还有呢
And?
他开的太快了
He drove too fast.
好吧 等等 对了 乔治 你想见他吗
Well, wait. So, George, you want to meet him?
我想不想见他
Do I want to meet him?
-噢 你好 -嗨 你好 我是布莱恩·麦肯兹
-Oh, hello. Hi. -Hello, I’m Brian MacKenzie.
很好 我是尼娜·班克斯
Good. I’m Nina Banks.
是啊 是啊 我在相片上认得出您
Yes. Yes, I recognize you from your picture.
-请进 -安妮带到罗马的那张
-Yes, come in, please. -The one Annie had with her in Rome.
是啊 噢 很好 快进来
Yes. Oh, good. Come in.
好的 你好 班克斯先生
Okay. Hello, Mr Banks.
这是我第一次讨厌听到自己的名字的发音
It was the first time I ever hated the sound of my own name.
-嗨 -我听过很多关于您的事情
-Hi. -I’ve heard so much about you.
很高兴最后见到了您 先生
It’s great to finally meet you, sir.
先生 我的脑中闪现出两个词
“Sir.” Two words now crossed my mind:
褐色和鼻子
“brown” and “nose.”
安妮多次提起您 我觉得我已经了解您了
Annie talks about you so much, I feel like I already know you.
-布莱恩 -噢 安妮
-Bryan. -Oh, Annie.
-这就是他 -噢 他只是 呃 只是
-So this is him. -Oh, he’s just… Uh, just.
有一点紧张 就像你们阅读得知的那些情形中
A little nervous. Just like one of those situations you read about…
的拜见岳父母
you know, meeting the in-laws.
但是你们俩位都很好 我相信我也没有什么好紧张的
But you two seem great. I’m sure I have nothing to be nervous about.
但 呃 还是有点
But, uh, still, I…
我们 我们 进 呃 进去
Let’s, let’s, uh, uh, go into the, uh, uh, the, uh…
呃 好极了
The… uh… Great.
-我觉得他很可爱 -我不喜欢他
-I think he’s adorable. -I don’t like him.
-噢 乔治 看在上帝的份上 -他穿着耐克鞋
-Oh, George, for God… -He’s wearing Nikes.
-妈 马蒂在哪 -噢 他看电视的时候睡着了
-Mom, where’s Matty? -Oh, he fell asleep watching TV.
-噢 好吧 你明天再见他吧 -好的
-Oh, well, you’ll meet him tomorrow. -Okay.
-请坐 -这么说
-Sit down. -So.
你们两个怎么认识的
Um, how did you two, uh, meet?
噢 在罗马的一所复兴的房♥子里
Oh. We were the only two people at this revival house in Rome…
只有我们两个人观看关于抚养孩子的午夜秀
for a midnight showing of Bringing Up Baby.
-我们在看到同样的地方时 -总是听到对方的笑声
-We kept hearing each other laugh. -And at all the same places.
秀结束后 我开车送他
Yeah. When it was over, I picked him up.
噢 不 不 不 我向你走过去问路
Oh, no, no, no. I went over to you to ask directions…
事情就这样发展下去
and then one thing led to another and…
就这样 接下来的三个月里
And that was it. For the next three months…
我们形影不离
we never left each other’s sight.
我们一起去参观那些博物馆 聆听那些伟大的音乐会和歌♥剧
We went to all these museums, all these great concerts, the opera.
我们去乡村旅游
We traveled to the country.
记得我们在托斯卡纳区呆的那个地方吗
Remember that place we stayed in Tuscany?
噢 和 呃
Oh, with the, uh…
呃 说一句吧 那不是一个四星级的旅馆
Uh, suffice it to say, it was not a four-star hotel.
不是 你们的女儿很勇敢
No. You have a very brave daughter.
布莱恩 准确的说你是干哪行的
Bryan, um, what is it exactly that you do?
安妮说和电脑有联♥系♥
Annie was saying something about computers.
