We met upon the level and We met upon the level, and we’re parting on the square.
还他妈的是在我睡觉的时候
In my fucking sleep, Burt.
五 四 三 二 一
And five, four, three, two….
这里是来自加州博班克的现场直播 小孩儿都知道?
Live from Burbank, California, its What Do Kids Know?
这是节目播出第33个年头 美国史上最长的一场智力挑战赛
Going into our 33rd year on the air, it’s America’s longest- running quiz show…
就在这里 三位孩子将与三位成年人展开较量
…and the place where three kids get to challenge three adults…
让我们拭目以待 谁是最后的胜者吧!
…and in the end, we’ll see who’s the boss.
下面请出连续七周卫冕的
Moving towards their eighth consecutive week as champions…
少年组 他们是理查德 茱莉亚和斯坦利
…we have the kids: Richard, Julia, and Stanley.
和本次挑战者 成年组的米姆 路易斯和陶德
And our new adult challengers today are Mim, Luis, and Todd.
我是迪克•詹宁斯
And me, I’m Dick Jennings…
现在让我们欢迎金牌主持人
…and now say hello to your favorite host and my boss…
吉米•加托
…Jimmy Gator.
好!好!好!我是吉米•加托 真是令人无法相信
Back again, again, again. I’m Jimmy Gator, and believe it or not…
连续七周卫冕成功 即将挑战第八周的
…we are at the end of Week 7, heading towards Week 8…
我们这三位天才少年 你们好!
…with these three incredible kids, who- Hello, hello.
只差两天也就是两场比赛 距离现在的小孩儿都知道的纪录
are just two days and two games away from the What Do Kids Know? record…
我们的节目是美国电视史上最长的智力比赛
…for the longest- running quiz show in television history.
目前 我们已经得到家庭教师协会
Now, we are, as you know, endorsed by the PTA…
和北美教师基金会的认可
…and the North American Teachers’ Foundation.
我们一贯保持节目的制♥作♥精良
We keep our standards high, and that’s why we are the longest- running quiz show…
因此成就了美国电视史上的辉煌 我想要对孩子们说的是
…in television history. I wanna say something about these kids now.
他们终于达到了今天的成功
These kids right here, I think they’re gonna be here a while.
但是今天的卫冕将充满艰辛
But today is a dangerous day…
我刚才在后台与三位成年挑战者交谈过
…because I have just met with the adult challengers backstage…
说实话 他们将是孩子们遇到的最强大的敌人
…and let me tell you, they are a terrific challenge for our kids.
那么 现在就让我们进入比赛吧!
So let’s get this show up and away, shall we?
我们想知道你的儿子在哪儿
We wanna know where your son is.
这个人是不是曾经和你丈夫打过架?他外号♥是蚯蚓吗?
Jerome Samuel Hall. Did he fight your husband? ls this the Worm?
他们或者发生了打斗 或者仅仅是场意外 – 他外号♥是叫蚯蚓吗?
They had a fight. An accident. – They call him Worm?
我们要知道你儿子在哪里
We wanna know where your son is.
告诉我们 玛茜 – 他就是蚯蚓吗?
Help us, Marcie. – Do they call him Worm?
这对你的孩子有好处 玛茜 – 他就是蚯蚓吗?
Help us help your son, Marcie. – Do they call him Worm?
帮我们 也帮你儿子
Help us help your son, Marcie.
你的儿子 还有你孙子 说出来吧 想想他们
Your son and your grandson. Help us help them.
这就是蚯蚓么?
ls this the Worm?
进入正题
Let’s jump right in.
简单介绍一下比赛规则
A quick recap for those who don’t know.
第一轮将有三种类型
Round One. Three categories. Steals are okay.
分值从25到250不等 其中包括连续谈话奖励
Point scale escalating from 25 to 250, one of which is a conversation bonus.
嗨 – 一共是31.90元
Hi. – That’ll be 31.90.
