相见恨晚
主 演
茜莉娅·强森 特雷弗·霍华德
导 演
大卫·里恩
晚上好,戈比先生
Evening, Mr. Godby.
– 你好 – 来了个陌生人,是吧
– Hello, hello, hello. – Quite the stranger, aren’t you?
– 昨天我没有进来 – 我还以为你有什么事情了?
– I couldn’t get in yesterday. – I wondered what had happened to you.
– 我跟人家吵架 – 为什么?
– I had a bit of a dustup. – What about?
看到一个家伙从一等的车厢里出来
Saw a chap getting out of a first-class compartment.
然后看看他的票,只是三等的
When he came to give up his ticket, it was only third class.
我要他给齐钱,但是他威胁我
I told him to pay the excess, and he turned nasty.
– 我只好去叫了索多先生 – 那不会有什么用的
– I had to send for Mr. Saunders. – Fat lot of good he’d be.
– 他怪他 – 看了才相信
– He ticked him off. – Seeing’s believing.
我跟你说,他很正确的责备他
I tell you, he ticked him off proper.
你快点付清,不然的话我会把你交给警员
“You pay the balance at once, or I’ll hand you over to the police.”
你真的应该看看那个家伙的脸,当他听到警员这个词的时候
You ought to have seen the chap’s face at the mention of the word “police.”
立刻换了副嘴脸,然后立刻把钱付了
Changed his tune. Then he paid up like lightning.
那就是我的意思,他没有自己处理问题的勇气
That’s what I mean. He didn’t have the courage to handle it himself.
– 他必须去叫员警 – 他很好的,索多先生
– He had to call in the police. – Aw, he’s not a bad lot, Mr. Saunders.
你不能对一个只有一个肺的男人和有糖尿病的妻子期望有太多的热情
You can’t expect much spirit from a man with one lung and a wife with diabetes.
我想你没有来真的是件损失
I thought something must be wrong when you didn’t come.
– 我应该留下来好好解释的,但是我有个约会,我必须走了 – 真的
– I would’ve popped in to explain, but I had a date and had to run. – Indeed.
– 我知道你就要结婚了 – 真的非常有趣,我确信
– Chap I know is getting married. – Very interesting, I’m sure.
– 你发生什么事情了? – 我不是很确定你指的是什么
– What’s up with you, anyway? – I’m sure I don’t know to what you’re referring.
– 你忽然变得不是很友好 – 贝里尔,快点
– You’re a bit unfriendly all of a sudden. – Beryl, hurry up.
当你在里面的时候,放多点煤在炉子里
Put some more coal in the stove while you’re at it.
我可能没有时间在这里闲聊了
I’m afraid I can’t really stand here wasting my time in idle gossip, Mr. Godby.
– 你不请我喝杯茶吗 – 当你喝完那一杯的时候
– Aren’t you going to offer me another cup? – When you’ve finished that one.
贝里尔会给你的,我要看看我的帐目了
Beryl’ll give it to you. I’ve got my accounts to do.
我明白了,我更想是你给我
I see. I’d rather you gave it to me.
时间和潮水是不会等人的,戈比先生
Time and tide wait for no man, Mr. Godby.
– 萝拉,真是个很好的惊奇 – 哦,多利
– Laura, what a lovely surprise! – Oh, Dolly.
亲爱的,我们要一直买♥♥下去
My dear, I’ve been shopping till I’m dropping.
我的腿差不多要断了,我要喝水
My feet are nearly off, my throat’s parched.
我想到斯宾多那里喝杯茶,但是我又很怕会坐不上火车了
I thought of having tea in Spindle’s, but I was terrified of losing the train.
– 亲爱的 – 那是哈威医生
– Oh, dear. – This is Dr. Harvey.
– 你还好吗? – 你能不能给我拿杯茶?
– How do you do? – Would you be a perfect dear and get me my cup of tea?
我真的不相信像我这样的老骨头能到柜台
I really don’t think I could drag my poor old bones over to the counter.
请不要这样
No, please.
亲爱的,真是个很好看的人,他到底是谁?
Dear, what a nice-looking man. Who on earth is he?
你真的是匹黑♥马♥,我早上真的应该打电♥话♥给佛瑞德挑拨离间下
You’re quite a dark horse. I shall telephone Fred in the morning and make mischief.
这里面有点运气,我已经很长时间没有看见你了
This is a bit of luck. I haven’t seen you for ages.
我本来想来的,但是托尼患了麻疹,然后菲利斯在旁边一直大惊小怪的
I’ve been meaning to pop in, but Tony’s had measles and I had all that fuss over Phyllis.
