[女孩哼歌♥]
[Girl Humming]
[继续哼歌♥]
[Humming Continues]
[女孩叹气]
[Girl Sighs]
[继续哼歌♥]
[Continues Humming]
[继续哼歌♥]
[Humming Continues]
[滴答]
[Ticking]
[继续哼歌♥]
[Humming Continues]
[女孩叹气]
[GirlSighs]
[继续哼歌♥]
[Humming Continues]
[女孩]乒
[Girl]Bing.
[继续哼歌♥]
[Continues Humming]
[女孩低语]
[Girl Murmurs]
[女孩笑声]
[Girl Giggling]
[女孩哼歌♥,撕裂纸张]
[Girl Hums, Rips Paper]
[鸟鸣]
[Birds Chirping]
[女音]梅岗镇是个无趣的老镇
[Woman Narrating]Maycomb was a tired, old town,
甚至在1932年 我刚认识它的时候起就是这样
even in 1932 when l first knew it.
不知不觉天气变得更热了
Some how it was hotter then.
男人的衬衫领到了早上 九点就已经耷啦下来了
Men’s stiff collars wilted by 9:00 in the morning.
女的在中午前就洗澡 还有在下午三点的午休后…
Ladies bathed before noon, after their 3:00 naps…
还有天黑前 就像软了的蛋糕…
and by night fall were like soft tea cakes…
上面到处都是汗水 还有小糖块
with frostings of sweat and sweet talcum.
一天有24小时 但是似乎更长
The day was 24 hours long, but it seemed longer.
人们的生活都不急促 因为大家更本没有地方可以去…
There was no hurry, for there was nowhere to go…
没什么可买♥♥ 也没钱买♥♥
and nothing to buy:; no money to buy it with.
虽然梅岗镇镇最近常被说是…
Although Maycomb County had recently been told…
没什么好怕的 但是它自己也是最可怕的
that it had nothing to fear but fear itself.
那年的夏天我刚好六岁
That summer I was six years old.
早上好,坎宁安先生 – 早上好,小姐
Good morning, Mr. Cunningham. – Good morning, miss.
我爸爸正在换衣服 你要我帮你叫他吗?
My daddy’s getting dressed. Would you like me to call hI’m for you?
我怕打扰他 – 为什么?不打搅的,坎宁安先生
I don’t care to bother. – Why, it’s no bother, Mr. Cunningham.
他很乐意见你的 阿提克斯!
He’ll be happy to see you. Atticus!
阿提克斯?
Atticus?
这是坎宁安先生
It’s Mr. Cunningham.
早上好,沃特 – 早上好,芬奇先生
Good morning, Walter. – Good morning, Mr. Finch.
我不想没事来打搅你的
I didn’t want to bother you none.
我带给你这些核桃 算是我对你的报答
I brung you these here hickory nuts as part of my entailment.
非常感谢 你上周给的甘蓝真的很好吃
Well, I thank you. The collards we had last week were delicious.
早上好
Well, Morning.
早上好
Morning.
斯科特,我想大概下次坎宁安先生来的时候
Scout, I think maybe, uh, next time Mr. Cunningham comes,
你最好别叫我
you better not call me.
我想你一直想谢谢他 – 噢,是的
I thought you’d want to thank him. – Oh, I do.
我觉得当面感谢他反倒让他难堪了
I think it embarrasses him to be thanked.
为什么他给你这么多东西?
Why does he bring you all this stuff?
他给这些是为了报答我帮 他打的一些官司
He’s paying me for some legal work I did for him.
为什么他要付你这些?
Why does he pay you like this?
他只能付这些 他没有钱
That’s the only way he can. He has no money.
他很穷吗? – 是的
Is he poor? – Yes.
我们呢?
Are we poor?
我们也是,真的
We are, indeed.
那我们和坎宁安家一样穷吗?
Are we as poor as the Cunninghams?
不,不完全
No, not exactly.
坎宁安家是普通的农家
Cunninghams are country folks, farmers.
经济危机伤他们最深 – [关门声]
The crash hit them the hardest. – [Screen Door Squeaks]
斯科特,叫你哥哥
Scout, call your brother.
阿提克斯?吉姆 在树上.
[Scout]Atticus? Jem’s up in the tree.
他说他不下来除非你答应 他替卫理公会踢球
He says he won’t come down until you agree to play football for the Methodists.
吉姆?
Jem?
儿子,你为什么不下来吃早饭?
Son, why don’t you come down out of there now and have your breakfast.
卡尔普尼亚 做了好吃的饼干
Calpurnia has a good one. Hot biscuits.
[吉姆]不,直到你答应踢球为止
[Jem]Not ’til you agree to play football for the Methodists.
儿子,我是不行啊 我已经太老了
Oh, son, I can’t do that. I’m too old to get out there.
最后 我是你唯一的爸爸
After all, I’m the only father you have.
你也不想让我打破头吧?
Wouldn’t want me to get my head knocked off, would you?
我就是不下来
I ain’t comin’ down.
随便你
Suit yourself.
