Vega is currently below our horizon…
织女星在地平线下…
so what you’re hearing is the signal from-
你听到是从俄♥罗♥斯♥转来的讯号♥
Get decryption people in here now. Lunacharsky is visiting at Cal Tech.
找解码人员到来 龙纳卡斯基正访问加伦技术学院
Explain this to me.
你解释一下
If the source of the signal is so sophisticated, why the remedial math?
若讯号♥来源是这么先进 为何它会用基础数学信♥号♥♥?
Exactly, why don’t they speak English?
他们为何不直接说英语?
Maybe because 70 percent of the planet speaks other languages.
也许因为地球上七成的人说别的语言
Mathematics is the only truly universal language.
数学是唯一真正的宇宙语言
It’s no coincidence that they’re using primes.
他们用素数也不是偶然的
I don’t get it. Prime numbers.
我不明白 素数
That would be integers that are only divisible by themselves and one.
只能被它自身和一整除的整数
We think this may be a beacon, some kind of an announcement…
我们认为这个信♥号♥♥ 是要引起我们注意…
to get our attention.
的声明
If it’s attention you want, you got that. One thing: Vega.
若是这样你成功了 有一件事 对织女星
People have been looking at Vega for years with no results.
科学家探索织女星多年 毫无结果
And now yesterday they start broadcasting primes. Why?
昨天他们开♥发♥发出素数 为什么呢?
Well, it’s hardly yesterday, because the signal has been transmitting for 26 years.
不是昨天 讯号♥已发送了二十六年
Dr. Arroway.
雅博士
Excuse me, who are you? Michael Kitz, National Security Advisor.
对不起 你是谁? 杰米高 国♥家♥安♥全♥顾问
Let me first say that your…
博士 你的声誉…
Actually, first, could you ask the gentlemen with the firearms to wait outside?
首先 能否要拿枪的绅士们在外面等候?
This is supposed to be a civilian facility.
这是民间机构
Doctor, with all due respect to your… Excuse me.
博士 我并非不尊重… 失陪
Hey, hey, hey. Hi, I’m so glad you’re back.
我很高兴你回来
Come on, I got something for you to hear. Is this great?
你来听听 很不错吧?
Who are all these people? I have no idea.
这些人是谁? 我不知道
Sit down. And we could use some help with the spectrum analysis.
坐下 我们需要你帮忙进行波长分♥析♥
Listen to that. I’ll get on it. Headsets.
听信♥号♥♥ 我立即进行 就位
So I’ll just come right to the point, shall I?
我开门见山的说
Your having sent this all over the world may constitute a breach of national security.
向全世界宣布此消息会危害国♥家♥安♥全♥
This isn’t a person-to-person call.
这并不是一对一的电♥话♥
You can’t think that a civilization sending this would intend it just for Americans.
你以为一个文明发送来这个信息 只是要给美国人吗?
I’m saying you might have consulted us.
我是说你该先征询我们
The contents could be extremely sensitive. You want to classify prime numbers?
内容可能会是很敏感的 你想说素数是敏感内容?
Mike, please. We’re only in line with Vega so many hours a day.
因为地球自转 我们只能部份时间接收信息
The only way to monitor the signal is to get the cooperation of other stations.
完全监察信♥号♥♥的唯一方法是和国外的天文站合作
If Dr. Arroway hadrt acted quickly, we could have lost key elements.
若雅博士不及时行动 会失去主要信息
Okay, fine, they’ve got the primes.
好吧 他们得到了一些素数
If you’re right about there being a more significant transmission…
但如有更重要的传送…
Which will need help to receive and decode.
我们仍需协助接收及解码
Doctor, do you understand that my job is to protect…?
博士 你要明白我的工作是保护…?
Shh! What?
嘘! 什么?
Listen. I hear it.
听 我听到了
Hear what? Harmonic.
听什么? 和音
Bingo. I had Willie ask Rattan to retune to 8.9247 gigahertz.
答对了! 我要威利请俄♥罗♥斯♥站调整到8.9427千兆赫
There’s a lot more here, folks.
有更多的信息 伙计们
Fish, let’s get on the negative sideband. I’m already on it.
费希 在负边带上 我在做了
What is going on? Another signal.
怎么了? 有另一讯号♥
Another signal, look at that.
另一讯号♥ 看看
A second signal at double the frequency. It looks like a…
第二个讯号♥是原频率的两倍 看似…
Somebody get a TV monitor.
拿电视屏幕来
Patch the recording into the image processor.
接驳影像处理器
You want the new data? Yeah, the new frequency we just recorded.
要新的资料? 好 我已经在录新的资料了
David, explain this to me, please.
大卫 你解释一下吧
With the prime there’s another signal. Looks like a TV transmission.
信♥号♥♥中有另一讯号♥ 似是电视影像传送
We’re hot.
准备好
Do me a favor, go get the blinds. There is a lot of glare.
帮我个忙 放下帘子 这儿太亮了
You’re patched in.
已接驳了
All right, it’s definitely an image. Let’s try and stabilize it.
这肯定是影像 设法稳定它
What do you make of that, Fish?
你认为这是什么 费希?
