它可以直接从大脑获取视觉信息
It can take visual information straight from the brain.
他们就可以复原我们的梦境 像看电视一样看它们
Once I do that, we can suck our dreams and look at them like television.
这不可能 – 他们就是这么对伽利略说的
That’s impossible. – That’s what they said to Galileo.
因为这个原因 他拒绝归还挪亚的手稿
For that reason he refused to give back the ‘noa noa’ manuscript,
这是高更在塔希提逗留期间写的
written by Gauguin during his stay in Tahiti,
所以它将留在法国,它将被捐赠给现代艺术博物馆
so it will remain in France. It will be donated to the museum of modern art.
哦,是的
Oh, yes.
这是一次奇妙的冒险
“It’s a curious adventure”
对一个作家来说 你打字速度不快
For a writer you don’t type very fast.
如何拼写讨厌?
How do you spell “nuisance”?
我更喜欢你沮丧的时候 温特
I like it better when you’re depressed, Winter.
彼得 – 什么事 艾迪特
Peter? – Yes, Edith.
你字典查得怎么样了?
How far have you got with your dictionary?
我正在学习的单词是“ingerir”
The word I am at is “inngirre”.
脸庞
Face!
早上好 这里是是斯坦利·吉博士
Good morning, you’ve got the Dr. Stanley J. Top of the hour
博纳迪诺10号♥和405号♥发布最高交通警报,你知道怎么回事?
traffic alert inbound on the San Bernadino on the 10 and the 405. You know how it is.
快速看一下周五天气 1999年12月31日,本世纪最后一天
A quick look at the weather for this Friday, December 31st, 1999 the last day of the century
正常了 正常了
It’s okay! It’s okay!
它在太空!爆♥炸♥发生在太空!
It was in space! The blast was all in space!
我们有一个矿体收音机 收到洛杉矶的广播电台
We have a crystal radio! It was in the radio station in Los Angeles!
你得听听这个 耳机
You’ve got to listen to this! The earphones.
我可以给你戴上吗?
Can I put them on you?
这个世界还存在
The world is still alive!
那是千禧年的前夕
It was the eve of the year 2000.
世界各地一定都有派对
There must have been parties all over the world.
但没有什么能比澳大利亚中部这次更欢乐
But no celebration could have been happier than this one in Central Australia,
在澳大利亚姆班图亚人的土地上
in the land of the Mbantua people.
但当我们唱歌♥跳舞的时候 我们不知道我们中有一个人
But as we sang and danced we couldn’t know that one of us
不会跟随我们进入新千年
was not going to follow us into the new millennium.
这太疯狂了,整个世界还在正常运转
This is insane. Just when you’ve found out the world is okay,
你就这样低吟着离去?
you’re singing yourself to death?
世界并不和平
The world is not okay.
你知道这世界并不太平
You know the world is not okay.
你不能就这样决定去死
You can’t just decide to die.
我没有决定任何事情
I don’t decide anything.
我只是放手
I just let go.
抱歉 亲爱的,我们给你的压力太大了
I’m sorry, my love. We’ve been pushing you too hard.
不是的 亨利
No, Henry.
没什么好遗憾的,生命终会结束
There’s nothing to be sorry for. Life ends.
但我终于看到了,这么多年过去了
But I’ve seen, finally…after all these years.
亲爱的 这就是我们的故事
This is our story, my darling.
这是一场追逐,一出舞蹈…
What a chase it has been. What a dance…
求你 别这样对我
Just don’t do this to me, please.

Listen…
他们在唱歌♥…
Listen to them singing.
♪我怀念这些时光 我岂能忘记任何一天 相信我吧
♪I’m thinking of the days, I won’t forget a single day, believe me
♪我希望那光芒
♪I bless the light. I bless the light
♪我希望那光芒永远在你身上闪耀 相信我吧,即使在你走后
♪The light that shines on you, believe me, even if you left
♪我仍能感受到你在我身边,相信我
♪you would be with me every day, trust me
♪那些时光我此生难忘
♪Days I’ll remember all my life
♪即使在那段日子里,你前路未卜
♪Days when you can’t see wrong from right
♪你是我生命的意义,尽管你即将离去
♪You took my life, But then I knew that very soon you’d leave me
♪没关系
♪But it’s all right
♪起码现在我不再畏惧这个世界,相信我吧
♪Now I’m not frightened of this world, believe me
♪我多么希望明日如旧
♪I wish today could be tomorrow
♪夜色已深,引人伤悲
♪The night is dark, It just brings sorrow
♪让它等待
♪let it wait
♪感谢你曾出现在那些日子里
♪Thank you for the days
♪那无尽的光阴里,你带来了神圣的时光
♪Those endless days, those sacred days you gave me
♪我仍在怀念那些日子
♪I’m thinking of the days
♪我岂能忘记任何一天,相信我
♪I won’t forget a single day, believe me
♪那些时光我此生难忘
♪Days I’ll remember all my life
♪即使在那段日子里,你前路未卜
♪Days when you can’t see wrong from right
♪你是我生命的全部,尽管你即将离去
♪You took my life, But then I knew that very soon you’d leave me
♪没关系,现在我不再畏惧这个世界,相信我
♪But it’s all right, Now I’m not frightened of this world, believe me
♪感谢你曾出现在那些日子里
♪Days. Thank you for the days
♪那无尽的光阴里,你带来了神圣的时光
♪Those endless days, those sacred days you gave me
♪我仍在怀念那些日子
♪I’m thinking of the days
♪我岂能忘记任何一天,相信我
♪I won’t forget a single day, believe me
♪我希望那光芒
♪I bless the light, I bless the light
♪我希望那光芒永远在你身上闪耀
♪that shines on you, believe me
♪即使在你走后,我仍能感受到你在我身边,相信我
♪And though you’re gone, You’re with me every single day, believe me
♪那些时光
♪Days…
现在,我的孩子
Umbjana, my child.
