在拳击史上 再没有任何拳击手的故事
比布洛克的一生更有趣… -戴蒙·罗原
铁拳男人
好样的 别给他机会喘气
Attaboy! Keep him busy!
一 天哪
One. Jesus.
二 你赢定了
Two. You got it.
三 他起不来了
Three. He ain’t getting up!
四 五 六
Four, five, six…
七 八 九 十
seven, eight, nine, ten.
出局
Out!
1928年9月30日 迈迪森方圆拳场
泰福·格莱非斯 对抗 詹姆斯·布洛克
这边来 詹姆
Come here, Jimmy.
把这个睡美人弄走
Get that sleeping beauty out of here!
十连击啊 詹姆 十连击
That’s ten in a row, Jimmy! Ten!
在第二局的1分46秒 被摧毁性的一击
By a knockout, at one minute 46 seconds in the second round…
产生了今晚的重量级获胜者
tonight’s light heavyweight winner…
他就是来自新泽西的
from the great state of New Jersey…
卑尔根猛牛 詹姆斯·布洛克
the Bulldog of Bergen, James J. Braddock!
麦迪逊花♥园♥广场
你将会是下界的冠军 詹姆
You’re gonna be the next champ, Jimmy!
嗨 你好吗
Hey, how you doing?
别全给他们签了 剩一些让她们继续渴求
Just give them a few. Leave them wanting.
你也想帮我签名吗
You want to sign my name for me, too?
至少他们能看懂
At least then they can read it.
帮我签个名 布洛克
Sign this for me, Mr. Braddock.
你越打变得越强大
You’ve been getting stronger with every fight.
我一直在观察
I’ve been seeing it.
你会喜欢上这种感觉 也不会怕上台或者紧张了
You may favor the right, sure, but you got no stage fright or nerves.
你永远不会被打倒
And you have never been knocked out.
你会出线的 我早就说了 詹姆
You’re in line. That’s all I’m saying, Jimmy.
你会打的更好的
You’re gonna get your shot.
好了 看看我们今天挣了多少
All right, let me see what we got here.
886 美元给让馁特
$886 for Jeanette…
772 美元给露和怀特尼
$772 for Lou and Whitey…
1000美元是拳击场的费用
$1, 000 for the ring fees,
我拿2658美元 你拿3544美元
my $2, 658 and your $3, 544…
总共 8860美元 把它藏到你的床垫里
makes $8, 860. Stick that in your mattress,
爱尔兰家伙
lrishman.
等回到家 你进来看看孩子吗
When we get there, you gonna come in and see the kids?
就一会 行吧 他们想念乔叔叔
It’s been a while. Come on. They miss their Uncle Joey.
说得真好听啊 你还是跟那个人结婚的
Yeah, that’s very sweet. You still married to the same girl?
我今天早上还是和她在一起
I was this morning.
恭喜你了 也许我该下次来拜访
Well, congratulations. Maybe I’ll take a rain check.
你能告诉她…
And would you tell her…
你能告诉她 我少算了你的训练费
will you tell her I undercharged on the gym fees…
也没有收你毛巾钱 你能告诉她吗
and no load on the towel? Would you do that for me, please?
-我肯定会告诉她的 -那多谢拉
– I will be sure to point it out. – I appreciate it.
在拐角的地方停一下 弗兰克
You stop up at the corner here somewhere, Frank.
冒险王到家了
Home to Jersey for Mr. Adventure over here.
再见了 弗兰克
All right, see you, Frank.
我要杀了你
I could kill you!
我喜欢你这样说
I like the sound of that.
我真的喜欢你这样说
Yeah, I like the sound of that a lot.
詹姆 恩
Jimmy. Yeah?
我姐姐
My sister.
爸爸 我们赢了吗
Daddy, did we win?
对 我们赢了
Yeah, we won.
你好吗 爱丽斯
How are you, Alice?
我很好 你打的真好 詹姆
Good. That’s wonderful, Jimmy.
嘿 霍华德
Hey, Howard.
谢谢
Thank you.
那跟我讲讲他
So tell me about him.
他真是个难对付的对手
Was he a real slugger?
你知道吗 你可以来看比赛的
You know, you could come and watch.
