Then catch the bus by 4 to the place
然后赶4点的公车
where they can’t spell “happiness. ”
去那个连”幸福”都不会写的地方接我儿子
Then the cross town.
再横跨整个城市
The 22 home.
最后坐22路车回家
Hey, Chris! Hey. Hi, Ralph.
嘿 克里斯 嘿 拉尔夫
I’m waiting. All right, I got that for you, Ralph.
我还在等房租 好的 我会付给你的 拉尔夫
I’m gonna get that for you.
我会付给你的
Whoever brought in the most money
通常情况下
after six months was usually hired.
6个月内为公司揽到最多生意的人将被雇用
Hello, Chris Gardner calling for Mr. Walter Hobb.
你好 我是克里斯·迦纳 我找沃尔特·荷布先生
We were all working our way up call sheets to sign clients.
我们都在各显其能 将电话名单上的人变为我们的客户
From the bottom to the top. Yes, sir.
依名单从下往上打电话联系 好的
From the doorman to the CEO. Okay.
从门卫打到执行长 好的
They’d stay till 7, but I had Christopher.
他们都7点下班 但我还要接克里斯托弗
I had to do in six hours what they do in nine.
所以我要在6个小时内 完成他们9个小时做的工作
Good afternoon, my name is Chris Gardner. I’m calling from Dean Witter.
下午好 我是克里斯·迦纳 迪安·维特公司的
In order not to waste any time…
为了节约时间 每通电话之间
I wasrt hanging up the phone in between calls.
我都直接播打 不放听筒 …
Okay, thank you very much.
好的 太感谢了
I realized that by not hanging up the phone…
我意识到 这样做
I gained another eight minutes a day.
我每天可以节约8分钟 …
Why, good morning to you, my name is Chris Gardner.
早上好 我是克里斯·迦纳
I’m calling from Dean Witter. I wasrt drinking water…
迪安·维特公司的 而且我也不喝水
so I didn’t ‘ waste any time in the bathroom.
所以不用浪费时间上厕所 …
Yes, I’d love to have the opportunity…
是的 我希望有机会…
Okay, no problem at all, sir. Thank you very much.
好的 没问题 先生 谢谢
But even doing all this…
尽管如此
after two months, I still didn’t have time to work my way up a sheet.
2个月后 我连一张名单都没打完 …
退休基金会执行长 沃尔特·瑞本
We’re feeling really confident about that one as well.
我们在这方面相当的有自信
Walter Ribbor office.
沃尔特·瑞本办公室
Yes, hello, my name is Chris Gardner. I’m calling for Mr. Walter Ribbon.
你好 我是克里斯·迦纳 找沃尔特·瑞本先生
Concerning? Yes, ma’am.
是关于? 是的 女士
I’m calling from Dean Witter.
我是迪安·维特公司的
Just a moment.
请稍等
Hello? Mr. Ribbon.
你好 瑞本先生?
Hello, sir. My name’s Chris Gardner. I’m calling from Dean Witter.
您好 先生 我叫克里斯·迦纳 迪安·维特公司的
Yeah, Chris. Yes, Mr. Ribbon…
什么事 克里斯? 瑞本先生
I would love to have the opportunity to discuss some of our products.
我希望有机会当面 向您介绍一下我们公司的服务 …
I’m certain that I could be of some assistance to you.
我肯定能为您做点事
Can you be here in 20 minutes?
你能20分钟内赶过来吗?
Twenty minutes. Absolutely.
20分钟 当然了
Just had someone cancel. Come now.
有个预约取消了 你现在就过来吧
I can give you a few minutes before the 49ers.
我会在49人队比赛前给你几分钟时间
Monday Night football, buddy.
老兄 周一晚上可是橄榄球比赛时间啊
Yes, sir. Thank you very much.
好的 先生 太感谢您了
See you soon. Bye bye.
那一会儿见 再见
Excuse me. Thank you.
感谢您给我这个机会…
Chris, what’s up? Hey, Mr. Frakesh.
克里斯 你好吗? 嘿 弗雷克斯先生
Hey, do you have five minutes?
老兄 有5分钟时间吗?
I got a green light from Walter Ribbon…
事实上 沃尔特·瑞本同意我去…
I’m supposed to present commodities to Bromer.
因为我连一分钟都没 我要给布罗姆 做商品汇报
Could you move my car?
能帮我停下车吗?
That’d really help me out. It’s on Samson,
那就帮大忙了 车停在萨姆森大街
half block, silver Caprice.
离这半个街区是辆银色”雪弗莱随想”
Just move it to the other side.
只要把车停到马路另一侧就好
They’re street sweeping. There’s spaces.
那儿刚扫完街 一定有空位
Hang on to these. I have backups in my desk.
钥匙你先拿着 我桌上还有备用的
And you have to jimmy that.
钥匙不太灵光 记得扭一下
Jimmy what? You have to jimmy the key.
扭一下什么? 钥匙不灵光 要扭一下
And the other doors don’t unlock. You have to jimmy it.