– 但是,当然,你不知道,亲爱的,她离开我了 – 真的很糟糕
– But, of course, you don’t know. My dear, she left me. – Oh, how dreadful.
注意下你自己吧,我从来没有很关心过她,但是托尼很爱慕她
Mind you, I never cared for her much, but Tony adored her.
等在火车上我会跟你说完的非常谢谢你
I’ll tell you all about that later in the train. Thank you so very much.
在里面肯定是有足够的牛奶,而且,很提神
There’s certainly enough milk in it, but still, it’ll be refreshing.
– 亲爱的,没有糖 – 在勺子里
– Oh, dear, no sugar. – It’s in the spoon.
是的,我很笨
Oh, of course. What a fool I am.
萝拉,你看去很好,我希望早点来
Laura, you’re looking frightfully well. I wish I’d known you were coming in today.
我们边走边聊
We could’ve come together and lunched and had a good gossip.
我喜欢一个人去买♥♥东西
I loathe shopping by myself anyway.
– 那是你的车 – 是的,我知道
– There’s your train. – Yes, I know.
– 你不和我们一起走吗? – 我的方向是相反的,我的目标是科列尔
– Aren’t you coming with us? – I go in the opposite direction. My practice is in Churley.
– 我明白了 – 我是全科医师
– Oh, I see. – I’m a general practitioner.
– 哈威医生准备下个星期去非洲 – 哦,多么可怕啊
– Dr. Harvey’s going out to Africa next week. – Oh, how thrilling.
五点四十到科列尔
the 5:40 to Churley, Leigh Green and Langdon.
– 我必须走了 – 是的,你必须走了
– I must go. – Yes, you must.
– 再见 – 再见
– Good-bye. – Good-bye.
他一定要跑了,否则他会错过的,他就要到达站台了
He’ll have to run, or he’ll miss it. He’s got to get over to the platform.
讨论错过的火车让我想起了在博翰交汇处那座恶心的桥
Talking of missing trains reminds me of that awful bridge at Broadham Junction.
你必须在一边的不停的游荡,直到另一边
You’ve got to go traipsing all up one side along the top and down the other.
好的,下次吧,我正忙着要延续租期
Well, the other day, I’d been over about renewing the lease.
我到达车站刚好有半分钟的空闲时间
I arrived at the station at exactly half a minute to spare.
亲爱的,我很轻松了,我带了托尼和我一起
My dear, I flew. I’d got Tony with me,
我像个傻瓜一样,在客厅里买♥♥了一个新灯罩
and like a fool, I just bought a new shade for the lamp in the drawing room.
我本来应该像在米尔福德这里一样的容易
I could’ve gotten it just as easily here in Milford.
好的,我想那是最大的事情了吧,我几乎不能查看它
Well, it was the most enormous thing. I could hardly see over it.
在我生活里我从来没有这么紧张过,我还差点把一个女人撞倒了
I’ve never been in such a hurry in my life. I nearly knocked a woman down.
我一到家,我觉得我人都要碎了
By the time I got home, it was battered to bits.
那是我们的车?那是凯特沃斯的车?
Oh, is that our train? Is that the ketchworth train?
– 不,那是快车 – 是慢车
– No, it’s the express. – The boat train.
当然,那个中途不停的,我想要点巧克力
Oh, of course. That doesn’t stop, does it? I want some chocolate, please.
– 牛奶的还是普通的? – 普通的就好了
– Milk or plain? – Plain, I think.
不,可能有牛奶的好点,你们还有坚果吗
Or, no, perhaps milk would be nicer. Have you any with nuts?
坚果牛奶,一先令还是六便士?
Nestle’s Nut Milk. Shilling or sixpence?
我要一包普通的和一包坚果牛奶
I’ll take one plain and one nut milk.
– 大包的还是小包的? – 大包的
– Large or small? – Large, please.
好的
Oh.
她在哪里?
Where is she?
我没有看到她
I never noticed her go.
我不知道你去做什么了
Oh, I couldn’t think where you’d disappeared to.
我只是想看看快车经过
I just wanted to see the express go through.
这有什么关系?你是不是很累
What on earth’s the matter? Are you feeling ill?
– 我很累 – 宝贝,过来坐下
– I feel a little sick. – My dear, come and sit down.
那是我们的车了
There’s our train.
– 都好了,你们有没有白兰地? – 恐怕时间到了
– It’s all right. Have you any brandy? – I’m afraid it’s out of hours.
