Merci. M. Lavine, M. Verdoux – an old friend of mine.
谢谢 拉夫林先生 这是凡尔杜先生
How do you do? We worked together.
你好?
He was a bank cashier.
他曾是一个银行出纳
In the good old days. Not so long ago.
那是在以前的那段好日子里
About three years ago. What do you do now?
大概三年以前吧
A bit of everything – real estate, stock market.
差不多什么都干 地♥产♥ 股市
You must have made a killing.
您一定是在自杀吧
Yes. The market’s low now, isn’t it?

Buy now when everybody’s selling.
就是要在大家都在抛售的时候买♥♥
Can I offer you something? No, merci.
我能给您买♥♥点什么吗?
Then if you’ll pardon me. Of course.
那就请你们原谅了
Good day, gentlemen. Good day.
祝你们顺利 先生们
Oh, Monsieur, don’t forget this.
哦 先生 不要忘了这个
Merci. Merci.
谢谢 谢谢
Poor old Verdoux.
可怜的凡尔杜
Seems to be doing well.
他现在看起来不错
He got a pretty raw deal. What do you mean?
他受到了不公正的待遇
Was with us for over 30 years.
他曾和我们一起工作了30年
Along came the Depression and he was one of the first to go.
随后大萧条来了
Yes, after 30 years.
是啊 工作了30年以后
Well, well, there you are.
啊哈哈 你在这
Let’s see what we have for you.
看看我这里给你带了什么
Henri Verdoux, Furniture Dealer.
亨利·凡尔杜 家具代理
Balong & Company. We’ve been trying you for an hour.
巴朗公♥司♥
The market’s dropped. We need 50,000 francs.
股市跌了
When? In the morning, at market opening.
什么时候?
50,000 francs by tomorrow morning?
50 000法郎 明天早上就要?
If not, you’ll be wiped out.
否则你就会被强行清♥仓♥
I’ll see what I can do.
我会尽量想办法
Oh, dear.
哦 亲爱的
Oh, me. Oh, me.
啊 天哪
Ah, Lydia, the City of Corbell.
啊 莉迪亚 科贝尔市
Let’s see, in Corbell the banks close at four.
让我们看
C, C, C.
找”科”开头
Corbell.
科贝尔市
If I leave now, I can catch the 2: 15 and be there by 3:30.
如果我现在走 就能赶上2:15的火车
That gives me half an hour.
这样我就有半个小时
The banks close at four.
银行四点钟关门
Lydia!
莉迪亚
I thought you were in Indochina.
我还以为你在印度支那
I was, my dear, I was. Don’t “dear” me.
我在那 亲爱的 我以前在那里
Three months you’ve been away and not a word.
你已经走了三个月 连一点消息都没有
Didn’t you get my letters? I wrote you almost every day.
你没有收到我的信?
I got a telegram three months ago. Running off and leaving me alone.
我只是在三个月前收到了一封电报
I have to travel for business. I’m an engineer.
我必须因公出差
Too bad I didn’t know that before I met you.
太糟了 我在遇到你之前可不知道这些
Lydia.
莉迪亚
Well, what do you want?
好 你到底想要什么?
Nothing, my dear. That’s unusual.
什么都不要 亲爱的
I thought you might be pleased to see me, that’s all.
我原来只是想着你见了我以后会很
Is that all?
就这些?
I only see you when you want something.
只有在你想要得到什么的时候我才
Lydia… I refuse to quarrel with you, it’s too ugly.
莉迪亚 我不想和你吵架
Life can so easily degenerate into something sordid and vulgar.
生活真是很容易就退化成一些肮脏
Let us try to keep it beautiful and dignified.
我看我们还是保持它的漂亮和尊严
We are not young anymore.
我们都不再年轻了
In the sunset of our lives, we need companionship,
在我们生命的夕阳阶段
love, tenderness.
爱情 温柔
Most of all we need each other. Ah, Lydia.
不管怎么样我们彼此需要
We’ve had such beautiful, inspiring moments together…
我们曾经一起度过如此美丽
and we can have many more.
而且我们以后还会有许多这样的时光
I’m getting too old for that nonsense.
对你的这些胡言乱语来说 我已经
There you go – age again. I thought I’d cured you of that complex.
你又来了 – 又提到了年龄 我还以
I’m cured of you, running off like you did.
我已经被你治好了 现在我对你的
Lydia Sit down.
莉迪亚
What were you doing in Indochina?
你在印度支那都做些什么?
Building bridges, my dear. We ran into a lot of trouble.