噢 是的 我是一名独♥立♥自主的通信顾问
Uh, yes, uh, I’m an independent communications consultant.
这我听说过了
Yeah, yeah, that part I heard.
听起来有点假 对吧 像一个不真实的工作
Sounds fake, right? Like it’s not a real job?
-不 我们不是那个意思 -那是我父亲说的
-No, we wouldn’t say that. No. -That’s what my dad said…
当他第一次听到我做什么时
when he first heard what I was doing.
但 怎么说呢 就像这样
But, um, what it is, uh, in this case:
太平洋国际银行派我去罗马连接
Uh, Pacific International Bank sent me to Rome to hook up…
X-Dot网络到他们的欧洲分行
the X-Dot connection to their European subsidiary.
呃 所有的欧洲电脑都是通过X-Dot 25网络通讯的
Um… Uh, all European computers, uh, communicate on the Dot 25 network.
而且 由于太平洋国际银行是一家位于洛杉矶的公♥司♥
And, uh, since Pacific International is an L.A.-based firm…
他们想按照欧洲协议标准来连接 于是我得对它们进行设置
they wanted to interface with standard European protocol, so I set ’em up.
噢 你为什么是独♥立♥自主的 那指什么
And, uh, why are you, uh, independent? What was that?
因为没人能支付的起这样的员工的薪水
Because no one can afford to keep him on staff.
好吧 基本上我也这么认为 但是
Well, I guess that’s true, basically, but, uh…
您知道吗 开车来这得时候 我就试着假装是您
You know, driving down here, I tried to put myself in your place.
您的女儿在罗马呆了四个月后回到家里
Your daughter comes home after spending four months in Rome…
我相信您迫不及待地要见她 然而
a-and I’m sure you couldn’t wait to see her, and she shocks you…
她带给您大吃一惊的消息 她要结婚了
with the news that she’s getting married.
而且嫁给一个您从没有见过的人
And to somebody you’ve never met before.
我觉得这个消息肯定相当
I’m sure that must’ve been pretty…
沉重
um, heavy…
用你们这一代的一句话来形容
to use a word from your generation.
我只想说我是一个正直的公民
I just wanna say that I’m an upstanding citizen.
我 我从没订过婚
I’ve-I’ve never been engaged before.
也从没真真正正的爱上过一个人
I’ve, uh, never really been in love before.
呃 我觉得安妮是我认识的最好的人
And, uh, I think Annie’s the greatest person I’ve ever met.
我迫不及待地要娶她而且
And I can’t wait to marry her and…
以后我们会有孩子和孙子
one day have children and grandchildren.
我将竭尽全力来支持她来实现自己的理想
And I’m gonna do my best to be supportive of her dreams.
她是一个有天赋的建筑师
And she’s a very gifted architect.
呃 我第一次见到她时很激动
Um… I’m just thrilled that I met her.
我爱你们的女儿
I love your daughter.
我对她的爱永远不会改变
And the feelings that I have for her are never gonna change.
所以我来到这里
And I’m here to stay.
-噢 宝贝儿 -妈
-Oh, honey. -Mom.
真为你感到高兴
I’m so happy for you.
没关系 班克斯先生 我们不需要拥抱
That’s okay, Mr Banks, We don’t have to hug.
-好吧 呃 也许以后会 -好的
-Well, uh, maybe later. -I know.
哇噢 那可是 呃
Well, that was just, um…
那可是我听过的最好笑的话了
That was just the best thing I’ve ever heard anybody say.
-噢 好的 -我是说真的
-Oh. Good. -Well, I meant it.
好了 我想开车带他到圣马瑞诺周围转转
Listen, I want to take Bryan out for a drive, show him around San Marino.
-好的 亲爱的 不错 -安妮 外面有点冷
-Okay, honey. Good. -Annie, it’s a little nippy out.
