没几个问题了,大夫
Just a few questions,
that is all, Doctor.
我三分钟后回来,然后你就请吧
I’ll return in three minutes,
then positively you go.
谢谢
Merci.
我不会打扰你很久的,道尔先生
I will not detain you for long,
Monsieur Doyle.
你要问什么呢?
So, what is it?
波洛先生,波洛先生
Monsieur Poirot! Monsieur Poirot!
波洛先生,我必须立刻跟你谈谈
Monsieur Poirot, I must speak with you,
我有个天大的消息
I have vital information!
– 我知道是谁杀了林内特.道尔 – 什么?
– I know who killed Linnet Doyle! – What?
– 是的,我有证据来证明 – 坐下说吧,太太
– Yes, and I have evidence to prove it!
– S’il vous plaît, Madame.
谢谢 我说过原始的欲望令人冲动
Merci. My theories about primeval urges
现在完全证明是对的
are completely justified.
你是不是同意,那个杀害路易丝的凶手
You will agree that
whoever killed Louise,
她叫什么来着,也杀了林内特.道尔?
what’s her name,
also killed Linnet Doyle?
我亲眼看见的
I saw the person with my own eyes.
你看见那个杀害我妻子的凶手了?
You saw the person who killed my wife?
就在吃午饭之前
It was just before lunch.
我和一个船员约好有点事
I had an arrangement with
one of the “ship’s personnel”
他会给我弄点…我需要的东西来
to get me…something I needed,
我们说好在下一层甲板碰头
we were to meet on the lower deck.
我正走着,一间客舱的门开了
As I walked along, a cabin door opened
那姑娘,是叫路易丝…布尔热吧?
and this girl, Louise…Budget?
她探出头来
Budget popped her head out.
我想她是在等什么人吧 可她一看见我
I think she was expecting someone,
but when she saw it was me,
她就缩了回去
she darted back inside.
我也没多想就走开了
I thought nothing of it,
of course went along,got the…
我从船员那里拿了我要的东西
就回去了 我不骗人
from the man, and started
back. Just as I did,
我看见一个人敲了敲
路易丝的房♥门就进去了
I saw someone knock on the…
maid’s door and go inside!
是吗?
Yes?
是的
Yes!
– 那个人是谁? – 我没说吗?
– But who was it? – Didn’t I say?
那个人是…
It was…
出什么事了?
What the devil was that?
– 看见谁了没有? – 没有
– Did you see anyone? – No.
这是彭宁顿的枪
几天前我见他擦过枪
That’s Pennington’s gun.
I saw him cleaning it the other day.
你的枪用过,这你怎么解释?
So, how do you account for
your gun being used?
– 我不知道 – 你带枪上船被人知道了?
– I have no idea.
– Was anybody aware that you had one?
都知道我舱里有枪
I made no secret of it.
告诉我,彭宁顿先生
Tell me, Monsieur Pennington,
林内特.道尔没到法定年龄就结婚了是吗?
Linnet Doyle was not yet of age
when she married, yes?
七月份她就满21了
She would turn 21 next July.
到那时,她就能经管她所有的财产了吧?
Which is when she would have
taken control of her fortune?
根据他父亲的遗嘱
According of her father’s will,
林内特到了21岁或者结婚后
Linnet was to take control over the dowry
when she turned 21
都可以经管她的财产
or when she married.
她这么突然结婚,让你惊慌失措了吧?
And did this marriage, that was so sudden,
cause you any consternation?
– 怎么会呢? – 或许是她谈情说爱
– Why should it?
– Perhaps because her affairs
没有像旁人那样按部就班
weren’t in the perfect order
that they should be.
– 你想暗示什么啊? – 等她回到英国以后
– What are you suggesting?
– Which she would have noticed
她可能就会发现其中的奥妙
when she took control
on her return to England.
这让你非常惊慌,不是吗?所以你就
And that prospect so alarmed you,
did it not? Did you rushed over
匆忙地安排了一次在开罗的巧遇是吗?
and arranged for a meeting that was
apparently fortuitous in Cairo?
我没有 我乘坐的卡米尼克号♥
开出一天后,她的信才到
I did not! Her letter arrived a day
after I sailed on the Carmanic.
