头发里插支铅笔的性感女郎
the glasses and the pencil in her hair.
放下头发 做了那个动作
Then she drops her hair and does that thing.
我真以为他写的是这个呢
I thought that’s what he was talking about.
不 不是的
No, that’s not…
他说这是他听过的最无稽的笑话
That was just…he thought that was the funniest thing he’s ever heard.
Liberian Girl的片子估计就是
The video for Liberian Girl is probably the point where
预算没了的时候顺手拍的
they may have run over budget.
就是很多名人
It just has a bunch of celebrities
等着Michael出现的场景
that are waiting for Michael to show up.
Michael没出现在Liberian Girl中
Michael was not in Liberian Girl
因为我想他厌倦拍片子了
because I think he got tired of making videos.
我跟Walter Yetnikoff谈起这个
I was talking to Walter Yetnikoff about it and he said,
他说”你总得让他出现啊”
“You’ve got to get him in the video.”
我就打给Michael说
So I called up Michael and said,
“你总得在片子里露个面”
“You’ve got to be in this video someplace.”
他就说”行 我有个点子”
And he goes, “OK, I have an idea.”
他说 “你只能拍一次 15分钟”
And he goes, “You got one take. You got 15 minutes.”
“等等 我好了就告诉你 等等”
One sec. Just let me tell you when I’m ready. One sec.
– 行了吗 – 马上
– Ready? – Almost.
他坐在椅子上 然后等工作人员 把椅子升起来后就说 “开拍”
And he got in the chair, they raised it up in the air, and said, “Action!”
开拍
Action!
好了 各位 杀青
OK, everybody. That’s a wrap.

Cut!
他们连车都没灭
They didn’t even shut the engine off.
就直接下车 没化妆 坐在椅子里
They got out of the car, no make up, got in the chair.
一次拍成 然后Michael就走了
It was one take. In, out, and Michael left.
我都要笑话自己了
I’m going to mock myself.
请再来一次
More time, please.
“Just Good Friends”对那专辑来说如何 呃
How did Just Good Friends make that album? Well…
Michael或Stevie 本来可以写一首更好的歌♥
Michael or Stevie could’ve written a better song.
– 真的 – 从他们以前写过的歌♥里选一首
– Exactly. – Taken something from their back catalogue.
一张专辑得有高峰与山谷
An album should be built with peaks and valleys.
Michael Jackson在”Bad”中 基本等于是献上了11座高峰
Michael Jackson with Bad actually tried to achieve 11 peaks.
我相信在Michael看来 全部歌♥曲都必须给你震撼
I believe that in Michael’s head everything had to hit you
而且绝对要成为出色的单曲
out the box, and absolutely become a monstrous single.
因为全部都可能单独发行
And because they were attempting to go for the single,
Motown学校以前两位神童的这次高峰合作 (指黑人音乐唱片公♥司♥)
and the summit meeting between two former child prodigies
我们肯定期待擦出火花
from the Motown school, that you expected fireworks.
“Just Good Friends”结果却成了
You know, Just Good Friends just wound up being a little
“Liberian Girl”和 “Another Part Of Me”的小过渡
coffee break in between Liberian Girl and Another Part Of Me.
我觉得当时确实本该有…
I think there was a lot that did exist at that point that
一样强烈或更强烈的作品
would have been…as strong or stronger.
他确实应该有更出色的表现
I mean, his vault has got to be staggering.
– 我的兄弟Stevie Wonder – 才华横溢
– My man Stevie wonder. – I mean, unbelievable talent.
他也是那样一个工作狂
And he’s another worker like that.
每天都在工作录音
He’d be working and recording every day.
我专辑里有一首歌♥ 我的”Character”专辑 我希望他能加入
I had on my album that I wanted him to do…my character’s album,
那首歌♥就是”Get It”
which was Get It.
我们算是帮对方的忙
So we sort of both did each other a favour, favour, favour.
但我要确保他帮我的那首歌♥ 是我自己写的
But I made sure the song he did of mine I wrote.
是啊
Yeah.
那一首 我们没选对歌♥
That one, we couldn’t get the right song.
我知道这歌♥不对
I know I didn’t have the right song so…
如果有人说这歌♥不好 我也知道它不好
If somebody says that didn’t work, I know it didn’t work.
– 开始糟糕了 – 我可以把这部分放进去
– It’s starting to get stinky now. – I can just punch that part in.
– 不是吧 – 很好
Excuse me? Great.
我们可以回家了吗
Can we go home?
– 就这样了吗 – 我逃之夭夭了 对吧
– Is that it? – I just ran off, didn’t I?
“Another part of me” 我在Bad里最喜欢的单曲
Another Part Of Me. My favourite cut on the Bad album.
那首歌♥里所运用的乐器
All the instruments incorporated in that song,
还有他的歌♥声 这学不来的
as well as just his vocals, nobody can kind of, you know, teach that.
与生俱来
I think that’s just natural.
在他那个时代
So whatever he was on at that time, when he was just like,
他想要展现想要做的事
“Yo, I’m in this. I feel this. I need to do this.”
觉得都是上天赐予的
Like, I just think that’s his blessing.
那首歌♥本身原不打算收录进这专辑
The song itself actually wasn’t going to make it onto the album
因为他是之前录音的
because he’d recorded it earlier.
他其实更喜欢一首叫”Streetwalker”的歌♥
And he actually preferred a song called Streetwalker.
