我不想跟你道别
l don’t want to say good-bye,
-我们刚才聊到你呢 -嗨 强尼 菲小姐
-We were just talking about you, -Hi, Johnny, Hi, Miss Fay,
-你好 -希望你们讲的是好话
-Hello, -I hope it was something nice,
是啊 强尼跟我说 你是个很棒的朋友
Yes, Johnny was telling me about what a wonderful friend you were,
-小菲正要走了 -别因为我而急着走
-Fay was just leaving, -Don’t rush off on my account,
-她有个约会 要迟到了 -没错
-She’s late for an appointment, -That’s right,
-一定要打电♥话♥来 -我跟你说了就会做到
-You be sure to call me, -I’ll do just what I told you I would,
很高兴再见到你 安格先生 请你照顾强尼
lt was nice to see you again, Mr, Unger, Take care of Johnny,
我对强尼是义不容辞的
There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for Johnny,
再见
I’ll see you,
半小时前 大约在6:30
Ahalf an hour earlier at approximately 6:30,
赛马场的酒保麦可欧莱利回到家
Mike o’Reilly, the track bartender, came home.
露西 我回来了
Ruthie, I’m home,
奥利微西街504号♥4B室 8PM
当天晚上7:15
At 7:15 that same night,
赛马场的出纳员 乔治彼提回到他的公♥寓♥
George Peatty, the track cashier, arrived at his apartment.
哈啰
Hello,
哈啰
Hello,
-你还好吧 -还好
-Feeling okay? -Fine,
我今天有点不舒服 我的胃一直在痛
I’ve been kind of sick today, I keep getting pains in my stomach,
也许它穿孔了 乔治 会不会
Maybe you got a hole in it, George, Do you suppose you have?
我的胃怎么会穿孔
How would I get a hole in my stomach?
你的头不就穿孔了吗 帮我倒杯酒来
How would you get one in your head? Fix me a drink,
我自己都觉得痛起来
l think I’m developing some pains myself,
雪莉 不管我说什么 你都一定要吐槽吗
Sherry, can’t I ever say anything at all without you joking me about it?
快点拿酒来 我愈来愈痛了
Hurry up with that drink, The pains are gettin’ worse,
我今晚在回家的火车上 看到一个不错的东西
l saw somethin’ kind of nice comin’ home on the train tonight,
感觉蛮甜蜜的
Somethin’, well, kind of sweet,
是糖果棒吗 乔治
A candy bar, George?
不是糖果棒 真是的
No, not a candy bar, darn it,
是人啦
lt was people,
有一对男女就坐我的对面
This couple sittin’ just in front of me,
他们不年轻了 那个女人差不多是你的年技
They weren’t young exactly, I guess the woman was about your age,
你是说有点老 一脚踏进棺材了吗
A little senile, you mean, with one foot and a big toe in the grave?
你到底要不要听我说
You want to hear this or not?
我等不及了 快说吧
l can’t wait, Go ahead and thrill me,
反正他们坐在我对面
Anyway, they were sittin’ in front of me
我可以听到他们说的话
and I could hear what they were sayin’,
一部份啦
Well, part of it,
-他们不算年轻…-你说了 她是我的年技
-They weren’t young exactly—She was about my age, you said,
也许你开始说故事的时候 她是 但现在不是了
Not anymore, Maybe she was when you started telling this story, but not now,
总之 她叫他爸爸 他叫她妈妈
Anyway, she was calling him Papa and he was calling her Mama,
这个奇闻的高♥潮♥在哪里 它的教训和重点呢
The climax to this exciting story? The moral, the punch line?
算了 我只是想告诉你 不过我早该猜到会这样
Forget it, I just thought I’d tell you about it, but I might’ve known,
我知道 要不要赌我知道 我给你七比五
l know, You want to bet I know? I’ll give you seven-to-five,
别闹了 好吗
Cut it out, will you ?
我累了 我不太舒服
I’m tired, I don’t feel so good,
你要我叫你♥爸♥爸 你想叫我妈妈对不对
You want me to call you Papa, and you want to call me Mama?
-你什么都知道 -仅管叫吧
-You know all the answers, -Go right ahead,
那可能会是你的遗言
lt may be the last word you ever say,
不过我不会让你死得太痛苦的
but I’ll try to kill you as painlessly–
我今晚要出门 我想应该没有晚餐吧
l gotta go out tonight, I don’t suppose there’s anything for dinner,
当然有 有各式各样的东西
Of course there is, There are all sorts of things,
-我们有牛排 芦笋 洋芋 -我什么都没闻到
-We have steak, asparagus, and potatoes, -I don’t smell nothin’,
当然 因为你距离太远了
That figures, ’cause you ‘re too far away from it,
-太远 -你该不会以为我煮菜了吧
-Too far away? -You don’t think I had it all cooked,
东西全在购物中心里啊
lt’s all down in the shopping center,
雪莉 告诉我好吗
Tell me somethin’, would you, Sherry?
告诉我一件事就好
Just tell me one thing,
你当初为什么嫁给我
Why did you ever marry me, anyway?
一个男人最好 不要问老婆这种问题
When a man has to ask his wife that, well, he just hadn’t better,
干嘛谈呢 也许长远来说是件好事
Why talk about it? Maybe it’s all to the good in the long run,
毕竟 如果大家都不会头痛
After all, if people didn’t have headaches,
阿斯匹灵工业该怎么办
what would happen to the aspirin industry?