另一个门锁死了 记得要扭一下
Come on, I’m jimmying it.
快点 我扭着呢
Oh, no!
哦 不要
Come on.
倒是开啊
Here’s the file, Mr. Ribbon. Thank you.
您要的文件 瑞本先生 谢谢
Thanks a lot. Oh, yeah, thanks. Great idea.
多谢 多谢 这主意很不错
No, no, no!
不 不 不 不!
Rachel, get Ristuccia on the phone for me, please.
瑞秋 替我打个电话找瑞图卡
Hi. Hi.
嗨 嗨
I’m Chris Gardner. I have an appointment with Mr. Ribbon.
我是克里斯·迦纳 和瑞本先生有个预约
Oh, you just missed him.
噢 他刚走
Thank you.
哦 谢谢
What’s that? Just filling out a check…
你在干什么? 我在开支票
paying some bills…
有些帐单 …
and a parking ticket.
停车罚单要付 …
We don’t have a car anymore.
我们没车呀
Yep, I know.
嗯 只是现在没有
I’m gonna need to take you with me this weekend.
我这周周末要带上你
A couple of doctors’ offices.
去几个医生的办公室
On sales calls, okay? Okay.
推销 知道吗? 知道了
Then, possibly, we’ll go to the football game.
有可能…会带你去看橄榄球赛
Really? Possibly.
真的? 有可能
All right? All right.
好不好? 好吧
Come on, finish up.
快点 快吃完
Are you sure? Possibly.
真的吗? 呵 有可能
Really?
真的?
Are you bringing it to the game? Yeah, I don’t wanna leave it.
你要带这个去看比赛吗? 是的 我不想把它丢下
And maybe we’re going to the game.
我只说我们可能会去看比赛
Where are we going now? To see someone about my job.
现在这是去哪儿? 去见个工作上的人
I don’t understand.
我不明白
You don’t understand what? Are we going to the game?
不明白什么? 我们到底去不去看比赛?
I said possibly we’re going to the game.
我说了有可能会去
You know what “possibly” means?
知道什么是”有可能”吗?
Like probably.
就是”很可能”的意思吧?
No, “probably” means there’s a good chance that we’re going.
不”很可能”是说去看比赛的几率很大
Possibly” means we might, we might not.
“有可能”是说可能去 可能不去 ”
What does “probably” mean? It means we have a good chance.
“很可能”是什么意思? 是指可能性很大
And what does “possibly” mean?
那”有可能”呢?
I know what it means. What does it mean?
我知道是什么意思! 什么意思?
It means that we’re not going to the game.
就是我们”不”会去看比赛!
How did you get so smart? Because you’re smart.
你怎么会这么聪明? 因为你很聪明
Are we there? Yeah.
到了吗? 是的
Mr. Ribbon. Yes?
瑞本先生吗? 我就是
How are you, sir? Chris Gardner. Dean Witter.
您好 我是克里斯·迦纳 迪安·维特公司的
Oh, hi. Hi. This is my son, Christopher.
哦 嗨 嗨 这是我儿子克里斯托弗
Hi. Hey, Christopher.
嗨 嗨 克里斯托弗
What are you doing up here? I came to apologize…
有什么事吗? 我是为那天…
for missing our appointment. You didn’t need to come up.
失约而来道歉的 没必要专程来的 …
We were in the neighborhood visiting a very close friend…
我们正好在这附近看一位好朋友
and I wanted to take this opportunity
我只想借此机会 …
to say thank you for your time.
向您表示感谢 多谢您腾出宝贵时间
I know you probably waited for me. Little bit.
我知道当时您可能在等我 只等了一会儿
I want you to know that I do not take that for granted.
我得说明 我完全没有”您应该等我”的意思
Oh, come on. What’s that?
算了吧 那是什么?
Oh, it’s an Osteo National bone density scanner.
是国骨公司生产的骨质密度扫描仪
A company I bought into prior to going to work at Witter.
是我加入迪安·维特公司之前买进的公司
I have a meeting after the game. You’re going to the game?
比赛后我有个会 你们也去看比赛?
Yeah. Possibly.
是的 有可能
Possibly. We’re going too.
有可能 我们也要去的
I’m taking my son, Tim. My 12 year old.
我要带我儿子提姆去 他12岁了
We were just leaving. Tim!
我们要出发了 提姆!
Listen, we’ll get out of your way.
那…那我们不耽误您了
Again, thank you very much, and I’m sorry about the other day.
再次感谢您 那天的事很抱歉
And I hope that we can reschedule for later.
希望我们这周晚些时候 能再重新安排个时间会面
You got it. Thank you very much.
没问题 太谢谢您了 先生
You take care. Here, come on.
多保重 来
Say bye bye, Chris. Bye.
说再见 克里斯托弗 再见
Bye, Christopher.
再见 克里斯托弗
Hey, you guys wanna come with us?
想和我们一起去吗?
What…? To Candlestick?
呃…去烛台球场吗?
We’re going now. Come with us.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!