-你最好穿件毛衣 -噢 爸 没关系 我挺暖和的
-You might want to put on a sweater. -Oh, Dad, it’s okay. I’m kinda warm.
真的 外面有点冷 而且你刚下飞机
Still, there’s a chill in the air, and you’ve been on a plane.
-爸 没事的 -安妮 外面确实有点冷
-Dad, I’m fine. -Annie, it is kinda cold out.
-是吗 -恩
-It is? -Yeah.
-好吧 谢谢 我去拿件夹克 -好的
-All right, thanks. I’ll get my jacket. -All right.
就在那时 我意识到我的好日子已经过去了
Right then, I realized my day had passed.
当然 她还会一直爱我 只是 不像从前了
She’ll always love me, of course, but not in the same way.
我不再是我的女儿生命中的焦点了
I was no longer the man in my little girl’s life.
我就像一只我们制♥造♥的那种旧鞋
I was like an old shoe, the kind we manufacture…
流行一时 几年之后就停产了
and get all excited about and then after a few years discontinue.
这就是现在的我 废弃先生
That was me now: Mr Discontinued.
妈 别等我们了 好吗 我们可能去喝点卡布奇诺
Mom? Don’t wait up, okay? We might stop for a cappuccino.
噢 好的 没事 晚安 布莱恩
Oh, okay, fine. Well, good night, Bryan.
晚安 呃 晚安 班克斯先生
Good night. Um, good night, Mr Banks.
噢 你可以叫我乔治 或者爸爸
Oh, you can call him George, or Dad.
-乔治就行了 -好的 呃
-George will be fine. -Okay. Uh…
下次见到您时我这么叫吧
I’ll say it next time I see you.
开车小心点 别忘了系紧你的避孕套
Drive carefully, and don’t forget to fasten your condom.
-爸 -安全带
-Dad! -Seat belt!
我是指 我是指安全带
I meant… I meant seat belt.
呃 我会让你♥爸♥上♥床♥睡觉的 今晚对他来说意义非凡
Um, I’m putting your father to bed. This has been a very big night for him.
-再见 -好的 晚安
-Bye. -Okay. -Well, good night.
-玩得开心 -再见 -晚安
-Have fun. -Bye. -Good night.
-再见 -再见 玩得开心 -再见
-Bye. -Bye-bye. Have fun. -Bye.
真是个好孩子
This is a great kid.
-长不了多久的 -要打赌吗
-It’ll never last. -Wanna bet?
尼娜 安妮对这小子太痴情了
Nina, Annie’s much too spirited for this kid.
他一点也不适合她 顶多两个月 一个月
He’s totally wrong for her. I give it two months, tops. One month.
他很适合安妮 乔治 跟你说
This is the right guy for Annie, George. I’m telling you,
我打心底里这么觉得
I feel it in my bones.
-我是说 我们是两个幸运的父母 -幸运 噢
-I mean, we’re two lucky parents. We are. -Lucky? Oh!
那他笑起来呢 简直漏洞百出 他的那些看起来也太假了
What about his laugh? It was such a giveaway. It was so phoney with his…
-我觉得很诚挚 -噢 饶了我吧
-I thought it was totally sincere. -Oh, please.
那他那点演排过的演说呢 明显是书上的
What about that little rehearsed speech he gave? It was right out of a book.
如何讨好你未来的丈母娘
How To Grease Your Future Mother-In-Law.
别说了 乔治 真的 我觉得他完全是真心的
You’re off here, George, really. I thought it was completely from his heart.
-你以为我为什么会哭 -好问题
-Why do you think I cried? -Good question.
-我也不知道你为什么会哭 -我都快失声了
-I don’t know why either of you cried. -I’m losing my voice.
我的唾液腺是不是是不是肿了还是这么了
Are my glands swollen or something?
我看看 没有 没有 亲爱的 没事
Let me see. No. No, honey, no.
那对于他一直摸她你怎么看
And what about the way he kept touching her?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!