题型分别为回答作者身份和配乐题
The categories are authors, chaos versus superstring, and rub- a- dub.
刚刚好 谢谢 – 再见
Max. Thanks. – Bye.
成年组掷硬币是反面 因此他们将先回答
Adults won a coin toss backstage, so they get to pick first.
队长是 米姆
Team captain: Mim.
第一题 25分
First question, for 25.
这位女作家最著名的作品为《啊!拓荒者》
This female author’s most famous work: O Pioneers!
是H- E- R
H- E- R
斯坦利 – 薇拉•卡瑟
Stanley? – Willa Cather.
薇拉•卡瑟 25分!
Willa Cather for 25.
作为著名的悲剧大♥师♥ 这位剧作家…
Best known for the tragedy- of- blood genre, this playwright…
斯坦利 – 托马斯•基德
Stanley. – Thomas Kyd.
托马斯•基德
Thomas Kyd.
这位法国剧作家兼演员曾在贝雅尔剧团…
This French playwright and actor joined the Bejart troupe of actors…
斯坦利 – 莫里哀
Stanley. – Moliere.
你得告诉我他的全名 斯坦利
Oh, I’m afraid I’m gonna need a full name, Stanley.
简•巴蒂斯特•帕邱林•莫里哀
Jean Baptiste Poquelin Moliere.
这叫什么事儿啊?
What the fuck is this?
干得漂亮!这小兔崽子!哈哈哈
God damn. My little fucker. Ha- ha- ha!
他都从哪儿记的这些玩意儿!真♥他♥妈♥是个天才
I have no idea where he gets this shit. He’s a fucking genius, really.
《诱惑与征服》 我是查德
Seduce and Destroy. This is Chad.
能告诉我你的号♥码吗?
Can I have your phone number?
是《诱惑与征服》么?- 是的 能告诉我你号♥码么?
ls this Seduce and Destroy? – Yes, it is. Can I have your phone number?
好 我不想要求什么 呃 你知道
Okay, I don’t want to order anything. Uh, you see….
我这里有点事情 非常棘手的一件事
I have a situation, uh, that’s just come up that’s really pretty serious…
我现在不知道该找谁 该怎么做
…and I don’t know who to talk to or what I should do…
不过也许你能帮我找到那人 我应该先解释一下 是吗?
…but maybe you could put me in touch with somebody if I explain myself?
我们这里只是受理订单的啊 先生
Uh, we’re really only equipped to take orders here, sir.
我们在电♥话♥里只能谈和工作有关的
I mean, it’s just us with the phones, and that’s what we do, you know-
你能够帮我转到另外哪位的电♥话♥上么?
Okay, okay, okay. Could you connect me with somebody else, you think?
发生了什么?
Well, what’s the situation?
好吧 听我讲
Okay, great, um….
我来解释一下整件事 才不会让你糊里糊涂
All right. Let me try to explain myself without it seeming crazy.
听我讲
But here I go. I’m- No.
我叫菲尔•帕尔马
Uh, my name is Phil Parma…
我替一个叫厄尔•帕特里奇的人工作
…and I work for, uh, a man named Earl Partridge.
嗯 厄尔•帕特里奇先生
Uh, Mr. Earl Partridge.
我是他的护理 他病得非常重
I’m his nurse, and he’s a very sick man.
快要不行了 他已经非常虚弱了
He’s a dying man, and he’s sick…
他请求我帮助他
…and he has asked me to help him.
帮他寻找他的儿子
To help him find his son.
喂?你还在吗?- 在 正在听
Hello? Are you there? Hello? – No, I’m here. I’m listening.
好 是这样
Okay. Um, you see…
弗兰克•T•J•麦吉就是厄尔•帕特里奇的儿子
Frank T.J. Mackey is Earl Partridge’s son.
你来自哪里?
So where are you from originally?
就是这里 – 就这一带么?
From around here. – Valley?
大概是好莱坞那边 – 你的父母是做什么的呢?
