What do you call a man who waits for a rich woman…
等待一位贵族少女决定是否需要他
to decide whether or not she wants him?
你怎么称呼这样一个男人?
Then why not tell her how you feel?
那你为什么不告诉她你的感受
My dear Victoria,
我亲爱的维多利亚
these days will be full of sadness since I know the King is dear to you.
这些日子很难过吧 听说国王很爱护你
Will you allow me to offer my support, albeit at a distance?
能否允许在远方的我 表示我的支持?
If I cannot be with you, then I pray you will hear my voice
我不能在你身边 但我会祈祷你能听到
in the music that I send.
我由音乐传达的心声
You know my love of Schubert.
我弹奏的是我喜欢的舒伯特
This is his Swan Song, and I play it with you in my heart.
这是他的天鹅之歌♥ 我在心里和你一起演奏
Is he ready?
他准备好了吗?
Well, he may be, but she isn’t.
他好了 但她不一定
Let her enjoy succession and the freedom it’ll bring.
让她享受一下权利交替 和随之而来的自♥由♥吧
We must wait for disillusion and the loneliness that follows.
我们只需等到幻想破灭 空虚袭来之时
Victoria.
维多利亚
You must come now.
快起来
Long live the Queen.
女王万岁
I’m going back to bed.
我去睡一会
I imagine Lord Melbourne will be here quite early.
想必墨尔本勋爵一大早就会到
Lehzen, would you make sure he has everything he needs…
莱贞 如果我还没准备好
if I’m not ready to receive him?
你要确保满足他的一切需要
Of course, Your Royal… Your Majesty.
是的 尊贵的… 陛下
Victoria, wait.
维多利亚 等等
I will hold your hand. No. Thank you, Mama.
让我牵着你 不了 谢谢 母亲
And Lehzen, in the morning could you arrange
莱贞 明天早上将我的床
for my bed to be moved into a room of my own?
搬到我自己的房♥间里
Surely, there’s no need for… As soon as possible, Lehzen.
完全没有必要… 尽快 莱贞
The Council is assembled, Your Majesty.
议会到齐了 陛下
Her Majesty the Queen.
女王陛下到
“It is with a sense of reverence and honor that I address you, my Privy Councilors,
作为你们的君主和女王 怀着崇敬和荣幸之情
“as your Sovereign and Queen.
我任命你们为枢密院议员
“I mourn sincerely the death of my dear uncle, the King.
我为我亲爱的叔父 国王的死 感到深切的哀痛
“But I know I may count on you to serve me as loyally as you served him.”
但我坚信你们会服务于我 如对他那般的忠诚
I am young, but I am willing to learn.
我很年轻 但乐于学习
And I mean to devote my life to the service of my country and my people.
我愿意尽忠于我的国家 我的人♥民♥
I look for your help in this.
希望能得到你们的帮助
I know I shall not be disappointed.
我很清楚不能辜负所有人的期望
Thank you.
谢谢
She starts on your watch, Lord Melbourne.
她处于你的保护下了 墨尔本勋爵
Guard her well and keep her safe from harm.
保护好她远离危险
As a matter of interest, will a time come when I read them first?
出于好奇 我可不可以亲自拆一次自己的信?
You’ll enjoy this.
你会喜欢这封信的
She has a real flair for description.
她很有描述的天赋
Present arms!
举枪致敬!
On Tuesday, I went to inspect Buckingham Palace.
周二 我视察了白金汉宫
It is onlyjust finished, and I shall be the very first sovereign to live there.
它刚刚修葺完成 我将成为首位入住的君主
As I stepped out of the carriage, for the first time in my life I felt freedom.
当我从马车里走出来时 生平第一次感受到了自♥由♥
Splendid, is it not? Yes.
很辉煌 不是吗? 是啊
You’ll have to decide on a husband soon.
您必须要尽快决定夫君人选
What about Leopold’s candidate?
利奥波德家的如何?
I can’t marry the man they want me to marry.
我不会听从他们的摆布
Every suitor will come with strings attached.
每个求婚者都有附加条件
Can’t I be my own mistress for a while? Haven’t I earned it?
我就不能独自过一阵子吗 难道我没这权利?
Dear Lord M., he’s so very kind. I couldn’t have asked for a better tutor.
尊敬的M勋爵 人很好 我找不到比他更好的顾问了
You may dream of independence, but you won’t get it.
你也许很想独♥立♥ 但你无法得到
From now on, everyone will push you and pull you for their own advantage.
从现在起 每个人都会为了自身利益逼迫你
Melbourne more than the rest.
墨尔本更甚于其他人
Just remember you are the Queen. He’s a politician.
记住 你是女王 他是政客
And politicians, whatever their creed, always resent a monarchy.
不管政客们的信条是什么 他们总是痛恨君主统治
They pass through. You stay.
他们走了 你要留下
So just keep dear Lord M. In his proper sphere.
所以他的位置只是”尊敬的M勋爵”
He’s already chosen the new household.
他已经选好了新任内侍班底
About my ladies-in-waiting…
关于我的侍女…
Yes, I’ll have a list brought over to you later today. They’ve all accepted.
是的 我迟点会拿份名单过来 她们已经全部接受了
Only my aunt advised me not to be too partisan in my choice.