– 是的,当然,如果有谁觉得不舒服的话 – 我很好,真的
– Oh, surely, if somebody’s feeling ill… – I’m all right, really.
– 少少的喝一点白兰地就行了 – 非常好
– Just a sip of brandy will buck you up. Please. – Very well.
– 谢谢你,多少钱? – 十便士
– Thank you. How much? – Tenpence, please.
到凯特沃斯火车现在在三站台
The train for Ketchworth is now arriving at platform three.
我应该快点
We shall have to hurry.
是的,这需要一点运气,火车里的人差不多满了
Oh, well, this is a bit of luck. This train’s generally packed.
我很担心你,你看上去好像气色不是很好
I really am very worried about you, dear. You look terribly peaky.
我没事,只是觉得有点累
I’m all right. Really, I am. I just felt faint for a minute, that’s all.
我常这样的,在博比的学校音乐会上曾经发生过一次
It often happens to me. I did it once in the middle of Bobby’s school concert.
我想他还没有原谅我
I don’t think he’s ever forgiven me.
– 好的,他真的看上去很英俊 – 谁
– Well, he certainly was very good-looking. – Who?
你的医生朋友,他的名字是什么
Your friend, Doctor… whatever his name was.
– 是的,他是很英俊 – 你认识他很久了吗
– Yes, he’s a nice creature. – Have you known him long?
不,不是很久,我和他还不是很熟悉
No, not very long. I hardly know him at all, really.
好的,亲爱的,我对医生都是很有感情的
Well, my dear, I’ve always had a passion for doctors.
我真的很理解一个女人是怎么样
I can well understand how it is that women get…
我希望我能够相信你
I wish I could trust you.
我希望你是明智的,好的朋友
I wish you were a wise, kind friend,
而不是老说我不经意认识了好几年的熟人
instead of a gossiping acquaintance I’ve known casually for years…
而且我对他并不是很关注
and never particularly cared for.
我希望,我希望
I wish. I wish.
– 想想他要去非洲,他结婚了吗? – 是的
– Fancy him going all the way to Africa. Is he married? – Yes.
– 有没有孩子? – 是的,两个儿子,我很为他们骄傲
– Any children? – Yes, two boys. He’s very proud of them.
– 他有没有带上他们?我的意思是指他的妻子还有孩子 – 是的
– Is he taking them with him, his wife and children, I mean? – Yes, he is.
我想在一个宽松的地方重新开始生活是明智的
I suppose it’s sensible in a way rushing off to start life anew in the wide open spaces,
但是野马不会把我从英格兰拖走的
but wild horses wouldn’t drag me away from England…
还有我熟悉的家和一切的东西
and home and all the things I’m used to.
– 每个人都有自己的根不是吗 – 是的,每个人都有自己的根
– One has one’s roots after all, hasn’t one? – Oh, yes, one has one’s roots.
我知道一个女孩一年前去了非洲
I knew a girl once years ago who went to Africa.
他的丈夫是做工程方面的事情的,她从来没有经历过这么恐怖的生活
Her husband was something to do with engineering. She had the most dreadful time.
她在出去野餐的时候感染了病毒,然后病了好几个月
She caught some awful germ through going out on a picnic, and she was ill for months.
我希望你不要说了
I wish you’d stop talking.
我希望你不要老是说想打听些事情出来
I wish you’d stop prying, trying to find things out.
我希望她死了?不,我的意思不是这样
I wish she were dead. No, I don’t mean that.
那是很愚蠢和不友好的,但是我希望你能不要说了
That was silly and unkind, but I wish you’d stop talking.
我亲爱的,她的头发都消失了,她说那里的生活真的是太恐怖了
My dear, all her hair came out, and she said the social life was quite horrid.
– 省里面的,你知道,真的很像暴发户 – 哦多利
– Provincial, you know. Very nouveau riche. – Oh, Dolly.
– 你怎么了?又觉得不舒服了吗? – 不,我只是觉得有点头晕
– What’s the matter, are you feeling ill again? – No, I feel a bit dizzy.
– 我想我要闭着眼睛休息下了 – 哦,真可怜
– I think I’ll close my eyes for a little. – Oh, you poor darling.
难道我在这里是喋喋不休的,我再也不说一句话了
And here am I chattering away 19 to the dozen. I won’t say another word.
如果你要睡觉我就把你叫醒来,我们就要到达路口了
If you drop off, I’ll wake you when we get to the level crossing.
那给你一个化妆的好机会
That’ll give you a chance to pull yourself together and powder your nose.
谢谢多利
Thanks, Dolly.
这不能持续
This can’t last.
这种苦难不能持续

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!