It’s two different interlaced frames. I’m framing one.
有两组不同的帧交织在一起 我分离第一个
It’s just noise. Trying frame two.
全是噪音 试试第二组
I’ve got an offset carrier here. I think it’s audio.
我找到一个额外的荷载 我想可能是声音
Plug it in, plug it in.
接进去 接进去
Center that segment.
这段放正中
Centering.
在正中
Can you clean it up any more than that? I’m working on it.
可清楚一点吗? 我正在做
What the hell…?
这是什么鬼东西?
Try zooming out.
拉远
All right, freeze.

Reverse values.
黑白反转
Try zooming out again.
再拉远一些
Rotate 90 degrees counterclock…
顺时钟方向转九十度…
My God.
天啊
Okay. What’s going on?
妈啊 出什么事了?
You’re not gonna believe this.
你不会相信的
Does anybody speak German?
有谁懂德语?
“I declare the Games in Berlin…
“我宣布柏林奥♥运♥会…
at the celebration…
庆祝…
of the first Olympics of the new era has opened.”
新世纪的奥♥运♥会正式开始”
Get me the White House.
替我接白宫
Twenty million people died defeating that son of a bitch…
为击败那混♥蛋♥ 令二千万人丧命…
and he’s our first ambassador to outer space?
他却是外太空第一位大使?
Actually… The broadcast from the ’36 Olympics…
其实… 36年奥♥运♥会是第一个…
was the first television transmission that went into space.
往太空传送的电视广播
That they recorded it and sent it back is saying, “Hello, we heard you.”
传送这信♥号♥♥回来的意思是说 “哈啰 我们听到了”
Or, “Sjeg Heil, you’re our kind of people.”
或者说 “胜利万岁! 你们是我们的人”
Wait. Hitler and his politics have nothing to do with this.
等等 希♥特♥勒♥的政♥治♥与此事无关
It’s highly unlikely they would understand, and people need to understand…
他们不可能明白 人们要明白…
The people are in very good hands, Dr. Arroway.
人♥民♥正在受妥善保护 博士
We’ll take it from here.
由我们接手
The White House has just released…
白宫刚刚发言…
Smile, folks. We’re on.
微笑 伙计们 我们上场了
A statement confirming a message from deep space…
美国科学家接获来自太空远处…
has been received by American scientists. Claire Shipman is at the White House.
来历不明的信息 现成由白宫转播
Donna, we’ve been told the president will have only a few remarks…
唐纳 我们被告知总统会发表简短谈话…
about today’s announcement…
关于今天发生的事件…
and that he won’t be taking any questions from the press.
而且不回答记者提问
Good afternoon.
午安
I’m glad to be joined by my science and technology advisor.
我很高兴我的科学技术顾问亦出席
This is the product of years of exploration…
这次的发现是…
by some of the world’s most distinguished scientists.
世界杰出科学家多年探索的成果
Like all discoveries, this one will and should continue to be reviewed…
像所有发现一样 这发现会继续受复查…
examined and scrutinized.
查证 以及审察
It must be confirmed by other scientists.
需由其他科学证实
The fact that something of this magnitude is being explored is another…
但显然这次发现 一波未平一波又起…
Fish, what is the story over here? I thought Ellie was supposed to be on.
费希 这是什么回事? 我想该是艾丽上电视的
I don’t know.
我不知道
Guys? Guys? Um…
兄弟们?…
You know those interlaced frames that we thought were noise?
那个交织帧 我们以为是噪音的那个?
This has structure. I’m hearing structure.
它也有结构 我听到有一种结构
If this discovery is confirmed…
若这次发现获得证实…
it will be one of the most stunning insights into our universe…
会是科学对我们宇宙所揭露的…
that science has ever uncovered.
最深入窥察
Its implications are as far-reaching and awe-inspiring as can be imagined.
它的含意影响深远 而且极令人鼓舞
Even as it promises answers to some of our oldest questions…
它们或能解答一些 最古老的问题…
it poses still others, even more fundamental.
但仍提出其他更基本的问题
We will continue to listen closely to what it has to say…
我们会继续细心倾听它说些什么…
as we continue the search for answers and for knowledge…
我们继续寻找答案 寻找知识…
that is as old as humanity itself but essential to our people’s future.
这知识和人类同样古老 但对我们的将来却是必需的
Thank you. Sir…
谢谢 先生…
Is there a considerable global security threat?
这次传送会危害我们的安全吗?
I’ll answer your questions at the end, but first a few corrections.
我先澄清几点后 再答你的问题
The message was received Friday morning, 6:31 a.m. Mountain Standard Time.
信息是星期五收到的 中西部时间早上6:31
It was largely mathematical, and in spite of reports you may have seen to the contrary…
主要是数学上的 和较早前报导不同的…
appears to be completely benign in nature.
是它的内容并无敌意
Let me say that again. The message is completely benign.
我再说一次 信息是无敌意的
The president has been in touch with heads of state from around the world…
总统已和世界各国领袖联络…
and every possible security measure is being taken.
并采取一切防范措施
To better explain to you the events of the last 48 hours…
最能解释过去两天发生的事的…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!