最后的标准总是 哪首歌♥可以让Michael起舞
The litmus test is always, what song gets Michael dancing?
所以当Quincy看到Michael听着Another Part Of Me 在整个录音室里上窜下跳
So when Quincy saw Michael dancing all round the studio to
他就拍板了 把这首歌♥收入进了专辑
Another Part Of Me said, “That’s what makes this song go on the album.”
MJ的”Bad”是黑人音乐
Michael Jackson’s Bad is black music,
我敢说 是最适合大型场馆表演的 流行音乐专辑
dare I say, pop music’s first stadium album.
我能感觉到他曾经在脑海里 把专辑里的每一首歌♥
Every song, I can hear it being thought of in his head as,
如何在6到8万人面前进行表演的情景
“This is what I want it to be
都想象过
“when I perform it in front of 60,000 to 80,000 people.”
人们忘记了Michael Jackson是个灵魂歌♥手
People forget that Michael Jackson’s a soul singer.
他是看着Jackie Wilson
Michael Jackson grew up watching Jackie Wilson,
James Brown的灵魂音乐长大的
James Brown and the whole circuit,
所以他最在行的还是回归狂野
so his default move is always to go raw.
– 我很喜欢Dirty Diana 也许是我的最爱之一 – 为什么啊
– I love Dirty Diana. That’s probably one of my favourites. – Why?
那是一个疯狂追星族的真实写照
Because it’s a life story of a groupie,
我不想用这个词 不过这是事实
I hate to say the word groupie but that’s what it is,
我碰到过这样的人
and it’s something that I’ve experienced
很多从小到大都在巡演的人也碰到过
and a lot of people who grew up on the road.
卑鄙的戴安娜
Dirty Diana.
谁知道有一天 我也会有歌♥里这样的经历呢
Who knew that one day I would live that song in real life
这么多次
so many times over.
我喜欢Dirty Diana 我见过她 我见过Dirty Diana许多次
I like Dirty Diana. I’ve met her. I’ve met Dirty Diana many times.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你 Michael 写了这么一首歌♥来描写
Thank you, Michael, for making that small piece of the soundtrack
我的巡演生活
to my life on tour.
我们小时候都想啊 “他唱的是不是Diana Ross呢”
When we were kids, we thought, “Was he talking about Diana Ross?
“他是不是跟Diana Ross有暧昧啊”
“Did he have an affair with Diana Ross?”
不 不是那样的
No, that wasn’t the case at all.
但小时候我们不知道是怎么回事 Diana是谁
But as kids we didn’t know what was going on. Who was Diana?
她干了什么破事?
What she did dirty!
我突然接到Quincy的来电
I got a phone call out of the clear blue from Quincy
我以为是有人耍我呢
and I thought somebody was fucking with me.
他电♥话♥里说”我是Quincy Jones”
So he goes, “Um…it’s Quincy Jones.
“我们在筹备Michael继Thriller后的专辑” “我们有一段摇滚音轨要录”
“We’re working on Michael’s follow-up to Thriller. We’ve got a rock track.”
可我不是录音室吉他手呢 老兄
I’m not a session guitar player, man.
我怕做不好
I don’t, you know, I’m not that world.
我对Quincy说”我只要求Michael”
So I said to Quincy, “The only thing I ask is that Michael
“也要和我一起在录音室工作”
“be in the studio and we work together.”
他说”他当然会在录音室 那是他的专辑啊”
He said, “Of course he’ll be in the studio. It’s his fucking record, man.
“他会在录音室的”
“He’s going to be in the studio.”
我打开位于Westlake的录音室的门 看到三个人
I opened up the studio door in Westlake and three guys,
Bruce Swedien 录音师 Quincy Jones 还有Michael Jackson
Bruce Swedien, the engineer, Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson,
我第一个注意到的是 Michael穿着硬币袋式乐福鞋
and the first thing I noticed was Michael had penny loafers on
他们都很朴实 我就想
and they were like pristine and I was like,
“没事的 他都穿着硬币袋式乐福鞋”
“I’ll be all right. He’s wearing penny loafers.”
这就是我录制Dirty Diana的那把吉他
This is the actual guitar that I recorded Dirty Diana with.
大体上 它一直都在盒子里
By and large, I’d say it’s probably been in the case.
也许只打开过一次
Maybe it’s only been opened one time,
我其实不怎么弹这种吉他
I don’t really play this kind of guitar that much.
背景音轨大概有8分钟
The backing track was about eight minutes long
我在弹奏的时候
and as the track is playing down,
Michael就站在这个位置 哼调子
Michael is like right here and he’s going…
他非常在意第三段的…
And he was really adamant there’s that little space
一个间隔 很细微的
on the third phrase, it’s a subtle thing
我并没有立即发现
and I didn’t catch it right away.
但这个很小的细节
That little thing was
对Michael来说却很重要 就是抓住那个小小的空隙
so important to Michael, to catch that little space there.
我还说这个停顿 干嘛那么斤斤计较啊
I was like, “Why is he making such a big thing about it not playing?”
不过其实是很重要的
It’s brilliant though.
停顿跟演奏一样重要
It’s as important what you don’t play as what you do play.
现在听还是很棒
It’s still good.
我们想要拍摄Dirty Diana
We wanted to do Dirty Diana
同时想通过影片来改变
and so both videos were to kind of change

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!