Grail lore is his hobby.
研究圣杯是他的嗜好
He’s the teacher of Medieval Literature the students hope they don’t get.
他是中世纪文学教师 但学生们都讨厌他
You’re neglecting your guests.
你冷落了客人们
Along in a moment, dear.
我马上来 亲爱的
Hard to resist, isn’t it? The Grail’s final resting place described in detail.
这真的很难抵抗吧? 它详细记载了圣杯最后落脚处
What good is it? This tablet speaks of deserts, mountains, canyons…
它根本就没有用 石碑提到了沙漠 高山和峡谷
Pretty vague. Where do you start?
范围太模糊了 你打算从哪里开始找?
If the tablet were intact, but the top portion is missing.
只可惜石碑破了 上半部整个都不见了
Just the same, an attempt to recover the Grail is currently underway.
但我们还是展开行动 寻找圣杯的下落
Let me tell you another bedtime story.
我要再告诉你一个故事
After the Grail was entrusted to Joseph, it was lost for a thousand years,
圣杯交给约瑟保管后 一千年来始终找不到它的下落
before it was found again by three brothers in the First Crusade.
最后在第一次十字军东征中 有三兄弟发现了圣杯的下落
I’ve heard this one, too.
我也听过这个故事
Two of the brothers walked out of the desert 150 years later
一百五十年后 三兄弟之中的两个人走出沙漠
and journeyed back to France, but only one made it.
他们打算回到法国 但只有一个人撑了下来
Before dying of… extreme old age,
当时已经垂垂老矣的他 在临终前说出圣杯的下落
he supposedly imparted his tale to a Franciscan friar.
传说他把自己的故事告诉了圣方济会的修士
Not “supposedly”, Dr Jones.
那不是传说 琼斯博士
This is the manuscript in which the friar chronicled the knight’s story.
在这份文稿中 修士记载了骑士的故事
It doesn’t reveal the Grail’s location,
虽然没有明白指出圣杯的下落
but the knight promised that two markers would.
但骑士保证这两条线索能告诉我们它在哪里
This tablet is one of those markers.
这个石碑就是线索之一
It proves the knight’s story is true, but it’s incomplete.
它证明了骑士的故事是真的 可惜石碑破了
The second marker is in his dead brother’s tomb.
第二条线索 在他死去兄弟的坟墓中
Our project leader believes that tomb is located in Venice, Italy.
圣杯计划的负贵人相信 这座坟墓就在意大利威尼斯
As you can now see, we’re about to complete a great quest
你应该可以了解 我们即将完成这个伟大使命
that began almost two thousand years ago.
这场寻找之旅有近二千年的历史
We’re only one step away.
现在我们差一步就能成功
That’s usually when the ground falls out from under you.
那也是最常尝到失败滋味的时候
You could be more right than you know.
你说的没错
We’ve hit a snag.
我们遇到了大♥麻♥烦
Our project leader has vanished, along with all his research.
这项计划的负贵人突然失踪 他的研究成果也消失不见
His colleague, Dr Schneider, has no idea of his whereabouts.
他的同事史奈德博士 不知道他的下落
I want you to pick up the trail where he left off.
我要你接替他的任务
Find the man, and you will find the Grail.
只要能找到他 就能找到圣杯
You’ve got the wrong Jones, Mr Donovan.
你找错人了 陶诺文先生
Why don’t you try my father? We already have.
你为什么不去找我老爸呢? 我们已经找过他
Your father is the man who’s disappeared.
你父亲就是那位失踪的负责人
Your father and I have been friends for years,
你父亲跟我是多年好友
and I’ve never seen you this concerned about him.
我从来没看过你这么担心他
He’s an academic, not a field man. Dad?
爸? 他是个学者 不是个冒险家
Dad?
爸?
Dear God!
我的老天爷
What’s the old fool got himself into now?
那个老笨蛋 帮自己惹上了什么样的麻烦
I don’t know, but whatever it is, he’s in over his head.
我不知道 不管发生了什么事 他一定是疯了
It’s today’s mail, and it’s been opened.
这是今天收到的信件 信被拆开过了
Mail…
信件…
That’s it, Marcus.
就是这个 马可斯
“Venice, Italy.”
“意大利威尼斯”
What is it?
那是什么东西?
It’s Dad’s Grail diary.
我老爸的圣杯日记
Every clue he followed, every discovery he made.
记载着他找到的每一条线索和他所有的发现
A complete record of his search for the Holy Grail.
完整地记录了他寻找圣杯的经过
This is his whole life. Why would he have sent this to me?
这是他一生的心血 他为什么要把它寄给我?
I don’t know… but someone must want it pretty badly.
我不知道 但一定有人在觊觎这本日记
Do you believe, Marcus?
你相信吗? 马可斯
Do you believe the Grail actually exists?
你相信圣杯真的存在吗?
The search for it is the search for the divine in all of us.
事实上寻找圣杯就是在寻找人类的神性
But if you want facts, I’ve none to give you.
如果你要的是事实 我没办法告诉你答案
At my age, I’m prepared to take a few things on faith.
我已经一把年纪了 我打算相信上帝真的存在
Call Donovan, tell him I’ll take that ticket to Venice now.
打电♥话♥通知陶诺文 我会立刻搭飞机到威尼斯
I’ll tell him we’ll take two.
我会告诉他我们需要两张机票
What’ll happen in Ven…? Dr Schneider will meet you.
我们到了威尼斯后呢? 史奈德博士会去接你们
My apartment in Venice is at your disposal.
你们可以住在我在威尼斯的公♥寓♥
Thank you.
谢谢
Dr Jones… good luck.
琼斯博士 祝你好运
Be very careful. Don’t trust anybody.
小心点 别相信任何人
Ah, Venice.
这就是威尼斯
How will we recognise Dr Schneider?
哪一位是史奈德博士?
I don’t know. Maybe he’ll know us.
我不知道 或许他会认得我们
Dr Jones?
你是琼斯博士吗?
Yes.
是的
I knew it was you. You have your father’s eyes.
我就知道是你 你有着你父亲的眼睛
And my mother’s ears, but the rest is yours.
我还有我妈妈的耳朵 至于其他的都是你的了
It looks like the best parts are spoken for.
但最棒的都被别人拿走了
Marcus Brody? That’s right.
你就是马可斯布洛迪? 没错
Dr Elsa Schneider. How do you do?
我是艾儿莎史奈德博士 你好吗?
I last saw your father in the library.
我最后一次见到你父亲 是在图书馆里
He was very close to tracking down the tomb. He was so excited.
他就快要找到坟墓了 所以非常地兴奋
He was as giddy as a schoolboy. Attila the Professor?
他跟小学生一样笑个不停 你说那个铁血教授?
He was never giddy, even as a schoolboy.
他从来不会笑个不停 即使他真的只是个小学生
Frlein, will you permit me? I usually don’t.
美丽的小姐 请收下吧 通常我是不会答应的
Me neither. Then I permit you.
通常我也不会这么做 那么我就收下了
But by tomorrow it will have faded. Tomorrow I’ll…
到了明天它就会凋谢 明天我会…
I hate to interrupt, but the reason… I have something to show you.
我不想打断你们 但是… 有样东西我希望你能看一下
Your father sent me to get an ancient plan of the city.
当时你父亲请我去拿旧都市计划图
When I got back, he’d gone, with all his papers except that scrap.
我回来时发现他跟文件不见了 只剩下这张纸
Roman numerals. Here is the library.
是罗马数字 图书馆到了
That doesn’t look like a library. Looks like a converted church.
它看起来一点都不像图书馆 比较像是教堂
It’s the literal truth. You’re on holy ground.
一点都没错 你们来到了圣地
These columns were brought back as spoils of war,
这些柱子饱受战火踝躏 之后被送来这里
after the sacking of Byzantium in the Crusades.
在十字军东征时 拜占庭帝国饱受战争之苦
The library’s closing soon. I’ll arrange for us to stay a little longer.
图书馆快关门了 我会去安排让我们再待一会
Marcus, I’ve seen this window before.
马可斯 我看过这扇窗户
Where? Right here. In Dad’s diary.
在哪里? 就在爸的日记里
You see? Look, Indy. The Roman numerals.
看到了没? 你看 印第 是罗马数字
Dad was onto something here. But we don’t know what they mean.
爸真的找到了线索 我们不知它们代表什么意思
He sent me the diary for a reason. Let’s keep it to ourselves.
他会把日记寄给我是有原因的 这件事千万别说出去
Find something? Three, seven and ten.
有发现吗? 三 七跟十
The numerals are on the window. I must be blind.
窗户上的数字 我真的太不注意了
He wasn’t looking for a book about the tomb, but for the tomb itself.
他要找的并不是记载坟墓的书 而是坟墓本身
The tomb is in the library. You said it used to be a church. Look!
坟墓就在图书馆里 你说过这里以前是教堂 你看
Three.