那么为何在你的行李上
Then why on your luggage
只有诺曼底号♥的标签呢?
它比卡米尼克号♥晚两天开航
you have only the labels of the Normandie,
that sailed two days later?
不,彭宁顿先生 检查一下旅客名单
是最容易不过的事了
Non, Mr. Paddington. It is the easiest thing
in the world to check the list of passengers.
我相信你赶到这儿来,是想摆脱你目前的困境
It is my believe that you came over here
to find a way out of the mess you were in
你耍尽花招,可是没有得逞
and endeavored, without success,
为的就是哄骗道尔太太在某些文件上签字
to obtain the signature of Mme. Doyle
to certain documents.
你到哈索尔神庙的顶上去
And while you were walking along the roof
of the Temple of Hathor,
从那儿推下一块石像差点砸死她…
you dislodged a statue head, which fell
very close to it’s objective…
– 你疯了吧 – 后来在返程的途中
– That is crazy!
– And when a similar opportunity
干掉道尔太太的机会又来了
presented itself on the return journey home,
如果她死了,完全可以嫁祸于其他人
when her death would, almost certainly,
be described to somebody else,
不要忘了这个事实,这是无可辩驳的
not forgetting the fact, irrefutable,
那就是你的枪射杀了
that it was your gun that was used
to shoot and kill
一个即将揭露凶手身份的女人
a woman that was about to reveal
the identity of the murderer.
三起谋杀案,彭宁顿先生
Three murders, Monsieur Pennington!
放心好了,当局会对道尔太太的财产情况
You may rest assured that the authorities
will conduct an investigation
进行彻彻底底的调查
that wil be most thorough to the
condition of the estate of Madame Doyle.
够了
All right!
这地方让我倒霉透了
我本来是想,如果运气好的话
It’s because of this goddamn slum.
I was hoping that, with a little bit of luck,
在她接管财产之前,我还能扭转局面
I would have straightened everything up
by the time she would take control.
那个石像是怎么回事?
这可是个千载难逢的好机会啊
And the statue head was what?
Was it an oportunity too tempting?
是个意外 我被高尔夫球杆绊了一下
It was an accident!
I tripped over my golf club.
我又不是存心要杀她
And I didn’t kill her either!
你听明白没有?
Do you hear me?
这罪名你安不到我头上,永远别想
You’re not gonna pin that on me,
and you never will.
一个乳臭未干的小子,一个仰人鼻息的寄生虫
还有一个醉醺醺的老菜皮
A spoiled brat, a domestic parasite
and a drunken old bag,
谁会关心他们的死活?
who cares whether they’re dead or not?
你这人真是无礼透了…
You really are the rudest man…
将来才是要紧的,姑娘,而非过去
It’s the future that matters, woman,
not the past.
你可曾这么想过,有人可能正在某个地方
Have you ever considered, for a single second,
that somebody, somewhere,
为那个可怜的女仆伤心
而罗莎莉会是多么的心烦意乱呢?
might be grieving by the poor maid
or how distraught Rosalie might be?
至于林内特.道尔,她是那么漂亮…
And as for Linnet Doyle,
well, she was just so beautiful…
哦,很不可思议对吗?
Ah! Unbelievable, isn’t it?
你们知道科妮莉亚的父亲
Did you know that Cornelia’s father
was pratically ruined
实际上是毁在林内特父亲的手里吗?
by Linnet’s old man
而她却夸林内特的美貌 真没想到!
and all she say is how beautiful
she was. Incredible!
你不是说未来才要紧,别管过去吗?
I thought you said it’s the future
that mattered, not the past.
说得很好
Touché.
嫁给我好吗?
Will you marry me?
– 什么?! – 我知道这有悖于我的原则
– What?!
– It goes against all my principles, I konw
但我真的认为你应该嫁给我 好吗?
but I really think you should.
How about it?
这是个馊主意
It’s a disgusting idea.
那你是不肯咯?
Is that a “No”?
你这人武断,不可靠
You are opinionated, unreliable,
长了一脸毛,叫人厌恶
scrubby, unpleasant
老是要气人
and utterly…utterly irritating.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!