世人都喜欢抱怨
The world is full of complainers.
可事实却是 万事无绝对
The fact is, nothing comes with aguarantee.
不管你是教皇
I don’t care if you’re the pope of Rome,
美国总统 或是年度风云人物
president of the United States or man of the year.
都有碰到麻烦的时候
Something can always go wrong.
那么就去抱怨吧
Go ahead, you know, complain,
跟你的邻居讲讲你的麻烦事儿
tell your problems to your neighbor,
让他帮帮忙 然后看他四处散播
ask for help and watch him fly.
在俄♥罗♥斯♥ 人们就是这样做的
Now, in Russia, they got it mapped out…
每个人都能找到能帮他的人
so that everyone pulls for everyone else.
这也成了一种理论
That’s the theory anyway.
但是我的理论却是基于德克萨斯
What I know about is Texas.
在德州 你只能靠你自己
Down here, you’re on your own.
他给了我一个珍珠柄的点38手♥枪♥
He gave me a little pearl-handled.38
作为第一个纪念日的礼物
for our first anniversary.

Un-huh.
我觉得我最好在用它(枪)对付他以前离开
Figured I’d better leave before I used it on him.
我真搞不懂你怎么能受得了他
I just don’t know how you can stand him.
我只是一个雇员 我可没和他结婚
I’m only an employee. I ain’t married to him. Yeah.
只不过
It’s just…
我不知道该说些什么
I don’t know.
有时我觉得他有点问题
Sometimes I think maybe there’s something wrong with him.
也许他有病 精神上有问题
Like maybe he’s sick…mentally.
或者精神有问题的人是我 你觉得呢
Or is it maybe me, do you think?
听着 我
Listen, I…
不是婚姻顾问
I ain’t a marriage counselor.
我不知道发生了什么
I don’t know what goes on.
我也不想知道
I don’t wanna know.
但我喜欢你
But I like you.
我一直喜欢着你
I always liked you.
你来休斯顿做什么
What are you gonna do in Houston?
我来弄清楚些事情
I’ll figure something out.
下这么大雨 你为什么还好心开车送我
How come you offered to drive me in this mess?
我说过我喜欢你
I told you. I like you.
我可从来不知道啊
I never knew that.
好吧 现在你知道了
Well, now you do.
见鬼
Hell!
停车 雷
Stop the car, Ray!
你认识那辆车
You know that car?
不认识
No.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我只是在想也许我正在犯一个错误
I just think maybe I’m making a mistake.
那有什么
What was that back there?

Back where?
那个牌子
That sign.
不知道
I don’t know.
一个汽车旅馆
Motel.
阿比 雷
Abby…Ray?
你刚才说的是真的吗
Did you mean what you said before?
或者你只是想表现得像个绅士
Or were you just being a gentleman?
阿比 我喜欢你
Abby, I like you.
但是现在开始任何事情都毫无意义
But it’s no point in starting anything now.

Yeah.
-我是说 我可不是婚姻顾问 -是的
-I mean, I ain’t a marriage counselor. -Yeah.
你想干什么
What do you wanna do?
你想干什么
What do you wanna do?
你好 玩得开心吗
Hello. Having a good time?
是谁 我不知道
Who is this? I don’t know.
你是谁
Who’s this?
你还在那儿 是的 我还在
You still there? Yeah, I’m still here.

Ray?
是谁
Yeah? Who was it?
你丈夫
Your husband.
我知道你可在哪儿弄到这些照片
I know where you can get those framed.
你为什么拍这些照片
Why’d you take these?
你这话什么意思 我只是在做我的工作
What do you mean? Just doin’ my job.
你给我打电♥话♥ 我知道他们当时在那儿
You called me. I knew they were there.
你干吗要拍这些
Why’d you take ’em?
怎么说呢
I don’t know.
这叫做意外收获
Call it a fringe benefit.
你监视他们多久了
How long you watch ’em?
几乎整晚
Most of the night.
他们每次干完休息几分钟 然后又接着干
They’d rest every few minutes, then…they’d get started again.

Hmm.
真不赖啊
Quite somethin’.
听着 在希腊
Hmm. You know in Greece…
人们总会把报厄运的信使的脑袋砍下来
they would cut off the head of the messenger that brought the bad news.
太离谱了
That don’t make much sense.
是够离谱
No.
但他们乐意这样做
Made them feel better.
首先
Well, first off,
朱利安
Julian,
我可不知道希腊是什么情况
I don’t know what the story is in Greece,
但在这个州 我们有明确的法律保障
but in this state we got very definite laws about that.
第二 我不是什么信使
Second, I’m not a messenger.
我只是个私♥家♥侦♥探♥
I’m a private investigator.
第三 而且是最重要的一点
And third and most important,
这不是什么坏消息
it ain’t such bad news.
我是说 你原先以为他是有色人种
I mean, you thought he was colored.
你总是往最坏的地方想
You’re always assumin’ the worst.
说完了吗
Anything else?
那别再来这儿了
Mm-hmm. Don’t come around here anymore.
如果我需要你时 我知道该怎么做
If I need ya, I’ll know what rock to turn over.
好极了
That’s good!
知道该怎么做
“What rock to turn over.”
很好
Very, very good!
你要砍我脑袋前给我来电♥话♥
Give me a call whenever you wanna cut off my head.
我没脑袋照样溜达
I can always crawl around without it.
我们稍后再见 你们大家千万别离开
We’ll be back after a spell. Hope you will be too.
停 停
Hold it, hold it.
我刚才讲到哪儿了
Where was I?
你刚才讲到大火山
You were telling me about the Ring of Fire.
哦 对
Oh, yeah, right. Look.
刚才我讲到有这么些火山 对吧
You got all these volcanoes, right?
然后只要有一座喷发
And every time one goes “pop,”
你猜会有什么样的效果
you got the equivalent of what?
相当于2000万到3000万吨♥
Twenty, thirty megatons of
TNT炸♥药♥
T.N.T.
缪里斯
Meurice.
我晓得了 马蒂 你有话快说
Yeah, I know, Marty, pour’em short.
雷来过吗 没 他今晚不来
Did Ray come in yet?
他昨晚在哪儿
You know it’s his night off.
我怎么知道他昨晚在哪儿
Where was he last night? How would I know where he was last night?
我不知道 他没打电♥话♥
I don’t know. Didn’t he call?
这位是
Marty, this is, um,
我的一个老朋友 叫德布拉
an old friend of mine, this is Debra.
德布拉 这是朱利安 马蒂
Debra, this is julian Marty.
杜斯在那边角落里 他需要帮助
Deuce in the corner needs help.
好 知道了
Right.
你认识缪里斯多长时间了 差不多10年了
How long you known Meurice? About ten years.
10年了 你今晚准备干吗
Ten years. What are you doin’ tonight?
跟缪里斯出去
Goin’ out with Meurice.
告诉他你头痛
Tell him you have a headache.
我不愿意这么做
I’ll pass.
我们好像很不投机啊
We don’t seem to be…communicating…
你想赶我啊
Look, you wanna hustle me?
-我可不想被赶走 -你不想
-I don’t wanna be hustled. -You don’t?
就这么简单 哦 就这么简单
It’s as simple as that. Oh, it’s as simple as that.
如果他们来了 别说我在这儿 好吗
Meurice, I’m not here if Ray comes, okay?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!