[女声]早上好
[Woman]Good morning.
早上好 莫蒂 小姐
Good morning, Miss Maudie.
那里怎么了? – 我遇到麻烦了,莫蒂 小姐
What’s going on over there? – I’m having a terrible time, Miss Maudie.
吉姆 说他不下来一直到爸爸答应 为卫理公会踢球为止
Jem’s stayin’ up in the tree until Atticus agrees to play football for the Methodists.
阿提克斯 说他自己太老了
Atticus says he’s too old.
每次我要说什么的时候 他都说自己太老了
Every time I’m wantin’ to do something, he’s too old.
一切对他来说都太老了!
He’s too old for anything!
他能做很多事
[Maudie]He can do plenty of things.
你们要听话,孩子们
You be good, children. Mind Cal.
早,莫蒂 – 早,阿提克斯
Morning, Maudie. – Morning, Atticus.
他不让我拿枪
He won’t let me have a gun,
而他也只会 碰碰球而从不进攻
and he’ll only play touch football with me, never tackle.
他能把别人的遗嘱做的无懈可击 没人能够抵赖
He can make somebody’s will so airtight, you can’t break it.
你们想想好的吧 别在抱怨了,你们俩都是
You count your blessings and stop complaining, both of you.
感谢上天吧,他已经很棒了
Thank your stars he has the sense to act his age.
吉姆,他很老了 – 我无能为力
Jem, he is pretty old. – I can’t help that.

Hey.
嗨,你呢
Hey, yourself.
我是 查里斯.贝克.哈里斯 我能阅读
I’m Charles Baker Harris. I can read.
你要我念什么吗? 我能的
You got anything needs readin’, I can do it.
你多大了? 四岁半?
How old are you? Four and a half?
要七岁了 – 原来如此
Goin’ on seven. – No wonder then.
斯科特 在她出生后 就开始学习阅读了
Scout’s been readin’ since she was born,
但是她要到下个月才上学
and she don’t start school ’til next month.
你看上去不想你说的那么大
You look right puny for goin’ on seven.
我年龄比看上去要大
I’m little, but I’m old.
大家都叫我 迪尔
Folks call me Dill.
我从 马里第安,密西西比 来的
I’m from Meridian, Mississippi.
这两周我都住在隔壁的 史堤芬尼 阿姨那儿
I’m spending two weeks next door with my Aunt Stephanie.
我妈妈在 马里第安 为一个摄影师工作
My mama worked for a photographer in Meridian.
她用我的照片参加了”美丽孩子” 的比赛,还赢了五块钱呢
She entered my picture in the “Beautiful Child” contest and won five dollars on me.
她把钱给了我 我去看了20次那个照片展
She give the money to me, and I went to the picture show 20 times with it.
我们的妈妈已经不在了,但是我们有个爸爸 – 你的爸爸呢?
Our mama’s dead, but we got a daddy. – Where’s your daddy?
我没有爸爸 – 他去世了吗?
I haven’t got one. – Is he dead?
[迪尔]没有
[Dill]No.
那么如果他没去世 你就有一个爸爸,不是吗?
Well, if he’s not dead, you’ve got one, haven’t you?
[开门声]- 嘘,斯科特
[Screen Door Squeaks]- Hush, Scout.
[轻轻的]我怎么了?我做什么了?
[Softly]What did I do? What did I do?
迪尔,这是 卡尔普尼亚
Dill, this is Calpurnia.
很高兴认识你,迪尔
Pleased to know you, Dill.
[迪尔]很高兴认识你
[Dill]Pleased to know you.
我爸爸是 L&N 铁路的老板
My daddy owns the L&N Railroad.
他让我一直开到 新奥尔兰
He’s gonna let me run the engine all the way to New Orleans.
是吗?
Is that so?
[迪尔]他说我可以邀请任何人 – 嘘
[Dill]He says I can invite anybody– – Shh.
[脚步声]
[Footsteps]
那边走的就是那个最怪的人
There goes the meanest man that ever took a breath of life.
为什么他是最怪的人呢?
Why is he the meanest man?
因为一件事
Well, for one thing,
他有个孩子叫 “布”…
he has a boy named Boo…
他被锁在那边那座房♥子的床上
that he keeps chained to a bed in the house over yonder.

Come on.
看?他住在那里
See? He lives over there.
布 只有在晚上出来…
Boo only comes out at night…
当你睡着而且漆黑的时候
when you’re asleep and it’s pitch dark.
当你半夜醒来 你可以听到他的声音
When you wake up at night, you can hear him.
有一次我 听到他在抓我们的窗
Once I heard hI’m scratching on our screen door,
但是在 阿提克斯 到之前他就走了
but he was gone by the time Atticus got there.
不知道他在那里所了什么?
Wonder what he does in there.
也不知道他长得什么样子?
Wonder what he looks like.
嗯… 从他的脚印来看
Well… judging from his tracks,
他有六英尺半高
he’s about six and a half feet tall.
他生吃松鼠和所有他能捉到的猫
He eats raw squirrels and all the cats he can catch.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!