只是我的叔母建议我 抉择时不要带有偏见
With respect, Your Majesty, I think I understand these things…
尊敬的陛下 我想 对这些事情
at least as well as the Queen Dowager.
我至少和皇太后一样了解
I know that, of course.
我当然知道
And we want our friends around us,
而且 在我们开始工作的时候
of course, surely, as we begin our labors.
我们希望身边服侍的都是自己人
We don’t want to find Sir John Conroy sneaking his feet back under the table.
我们也不想看到约翰·康罗伊爵士暗中搞鬼
No. Not if we have to line up every friend we both possess.
是的 所以我们必须列出共有的朋友
Well quite, Ma’am.
没错 夫人
It’s very cold in here. Why haven’t they lit the fires?
这里很冷 为什么没人点火?
Well, it seems the fires are laid by the Lord Steward’s department,
好像是柴火放在斯图尔特勋爵家里
but lit by the Lord Chamberlain’s.
却由张伯伦勋爵负责点燃
And no one knows which footman should do it. It’s not very sensible.
所以没人知道这是哪个男仆的职责 这安排不太合理
Well, if that’s the way things are done, I shouldn’t meddle.
如果规矩是这样的 我不应该干涉
We must improve where we can.
我们必须尽力改善
If I’ve discovered anything from touring England,
如果说我在英国之旅中发现了什么
it’s the suffering that needs my help.
那就是需要我提供帮助的民众
Never try to do good, Your Majesty.
不要过多行善 陛下
It always leads to terrible scrapes.
这总是引起麻烦
Lord Melbourne, that is not what is preached from the pulpit.
墨尔本勋爵 布道可不是这么说的
No, it’s not, and that’s exactly why I never go to church.
是的 这就是我不去教堂的原因
One always hears the most extraordinary things.
在那里 人们听到的都是最离谱的事
I’ve made no promise to him.
我没有对他作出承诺
But sometimes I feel quite alone in the world.
但有时我觉得很孤独
Never while I’m here, Your Majesty.
我在的时候就不会这样 陛下
Lord Melbourne is akin to a miracle.
墨尔本勋爵就象是个奇迹
He has proved to be most generous and sensitive,
他是最慷慨体贴的
quite wondrous in a politician.
在政客中很难得
Someone I trust and hold dear.
我信任他 尊重他
He is the best company imaginable.
他是可以想象到的最佳伙伴
Sometimes we laugh so much, it is as if we were naughty children.
有时候我们笑得如此欢畅 就像两个顽皮的孩童一样
Albert, I so look forward to the day…
阿尔伯特 我真的很期待你与他相识的那天
when you can know and value him as I do.
并且尊重他就象尊重我一样
Yours affectionately, Victoria.
你亲爱的 维多利亚
Plenty of praise for Lord Melbourne and not much of anything else.
全都是关于墨尔本勋爵的赞美 没有其他
“Everything comes to he who waits.” And if nothing comes, what then?
万事皆须人等待 如果没事 那会怎样
You’ve played with me, Baron.
你在耍我 男爵
And now it is enough.
够了
I’m going back to England.
我要回英国
There must be a reason if you wish to visit Her Majesty.
你必须有去拜见陛下的理由
Then find me a reason.
那就给我找一个
So, are you going to propose?
那么 你要求婚吗?
What? What am I supposed to think?
怎么?我还能怎么想?
You’re going to London to enjoy the weather?
你要去享受伦敦的天气?
I’m going to spend some time with her, that’s all.
我要去拜访她一段时间 仅此而已
Besides, I am forbidden.
而且 我是被禁止的
It has to come from her, apparently.
显然只能靠她了
So I could not propose, even if I wanted to.
所以我不能求婚 即使我想这么做
And do you want to?
那你想吗
Please hold still. I’m afraid I always find noses a challenge.
拜托不要动 我总觉得鼻子很难画
Am I permitted to talk?
我能讲话吗
Yes, but you can’t move.
可以 但别动
There’s nothing to rival an English garden.
英国的花♥园♥是最好的
Of all my life in Kensington, it’s the only part I’ll miss.
在肯辛顿宫生活的日子里 那是我唯一会想念的
But the gardens at Buckingham Palace surely…
但是白金汉宫的花♥园♥ 当然…
You’re moving.
你动了
Now you’re smiling.
现在你在笑
Impossible. You’re worse than him.
画不成了 你比他还不规矩
I believe we have a duty to those in need of our protection.
我认为我们对那些需要我们保护的人负有责任
It is the business of every sovereign
这是每个君主都要做的
to champion the dispossessed, for no one else will.
保护无依无靠的人们 因为没有其他人会这样做
Take housing. May I show you?
拿房♥产来说 我可以画给你看吗?
Industry is expanding so fast that people are not considering where the workers will live.
工业发展得这么快 以至于人们都不考虑工人们的住所问题
But I’ve been experimenting. By building these in units of two,
我一直在做实验 以两个单元为单位建寓所
you can build safe, clean homes for two families for less than the cost…
可以为两个家庭花较少的钱 建造既安全又整洁的家…
I’m sorry. I don’t mean to preach.
对不起 我不是想说教

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!