不 每次你被打
No. You get hit…
就像我被打一样
every time, it feels like I’m getting hit, too.
我连你一半强壮也没有
And I’m not half as tough as you are.
那跟我讲讲那些女孩
So, tell me about the girls.
女孩
Girls?
虽然我在公园 但是这是个比赛的晚上
I was at the Garden, it was a fight night…
说啊 有一个的
Come on. There was one.
-肯定有一个 -没有
– There must’ve been one. – No.
金发的 深色的
Blond? Brunette.
高吗
Tall?
像一只羚羊
Like a gazelle.
我不知道她怎么无声无息的 出现在那里
I don’t know how it is she breathed up there.
布洛克
Mr. Braddock!
你好强壮啊
You’re so strong!
你的手好大啊
And your hands, they’re so big.
你好有力气啊
You’re so powerful!
詹姆 我好为你自豪啊
Jimmy, I’m so proud of you.
我好为你自豪啊
I’m so proud of you.
战绩介绍…
lntroducing…
分别在国家级 轻量级和重量级比赛中
two-time state Golden Gloves title holder…
两次卫冕金手套头衔
in both the light heavyweight and heavyweight divisions…
21场 0场败 其中16场一拳打倒对手
21-0, with 16 wins coming by way of knockout…
卑尔根的猛牛 新泽西的骄傲
the Bulldog of Bergen, the pride of New Jersey…
爱尔兰的希望…
and the hope of the lrish…
将来的世界冠军
as the future champion of the world…
詹姆斯·布洛克
James J. Braddock.
玫 你把我吵醒了
Ma, you woke me up.
是你把被子给踢了
Well, you kicked the covers off, honey.
现在继续睡好吗
Now you go back to sleep, all right?
晚安 妈妈
Good night, Mom.
晚安 甜心
Good night, sweetheart.
1933年 9月25日 经济大萧条第四年
我找不到我的袜子
I can’t find my socks.
詹姆 对不起
Jim! I’m sorry.
妈妈
Mama?
-这下好了 -对不起 亲爱的
– Great. – I’m sorry, baby.
我昨天洗掉了 从你的脚上脱下来的
I washed them last night. Took them right off your feet.
你不记得了 不记得
Don’t you remember? No.
你像一个没电的灯
Well, you were out like a light.
我怎样才能一直让这个热乎乎的
How do I keep them this warm?
妈 我也想吃
Mama, I want to eat, too.
妈妈会给你的宝贝
Mommy will get you some, honey.
嗨 洛斯 洛斯 早上好啊
Hey, Rosy-Rosy. Good morning, good morning.
昨天收到一个帐单 煤气和电
Got a notice yesterday. Gas and electric.
快点
Come on.
坐好了 我去拿牛奶
Okey-dokey, there we go. I’ll get the milk.
逾期未缴
我记得还剩下一点
Well, I think there’s some left over.
还有
Yep.
我今晚在军♥火♥库有场比赛
You know, I got that fight tonight at the armory.
一个叫阿比·弗德曼的人
Yeah, one guy, Abe Feldman.
50美元不论输赢
That’s $50, win or lose.
不错啊
That’s good.
如果我赢了 也许我能拿 75 美元
If I beat him, maybe I can get my purses back up to $75.
太好了
That would be great.
洛斯用你的叉子吃
Rosy, use your fork, please.
我们需要一头母牛哦
Who needs a cow, huh?
妈妈 我还想要
Mama, I want some more.
不行啊 宝贝 还要给你哥哥留点
I’m sorry, sweetheart. We need to save some for the boys.
给你
Here you go.
玫 我昨天做了个梦
You know, Mae, I dreamed last night…
在一个豪华饭店吃晚餐
that I was having dinner at The Ritz.
和迈克·鲁尼 还有乔治·莱福特
With Mickey Rooney and George Raft.
真的啊 没错
Really! Yeah.
我梦到我吃了一块肉排 一块厚的 多汁的肉排
And I dreamed I had a steak. A thick, juicy steak.
像这样 洛斯
Like this, Rosy.
然后吃了一堆马铃薯
And then I had a mountain of mashed potatoes…
之后又吃了三根冰激凌
and I went back for ice cream three times.
我吃饱了
I’m stuffed.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!