你爱过我的 至少你说过你爱我
You used to love me, You said you did, anyway,
我好像听你说过 一个令人难忘的声明
l seem to recall you made a memorable statement, too–
什么发财啦 在公园大道上买♥♥♥房♥♥子
something about hitting it rich and having an apartment on Park Avenue
一星期每天开不同的车子
and a different car for every day of the week,
并不是说我在乎这些东西
Not that I really care about such things
因为我有个像你一样 高大 英俊又总明的老公
as long as I have a big, handsome, intelligent brute like you,
如果我有钱的话 就会有分别 对不对
lt would make a difference, wouldn’t it? lf I had money, I mean,
你所谓的”钱”是什么
How would you define ”money”?
可别想送我 你收集的罗斯福钱币…
lf you ‘re thinking of giving me your collection of Roosevelt dimes–
我是指大钱 好几十万块
l mean big money–hundreds of thousands of dollars,
你真的不舒服对不对 你确定你是胃痛吗
You really don’t feel well, Are you sure that pain’s in your stomach?
我会有几十万块的
I’m gonna have it–hundreds of thousands,
也许拿到五十万
Maybe a half a million,
我相信你 你把愿望寄到北极的时候
Of course you are, Did you put the right address on the envelope
信封上的地址没写错吧
when you sent it to the North Pole?
仅管嘲笑我 你等着瞧吧
Go ahead and laugh, Wait and see,
也许几天后 你就笑不出来了
Maybe you won’t be laughing so hard in a few days,
你是说真的 你真的以为你会有一大笔钱
You ‘re serious, You really think you ‘re gonna have a lot of money,
我不是以为 我确定
l don’t think nothin’, I know it,
你从来都不会说谎 你没有足够的想像力来说谎
You ‘ve never been a liar, You don’t have enough imagination to lie,
你凭什么确定 你会有好几十万块钱
What makes you think you ‘re gonna have several hundred thousand dollars?
我就是确定 只是我不能说
‘Cause I do, I can’t talk about it,
连你的小雪莉都不能说
Not even to me, your little Sherry?
我根本连提都不该提的
l shouldn’t have even mentioned I was going to have it,
我并不介意 我知道可以信任你
lt’s not that I mind, I know I can trust you,
只是其他这些人…
but if these other guys–
“其他这些人”
”These other guys”?
我不能说 雪莉
l can’t talk about it, Sherry,
你今晚出门 就是要去见这些人吗
ls that why you ‘re going out tonight? To meet with them?
和他们一点关系也没有 我只是得去上城一下
They got nothin’ to do with that, I just got to go uptown for a while,
我明白了 你去吧
l see, Well, you go right ahead,
如果你想这样 我绝不会阻止你的
lf you want to act that way, I certainly won’t try to stop you,
雪莉甜心 别生我的气嘛
Now, Sherry, honey, don’t be sore at me,
一个女人结婚了五年 结果老公不信任她
When a woman’s been married five years and her husband doesn’t trust her–
你看得起别人 却看不起我
You think more of them than you do of me,
你怎么能说出这种话
What right have you got to say a thing like that?
你明知道我爱死你了 我愿意为你做任何事
You know I’m crazy about you, I’d do anything in the world for you,
我做这件事就是为了你 如果我没这么爱你…
You ‘re the one I’m doing it for, lf I didn’t love you so much–
我不要你为我做任何事情 我不想跟你说话了
l don’t want you to do anything for me,
你去见你的朋友或干嘛都行
Go up and see your fellow–whatever you want to do,
雪莉
Sherry,
如果你回家没看到我 可别惊讶
Don’t you be surprised if I’m not here when you get home,
你最好在家 听到没 你会在 家对不对
You better be here, You hear me? You will be, won’t you ?
你不会做傻事吧
You wouldn’t do anything foolish, would you ?
我当然不想 可是你不信任我
l certainly wouldn’t want to, but as long as you don’t trust me
连一丁点也不信任我
or have the slightest bit of faith in me–
-如果我发现你和别的男人在一起…-你又对我没用处
-lf I ever found you with another man—You have no use for me,
你说你有 可是等到 要你摊牌 证明的时候
You say you do, but when it comes to a showdown, or proving it,
你就说一套做一套了
you say one thing and then you do the opposite,
我可以告诉你一点点
Well, I could tell you a little bit about it, I guess,
或大部份的计划
or most of it,
-但你要保证不说出去 -当然了 亲爱的
-But you got to promise to keep quiet, -Why, of course, darling,
等一下
Just a second,
-嘿了 -哈啰
-Well! -Hello,
-你今晚怎么甩得掉乔治 -他有事出门
-How’d you get away from George tonight? -He had to go somewhere,
运气真好 真高兴你打电♥话♥来
That’s a break, I’m glad you called me,
怎么了 宝贝
Somethin’ wrong, baby?
没什么事
No, nothing’s wrong,
-要我帮你倒一杯吗 -不 不用了
-Can I get you a drink? -No, I don’t think so,
别这样嘛 这样不像我的宝贝
Come on, now, That’s not my baby,
-瓦尔 我昨晚打给你 -然后呢
-Val, I called you last night, -Yeah?
-没有人接 -我可能出门了
-There was no answer, -I guess I stepped out,
-我打给你四次 -我可能在外面吧
-I called you four times, -I guess I was out somewhere,
哦 你在做什么
Oh? What’d you do?
我可能去看电影或什么的吧
l guess I was goofin’ off at a movie or somethin’,
你为什么这样对我
Why are you doing this to me?
-我不知道你在说什么 -我想你知道

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!