造桥 亲爱的
The super-structure was all wrong. We had to draw up new plans.
整个设计完全错误
Then they cancelled our contract due to the crisis.
然后他们取消了我们的合同
What crisis?
什么危机?
The financial crisis. What do you mean?
金融危机
The worst catastrophe in years. Banks will collapse everywhere.
这些年来最严重的灾难
It isn’t in the newspapers.
报纸里没提到这个
They’re trying to keep it quiet, but we were tipped off.
他们试图加以掩盖
Bah! I don’t believe it.
胡扯 我才不相信呢
Don’t bother your little head about such matters.
您不必让你的小脑袋为这种事情担心
What do you mean, a financial crisis?
你什么意思 一场金融危机?
Tomorrow there’ll be a run on every bank.
明天这场瘟疫将波及每一个银行
Fiddlesticks. It’s all nonsense.
胡说 这都是胡言乱语
It’s of no consequence to you, but I’m vitally interested, that’s all.
这对你来说没有影响 但是对我却
So am I. You have nothing to worry about.
对我也是
Every penny I have is in ready cash in the bank.
我的每一分钱都放在银行里
You know that, you fool. What bank?
你说什么 你个傻瓜
The Mutual Trust.
互信银行
That’s the worst of all! Get it out! What time is it?
这正是情况最坏的那家 快把它全取出来
Are you mad? Every bank will be closed tomorrow.
你疯了吗?
What will I do with it? Decide later.
我该怎么办?
I don’t want 70,000 francs lying about.
我可不希望我的70 000法郎化为乌有
How much? Never mind. Don’t talk. Hurry up. Quick.
多少?不打紧
It’s a lie.
这是一个谎言
You’re losing time! The banks close at four.
你没有时间了
Quick, hurry! Come on, dear.
快 赶紧 快点 亲爱的
I must be out of my mind to do this.
我这么做一定是疯了
You wait and see.
你等着瞧
The cashier said it was nonsense. You expect him to say otherwise?
那个出纳说那都是胡言乱语
I’d sooner believe him than you.
我差点就相信了他 而不是你
Why couldn’t I leave it in my safe deposit box?
为什么我不能将它留在我
A revolution might happen. New government would confiscate it all.
一场革命有可能发生 新政♥府♥可能
The best thing is to have it here, where you can lay your hands on it.
最好的办法就是把它放在这
Where you can lay your hands on it.
放在你的手够得着的地方
Lydia, you’re very tired. What you need is a good night’s rest.
莉迪亚 你已经很累了
I need my head examined.
我需要找人检查一下我的头
I’ve never heard of such a thing…
我以前从来没有听说过这种事情
Emptying my safe deposit box. Burglars might break in.
把我的存款箱给清空了
What nonsense.
胡说八道
Good thing we haven’t any servants.
还好我们没有请任何仆人
It’s perfectly safe tonight.
所以今天晚上百分百的安全
Should have been left where it was.
这些钱应该被放在它原来呆的地方
Very well, if you’re uneasy about it, put it back.
很好 如果你感到不满意 就把它放回去
You can do that in the morning. I certainly will.
你可以明天早上一早就做
Turn out the lights. Yes, my dear.
把灯关上
Did you lock the doors? Early this evening.
你锁门了吗?
Latch the kitchen window?
把厨房♥间的窗户插上了?
Everything’s attended to.
所有的东西都已经做好了
Well, did you? Yes, my dear.
啊 是吗?
What a night. Yes, a full moon.
多美的夜晚啊
How beautiful, this pale, Endymion hour.
多美啊 这白色的 恩底弥翁的月亮
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Endymion, my dear –
恩底弥翁(月亮女神所爱的美男子) 亲爱的 –
a beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
他(恩底弥翁)能保持永久的青春
Forget about him and get to bed.
不谈他了 还是去睡吧
Yes, my dear.
好的 亲爱的
“Our feet were soft in flowers…”
“我们的脚柔软地放在花丛”
Hello? Hello? Long distance, please.
喂?喂?
Paris Stock Exchange, Reaumur 65 72. Thank you.
巴黎股票交易所
Hello, Balong & Company? This is M. Verdoux.
喂 巴朗公♥司♥?
I’m wiring 50,000 francs. Is that enough?
我汇了50 000法郎过来
I won’t be in Paris for some time. I have matters to clean up here.
最近一段时间我不在巴黎
Very well, I’ll keep in touch. Goodbye.
很好 我们会保持联♥系♥
Daddy!
爸爸

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!