Three.

Seven. Seven.
七…
Ten… and ten.

Where’s the ten?
十在哪里?
Look around for the ten.
找一找十在哪里
Three and seven…
三跟七…
Three and seven and ten…
三七跟十…
Ten! “X” marks the spot.
十在这里 “X”就是坟墓的地点
Bingo! You don’t disappoint, Dr Jones.
找到了 你真的很行 琼斯博士
You’re just like your father. Except he’s lost and I’m not.
你就跟你父亲一样 但他失踪了 我还在
Lower me down.
快来帮帮我
Look after this for me, will you?
帮我看好它
Come on!
快一点
Pagan symbols, 4th or 5th century. Right.
四或五世纪的异教♥徒♥符号♥ 没错
Six hundred years before the Crusades.
年代是十字军东征前六百年
The Christians dug their own passages centuries later.
几个世纪后 基♥督♥徒挖掘了属于他们的通道
If there’s a knight of the First Crusade here, that’s where we’ll find him.
如果第一次十字军东征骑士真的埋在这里 他一定在那边
What’s this one? The Ark of the Covenant.
这是什么东西? 约柜
Are you sure? Pretty sure.
你确定? 非常确定
Watch out.
小心
It’s petroleum. I should sink a well down here and retire!
是石油 我该退休到这里来挖油井
The lighter.
把打火机拿过来
Oh, rats…!
是老鼠
Come on.
快来吧
Come here.
这边
Look, it must be one of these.
你看 他一定在这些棺木之中
Look at the artistry of these carvings and the scrollwork.
你看看 这些雕刻跟铭文有多漂亮

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!