Well, Hollywood, mainly. – What did your parents do?
我的父亲在电视台工作 我的母亲…
Uh, my father- Well, he was in television. My mother…
说起来很尴尬 – 告诉我
This is going to sound silly to you. – Try me.
她是位图书馆管♥理♥员♥ – 怎么会觉得尴尬呢?
Uh, she was a librarian. – Why does that sound silly?
不知道 或许也不会啦
I don’t know. I guess it doesn’t.
你的母亲还在工作么?- 不 她已经退休了
Does your mother still work? – No, she’s retired.
你们关系好么?- 她是我的母亲啊
Are you close? – She’s my mother.
是啊 不过 她也是一位女性啊
Yes, but, uh, I mean, she’s a woman too…
我是说 她对你的《诱惑与征服》怎么看?
…so how does she feel about Seduce and Destroy?
怎么评价?
I mean, what does she say?
好吧 她说 去做你的吧 亲爱的
Well, she says, uh, You go get them, honey.
那你父亲怎么说?
Uh- huh. And what about your father?
我父亲 哦 很不幸 他已经去世了
Oh, my father. Unfortunately, he passed away.
非常抱歉 我无意的 – 不 没关系
Oh, I’m sorry. I had no idea. – No, please.
我不该问这个的
I wouldn’t have brought that up if I had known.
这对你太残酷了 – 拜托
That’s a very hard thing. – Please.
没关系的 是的 很残酷 不过 听着
Yes, it is, but listen.
还是应该往前看 过去的终究已经过去了
I mean, you have to move forward. The past has its place.
已经很久以前的事了 生老病死 – 是
It was a long time ago, and people die. – Yeah.
我们换个话题吧
Okay, let’s switch gears here. Um…
根据你书里写的 你毕业于伯克里大学是么?
According to your book, you ended up at UC Berkeley?
对 84年到89年
’84 to ’89.
心理专业 – 没错
Psychology major. – That’s right.
没完成硕士?- 嗯?哦
Get your masters? – Hmm? Oh.
差这么一点儿 – 噢
This close. – Wow.
在校园的五年生活非常难忘吧 – 伙计 来杯咖啡好么?
That’s impressive in five years. – Cap, can I have some coffee?
我能帮到你吗?
Can I get you anything?
不不不 我很好 谢谢 – 你确定?好吧
No, no, no, I’m good. Thank you. – You sure? Okay.
她要很好 我要咖啡 – 哈哈
She’s good. I need coffee. – Ha, ha.
东西还真不少啊 是吧?
Cats and dogs out there, huh?
得好几个人得病了吧?
Must have a lot going on for all that stuff back there, huh?
你能…
You could, uh…
这些药真会让你无所不能啊
Heh. You could have quite a party, all that stuff.
你用波萨克很久了么?中枢神经刺♥激♥剂呢?
You been on Prozac long? Dexedrine?
我不… – 真厉害
I don’t…. – Interesting drugs.
中枢神经刺♥激♥剂主要是起加速剂作用的
Dexedrine’s basically speed in a pill, you know.
但我觉得大多数医生决不会将这两种配在一起
I guess a lot of the doctors are balancing out the Prozac with the Dexedrine, so….
这种液体吗♥啡♥将会把你立刻放倒
That liquid morphine will knock you down, out…
毫无知觉 如果一旦使用不当的话
…around, up and down, someone’s not careful.
怎么能将它们混在一起呢
You can’t mix those up, you know.
强得吓死人啊 我说
Strong, strong stuff here, boy. Wow!
你到底有什么问题 竟然需要这些玩意儿?
What you have wrong, you need all this stuff?
畜牲! – 什么?
Motherfucker. – What?
你♥他♥妈♥的混♥蛋♥! – 你说什么?
Motherfucker. You fucking asshole. – What are you talking about?
你以为你♥他♥妈♥的是谁啊?- 我只是…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!