
四次? 她不是个普通女孩
Now listen to this:
你听
“Are you tall? Are you short?
“你是高个还是矮个?
“Are your eyes blue? Are they brown? Don’t tell me.
“眼睛是蓝色还是棕色? 别告诉我
“What does it matter so long as our minds meet?”
“只要我们心灵相契 这些又有什么关系?”
That’s beautiful. It is, isn’t it?
真好 很好吧?
Now, wait a minute.
等一下
“We have enough troubles in our daily lives.
“我们每天的生活已经足够苦闷
“There are so many great and beautiful things…
“世上还有许多美妙伟大的事情
“…to discuss in this world of ours…
“…值得我们讨论…
“…it would be wasting precious moments…
“…把珍贵的时间花在告诉对方…
“…if we told each other the vulgar details…
“…我们如何讨生活实在太浪费了…
“…of how we earn our daily bread, so don’t let’s do it.”
“…所以我们别这么做”
Mr. Kralik.
克拉里克先生
Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
来了 马朵查克先生
Yes, Mr. Matuschek.
什么事? 马朵查克先生
I can buy two dozen of these cigarette boxes at Miklos Brothers.
我向米克罗兄弟公♥司♥买♥♥了两打香烟盒
What do you think of it? I think it’s great. Well, open it.
你认为如何? 我觉得很棒 把它打开
No, Mr. Matuschek, it’s not for us.
不 马朵查克先生 这不适合我们
But you haven’t listened to it. It plays Ochi Tchornya.
可是你还没听到呢 它会演奏「欧奇恰尼亚」
Even if it played Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, I’d still say no.
就算它演奏贝多芬九号♥交响曲 我还是会说不
I just don’t like the idea.
我不喜欢这个点子
It’s wonderful how you make up your mind so quickly.
你能这么快就下定决心真棒
I’ve been in this business for 35 years.
这一行我已经做了35年
It took me a whole hour to decide that I like this box.
我花了一小时才决定喜不喜欢这些盒子
But, of course, you’re a genius. You know so much more than I.
不过你是个天才 你懂的比我更多
Mr. Vadas. Coming, Mr. Matuschek.
华达许先生 来了 马朵查克先生
Miss Novotni. Yes, Mr. Matuschek?
诺渥特尼小姐 是的 马朵查克先生

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!