走吧,让女人们去做该做的事情
Let’s go now. Women’s business.
当艾迪特·米塔娜被埋葬于袋鼠平原的泥土里
When Edith Mbtjana was buried in the earth at the Kangaroo Plain,
她丈夫遵循土著人的死亡传统
her husband followed the aboriginal traditions for death,
但仪式结束后 他忽视那些悼念
but after the ceremony, he neglected those for mourning.
没人想到他会试图打破那些严肃的禁忌
It occurred to no one that he might be attempting to break more serious taboos.
你现在走吧 亨利 离开这里
You come along now, Henry. You come away from here.
你知道你在这里是不对的
You know it’s wrong for you to be here.
彼得 你错了 但对我来说没问题
Wrong for you, Peter. But okay for me.
你知道的…我是个白人
You know… I’m a white fellow, you know.
再见 山姆 – 当心 奇科
Goodbye, Sam. – Beware, Chico.
再见 菲兹派崔克
Goodbye, Fritzpatrick.
侦探 会写信吗? 温特先生?
Do detectives write, Mr. Winter?
这取决于邮费 – 好吧 那我们保持联♥系♥
It depends on the expense. – Well, keep in touch.
那是2000年2月,分手的时候到了
It was Februray of the year 2000. The time had come for partings.
温特 奇科 巴伊特 巴雷特和莉迪娅都回家了
Winter, Chico, Buzzer, Burt and Lydia all went home,
故事似乎要结束了
thinking the story was over..
克莱尔和山姆终于可以他们把之前的生活抛在脑后了
Claire and Sam finally felt that they’d left their old lives behind them.
他们期待刚刚开始的新生活
They were looking forward to a life together that just seemed to be beginning.
我还留在附近,不管怎样 我不想回巴黎
I stuck around. I didn’t feel like going back to Paris, anyway.
我寻找到内心的孤独,它让我以一种非常自律的方式工作
I’d found a heart-felt solititude which allowed me to work in a very disciplined way.
我搬进了现在已经废弃的广播电台
I moved into the now defunct radio station
写下我所谓的小说的最后一章
to write what I thought what was going to be the last chapter of my novel.
但我们谁也不料到 法伯博士正从事一项新的研究
But none of us knew that Dr. Farber was pursuing a new line of research,
这会带领我们去探索另外一个危险旅程
which would take us all on to another journey,
沿着危险的路径,踏入梦幻的花♥园♥
down dangerous pathways. Down into the garden of dreams itself.
这都可以拿诺贝尔奖了 – 如果只是想让盲人恢复视力
This is a Nobel Prize matter. – For making people see,
如果这是你想做的工作
yes. – If that’s what you want,
好吧,我会留下来 我甚至可以帮你写论文
fine. – I’ll stay. I’ll even help you write the papers.
好吧,- 但这不是,我马上走了
Fine. – But turn it around and we’re leaving,
并且这位老人要和我们一起走
and this old man’s leaving with us.
你不认为他自己可以决定吗? – 不 我们一同决定 法伯博士
Don’t you think that’s his decision? – No, that’s our people’s decision, Dr. Farber.
你想把他的梦记录下来 – 我绝不会伤害你的人
You want to record pictures of his dreams. – I would never hurt your people!
你是我哥哥 亨利,这点永远不会改变 永远不会
You’re my brother, Henry. That never changes. Never.
你帮助了我们的人♥民♥ 为此我感谢你
You helped our people, and for that I thank you.
但我不明白你想要什么 如果隆达没有…
But I didn’t understand what you wanted. If Ronda hadn’t…
彼得 在我们这个星球的历史上 从来没有人这样做过
Peter, no one ever did this before, in the history of our planet!
而且这还是份他妈的好工作 – 是的
And a damn good job, too. – Yes.
你能把任何杰作挂在墙上
Imagine what you could hang on your walls,
而不是我人♥民♥的涂鸦
instead of my people’s paintings.
可以复原我们的内心 我们的梦境
You could exhibit the inside of our heads! Our dreamings,
还有 我们所有的秘密 你知道的 亨利
and all our old people’s secret knowledge. You know that, Henry!
你以为我们允许你带着相机在梦里漫游?
You think we want you walking through our dreamings with your fancy cameras?
你也要走了吗? 内德? -是的 我要和我手下的人一起去
You are leaving, too, Ned? – Yes, I am going with my people.
全能的上帝!
God Almighty!
没关系 他睡着了
It’s okay. He’s in deep sleep.

No!
他在做什么?
What’s he doing?
他想记录下我们的梦
He’s trying to record his own dreams.
技术原理是一样的:他接收自己的大脑信♥号♥♥
The technology’s the same: He takes his brain signals
把它们变成屏幕上的图片
and turns them into pictures on the screen.
看起来不太有可能 – 拭目以待吧
That doesn’t look very promising. – We’ll see.
起初 只有法伯博士能看到他的实验所带来的希望
At first, only Dr. Farber could see the promise of his experiments
他和卡尔日以继夜地工作
He and Karl worked around the clock.
但他们的劳动成果似乎只不过是…
But the fruit of their labor seemed to be nothing more than
数字 噪音 色彩 以及灯光的混乱节奏
a chaotic rhythm of digital noise, colors, and lights.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!